Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I fully agree. I feel this whole WLM month is a ploy to avoid watching horrible Christmas movies. And considering the multitude out there, it seems like it’d be a bad idea for a bad movie podcast to remove Christmas from the equation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zore posted:

Yeah, there are some all-timer WLM.

I still maintain though that since they did they switch to WLM for Patreon and enshrined December as WLM month on the main feed we should get a special December WHM on the Patreon instead of just a normal episode :colbert: Pick a real horrendous Christmas movie and just go wild, you have like 100 years worth of untapped potential there.

:same:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The only WLM that I thought was a bit boring (the episode, not the movie) was Citizen Kane. They had a harder time mining that one for jokes, and just couldn't stop talking about how good the movie is (it is). But other than that, they always manage to mine gold. The Goodfellas episode was great, I thought.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Zore posted:

I still maintain though that since they did they switch to WLM for Patreon and enshrined December as WLM month on the main feed we should get a special December WHM on the Patreon instead of just a normal episode :colbert: Pick a real horrendous Christmas movie and just go wild, you have like 100 years worth of untapped potential there.

:emptyquote:

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
40 minutes in and they haven't gotten to Kevin being left home yet but there has been a Society, 120 Days of Sallo and an In Cold Blood reference

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Home Alone ep is great

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
The pizza boy voice had me stifling my laughter in the office.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
BONESAW IS HUNGRYYYYYYYY

Jesus Christ, I died every time Bonesaw was mentioned.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Zurtilik posted:

The pizza boy voice had me stifling my laughter in the office.

lovely Larry had me giggling

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

BONESAW IS HUNGRYYYYYYYY

Jesus Christ, I died every time Bonesaw was mentioned.

Uncle Bonesaw

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Poor lovely Larry.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Say what you will about WLM episodes, but Home Alone is a great one!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I lost it at Sausage Claus burrowing back underneath Soldier Field until next year

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Sausage Clause talking to the Djinn was amazing.

Definitely going to start giving people sausage on 12/26

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1473364486551740417

No beard made of sausages, though.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

You can't slip a fast one past me, that's just Eric Szyszka with a shave and a hat :colbert:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm surprised The Matrix wasn't this week, but I guess they wanted to mix it up and not do two action movies back to back. Home Alone is definitely a must listen though.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I hope they chose M4trix as Worst of 2021 next year.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Jiro posted:

Why would they choose an extremely good movie as the worst of 2021

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Piell posted:

Why would they choose an extremely good movie as the worst of 2021

They wouldn’t. Which is why they should do Matrix Ressurection.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
As much as the new Home Alone came up this week I wouldn't mind an episode on that, but I doubt that's happening.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

enigmahfc posted:

They wouldn’t. Which is why they should do Matrix Ressurection.

:hmmyes:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Sausage is a staple on any traditional Julbord in Sweden. You telling me you don’t eat sausage at Christmas?

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012
Have we talked about how this guy is getting the credit for Taken's U2 plot 'expose'. I feel like everything he says is straight from the Taken WHM episode.
https://digg.com/2021/someone-realized-the-plot-of-taken-made-no-sense-and-decided-to-take-matters-into-his-own-hands
https://twitter.com/joshweller/status/1473353167832289287?s=20

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

Sausage is a staple on any traditional Julbord in Sweden. You telling me you don’t eat sausage at Christmas?

Only if I'm grilling some mesquite smoked beef sausage, maybe jalapeno infused flavors. Judging by the weather the last few days gonna be 80 degree Christmas. That means chillin and grillin in shorts and sandals making fajitas and some ribeyes. :dukedog:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1474126415121502210

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I've said it before, I'll say it again. The McAllister's deserve to get robbed.

Also, I really REALLY loved the tiny breaded shrimp at buffets. And Long John Silver's shrimp and ceviche shrimp or cocktail were something to look forward to.
Then I developed an allergy to shrimp and lobster as I got older...

Also, also, you don't need an open cut for aftershave to burn. Kevin could've easily gotten a minor case of razor burn and thatll sting too if you splash aftershave on there.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 24, 2021

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Old rear end aftershave was mostly alcohol and cologne anyway, on the skin of a young kid that poo poo is gonna feel........probably not great.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Old Spice Classic could eat through aluminum like xenomorph blood, recreating that scene as a Home Alone-obsessed grade schooler really gave me an appreciation for how the villains felt at the end of Raiders

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Haven’t listened to the episode yet but watched Home Alone on TV while my partner was getting ready and despite the nail foot being the most brutal trap, Joe Pesci definitely takes more lethal damage. Kevin is Jigsaw.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

weekly font posted:

Haven’t listened to the episode yet but watched Home Alone on TV while my partner was getting ready and despite the nail foot being the most brutal trap, Joe Pesci definitely takes more lethal damage. Kevin is Jigsaw.
Saw this the day after I listened to the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgd_V5WqLjg

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Rageaholic posted:

Saw this the day after I listened to the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgd_V5WqLjg

I saw this one, and it's good. But I like the style of this one better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WKgNyvsNDM

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I also just connected Kevin talking in the bathroom scene to the American Psycho intro as well. Didn't this movie come out before the book?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

DoombatINC posted:

Old Spice Classic could eat through aluminum like xenomorph blood, recreating that scene as a Home Alone-obsessed grade schooler really gave me an appreciation for how the villains felt at the end of Raiders

I grew up in farming country and everyone I knew had a bottle of this stuff in their home for muscle aches.

I think just burning you skin with fire would be more enjoyable.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jiro posted:

Andrew and Eric both gave it 4 stars on Letterboxd so don't expect that.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I did have to “it’s ok to live a movie” myself last night, because I saw Eric say on twitter they recorded an ep for Free Guy for January and I enjoyed it no matter how stupid it is.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/brendanjjg/status/1474166554715643906?s=21

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

You won't survive...the sausage claus

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Cael posted:

I did have to “it’s ok to live a movie” myself last night, because I saw Eric say on twitter they recorded an ep for Free Guy for January and I enjoyed it no matter how stupid it is.

It was totally fine and inoffensive. It had some nice moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Prayers up:

https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1474564307446910979