Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Everyone stop arguing about whether raids are too hard and instead figure out a way to do that thing from the Matrix where they download kung fu into Neo's brain except it's my brain and instead of kung fu it's how to play Black Mage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Harrow posted:

Everyone stop arguing about whether raids are too hard and instead figure out a way to do that thing from the Matrix where they download kung fu into Neo's brain except it's my brain and instead of kung fu it's how to play Black Mage

How to play black mage:

1 - Find a spot where you want to stand.
2 - Refuse to move.
3 - Make things explode.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
Its not even that the mechanics are hard, I just don't want to have to teach half the raid how to do Dun Scaithe again for the fortieth time just to level an alt job. Its not worth my time. Either they increase the rewards from more difficult alliance raids to make it worth the effort of teaching (I don't do mentor roulette for a reason), or I'm gonna force CT over and over again.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

How to play black mage:

1 - Find a spot where you want to stand.
2 - Refuse to move.
3 - Make things explode.

I will meditate on this wisdom

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Control Volume posted:

I started skipping cutscenes near the end and Orbonne coincidentally turned into my favorite alliance raid

The theater company is the only story in this game I recommend skipping cutscenes on

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
Or, again, if the contents of the roulette are annoying enough that a portion of the content in it would suck to do, don't do it!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

As much as I disagree with almost everything Cythereal says, hard content is a very subjective term. Any number of things can be at play here, ranging from motor control, reflexes, attention, concentration, memory, multitasking, timing, anxiety, or even lazyness or apathy. I know plenty of people who struggle with story-level content at min ilevel, and I know they're trying. I'm not going to begrudge anyone for that.

ADR queue manipulation is still bullshit though.

For me, it is the sense of entitlement.

"I want the rewards, but I find this content hard/I don't like it, so I'm going to abuse the system to still get the rewards. I don't care if this makes the experience worse for other people."

The 24man raids aren't hard. Or even if someone does find them hard, they don't require you to actually be good at them. You can die at all the bosses 20 times each and your raid will still make it through.

This game is a multiplayer game. A lot of the systems require you to engage with other people.

I have a hardline stance - If you're manipulating the queues, you're an rear end in a top hat. Either queue regularly or don't queue at all.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Mordiceius posted:

I have a hardline stance - If you're manipulating the queues, you're an rear end in a top hat. Either queue regularly or don't queue at all.

It may be a hardline stance but it's also the correct stance.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

"I want the rewards, but I find this content hard/I don't like it, so I'm going to abuse the system to still get the rewards. I don't care if this makes the experience worse for other people."

The 24man raids aren't hard. Or even if someone does find them hard, they don't require you to actually be good at them. You can die at all the bosses 20 times each and your raid will still make it through.

This game is a multiplayer game. A lot of the systems require you to engage with other people.

Yup

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Extremely baffled at people at the start of this convo saying that it's entitled to expect people NOT to rig lol.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I would feel a little pathetic trying to game a multiplayer system like that, but that's just me...

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Speaking of 24 man's, shout out to my adr Orbonne group last night that was so on fire that we killed the last boss before the maze, something I never seen since I started playing.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Eimi posted:

BLM was my old main in ARR, Enochian straight up made the class worse to me. It was a really chill caster where you just reacted to procs and now you have to fight the fiddle loving timer and juggle spells and when you gently caress up it feels awful. It's insanely stressful to me and lost all of the things I liked from it.
You don't hate Enochian, you hate Fire IV. Even before it became a trait, there's even a small level range where you have Enochian but no Fire IV and BLM plays exactly like the 50 version but with a longer fire phase.

This sounds like a nitpick and it is but I demand precision in arguments damnit!!!! (Also the responses you get would probably more directly address what you dislike if you said it this way)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I hate PVP in MMOs. I find small-group PVP incredibly frustrating. Large-group PVP turns me into a rage beast.

Could I queue for PVP roulette and just do absolutely nothing and still get the rewards? Sure. But I hate PVP, so you know what I do? I never queue at all.

Just because there are a ton of different roulettes available doesn't mean you have to do them or or that you deserve to the rewards of them all.

Do the content you enjoy. Don't do the content you hate.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Detheros posted:

Speaking of 24 man's, shout out to my adr Orbonne group last night that was so on fire that we killed the last boss before the maze, something I never seen since I started playing.

This is the world we could all live in if people just pressed their buttons

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Extremely baffled at people at the start of this convo saying that it's entitled to expect people NOT to rig lol.

Feeling pretty uncomfy that I got votekicked for being afk during an entire MSQ roulette

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Draxion posted:

Seriously, that raid FLEW by. Felt like a Delbrum Reginae speedrun.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I did not know it was possible to skip the maze, honestly. I figured that was a mandatory phase swap.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Xalidur posted:

I once queued for Alliance and got into a Nier raid (Bunker) and then left immediately. I would have done anything else. I'm sorry, they just have so much HP and I wanted something quick. I'd like them perfectly fine if bosses died about two minutes faster than they do.

I usually just suck it up, but one time I didn't, and I had to get it off my chest.

