Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
how do I time-effectively sell maps? sounds tedious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dream Attack
Feb 12, 2008

nothing in this world

totalnewbie posted:

SELL YOUR THINGS. It's not unusual for people to complain about being broke but it turns out they have 2 ex in scarabs sitting around.

There is a 100% foolproof way to immediately skyrocket your currency for almost every player and it doesn't involve playing more, changing your loot filter or even learning anything about the meta for the league.

Install Exilence Next and let it scan your tabs every 15 minutes. Aside from rare/magic items, it will give you an up-to-date summary of your total wealth and the price of high ticket items taken directly from poe.ninja. Like totalnewbie mentions, start selling the stuff that drops. There are definitely going to be scarabs, divination cards, uniques, sacrifice vials and other items that are surprisingly valuable.

Exilence Next removes all of the guesswork and if you check it maybe once per session you'll find out that hey, the div card that you picked up offhandedly is worth 70c - better sell it fast. Gives you an excellent idea of exactly how valuable the 752 jewellers orbs sitting in your stash are!

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

Dream Attack posted:

There is a 100% foolproof way to immediately skyrocket your currency for almost every player and it doesn't involve playing more, changing your loot filter or even learning anything about the meta for the league.

Install Exilence Next and let it scan your tabs every 15 minutes.

I did this for the first time this season and found about 20ex worth of stuff I didn’t realize I had. I know that’s maybe not the average experience but I cannot recommend Exilence enough.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
One problem is that fairly quickly in the league I just can't be assed to sell stuff worth less than like 25c, so plenty of stuff worth 10-20c a pop just piles up in my stash.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

500 good dogs posted:

how do I time-effectively sell maps? sounds tedious

list entire tiers at a time from your map tab. if you have div or legendary tabs, setting those to a flat price will get you a lot of sales for zero effort, too

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Convert all your jeweler's orbs into fusings, sell fusings in bundles of 1ex each. Sell scours, alts, alchs, divines, and regrets in bundles of 1ex each, if you can keep going with that much being sold.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ruggan posted:

Ok, I’ll be the one to ask. I suck at making money at the rate that some posters make sound easy. What are your best money-making tips at the lower end of the spectrum (ie not deli / Sirius+)? Things I can do after a few days - once I’ve gotten through red maps and beaten the conquerors a few times?

Links to existing posts I probably missed are also great.

Thanks.

sell temples with corruption altar/lapidary, either save your markers and sell them or run all your heists and especially your blueprints, and then either do the stupid exalt shard recipe or ID all your influenced drops because some of the t1 mods are worth something even attached to a poo poo item. that last one is chump change compared to selling temples, which usually go for about an exalt or two and can be farmed fast if you took the alva nodes on the Atlas. but it's also very brainless. i also make sure to bother running enchanted gear heists for this reason, I had a 6l caster chest with like 300hp on a poo poo base that I made ~70c on this league.

also, open your stacked decks, I probably made a quarter of my ~50ex this league on div cards lol. the rest being raw drops and temples and getting weirdly common synth map drops (even the non cortex ones seem to be consistent money)

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 23, 2021

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when I was writing that post I reflected that I felt fairly poor the entire league but then I remembered that when I stopped, except for my darkscorn basically every gear piece I had was at least 2ex, some of them 5-6, lol. i just spent it all as I got it, whoops.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Larry Parrish posted:

when I was writing that post I reflected that I felt fairly poor the entire league but then I remembered that when I stopped, except for my darkscorn basically every gear piece I had was at least 2ex, some of them 5-6, lol. i just spent it all as I got it, whoops.

This is the correct way to play

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Apparently you can do a lot of bulk trading on the forbidden trove discord. That includes selling multiple tabs of resources to people bulk maps, sets of fragments and so on. I'm thinking of trying that out next league. Seems like a good way to make money rather than selling individual fragments.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zenithe posted:

This is the correct way to play

yeah, but usually i get unlucky and pick garbage starters (or good starters that I find really boring) so i just flounder around not really making money because I just straight up can't map fast enough lol. i didn't really enjoy this league as much as the golden age of betrayal thru ritual, but picking actually good builds combined with finally having enough game knowledge to have some spending money felt good.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Vasudus posted:

This is going to sound far more condescending than I'm intending but my solution to "how do I make money" is to just play the content that I like. The more you play it the more you realize how you can juice rewards out of it. A big thing I see people do (and I don't blame them) is get overwhelmed at all the options available to them and end up spinning their wheels.

