Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Granted, nobody should be flying anywhere to see anyone right now. That said, I don't understand why these cleansing "rituals" are more worthy of scorn than Catholic mass etc. I just don't get where the anger comes from- these people who want zero covid are trying to actualize that world through their own action, which I guess is why so many people resign themselves to it being permanent (so that they don't have to do anything, which is their M.O. for everything).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Futanari Damacy posted:

Granted, nobody should be flying anywhere to see anyone right now. That said, I don't understand why these cleansing "rituals" are more worthy of scorn than Catholic mass etc. I just don't get where the anger comes from- these people who want zero covid are trying to actualize that world through their own action, which I guess is why so many people resign themselves to it being permanent (so that they don't have to do anything, which is their M.O. for everything).

Catholic mass has been around a lot longer, so people get madder if you criticize it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

prefect posted:

Catholic mass has been around a lot longer, so people get madder if you criticize it.

Is it the OG virtue signaling?????

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr Hootington posted:

Is it the OG virtue signaling?????

No, there's stuff that's even older than Catholicism. It goes way back.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

prefect posted:

No, there's stuff that's even older than Catholicism. It goes way back.

Wild.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Futanari Damacy posted:

It’s not worthy of scorn, but it’s like being the only person in your town who recycles. There is no way for you to make a difference on your own, it needs to come from top down systemic change

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s not worthy of scorn, but it’s like being the only person in your town who recycles. There is no way for you to make a difference on your own, it needs to come from top down systemic change

Of course, but when the system fails you have to start at the grassroots. What is more grassroots than yourself?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr Hootington posted:

Of course, but when the system fails you have to start at the grassroots. What is more grassroots than yourself?

jesus loving christ nobody is saying 'don't wear a mask', the thing that sucks there is the person very performatively posting how many different layers she's wearing while scornfully whining about people who aren't doing as much as her.

Like, just to give her the most benefit of the doubt you're still left with poo poo like 'wearing non-cdc approved masks' and 'lowering them to eat' being used as insults, as if A) 'cdc approved masks' haven't changed wildly through this pandemic including changing from 'actually getting a mask would be bad', and B) 'lower your mask to eat' isn't part of our impotent rear end CDC recommendations.

It's almost as if the problem is on a bigger scale than some random rear end in a top hat at wetzel's pretzels needing to eat in public, and performative 'look how much I care' poo poo doesn't even address it!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's like when people used to very weirdly brag about how long they've stayed inside, but when you ask them 'wow how'd you get groceries and all' they said 'oh yea I use instacart' and genuinely not understand why that was a sign of this poo poo never going away.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

jesus loving christ nobody is saying 'don't wear a mask', the thing that sucks there is the person very performatively posting how many different layers she's wearing while scornfully whining about people who aren't doing as much as her.

Like, just to give her the most benefit of the doubt you're still left with poo poo like 'wearing non-cdc approved masks' and 'lowering them to eat' being used as insults, as if A) 'cdc approved masks' haven't changed wildly through this pandemic including changing from 'actually getting a mask would be bad', and B) 'lower your mask to eat' isn't part of our impotent rear end CDC recommendations.

It's almost as if the problem is on a bigger scale than some random rear end in a top hat at wetzel's pretzels needing to eat in public, and performative 'look how much I care' poo poo doesn't even address it!

You could have just said you agree with me

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The last 150ish posts of this Chapo Trap House thread have been, quite frankly, epic

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Let's go brandon

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Let's go brandon

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Not a single person involved in any of these dipshit discourses exemplify the Let’s Go Brandon lifestyle smdh

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

A mod even came out against the Brandon lifestyle. Very shameful if you ask me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

You can let's go Brandon daily by not killing your dog

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Oh jeez did the new Biden dog get rehomed/die already?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
The thing about masks restrictions etc is that the “ideological battle” is totally irrelevant next to the material reality where whatever favors capital (loose restrictions no enforcement unless it’s racially targeted etc) wins out. The pro restriction people will always be on the losing side so there’s not really a need to combat with them, they are under a losing assault at all times. The cspam gas masks are a security blanket for grownups.