This, at least, seems perfectly reasonable to me. If the gamble you're willing to make is "something easy or take the 30 minute penalty" then it's really not hurting anyone but yourself, so go for it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I queue for every roulette except Main Scenario. Even without lowering my ilevel I get Crystal Tower more than anything else. Sure maybe someone else could find that boring but I'm The Patient Gamer so I'll put up with just about anything.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

I hate PVP in MMOs. I find small-group PVP incredibly frustrating. Large-group PVP turns me into a rage beast.

Could I queue for PVP roulette and just do absolutely nothing and still get the rewards? Sure. But I hate PVP, so you know what I do? I never queue at all.

Just because there are a ton of different roulettes available doesn't mean you have to do them or or that you deserve to the rewards of them all.

Do the content you enjoy. Don't do the content you hate.

To be honest, I used to feel the same way about PvP but Frontlines is so low stakes that I've come to just not be bothered by it. And once in a while I even get to get like I'm a badass, even if my team still didn't win!

Plus it's a big pile of xp no matter what the outcome is, and I long ago gave up any dreams of obtaining the "win X times" gear/mounts that can turn it into a frustrating grind.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Labyrinth - Boring
Syrcus - Boring but nice music
WoD - Pretty cool

Void Ark - Boring and ugly
Weeping City - Ozma owns, rest is alright
Dun Scaith - Dope

Rabanastre - Dope
Ridorana - Dope
Orbonne - Super dope

Copied Factory - Boring, Engels fight dragged on even with max ilvl
Puppy Bunkbed - Dope
Tower - Dope

These are my objectively correct opinions

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Mind over Matter posted:

I did not know it was possible to skip the maze, honestly. I figured that was a mandatory phase swap.

I was seriously expecting for damage to stop at .1% but nope, she just fuckin died.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Alxprit posted:

I queue for every roulette except Main Scenario. Even without lowering my ilevel I get Crystal Tower more than anything else. Sure maybe someone else could find that boring but I'm The Patient Gamer so I'll put up with just about anything.

LLDR, Alliance, and Frontlines are for leveling.
EXDR, 5678, Trials, and Raids are for tomestone farming.
MSQDR, Guildhest, and Mentor are for suckers.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Augus posted:

Puppy Bunkbed

I assumed I was the only person who called it this :v:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Thundarr posted:

LLDR, Alliance, and Frontlines are for leveling.
EXDR, 5678, Trials, and Raids are for tomestone farming.
MSQDR, Guildhest, and Mentor are for suckers.

MSQDR is the highest XP to time activity in the game tho??

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Arist posted:

I assumed I was the only person who called it this :v:

poppler blinker

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Ibram Gaunt posted:

MSQDR is the highest XP to time activity in the game tho??

It's also the most boring, and that's my only criteria.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Truth Quark posted:

Its not even that the mechanics are hard, I just don't want to have to teach half the raid how to do Dun Scaithe again for the fortieth time just to level an alt job. Its not worth my time. Either they increase the rewards from more difficult alliance raids to make it worth the effort of teaching (I don't do mentor roulette for a reason), or I'm gonna force CT over and over again.
you dont have to teach anyone anything lol

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I will say Guildhest Roulette is hype for getting past the 10-15 level hump :)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

doing three guildhests for that challenge log entry doesn't seem like a bad XP return on the 10 minutes or so it takes

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Endorph posted:

you dont have to teach anyone anything lol

Yeah. Raid wipes once on Deathgaze, 8 people spend most of the last fight on the floor, but you still clear. That's been every Dun Scaith I've ever run.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Ilvl manipulation sucks because in a week I have gotten 12 Labyrinth of the Ancients Alliance Raids on Riulette and literally nothing else.

I want to do other raids, Labyrinth of the Ancients is easily the most boring content you can roulette into besides like, super low levelling dungeons and there’s an option to avoid super low levelling dungeons.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Easiest way to not get lota in your adr? Have it in your catbook :v:

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I in-progressed into a Dun Scaith that had apparently hit enrage on Deathgaze yesterday, and then everything just melted without any wipes. I guess through combination of people that didn't want to do any effort having left, and the remainder having "oh yeah the knockback and ice blocks" awoken in their brains during the first attempt.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

my favorite moment was queuing into lota roulette and seeing someone spawn in naked and immediately reequip all their gear like, buddy you can do that as soon as you hit register

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Detheros posted:

Easiest way to not get lota in your adr? Have it in your catbook :v:

Ain't that the truth.

Also weird: I got Susano three times in a row in Trials roulette dailies last week. Not sure what was going on there, but at least I got to hang with partydad.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, in my experience a lot of people just straight-up forget about the Deathgaze Hollow ice block push.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

It's this. Cythereal, Truth Quark, you're both pieces of poo poo.

Like I've never interacted with either of you as far I know, but I'm confident based on your willingness to poo poo up things for other people for such small gain that you loving suck. You both some "piss all over a public toilet seat and not clean it up, dump your cart in the parking bay" motherfuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Draxion posted:

I would love it if tanks understood that half of all of my buttons go on cooldown every time they pull half of the dungeon :eng99:

No gas in the tank? Look at where you used it, and you're running at the boss with a third of your health.