I don't like Legion at all, so I don't do Legion aside from the random ones that appear in outdoor maps.
I don't like Blights very much, so I do them on outdoor maps when they're not annoying.
I despise Harbinger, so I sell all my scarabs for it and never take the passives
I loving hate Heist so I never go to that stupid place and I hope a meteor lands in the rogue's harbor.

I love Incursion, so I do lots of Alva-related things.
I love expeditions and harvests, so I do those.
I love Delirium, so I do every mirror that shows up.

So I just zip through maps doing the content I like and then I have money.

My problem is that I loving hate harvest, but even with the nerfs it's by far the most powerful league mechanic, so you cannot really ignore it. It's also really annoying to trade for.

Anyway, Empyriangaming has put up a bunch of videos where he tests out the various farming methods for each atlas quadrant, I can highly recommend checking out those to see if any of them look fun.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Dream Attack posted:

Install Exilence Next and let it scan your tabs every 15 minutes. Aside from rare/magic items, it will give you an up-to-date summary of your total wealth and the price of high ticket items taken directly from poe.ninja. Like totalnewbie mentions, start selling the stuff that drops. There are definitely going to be scarabs, divination cards, uniques, sacrifice vials and other items that are surprisingly valuable.

Exilence Next removes all of the guesswork and if you check it maybe once per session you'll find out that hey, the div card that you picked up offhandedly is worth 70c - better sell it fast. Gives you an excellent idea of exactly how valuable the 752 jewellers orbs sitting in your stash are!

Not me emptyquoting this

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ruggan posted:

Ok, I’ll be the one to ask. I suck at making money at the rate that some posters make sound easy. What are your best money-making tips at the lower end of the spectrum (ie not deli / Sirius+)? Things I can do after a few days - once I’ve gotten through red maps and beaten the conquerors a few times?

Links to existing posts I probably missed are also great.

Thanks.

1000% agree on exilence. almost everyone who thinks they don't make a lot of money mapping actually makes a lot more than they think they do, it's just mostly in gumball poo poo like essences that don't feel like money but totally are if you sell in bulk.

if you can stomach it at all, run heists early in the league, potentially even before kitava--lockpicking and demolition heists generate an outrageous amount of currency starting at zone level 50, both from raw currency drops and the fact that they drop so many unid'd rares for chaos recipe at 60+. unless you have a very specific plan for rocketing to the top of the atlas and making money in the first weekend, swing by the rogue harbor every level after 50 and buy every lockpicking/demolition heist you're offered* then run them all before killing kitava. i guarantee you will rack up at least an ex or so an hour in raw chaos like this even if you don't drop any good uniques, which you can use to buy a 6-link, your core uniques, and some life+resist stuff going into maps. you won't have to worry about gear upgrades at all until you hit the top of the atlas if you're using a reasonable starter build.

after reaching the top of the atlas the big thing to do for a midrange player is to just pick a strategy and stick with it. leaning into the good atlas passives in each quadrant is big, reliable money if you just keep doing it. my personal strategy this league was to run polished expedition scarabs in lira arthain because i liked how easy it was to liquidate logbooks and expedition currency in bulk, but repeatedly running t14 core in valdo's rest to exploit blight was incredibly good for zero investment.

*remember that you can vendor fuse for chance if you run out, it's 100% worth it to do it

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
From personal experience this league, I can safely say that the best ways to make currency is to pull a 60ex ring from a div card set, or have the first (and only) watchers eye be worth 30ex.

Barring that, selling expedition currency has been quite lucrative this time around

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
as a thought experiment: consistently throughout this league, one of the uber elder fragments dropped 100% of the time from the shaper fight was worth 30c more than buying a set of four shaper fragments in bulk. if your build can kill shaper in 6 minutes, which is fast but not insanely so, you were literally guaranteed an absolute floor of 300c/2ex per hour even if literally nothing of value ever dropped. this has been true for several leagues.

of course i'd rather scoop my eyes out with a cafeteria spork than sit down and grind shaper for hours, which probably explains why the price spread between shaper fragments and uber elder keys is so high, but it establishes a decent floor for the profit from atlas strategies--nobody makes clickbait youtube videos titled I FARMED A HEADHUNTER BY RUNNING SHAPER 500 TIMES so you have to figure even an okayish atlas strategy is probably more profitable than 2 ex/hour

