Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

oh hey I didn't realise MATRIX RESURRECTIONS was getting a simultaneous streaming release as when it hits theatres, radarr just notified me it's available now on """HBO Max"""

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

oh hey I didn't realise MATRIX RESURRECTIONS was getting a simultaneous streaming release as when it hits theatres, radarr just notified me it's available now on """HBO Max"""

oh poo poo me neither. I’m there dude

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Also noted the same as a lot of classics, the opening credits where it's l-o-n-g minutes of just the title and some production names, audiences would be choking on their popcorn these days.

did the usual IMDb trivia check once the film finished, and lmao at trying to fit some of these faces into Costner's role

by "considered" they mean every single person some idiot executive shouted out during a "no wrong answers" brainstorming session.

arnie and sly were apparently "considered" for literally every movie made between 1985-1995

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
matrix res erections

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sweevo posted:

by "considered" they mean every single person some idiot executive shouted out during a "no wrong answers" brainstorming session.

arnie and sly were apparently "considered" for literally every movie made between 1985-1995

i like that arnie pretended to consider stop or my mom will shoot to get sly to take it lmao

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1140459754843541504

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:psyboom:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
catching up with previously unseen stuff, Vanilla Sky and From Hell were pretty good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
I started reading the new Expanse and it's a fun coincidence that it references the Le Guin short I just finished reading

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m almost done with Left Hand of Darkness. it was kinda hard to get into but is proving a rewarding read

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

catching up with previously unseen stuff, Vanilla Sky and From Hell were pretty good

from hell is decent, doesn't really capture the alan-moore-ishness of the source material but it would be 11 hours long if it did

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/2Hsri5l.mp4

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
a fun movie more people should see is Straight To Hell starring Dick Rude, Joe Strummer, Elvis Costello, Zander Schloss and all of the Pogues.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
m4trix is pretty meh. the meta narrative is that they needed to come up with something new and good for a sequel that the suits wanted, but in the end its mostly a less good version of the original.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
supposedly the studio went to the wachowskis and said "we want to make another matrix movie, are you interested?" and they said "no, that story is over" and the studio said "well we are going to make another one with or without you, this is our contractual obligation to offer you first refusal" and lana said "ugh, fine, ill do it"

cant wait to sit down and watch a movie grudgingly made by a creator under duress!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

and all of the Pogues.

whoa i hadnt thought of shane macgowan in years

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

Silver Alicorn posted:

I’m almost done with Left Hand of Darkness. it was kinda hard to get into but is proving a rewarding read

the dispossessed changed my life

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
just started The Marrix Carrie Ann Moss is still a hottie

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

FMguru posted:

supposedly the studio went to the wachowskis and said "we want to make another matrix movie, are you interested?" and they said "no, that story is over" and the studio said "well we are going to make another one with or without you, this is our contractual obligation to offer you first refusal" and lana said "ugh, fine, ill do it"

cant wait to sit down and watch a movie grudgingly made by a creator under duress!

2/3rds of the original matrix trilogy were unwatchable dogshit, so my hopes for #4 are not high

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

ultravoices posted:

the dispossessed changed my life

I liked it a lot. would rather live on anarres than urras

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Sweevo posted:

2/3rds of the original matrix trilogy were unwatchable dogshit, so my hopes for #4 are not high

matrix 2 wasnt great but the freeway chase scene alone was worth the price of admission

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
matrix 4: B-. not really up to the task of its ambition but a solid effort, the new cast are all good, action scenes are decent, NPH was surprisingly good as the villain, sets and costumes were kinda all over the place and lacked the unifying dual aesthetic of the original (or even the sequels) but it’s still a decent looking movie. kind of disappointed the albino twins didn’t come back. Lana clearly had a lot of fun writing the game devs’ dialogue. it’s a shame Hugo Weaving’s schedule didn’t work out cause that would have been a really great addition. the post credits scene got a legit lol out of me. probably could have cut 10 minutes without missing much but that’s just how they make movies now

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

drat, started SEEDING OF A GHOST which is meant to be a top-end CatIII horror, it's twenty minutes in and gently caress-all has happened besides a bunch of soft-focus softcore tit action, maybe I've just been spoiled by action straight-out-the-gate.

Also the subs are shite, maybe every third line gets a translation.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

drat, started SEEDING OF A GHOST which is meant to be a top-end CatIII horror, it's twenty minutes in and gently caress-all has happened besides a bunch of soft-focus softcore tit action, maybe I've just been spoiled by action straight-out-the-gate.

Also the subs are shite, maybe every third line gets a translation.

you hosed up by not watching a mr vampire movire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsYXJ_51A4A

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

FMguru posted:

that sucks, i assumed they were only doing it because lana had a cool idea and sold the studio on it

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the dispossessed was my first exposure to world building where they actually tried to show how an anarchistic society would function, i found it super interesting.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

polyester concept posted:

the dispossessed was my first exposure to world building where they actually tried to show how an anarchistic society would function, i found it super interesting.

from reading the anarchist honeypot thread, around 1% of people would go to fish camp and the other 99% would starve to death

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
lol anarchists

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol anarchists

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

fart simpson posted:

from reading the anarchist honeypot thread, around 1% of people would go to fish camp and the other 99% would starve to death

...fish camp?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
japanese yakuza movies from the 60s and 70s are so fuckin good

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
look at that gangsta's bow tie

SmokaDustbowl fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 23, 2021

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
30 mins into m4. this is not anything like i expected. its cool

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

...fish camp?

its the anarchist dream:

pnac attack posted:

i will never watch any vlogger do anything and just told you about fish camp which is dope af and a way better way to live than any regular job

sorry if you felt condemned but i was talking about systems, not people. it's just real spicy around here

and there's nothing left cause the man sailed over and started pillaging, duh. same poo poo that ate it all up keeping some remnants on display is... i don't know what it is but it hurts my heart

lollontee posted:

how many people in the world do you think are living on subsistence? like ablke to provide their own food?

pnac attack posted:

exactly as many people as there should be total

pulling numbers completely out of my rear end of people i've met it seems like 5/1000, if that's close to avg like 40 mil? more than i would've guessed tbh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
dude is gonna avenge his old boss

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

that sucks, i assumed they were only doing it because lana had a cool idea and sold the studio on it

:same:

I'm glad they did it over some rando though.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Laughing at the thought of a JJ Abrams matrix.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Aw yiss

quote:

Donald Glover and his crew from Atlanta return for a third season after a three-year hiatus on Mar. 24 via FX, with episodes available the next day on Hulu. The previous two seasons are also streaming on Hulu.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

SmokaDustbowl posted:

look at that gangsta's bow tie

that looks badass. gonna grab that to watch later. any other recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

that looks badass. gonna grab that to watch later. any other recommendations?

it's boring if you don't know the poo poo, but everything is filmed so well