Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

BLM feels so hard to adjust to after maxing RDM and SMN. Given the smoothing over a lot of other jobs have seen, I'm kind of surprised Fire 4 still doesn't refresh enochian. It's nice you don't need to manually re-up enochian and just get it for casting fire/blizzard, but I still find it hard not to drop it while also casting fire 4 as much as possible.

If the spell effects weren't as cool as they were, I couldn't see any reason to play it over RDM or SMN with how much more flexible they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It'd be a pointless rotation if Fire 4 refreshed AF. That's the whole point.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Oxyclean posted:

If the spell effects weren't as cool as they were, I couldn't see any reason to play it over RDM or SMN with how much more flexible they are.
BLM's numbers are bigger than any other ranged damage class. That is the reason to play it over other ranged damage.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I cannot stand BLM and I hate timer management and even if it's simple in theory actually using it in content is painful and awkward to me. But it's also the only class that plays like it does and some people seem to like that style so it's Fine, I still have RDM and now SMN for flashy magic explosion antics options.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

game decided to punish me for praising ridorana yesterday by giving me a terrible run for my first ever alliance raid as sage. 6/8 people in my party were cutscene viewers, total they died upwards of 50 times. and...I still love it, alliance raids should be hard sometimes, it gave me a chance to save our mathbot pull with healer lb3, ridorana still good.

also today I had a dungeon where I out-dps'd the entire party as sage, feels extremely good. I get why there were issues with sage players at the start of EW, your toolkit is robust but you have to be very thoughtful about how you use it; I find myself hitting buttons in an anticipatory way that reminds me more of tanking than healing. e.g. soteria is a great button but you can't push it reactively. Also addersting probably makes it seem like you should be hitting eukrasian diagnosis a bunch and you really don't need to? it's structured like the kind of thing you'd do for a DPS gain but it's really just a charge system for the instant cast button.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It'd be a pointless rotation if Fire 4 refreshed AF. That's the whole point.
I mean sure, I just find myself loving it up in so many ways when movement gets involved, as well as trying to end enough mana for flare/despair. There's just so many ways you can/need to adjust that it just kinda doesn't click with me. Practice certainly would help, it's just amusing just how easy revamped summoner is to pick up by comparison.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

I mean sure, I just find myself loving it up in so many ways when movement gets involved, as well as trying to end enough mana for flare/despair. There's just so many ways you can/need to adjust that it just kinda doesn't click with me. Practice certainly would help, it's just amusing just how easy revamped summoner is to pick up by comparison.

Summoner has the lowest DPS in the game right now of all DPS classes except Dancer. That's the price they pay. Who knows if this will be adjusted in 6.05, because Summoner truly is ridiculously easy right now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Summoners can have their damage back when they make the move Titan does not completely cover the boss and make "watch for tells" mechanics more frustrating than any other class. I shouldn't need to disable party effects because of a single ability.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Pyro Jack posted:

So I got Thaumaturge to 30 and unlocked Black Mage. Compared to the other Magical DPS in the game, Summoner (both old and new) and Red Mage, it felt a bit slow even if it was at an early level than those two. I do like the gimmick with Thunder but I feel that the duration of the DoT should be longer. Anyway, Black Mage's got alot of buttons to work with, enough to worry me on setting them up on my Crossbar.

Outside of that, all that's left to get to 30 is Conjurer which is probably a good time to learn the basics of being a Healer in a duty since I want to level Sage for the Endwalker story.

For what it's worth, healers are so fundamentally different at 30-50 than they are at 70-90 that it's really hard to compare. At the lower levels you primarily hard cast your primary heals (or for scholar, let the faerie autopilot solo heal the dungeon) and the higher level you get, the more you rely on your ogcd abilities for healing to keep you in the primary, slaying bodies.

At 80,when I'm healing on my whm, if I'm casting cure2 something has gone horribly horribly wrong.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Countblanc posted:

Summoners can have their damage back when they make the move Titan does not completely cover the boss and make "watch for tells" mechanics more frustrating than any other class. I shouldn't need to disable party effects because of a single ability.

"/petsize all small" will shrink them for you.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mind over Matter posted:

"/petsize all small" will shrink them for you.

I don't mean the pet, I mean the actual ability/particle effects the Titan pet uses. I've already got them on small.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
The thing is, if I had the capacity to be in a static, I definitely wouldn't pentameld - because a static means your rate of guaranteed gear goes way up as people stop rolling need on coffers that don't contribute to their static job, at least until everyone is geared. People will never stop rolling need on coffers in PF, so I have to assume it'll take at least the max amount of weeks since clearing to get all my gear from the books.

On dragoon and keybinds:

setting aside unorthodox placement, you can see the logic: combos go in a little line such that everything is pressed in order. the rows for buffs and damage each go in opener order, or at least what was opener order in shadowbringers. learning dragoon from the ground up now, i'd say to sequence it differently so that, again, each "track" is on its own line of timing.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

What keys do you use for movement?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

King Cohort posted:

Summoner has the lowest DPS in the game right now of all DPS classes except Dancer. That's the price they pay. Who knows if this will be adjusted in 6.05, because Summoner truly is ridiculously easy right now.