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
On money making, adding to the entirety of the posters above me. I just opened :reddit: and this was the first post
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/rmnvat/so_im_an_idiot/
I suggest to give a glance at the OP and top comment by the thread starter.
Might give someone an idea what to run.

efb, basically the post above this one

Next, love it or hate it - TFT discord is still a very useful tool for selling stuff in bulk in one go. They have a browser based tool for tabs wholesales of bulk items. Makes getting currency a breeze. I pull up exilence and make it run checker while making coffee. Quickly glance-sort it by tabs and see what is sellable in bulk, throw it in tft bulk sale tool and copy-paste the results in a channel and gently caress off to PoB/mapping/shittalk in discords, the buyer comes to you and usually in under 10 minutes. Done and done!

And finally, a pro-tip to casual poe while being a goon.
Just post itt with how many hours you have and/or chaos you got to play a build and loving ASK FOR HELP FINDING A CHEAP BUILD.
It's not that hard! There's no shame in asking! Majority of the posters itt are willing to pob andor post to help people.

whypick1 posted:

Rage Vortex video is making me reconsider my Atlas Invasion choice, especially as the shield should be easier to get than the Snakepit that's basically required for Eye of Winter (plus I can use it earlier).

As for the video itself, one criticism I have about your voiceover, at least based on that video, is that there's very little pause between sentences and sometimes you pause longer for commas than for periods. Not sure if that's how you're stitching together different recordings or that's how you speak normally. In either event, it makes things sound like one really big run-on sentence.

Also, the sound quality in the Pantheon section is rather rough.

Yeah, bad stitching and bad mic. Audio was recorded outside in a running car while being ill. Thank you for the input! With some help I got a better setup and finally cleared my audio just yesterday (thank you jock <3)
On the RV itself I'd suggest trying it out first in standard, I did get some feedback that some people find the skill mechanic not so pleasant, one of them was itt a few pages ago

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
This time around ill go for Haewark Essence/Harvest, see how it plays out.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Useful info about money-making - I’m new to the game and just trying to learn the ropes this league and that’s something I’ve hardly hosed with at all.

To that end - is it possible to do blight maps solo? I always wind up getting overwhelmed, there’s just too much stuff too fast.

(edit) any good primer on crafting floating around? I know there’s potentially a lot more to it than just what’s there on the table, but…

mynnna fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Dec 23, 2021

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Oh absolutely. You need either a bunch of range, a bunch of minions or some sort of proliferation skill (I think the build I've done that handled Blight the best was Fireball Ignite Trickster). Don't ignore tower setups and anointments either. There's a few different setups people like, I tend to prefer minion Scout towers and anointing maps to reduce tower costs so you can fill the map with a gazillion murderbots.

Erulisse posted:

On the RV itself I'd suggest trying it out first in standard, I did get some feedback that some people find the skill mechanic not so pleasant, one of them was itt a few pages ago

Turns out I don't have a single Marauder in Standard somehow, so that's not happening. I did use this last night and got Rage Vortex and Berserker before either Eye of Winter or Inquisitor, so it is decided.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Dec 23, 2021

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
theres a handful builds thats specifically tailored towards blighted maps,
if you take your normal mapping build to a blight map, dont expect to "win" imo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can win blight maps with a lot of builds by setting up the towers correctly to stun lock all of the mobs

Some are immune

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

mynnna posted:

Useful info about money-making - I’m new to the game and just trying to learn the ropes this league.

To that end - is it possible to do blight maps solo? I always wind up getting overwhelmed, there’s just too much stuff too fast.

I'm not an expert at all, but obvious guess if you're new (I made the same mistake) you might not be annointing your blighted maps. If you spend oils on it with cassia at your hideout, you can give it various buffs/debuffs to make it harder/easier, such as brown oils being 20% more tower damage each, orange oils 20% cheaper towers each. That, plus annointing your rings can give you buffs for your towers, a lot of people like scout tower range up and spamming them around the pump to blast everything at huge range. You can also stack physical towers (don't upgrade them to level 4 though) nearby a level 3 enhancement tower and they can stunlock everything. I don't know what to do about enemies with proxy shields though, other than take them out yourself, which can be hard if a boss has it and you don't notice until they are close to the pump.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also your towers turn off if you are too far away from them

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

euphronius posted:

Which is abundantly loving stupid, by the way.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just put them all near the pump or a universal choke point I guess

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

theres a handful builds thats specifically tailored towards blighted maps,
if you take your normal mapping build to a blight map, dont expect to "win" imo
Having multiple builds would mean multiple characters, right? Or is there some option to store multiple builds that I’ve overlooked?

euphronius posted:

This explains a lot, actually. I’ll chase every new branch and so am running all over, when maybe it’s better to concentrate on building and upgrading closer to the pump?

