Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
https://twitter.com/AsteadWesley/status/1473756427210702852

I guess it's not exactly accurate, but man do I love this guy's tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Here's an interesting dashboard.

You can look up your county/state and see how close you are to hitting a circuit-breaker level based on hospital capacity vs new cases.

https://alexanderjxchen.github.io/circuitbreaker/

quote:

“[Circuit breakers] are short-term restrictions on high-risk activities, meant to disrupt and slow down the transmission of the virus. That, in turn, would allow hospitals to continue taking care of not only COVID patients, but people with other acute conditions….”

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Louisgod posted:

what did she think the image implied? I mean the truth loving hurts so was she upset to be reminded of it?

She assumed I was being snarky by posting it, since it implies that people eating indoors are idiots and she thought I was calling her an idiot. I was, and anyone else eating indoors. She regularly eats indoors alone or with friends, sometimes up to three times a week. Her favorite pandemic activity is to go to breakfast at IHOP with her friends. It would be a self-own if she didn't live with other family members and subjects them to this danger too.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Rick posted:

I dedicate this post to all you people dealing with significant others who are at risk but you don’t want to get sick. Your boy gets this message that you aren’t coming back. He’s sitting back in his room, the lights are off and he’s crying. And then this post comes in. Pow! In the middle of the night. And this is what I told him for you:

Every time I quarantine
Boy you turn around and cry
I ask myself why oh why
See you must understand
That I don’t want to die
So I’ll be gone
Till November (2024)

you too close man

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
https://twitter.com/blondemedSJW/status/1473321306791849991?t=Vim2Wtv0uEHNgRPTXKsANQ&s=19

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Maybe China can start working on a novel coronavirus that’s more mild

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

euphronius posted:

I say OOO- mike - Ron

tho oh-MIC-Ron is better

I spell it out so that the Fates don't know what I'm talking about

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

:rubby:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Golli posted:

Here's an interesting dashboard.

You can look up your county/state and see how close you are to hitting a circuit-breaker level based on hospital capacity vs new cases.

https://alexanderjxchen.github.io/circuitbreaker/

New York City's 52 daily cases away from hitting a breaker and 60 daily cases away from being at capacity

gently caress

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

slave to my cravings posted:

Maybe China can start working on a novel coronavirus that’s more mild

Maybe Biden can hire Don Draper to effectively market the current version.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

McNugget Buddy posted:

New York City's 52 daily cases away from hitting a breaker and 60 daily cases away from being at capacity

gently caress

oh phew so they don't have to do anything, that was a close one

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stereotype posted:

oh phew so they don't have to do anything, that was a close one

lol I think it's outdated - it says the threshold for a breaker is 2300 daily cases - right now New York City is averaging like 11,000

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

McNugget Buddy posted:

gently caress

its not even a daily case anymore, thats gg today

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

PITY BONER posted:

She assumed I was being snarky by posting it, since it implies that people eating indoors are idiots and she thought I was calling her an idiot. I was, and anyone else eating indoors. She regularly eats indoors alone or with friends, sometimes up to three times a week. Her favorite pandemic activity is to go to breakfast at IHOP with her friends. It would be a self-own if she didn't live with other family members and subjects them to this danger too.

sounds like it’s a huge part of her personality/identity so makes sense why she reacted that way. it’s sad people have built their identity around stupid poo poo like eating out.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Golli posted:

Maybe Biden can hire Don Draper to effectively market the current version.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

McNugget Buddy posted:

gently caress

the 52 and 60 are the number of counties that are at a breaker and capacity respectively.

