Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

This is like something out of Family Guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Cool so I get to go back to work where clients are dying and argue with libs about Omicron being just a cold, the exact same loving argument they made fun of the magas for. Just what the gently caress.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

This reflects that certain mood when you aren't expecting people to take you up on your idea, they do, and then you realize exactly how bad an idea it is

Variants, shmariants

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Do you think killing one of her parents would be a come to Jesus moment for her or would it just make her double down

look in your heart. you know the answer.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I'm also a fan of the advice to only test symptomatic people for COVID before parties. Because it makes public health sense to allow sick people into the party as long as they don't have COVID.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this is actually worse than the colbert vaccine song

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Wife's coworker is really worried about COVID you guys, but anyway, she flew to Florida this morning but it's ok because she's quarantining at her parents' house for two weeks, but it won't be so bad because a bunch of people are coming over for a party this weekend.

I love how the definition for the word 'quarantine' has gone from 'isolate from people' to 'attend a huge party' over the past 20 months

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Today:

Biden says he wishes he thought about ordering 500 million at-home Covid tests 2 months ago

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/23/biden-wishes-he-thought-about-ordering-500-million-at-home-covid-tests-2-months-ago.html

Three months ago:

" And we’ll commit — we’re committing $2 billion to purchase nearly 300 million rapid tests for distribution to community health centers, food banks, schools, so that every American, no matter their income, can access free and convenient tests. This is important to everyone, particularly for a parent or a child — with a child not old enough to be vaccinated. You’ll be able to test them at home and test those around them."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2021/09/09/remarks-by-president-biden-on-fighting-the-covid-19-pandemic-3/

Is it senility or short-term memory loss associated with COVID grandsons kissing his pop?

D&D answer: he said that he wished he thought of 500 million 2 months ago, and not 300 million 3 months ago, so its still technically true.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

18k cases today in New Jersey. after 12k yesterday. and 8.5k the day before.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

quarantine means wear a mask maybe when you go shopping

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
"Asymptomatic vaccinated are not a major source of spread"

Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, when they were telling us kids in schools weren't a major source either 😂😂

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

I'm also a fan of the advice to only test symptomatic people for COVID before parties. Because it makes public health sense to allow sick people into the party as long as they don't have COVID.

it's great, only the best public policy from the smartest people. it's also why this country is most likely to breed a goddamn test evading variant and refuse to notice

i can see how journalists keep quoting her, a fountain of knowledge and good ideas

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Mr Hootington posted:

I love this virus.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

LionArcher posted:

I’m in LA, and I went to a mall two days ago fully masked and all that. nobody is wearing a mask right, and I saw two good masks out of maybe three hundred people? and maybe 50 with no masks at all. lol.

I accompanied my mom to the mall a few days ago because she wanted to return some poo poo. I'd gauge about 40% of people weren't wearing a mask at all, and almost all the people who were were using cloth/surgicals. I was losing hope when I saw like 3 people wearing n95-style masks. Northern NJ here.

It's honestly criminal that we haven't sent everyone a box of n95s yet, and probably never will. I think there is a subset of people who are legitimately well-meaning but just don't know better. And there is another subset of people who just does what everyone else does. If everyone was wearing their government N95s, they would be too. But when there's a bunch of people going unmasked, well, they do that instead.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Max you dumb motherfucker what are you doing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao at make sure you test the symptomatic people at the party !!

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ringo Roadagain posted:

18k cases today in New Jersey. after 12k yesterday. and 8.5k the day before.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

I F***ing Love Science Covid

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Do you think killing one of her parents would be a come to Jesus moment for her or would it just make her double down

she’s actively trying to kill everyone. she’s the leader of the 12 monkeys cult.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Do we just forget about the whole asymptomatic and incubation period thing every single wave? I thought I had a bad memory but gently caress even I can remember my community being ravaged by a wave of covid last month lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Why Am I So Tired posted:

I'd really like to know the real answer to this.

I'd also really like to know if it's possible to do this at a state-run drive-thru site in a state that actually does have a database (Washington).