Captainicus posted:

I'm not an expert at all, but obvious guess if you're new (I made the same mistake) you might not be annointing your blighted maps. If you spend oils on it with cassia at your hideout, you can give it various buffs/debuffs to make it harder/easier, such as brown oils being 20% more tower damage each, orange oils 20% cheaper towers each. That, plus annointing your rings can give you buffs for your towers, a lot of people like scout tower range up and spamming them around the pump to blast everything at huge range. You can also stack physical towers (don't upgrade them to level 4 though) nearby a level 3 enhancement tower and they can stunlock everything. I don't know what to do about enemies with proxy shields though, other than take them out yourself, which can be hard if a boss has it and you don't notice until they are close to the pump.

I think I flat out forgot that Cassia is right there in my hideout to be able to anoint stuff.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mynnna posted:

Having multiple builds would mean multiple characters, right? Or is there some option to store multiple builds that I’ve overlooked?

This explains a lot, actually. I’ll chase every new branch and so am running all over, when maybe it’s better to concentrate on building and upgrading closer to the pump?

I think I flat out forgot that Cassia is right there in my hideout to be able to anoint stuff.

Here this post was good for me https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/qar183/blight_is_a_tower_defense_game_you_dont_need_a/

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

mynnna posted:

Yes, multiple characters.

You kinda need to do both unless you've got really good AoE damage and can handle everything converging at a couple points by the pump.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I generally don't do blight maps before I get a freeze tower annoint to root everything it hits. But that's just helpful for getting started on them if your build isn't fast enough and have tons of ranged application of death. Blight maps generally are you placing down as many max rank scout towers as you can, to nuke all the lanes down.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

I generally don't do blight maps before I get a freeze tower annoint to root everything it hits. But that's just helpful for getting started on them if your build isn't fast enough and have tons of ranged application of death. Blight maps generally are you placing down as many max rank scout towers as you can, to nuke all the lanes down.

Neither of these are the meta anymore. Level 3 Seismic Towers + Level 3 Empowering Towers are all you need to cover all non-phys immune lanes and for those you just build a couple ice towers. Then fill the rest with some sort of damage tower, usually Arc, and you're good to go.

The reddit post linked above covers it in much better detail.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Cinara posted:

Neither of these are the meta anymore. Level 3 Seismic Towers + Level 3 Empowering Towers are all you need to cover all non-phys immune lanes and for those you just build a couple ice towers. Then fill the rest with some sort of damage tower, usually Arc, and you're good to go.

Yea I know, I just like the root. :shrug:

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Cinara posted:

This is what I did this season, and got my non-bossing build through a superblight with very little trouble, it just took a while to take down the big units. And just so I didn't miss anything it would be lv3 Seismic, lv3 ice and lv3 empower at every choke point, and damage towers in any gaps.

Ring anoints are 1 for seismic and 1 for ice.

Also with the towers deactivating at range (2.5 screens or so?), I don't even bother going more than a screen away from the pump in any direction until cleanup time unless there is literally nothing happening any closer, and all the nearby stuff is leveled up already.

That reddit posted mentioned that the empowering tower is line of sight, which is news to me, and I will keep it in mind.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

:stare::stare::stare:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Seems good

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

whypick1 posted:

Yes, multiple characters.

This is the one part of every league where it all falls apart for me. I think about doing the story yet again and all will to play evaporates. :sigh:

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010
I have been using the short event leagues as a chance to try things that I either have never touched or not used in a long time, and I realized that I have never run a brand build at all. I saw mention earlier in the thread of Wintertide brand being a good starter but not necessarily a great bossing build. What brand builds are good at killing bosses? I think I'd like to give it a shot for the atlas invasion.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
brands have eaten so many waves of nerfs that they are pretty poo poo for killing bosses, despite their theoretically good mechanics for it

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I thought WTB was good for invasion, make up your mind thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I thought WTB was good for invasion, make up your mind thread