Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Poops Mcgoots posted:

It very quickly becomes obvious as satire, but it's also weird imo to post the second tweet in a thread and nothing else.

The Twitter embedding script shows you the first tweet too so you can just be lazy and just post that. It shows the two tweets that are most likely to have people screaming at their computer screens before working out it is a joke. To me at least, it seems that posting those two tweets was going to cause the desired reaction from the reader.

Judging from the fact that multiple people have had to mention that they worked out it was satire after the rage meter went up I'd say it had the desired outcome. A bunch of people had a laugh and then got to feel relieved. This is part of why I think this is one of my favourite tweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

raminasi posted:

It's believable as genuine because NFT people have spent the past few months inventing incredible new ways to be breathtakingly stupid. "NFTs would have saved Theranos" is absolutely the kind of thing one of them would earnestly say.

Yeah if you immediately knew it wasn't real without a shadow of doubt you haven't spent enough time in the crypto thread. It's absolutely believable as something some of these idiots would say with a straight face.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if someone spends so much time gawking at horrors that everything looks like a car accident then i think the burden of recalibrating one's expectations rests on that individual

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I’ve had so many people in respiratory failure come in struggling to breath at all and still not taking it seriously. Lots of anti-vaxxers. Usually want an antibiotic (for a virus, mind) and to be sent back home but they are really coming in too late and they go to the hospital, get vented, and maybe make it a couple of days. People I’ve seen this week are going to be dying on Christmas Day because they didn’t take it seriously and also refused to get vaccinated. Some of them were proud of that refusal, lost jobs over it, etc.

On the other hand, covid killed the worst person I’ve ever met. He was a disgraced doctor who lost his license and then conveniently after being barred from practicing real medicine decided modern medicine was actually all a sham anyway and people should take the snake oil he recommended and drink blood and whatever other weird poo poo he made up. This is a man who would find out names of children with horrible cancers and go to the desperate families to bilk them out of thousands of dollars on “treatments” and convince them to stop chemo and radiation etc to spend their money on him instead, and then move on to the next after the kid died. Thank goodness he was killed by his own anti-vaccine dumbassery.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

freeedr posted:

On the other hand, covid killed the worst person I’ve ever met. He was a disgraced doctor who lost his license and then conveniently after being barred from practicing real medicine decided modern medicine was actually all a sham anyway and people should take the snake oil he recommended and drink blood and whatever other weird poo poo he made up. This is a man who would find out names of children with horrible cancers and go to the desperate families to bilk them out of thousands of dollars on “treatments” and convince them to stop chemo and radiation etc to spend their money on him instead, and then move on to the next after the kid died. Thank goodness he was killed by his own anti-vaccine dumbassery.
Without irony, this really improved my day, thank you! :)

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Without irony, this really improved my day, thank you! :)

Yeah thats good poo poo.

The rest of it, eh even if they are antivaxxers a part of me feels sorry. A small part, but a part nonetheless.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

if someone spends so much time gawking at horrors that everything looks like a car accident then i think the burden of recalibrating one's expectations rests on that individual

i believe that's known as the abyss gazing into you

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
https://twitter.com/BillyBrew/status/1473121261496717312

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cocaine Bear posted:

Yeah but that time it was parody

Almost noe one knows the difference between satire, parody or irony.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Skwirl posted:

Almost noe one knows the difference between satire, parody or irony.

That's pretty ironic.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

What about farce

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Mr. Lobe posted:

What about farce

isn't that just a kind of loose meat?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Mr. Lobe posted:

What about farce

Gotta do tragedy first

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/cryptoterra/status/1473740601468325889?s=21

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Like, that’s a brand new spine. WTF is there to be “adjusted”?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Murray the solitaire goblin is making me laugh

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

McCracAttack posted:

Like, that’s a brand new spine. WTF is there to be “adjusted”?
Autism.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Quackpack

Robert J. Omb
Dec 1, 2005
The 'J' stands for 'AAARRGH!'

Large Testicles posted:

isn't that just a kind of loose meat?

It’s a loose fart.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It probably isn’t too hard to convince some parents that spine problems are why your newborn is crying so much and they can work it out with an adjustment.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I know I'm just normal child-free and not R/ChildFree because seeing videos of chiropractors "adjusting" baby spines genuinely makes me sick to my stomach.

https://twitter.com/JonPlester/status/1473647750612934656

https://twitter.com/KIRAMCLOME/status/1473413139081281538

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Read After Burning posted:

I know I'm just normal child-free and not R/ChildFree because seeing videos of chiropractors "adjusting" baby spines genuinely makes me sick to my stomach.

https://twitter.com/KIRAMCLOME/status/1473413139081281538

I've seen a LOT of really weird 2 sentence horror tweets, did they piss off someone and is this a group trolling effort or does that subreddit just suck poo poo?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

A lot of people are trying to be featured on Bad Two Sentence Horror.