Your county's data is in the data block up top.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
people are swarming the ERs in VT after they pop positive on an antigen test because it's the only way to get a pcr in the state right now

this is having predictable effects on the ER operations

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

https://www.businessinsider.com/ben-garrison-pro-trump-anti-vaxx-cartoonist-has-covid-19-2021-9?utm_source=reddit.com

edit: from Sep 28, 2021

3hands fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 23, 2021

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
Lmfao we just ordered pizza for my brothers going away party (it’s only us in the same household and we all live together anyway so it’s not so much a party as it is just a farewell) and I’ve been sitting here worrying about COVID and the delivery guy comes to the door and I step out to pay and he’s just like

“drat mask. Can’t see anything when I’ve got my glasses on” and takes it off right there in front of me

Lmao

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Golli posted:

the 52 and 60 are the number of counties that are at a breaker and capacity respectively.

lmao

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Golli posted:

lol

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

kazmeyer posted:

Only if you forget her instrumental role in getting our current zombie-in-chief through the primaries I guess.

Frankly I think it was more useful idiocy on her part than any kind of conspiracy. If it was conspiracy, it's hard to tell what she got out of it.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

コロナウイルスは終わりますよ。

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

"What if, you could have a coronavirus... that was... more mild?"

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

And together we're gonna run around, COVID, we're gonna... do all kinds of wonderful things, COVID. Just you and me, COVID. The outside world is our enemy, COVID... we're the only.... friends we've got, COVID! It's just HIV and COVID. HIV and COVID and their adventures, COVID.. HIV AND COVID FOREVER AND FOREVER A HUNDRED YEARS HIV and COVID .. some...things.. Me and HIV and COVID runnin' around and... HIV and COVID time... a- all day long forever.. all a - a hundred days HIV and COVID! forever a hundred times.... OVER and over HIV and COVID... adventures dot com.. W W W dot at HIV and COVID dot com w..w..w... HIV and COVID adventures.. ah- hundred years..... every minute HIV and COVID dot com.... w w w a hundred times... HIV and COVID dot com......."

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Lacrosse posted:

Hey I thought it was only people in King County WA all getting food poisoning and afaik you're not from here

:thunk:

it’s probably happening everywhere. whole lotta frozen food claims. I just only see ones here.

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
what are we gonna do when there are no more healthcare workers

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mr. Lobe posted:

Frankly I think it was more useful idiocy on her part than any kind of conspiracy. If it was conspiracy, it's hard to tell what she got out of it.

are you saying that a bunch of rich white people didn't hold up their part of the bargain?? i wonder if there is any historical corollary, maybe even involving some of her ancestors

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Doctor posted:

Lmfao we just ordered pizza for my brothers going away party (it’s only us in the same household and we all live together anyway so it’s not so much a party as it is just a farewell) and I’ve been sitting here worrying about COVID and the delivery guy comes to the door and I step out to pay and he’s just like

“drat mask. Can’t see anything when I’ve got my glasses on” and takes it off right there in front of me

Lmao

Owned

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

Shifty Pony posted:

I would like to get off Mr. Biden's Mild Ride.

Shifty Pony posted:

Shifty Pony posted:

Shifty Pony posted:

Shifty Pony posted:

Shifty Pony posted:

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
this could be us but u playing

https://twitter.com/HoekstraTweets/status/1473384676131811340

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Been thinking a lot about this tweet

https://twitter.com/taylorgarron/status/1267464151070380034?lang=bg

and the Venn Diagram of people who shared it and people who won't stop going out to eat during a pandemic.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

"What if, you could have a coronavirus... that was... more mild?"

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Joementum posted:

people are swarming the ERs in VT after they pop positive on an antigen test because it's the only way to get a pcr in the state right now

this is having predictable effects on the ER operations

Look on the bright side, some people in Vermont are at least smart enough to know that an antigen test means you need a PCR to confirm it. More than I can say for most people I know!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Stereotype posted:

are you saying that a bunch of rich white people didn't hold up their part of the bargain?? i wonder if there is any historical corollary, maybe even involving some of her ancestors

Somehow I suspect that 1/64th blood quantum is within the margin of error op, not sure she has any ancestors but Europeans and their precursors

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Pass the Moderna

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

:vince:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Better things aren't possible

Goobish
May 31, 2011

I'm actually impressed so many people are trying to test, any way of actually knowing our testing capacity lol?.??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

My sleepy eyes read this thread title as Mr Bean's Mild Ride at first. Then I read it properly and was sure it meant Biden popped positive. Twice disappointed.