Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ5RGhRs0a8

Shions of Qud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
people always mentioned the pro-trans bit of dirty pair, but nobody mentioned that the pro-trans ep is also just one of the best single eps of anime from that time in general and an absolute blast to watch. godlike show

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

The Colonel posted:

people always mentioned the pro-trans bit of dirty pair, but nobody mentioned that the pro-trans ep is also just one of the best single eps of anime from that time in general and an absolute blast to watch. godlike show

hamburgers are an important part of our anime

tbh all i remember about the episode is that line, kei and yuri talking about how 10% of people are trans in the future, and the lovely dad getting shot into space, but on that basis i can say that it is good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it ends with the trans woman getting shot into space, so her boyfriend chooses to shoot himself into space so he can be with her when she lands in 50 years, and his dad choosing to launch himself into space because he can't live without his son, and then his mistress choosing to shoot herself into space because she can't live without him, and then kei and yuri are like "well, if they repeat all this they'll just have to rely on the dirty grannies to help them." which is both an insanely funny and legitimately sweet note to end on

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
That sounds insane. Like, good insane obviously, but still. Is the entirety of Dirty Pair like that?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dirty Pair is generally a pretty wild anime, it's great.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Only seen Project Eden(and some other film/oav(?) kuvo streamed once) which was rad all on its own. OP is top class.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I don't know where to ask this. But does anyone know why Hazbin Hotel ditched the entire original voice cast?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

has been motel

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Feliday Melody posted:

I don't know where to ask this. But does anyone know why Hazbin Hotel ditched the entire original voice cast?

90% chance the original cast disappeared after death threats from tumblr

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Plutonis posted:

90% chance the original cast disappeared after death threats from tumblr

A bunch of them are on social media expressing sadness and surprise that they weren't asked to return.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My best guess is that A24 probably insisted on union actors. Why the current actors couldn't just join the union, I don't know.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Waffleman_ posted:

My best guess is that A24 probably insisted on union actors. Why the current actors couldn't just join the union, I don't know.

I think some of them were just random youtubers etc. If the reason is union actors, then I'm fine with that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

feel like you could probably tell people theyre being replaced

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Probably comes down to money, like always. Fail.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
it's kinda wild to me how much better nijisanji is at putting on lives and poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZW29972DN8

it's not even close to their companies focus but they still put hololive to shame in terms of actual neat live concepts

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

idk did you watch aquairo super dream

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So heard that Jololion is either ending or almost done now. What would people want the next part to be about? I'm torn between future sci-fi setting or the new JoJo is a dog and it's a horror story of being a dog in the JoJo universe and trying to survive even a week without some villain trying to turn you inside out to tell the audience that they're evil.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

why not visit the jojo thread

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RareAcumen posted:

So heard that Jololion is either ending or almost done now. What would people want the next part to be about? I'm torn between future sci-fi setting or the new JoJo is a dog and it's a horror story of being a dog in the JoJo universe and trying to survive even a week without some villain trying to turn you inside out to tell the audience that they're evil.

It finished a few months ago yeah. Give me a jojo that feels distinctly un-jojo.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

homeless snail posted:

idk did you watch aquairo super dream

yes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want jojo to be over

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

I want jojo to be over

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Is the JoJo manga or whatever the original source the anime’s based on still going?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's what we've been talking about. The most recent part just ended and the ninth part is expected to begin sometime next year.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

That's what we've been talking about. The most recent part just ended and the ninth part is expected to begin sometime next year.

Ah ok, so why is the anime only on Part 6 then? Do new seasons just release sporadically or something (I’ve never actually seen JoJo to be honest)?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anime takes time to produce and JoJo didn't have an anime series proper until 2012

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The manga started in 1987. The anime didn't start until 2012, and has only aired seasonally every few years from there.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Arist posted:

The manga started in 1987. The anime didn't start until 2012, and has only aired seasonally every few years from there.

Ah, makes sense then

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

larryb do you literally ever take the time to google your questions instead of asking your 60th white noise question that's bonkers with how insanely easy it would be for you to find the answer to.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The same could be said of literally anyone that asks an anime (or media in general) related question here. Nevermind then

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 23, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there comes a moment in every viggynash's life when

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

no, it couldn't, because usually if someone asks a question it's because it's part of a conversation and not a "receive answer" function that you use this for instead of just. participating in conversation normally instead of asking a question like "is jojo a manga"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Aurora posted:

no, it couldn't, because usually if someone asks a question it's because it's part of a conversation and not a "receive answer" function that you use this for instead of just. participating in conversation normally instead of asking a question like "is jojo a manga"

Yes, because I know nothing about the series aside from cultural osmosis and was just curious (also the question was already answered by other posters without them being assholes about it so I’m not sure why you care so much). Plus the series itself just never appealed to me so I haven’t really paid much attention to a lot regarding it.

Also this is a general chat thread, people don’t necessarily have to follow along with whatever conversation is going on currently (and in this case we were talking about JoJo so I’d say it was relevant, though I admit missing the part about the latest part of the manga ending was on me).

Anyway as I said, the question has been answered so I think we’re done here.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 23, 2021

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Started watching Leviathan. Very unimpressive show, but fun.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Probably comes down to money, like always. Fail.

gently caress society

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i stand with aurora

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tbh the inane questions is more interesting than random vtuber update #2951

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

10 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Strange Quark posted:

Tbh the inane questions is more interesting than random vtuber update #2951

this tbh