Unrelated:

https://twitter.com/KidsWriteJokes/status/1473745607273721861

https://twitter.com/behindyourback/status/1473660238016520192

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/sahibcantsingh/status/1466596027754897408?s=20

A Moose posted:

I've seen a LOT of really weird 2 sentence horror tweets, did they piss off someone and is this a group trolling effort or does that subreddit just suck poo poo?

Couldn't tell ya, never been there. :shrug: I think the algorithm just fed me this one because I'm always poking around on LGBT+ Twitter.

:same:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Atticus_1354 posted:

I do in fact read an entire article before getting mad about it. I find it helps to understand what's going on.

I'm not mad. Please don't put that I was mad.

But for serious, all I did was read the tweets posted ITT, took them at face value, go "yeah, ok, not really interested in clicking on that" and moved on. Dunno why you've fixated on me specifically, and not the other people who also took them at face value...

It did remind me of accounts that pretend to be rightwing nut jobs, and when people argue with them they RT them as a "haha! I successfully tricked this person into thinking I was actually a rightwing nut job!". Which I've fell for before, and which I don't really get. Especially since this was when Trump was in power, and satire was practically meaningless because him and his supporters would routinely put out stuff even more over-the-top than people parodying them.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/cstross/status/1473695168293392391?s=21

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
They're missing out on the best suffix, zoology

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

"the Super Dog" is also acceptable.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

D-Pad posted:

Yeah if you immediately knew it wasn't real without a shadow of doubt you haven't spent enough time in the crypto thread. It's absolutely believable as something some of these idiots would say with a straight face.

I knew it wasn’t real because nobody who was associated with Theranos is saying poo poo while the CEO’s trial is underway.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

My partner and I were in downtown San Jose for an anniversary weekend back in September. We were having lunch while waiting for the hotel room to be ready, and just so happened to be really close to the courthouse. We figure we may as well swing by to kill time on the way back to the hotel, so we walked into the courthouse's outdoor hallway (whatever those are called), fully intending to pause, go "Huh, cool, this is where the Theranos trial is being held, plus other wild poo poo, no doubt. Anyway, back to the hotel!" and then head back to go swim.

It was if someone had timed it. We scooched into a corner against a pillar so I could check the time/if the hotel had called me before heading back (so like thirty seconds or less), and suddenly we hear a crowd buzzing and see a group of about four people coming out of the front doors being surrounded by media folks...it was Elizabeth Holmes, her mom, and presumably two attorneys. They passed by us about six feet away or so, and headed off somewhere. It was surreal! I don't know if the trial that day ran long or got out early (it was a few minutes before 2:30 PM, so kind of an odd time), but it was the closest I've ever been to a famous/infamous person and just the weirdest timing.

Clearly being around such a powerful #GirlBoss aura was the best anniversary gift anyone could ever give me. :allears: :colbert: I made eye contact with her mom, which is basically the same as her adopting me.

Here's a tweet for attending my TEDtalk.

https://mobile.twitter.com/maryellen/status/1473073220404359170

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 04:35 on Dec 23, 2021

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

A Moose posted:

Most of the horror and writing subreddits are inhabited by children who have a pretty loose grasp on what makes things good or even coherent so when you combine the two interests you get a lot of dumpster fire content. R/writingprompts is another subreddit where none of the posters seem to know what the purpose of the sub is because none of the posts are ever anything close to a writing prompt.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
https://twitter.com/ScottySacam97/status/1473722390324596750

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

This is the best account on Twitter

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

https://twitter.com/KikiDoodleTweet/status/1473759566743490560

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

freeedr posted:

Please tell me his last living moments was with the nurses and doctors pointing and laughing at him.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

A Moose posted:

All subreddits suck poo poo. Hth.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Frank Frank posted:

All subreddits suck poo poo. Hth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Hyperlynx posted:

I'm not mad. Please don't put that I was mad.

It's cool man. We can still be friends. You want to hear a knock knock joke?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Pretty sure this is the same guy some kid on TikTok called out. Basically he's trying to become a Shaun King style scammer/ ostensibly left wing talking head. The TikToker said Hinkle once organized a protest after the cops killed a homeless man, but the day of he only stayed long enough to be photographed and hosed off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/Uuwuovo/status/1473789090579423235