The real issue as was pointed out is they aren’t hip to the structural issues (slavish and unquestioning devotion to number) and have bought in to the fallacy of everything being up to personal individual choice, which you are regularly encouraged to make the wrong one from an epidemiological standpoint.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Leadership requires sacrifice. Specifically, taking your dog to the grotto beneath 1200 New Jersey Ave SE.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The kids are already being sacrificed to the alter of capital so why not dogs?

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Branson Missouri should use “Let’s go to Branson!” as their tourism slogan. The ads could feature old Yakov Smirnoff with a joke that writes itself.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
There's something darkly hilarious about the WH going from Trump not even pretending to have empathy for animals and refusing to have a pet to Biden just rotating through a cast of slightly different problem dogs every few weeks

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bar Crow posted:

Branson Missouri should use “Let’s go to Branson!” as their tourism slogan. The ads could feature old Yakov Smirnoff with a joke that writes itself.

In Soviet Russia, Brandon cheers for you

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/jelly_pack/status/1473704229139324938?s=21

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Axel Kaiser was bad enough on its own lol

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Project CYBERSYN is back on the menu, boys.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1473764340817870850

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

PostNouveau posted:

2 hours of Will and Felix analyzing TikToks? Don't mind if I do

Almost spit out my drink during one ending with a 9/11 mention.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Digital Jedi posted:

Almost spit out my drink during one ending with a 9/11 mention.

These people doing fake dramatic conversations are really strange. Are these acting reels or something? Are they trying to get clout for saying what they would do if theoretically, they had a daughter who came out to them as gay? I don't understand the point.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PostNouveau posted:

These people doing fake dramatic conversations are really strange. Are these acting reels or something? Are they trying to get clout for saying what they would do if theoretically, they had a daughter who came out to them as gay? I don't understand the point.

the latter. You know those psychos in local news comments saying if THEY were in a room with a pedophile or someone who disrespected a cop (equally bad, of course) they'd (insert dumb guy Saw fantasy here)? It's the weird toxic gen z version of that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also where is this 2 hour tiktok review, my brain needs some fresh poison

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

the latter. You know those psychos in local news comments saying if THEY were in a room with a pedophile or someone who disrespected a cop (equally bad, of course) they'd (insert dumb guy Saw fantasy here)? It's the weird toxic gen z version of that.

That's loving bananas

Loudly proclaiming that you'd be very virtuous in a situation you aren't faced with is a pretty quick way to make me think the opposite is true. They're wearing the t-shirt that is raising questions answered by the t-shirt.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

also where is this 2 hour tiktok review, my brain needs some fresh poison

https://www.patreon.com/posts/tiktok-crisis-in-60197731

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

That's loving bananas

Loudly proclaiming that you'd be very virtuous in a situation you aren't faced with is a pretty quick way to make me think the opposite is true. They're wearing the t-shirt that is raising questions answered by the t-shirt.

those vids pull serious numbers because the zoomers watching them are just as poisoned and want the good vibes of being virtue signalled to

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Bar Crow posted:

Previa_fun posted:

Let's go to Branson! Instead of arguing about dumb poo poo on the internet spend your time riding the Time Traveler, which I thoroughly enjoyed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpVMaEYyNxI

:mad:

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

i say swears online posted:

those vids pull serious numbers because the zoomers watching them are just as poisoned and want the good vibes of being virtue signalled to

There’s also a lot of zoomers growing up in Chudlandia that are aware that their family member’s homophobic or non virtuous reactions to these situations aren’t the only option. So they could be living vicariously through these videos. It may be cringy but at least it’s not fash propaganda.

I’m not a coward I’ve just never been tested. I like to think if I was I would pass.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

A lot of them are like, the powers that be demanding the tiktokeer renounce jesus and poo poo though. I think it's more the teenagers being teenagers

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

This is Brandon, MB erasure

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Chad Jihad posted:

A lot of them are like, the powers that be demanding the tiktokeer renounce jesus and poo poo though. I think it's more the teenagers being teenagers

yea for every 'how I'd react to my son telling me he's trans' there's like five 'how I'll react when the UN forces demand I renounce Jesus or die'. It's just teens barfing whatever emotions they're feeling onto tiktok rather than in a journal like we used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
No one under 25 or over 40 should be allowed to Post.