Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i am watching it now. lmao did fishburne want too much money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Judakel posted:

i am watching it now. lmao did fishburne want too much money?

apparently he was never even asked to come back

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
just started Matrixes Morpheus 2 is a decent actor Trinity is still hot I’m pretty sure this is going to suck though

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

people are swallowing bigass pills without a drink. this is unbelievable

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Morpheus got old so they made a new one. Neo and Trinity are apparently ageless vampires however.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
new matrix ruled gently caress the haters

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I really, really, really want to know why Lana didn’t ask Lawrence Fishburne back

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

indigi posted:

I really, really, really want to know why Lana didn’t ask Lawrence Fishburne back

*dons blue checkmark hat* Wachowskis are rich white racists that hate successful black people. Here's 19 reasons why this movie is racist and problematic. 1/109

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

On the one hand, he's black so Hollywood is less interested in paying whatever he might ask. On the other, even by the third movie Morpheus was pretty much written out.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

didn’t morpheus die in some matrix video game spin off thing?

here this it https://youtu.be/qWPey1fU9Ok

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ok I’m about halfway in and it makes pretty good sense narratively

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Xaris posted:

i'm a big dumb dumb, what distinction are you looking for? i suppose there is a distinction, although maximize profit + minimize risk of lost profit motive is the same.

because every time you talk about remakes being bad referring to ghostbusters some r word tries to own you by bringing up the thing

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
The new Matrix wasn't bad.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Farm Frenzy posted:

because every time you talk about remakes being bad referring to ghostbusters some r word tries to own you by bringing up the thing

Just say retard op

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

because every time you talk about remakes being bad referring to ghostbusters animeistrash tries to own you by bringing up the thing

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Snake Dance posted:

The new Matrix wasn't bad.

yeah I’d give it a B-

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1473807051591602176?s=20

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

indigi posted:

yeah I’d give it a B-

same

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

its weird how theres a completely new ghostbusters reboot that just came out that we can talk about thats bad for completely different reasons but for whatever reason we just have to rehash answer the call forever

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i was referring to both remakes

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i say swears online posted:

witcher:

everything looks great compared to last season, yay budget

but where are the corny rear end jokes? all the camp is gone

DAMMIT JASKIER *spittle*

I CAWNT FOCKEN SLEEP!! *spittle*

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

agreed

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
this poo poo goes on for 2 and a half hours

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lmao

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pyrus Malus posted:

new matrix ruled gently caress the haters

I really liked it for the most part and then it just sort of ended and then treated to a lovely cover

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
release the lana cut

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

500 good dogs posted:

release the lana cut

Actually the movie is perfect and it is owning all the haters, whoever they are this time.

Unless WB tampered with the film... in which case it's retroactively bad and you should ignore the praise I'm currently heaping on it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Also the original three films were never actually that good after all which means Matrix 4 is not terrible.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Also the original three films were never actually that good after all which means Matrix 4 is not terrible.

1 was and still a great action flick. there's some probs with it: 90s cgi generally looks awful these days (and looked bad at the time), and the whole human-battery thing is stupid that it's hard to get past. like using human brains for mining the blockchain for ai bitcoins or w/e would have made way more sense

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

so is there a very broad and on the nose philosophical message like matrix 1 or is it just kinda dumb scifi with lots of worldbuilding poo poo like 2 and 3

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Xaris posted:

1 was and still a great action flick. there's some probs with it: 90s cgi generally looks awful these days (and looked bad at the time), and the whole human-battery thing is stupid that it's hard to get past. like using human brains for mining the blockchain for ai bitcoins or w/e would have made way more sense

i think that was the original premise and then they had to tone it down

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

yeah it doesnt actually matter to the plot at all so i just mentally edit out, like, one sentence

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

rewatching as an adult its kind of remarkable how long they go establishing all the themes and rules without explicitly telling you whats going on. the battery speech is like 60% of the way through the movie

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Farm Frenzy posted:

i think that was the original premise and then they had to tone it down

Yeah, the studio made them change it because they thought it would confuse audiences.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Farm Frenzy posted:

rewatching as an adult its kind of remarkable how long they go establishing all the themes and rules without explicitly telling you whats going on. the battery speech is like 60% of the way through the movie

Yes it's incredibly well made. It's the kind of film that by all rights should have opened with a studio mandated wall of text trying to explain the universe, but instead they got away with just making a good movie.

Though the changes the studio did demand were bad.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Also despite how the narrative is almost certainly going to go now, the original is a very sincere movie.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Yes it's incredibly well made. It's the kind of film that by all rights should have opened with a studio mandated wall of text trying to explain the universe, but instead they got away with just making a good movie.

Though the changes the studio did demand were bad.

and it just works on every production level. in a vacuum a lot of the music is corny but it fits well in the movie, the sets are all amazing, there’s a unifying aesthetic between matrix vs rl, the action is top notch, the cinematography is brilliant at times. Resurrections isn’t nearly as well done on those technical levels (granted Keanu is too old to be doing amazing kung fu) and makes the movie feel a bit muddy

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

indigi posted:

in a vacuum a lot of the music is corny but it fits well in the movie

on my rewatch this week the only song that caught me off guard was Dragula. i didn't remember that one in the film

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

new matrix is way too meta for me thirty minutes in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Every song snippet or even sound effect from the first movie is burned into my brain deeper than anything I learned in high school.