Would really like to get #4 without having to walk inside a pharmacy.

i got a second "first" shot by giving them my real information. i even handed them my drivers license and they took down information off of it. if they wanted they could have used my name and birthday on my license to look up in the state database that i had already gotten all the recommended shots. nobody cares

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

clearly the solution is to continue aborting social and infrastructure investment programs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Goobish posted:

Do we just forget about the whole asymptomatic and incubation period thing every single wave? I thought I had a bad memory but gently caress even I can remember my community being ravaged by a wave of covid last month lol

people are getting really stupid

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
lol sure glad we have done almost 3 semesters, 4 semesters worth of online classes and it looks like its getting worse

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

hmm we seem to have a problem with the spread of this omicrom thing. I wonder what we could do to help.

I know! let’s reduce the quarantine period, that way even more people can catch it!

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Goobish posted:

covid is over, hope that helps

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Just wait for New Years, it’s going to be lit. No one will be careful, the bars and restaurants will be full. People will be having raging house parties etc. No one loving cares anymore and they also think, falsely, that vaccines will save them even if boosted.

The idiots like Max and Glenn are trying to be edgelords who challenge authority so they’re going to say and report on the opposite of whatever the government is pushing (even when the info they push is already weak and wrong). So they elevate idiots like Jay and Martin or Monica, basically anyone who challenges mask and vaccine mandates.

I’m so done with this, I hope it all collapses on their heads.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

Goobish posted:

We sure did. Also correct me if I'm wrong, but since this is an old strain isn't the incubation time possibly longer than Delta? Everyone's just shrinking the quarantine time/eliminating it entirely.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Goobish posted:

the american public has 0 long term memory or ability to learn from previous events

it's astonishing if you think about it for even a second

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope you are not too attached to family members over the age of 75 or so

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1474079128269774864?s=20

Critical Staffing Shortages: 1055
Predicted in 7 days: 1172

COVID ICU Patients: 16,585 (11,902 on 11/5)
COVID Regular Patients: 70,923 (45694 on 11/5)
Kids with COvid 1,987 (1,361 on 11/5)
FLU HOspitalizations 2,864 (492 on 11/5)

Pillowpants fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 23, 2021

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Stereotype posted:

she’s actively trying to kill everyone. she’s the leader of the 12 monkeys cult.

I figure I'll get there eventually too, I keep joking with my friends I'll be a Nurgle cultist before the pandemic is over

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

isaboo posted:

Got my booster in mid September. Anyone else that got one ~3 months ago going to get another one now/soon?

zone posted:

January, probably, if I can get the chance

same

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

is there a word in english or german or any other language to describe the very specific exhaustion brought on by being right all the time

Cassandra syndrome

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
hello, is this the thread for people who are dismayed at
1. The current situation
2. The fact that telling the truth about (1) makes you sound like a crazy person
?

Atrocious Joe posted:

can anyone translate what Monica is saying
https://twitter.com/MonicaGandhi9/status/1474101418025885698?s=20

Is she going to infect her dad
That contact tracing paper gathered its data in early 2021, before even Delta. lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/GeorgeMycykNBC/status/1474009943237967878?s=20
https://twitter.com/BlockClubCHI/status/1474100009905930251?s=20
https://twitter.com/djbyrnes1/status/1474101154225213442?s=20

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Zugzwang posted:

hello, is this the thread for people who are dismayed at
1. The current situation
2. The fact that telling the truth about (1) makes you sound like a crazy person
?

That contact tracing paper gathered its data in early 2021, before even Delta. lol

this is the thread for celebrating covid being over. we’ve been celebrating since march 2020.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
The PNW is also heading towards a nasty cold snap with temps in the teens. The last time we had ice storms like this people lost power for days and some for weeks. It was a loving nightmare and transportation was hosed because they don’t have the infrastructure for these situations.

Which means more hospitalizations from people slipping on ice, car accidents, etc.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/cooldadvideos/status/1473823193949519881?t=5mVNFRXRZdhfEMfSc6HLDg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/KatherineEban/status/1474097115999744000

https://twitter.com/KatherineEban/status/1474097119183183887