From what I've heard of Dancer's DPS they're literally doing less than tanks even counting the party buffs. I doubt the damage numbers right now are where the devs want them to be.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
On dragoon you can put as many copies of True Thrust as you want in your bars. Personal preference, but you may find it nicer/neater/more "aesthetic"/whatever to have a True and Buff Combo, and then a second copy of True next to Damage Combo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
especially on controller, where buttons are split into groups of four, doubling up on true thrust makes a ton of sense

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Chillgamesh posted:

From what I've heard of Dancer's DPS they're literally doing less than tanks even counting the party buffs. I doubt the damage numbers right now are where the devs want them to be.

this doesn't seem to be true

https://www.fflogs.com/zone/statistics/42#class=Non-Healers&boss=1058

e: just realized that if you look past the shiny graph you'll see the name of one of the endwalker trials, so, spoilers, I guess

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 23, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

DeathSandwich posted:

So anyone who mains DRG on keyboard can you post your keyboard setup? I get annoyed with the class because it's both slow on gcd and fiddly on buttons having two separate 5 button combo strings is annoying especially when the last two hits double up on each other. And I have a penchant for fat fingering it in a way that I don't on SAM/MNK/NIN.

I've mostly just been playing DRG because it's convenient and the melee I have at highest level, but I'm really considering powering through monk or ninja instead at this point. Likely monk since as much as I like ninja, so much of their balance is around Trick Attack and they seemingly take a huge personal damage hit for it.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Here's my nightmare of a UI.

I use `-6,q,e,r,f,t, shift with all of those, then alt `,1,2q,e

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

I wonder how much of SAM damage is based off of having a DNC in the party. :v:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

multijoe posted:

Just put a scaling minimum ilevel based on your level and/or what raids you have unlocked and make roulette manipulations outright impossible

this is from 9 pages ago but gently caress YES PLEASE

i loving hate ilvl cheesers bringing me to CT all the time

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Machinist sitting under bard currently is... Oof

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gearhead posted:

if fflogs did its job right, none of it

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

That's a lot of Reaper parses. And a bit odd that Red Mage is out-performing Dragoon and Ninja.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
wait nevermind I'm dumb

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

do we think they will make a balance pass when savage drops or wait until after

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

this doesn't seem to be true

https://www.fflogs.com/zone/statistics/42#class=Non-Healers&boss=1058

e: just realized that if you look past the shiny graph you'll see the name of one of the endwalker trials, so, spoilers, I guess

I hadn't seen the numbers myself yet. I wonder how much of this is just lack of optimization, but yeah, I doubt this is what CBU3 wants the job balance looking like.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Awesome! posted:

do we think they will make a balance pass when savage drops or wait until after

They often have some small potency tweaks for the first tier.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Gearhead posted:

None, that's the whole point of the rDPS number. It substracts the damage given by dancer buffs from the SAM and adds it to the DNC

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

King Cohort posted:

Really? By how much?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Thundarr posted:

That's a lot of Reaper parses. And a bit odd that Red Mage is out-performing Dragoon and Ninja.
NIN has always been the lowest for melee due to the team buffs, though yeah DRG isn't looking too hot considering RPR is the same armor class but easier/stronger.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Bruceski posted:

Really? By how much?

https://www.fflogs.com/zone/statistics/42#aggregate=amount&class=Any

Summoner's median is 5.3k. Samurai (at the top) is 5.8.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Badger of Basra posted:

What keys do you use for movement?

Transpose WASD to PL:"

Camera movement is handled with thumbs on a trackpad

this enables me to raid at times when I only have a laptop and no desk

also precision movement and memey safespots are easier when your more capable hand is on movement

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 23, 2021

Ashurbanipal
Jun 2, 2010
god, absolutely no idea if I should be asking this here or on the discord, but here goes. anyone at all aware of what “guild” or free company I should join to be with my fellow WoW refugees on Primal center: Excalibur. Looking for people from Mal’ganis - Goon Squad (Horde).

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I never used to care about drifting too much as someone who never does at-level Extremes/Savages but levelling Samurai to 90 I understand why drifting feels like agony. As someone who doesn't play it enough to have it all in muscle memory, not having my kaeshi line up is awful. It's a nail-biting experience to see if it lines up just in time after Midare.

Now I got charges of Meikyo at 88 so I have no idea when the right time to Higanbana a boss is. I guess the new answer is "After you've done everything else".

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

I hadn't seen the numbers myself yet. I wonder how much of this is just lack of optimization, but yeah, I doubt this is what CBU3 wants the job balance looking like.

it looks basically just like any other job damage graph i've seen. i never look at All Percentages, i look at 90th and 95th percentiles. they're not bad. definitely tweakable.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Kerrzhe posted:

it looks basically just like any other job damage graph i've seen. i never look at All Percentages, i look at 90th and 95th percentiles. they're not bad. definitely tweakable.

Oh for sure, even if it stays like it is it’s not like it’s game-breaking. It’s just that typically classes like SAM or MCH should be out-DPSing their role counterparts.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I know people were complaining in here about getting the 90 story dungeon constantly in EXDR and it's a real testament to randomness because personally I've yet to see it at all lmao. I just want a chance to roll for the minion without having to queue for the dungeon directly rip

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Valentin posted:

I know people were complaining in here about getting the 90 story dungeon constantly in EXDR and it's a real testament to randomness because personally I've yet to see it at all lmao. I just want a chance to roll for the minion without having to queue for the dungeon directly rip

I finally got to do it for the second time today, and I think it's my favorite of this batch. The visuals are incredible, and the bosses are really satisfying to fight. Especially the second one, with all those overlapping AOEs with just a few tiny safe zones, but it's perfectly readable.

Minion didn't drop though, of course :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Ashurbanipal posted:

god, absolutely no idea if I should be asking this here or on the discord, but here goes. anyone at all aware of what “guild” or free company I should join to be with my fellow WoW refugees on Primal center: Excalibur. Looking for people from Mal’ganis - Goon Squad (Horde).

The goon FCs are on excal, so take your pick of the 4 in the OP. Eorzea Mahjong Club is the newest one and probably the most suitable for new people, though they all should be ok.