Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Like, let's be honest, if Kenny Omega was 10 year younger he'd be Kidd Bandit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

Wait, you're not an anime fan?

Love me some cartoons.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gaz-L posted:

Like, let's be honest, if Kenny Omega was 10 year younger he'd be Kidd Bandit.

True. Kenny Omega's entire early career was constant references to 8 bit and 16 bit gaming. He just happened to choose video games as his dominating gimmick and is still wrestlings Sephiroth.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

flatluigi posted:

they're exactly what i expect a queer kid who grew up on the internet and decided to be a wrestler is and i don't know how you can dislike that

I don't hate him as a person and I certainly don't want any harm to come to him and I'm glad he's getting past the recent bad times he's had. I just hope that someday he is able to find or create an identity for himself that doesn't revolve entirely around consumerist pop culture junk food. And I say that as someone who occasionally enjoys anime and manga.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Lid posted:

True. Kenny Omega's entire early career was constant references to 8 bit and 16 bit gaming. He just happened to choose video games as his dominating gimmick and is still wrestlings Sephiroth.

whereas kidd is more like wrestling's...deku? I dunno, someone who watches more shonen than me might have a better comparison

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't hate him as a person and I certainly don't want any harm to come to him and I'm glad he's getting past the recent bad times he's had. I just hope that someday he is able to find or create an identity for himself that doesn't revolve entirely around consumerist pop culture junk food. And I say that as someone who occasionally enjoys anime and manga.

Kidd's pronouns are they/them

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Rarity posted:

Kidd's pronouns are they/them

gently caress.

Mx Adventure

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
also sometimes it's okay to be into a thing and incorporate it into your life, especially if the way you're incorporating it is 'a stage persona'

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Barry Bluejeans posted:

whereas kidd is more like wrestling's...deku? I dunno, someone who watches more shonen than me might have a better comparison

Deku's a good fit

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

flatluigi posted:

also sometimes it's okay to be into a thing and incorporate it into your life, especially if the way you're incorporating it is 'a stage persona'

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dont think kidd bandit has ever stolen

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shitt Bandit

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

NienNunb posted:

Shitt Bandit

rack em

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I know we're making jokes at kid literally named Jojo but guys and girls this did start with him talking about struggling with abuse he'd been receiving as a queer Asian and how he was considering quitting from the stress of it all. The Kidd's alright.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i dont think kidd bandit has ever stolen

Yes dignity?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don’t think any wrestler should be judged by their race or gender or orientation. Judged upon whether or not they’re cringe, I refuse to take that off the table.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I bet they've illegally downloaded plenty of animes.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lid posted:

I know we're making jokes at kid literally named Jojo but guys and girls this did start with him talking about struggling with abuse he'd been receiving as a queer Asian and how he was considering quitting from the stress of it all. The Kidd's alright.

You were told their pronouns like four posts ago ya dipshit

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

NienNunb posted:

You were told their pronouns like four posts ago ya dipshit

gently caress. You're right and I am sorry. However dipshit... you know given context that was not of ill ontent. That loving hurt.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I hope Kidd Bandit is one day able to make their offense look good, blessings to all this holiday season

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Kidd Bandit is young and working poo poo out and will one day temper their enthusiasm with experience and be very good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I rag on Kidd Bandit cause I fully believe they'll be very good once they calm the gently caress down and I'm excited for when that happens :)

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Rarity posted:

I rag on Kidd Bandit cause I fully believe they'll be very good once they calm the gently caress down and I'm excited for when that happens :)
This isn't just a phase, moooom

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

They’re gonna be working a show I’m going to in January and I’m gonna give ‘em an Evangelion tamagotchi because I respect how they’ve not just leaned into but deadass Naruto-sprinted into their love of all things weeb.

…on that note, is it weird to give wrestlers gifts? I gave Daniel Makabe a Cascadia soccer scarf but otherwise it’s not something I’ve done.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As long as you're not exclusively buying female wrestlers shoes it's probably ok

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Tampa Bae posted:

This isn't just a phase, moooom

I hope it's not. But at one point, when they grow older than 16, they can no longer be a shonen protagonist and will start being a mentor until they reach their 20s. then they can start being the protagonist of a seinen.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

As long as you're not exclusively buying female wrestlers shoes it's probably ok

yeah you should be buying the young bucks shoes

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Rarity posted:

the BASTARD PAC utterly mystified by the random canned hamburger that has appeared in his luggage

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

They're going to be 60 years old and wrestling like Keiji Mutoh and still be like this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Joey McChrist posted:

the BASTARD PAC utterly mystified by the random canned hamburger that has appeared in his luggage

He's from Newcastle, he'll understand

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Re: giving wrestlers gifts.

I went on a kinda mini spree of sending fanmail letters to wrestlers, and enclosing a footy card of a random AFL team, saying that now they have to barrack for that team.

So if Maki Itoh starts wearing a North Melbourne jumper to the ring, or Evil Uno starts singing the Hawthorn theme tune, you will know who to blame.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/Malcolmvelli/status/1474168942004514817

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

IGgy IGsen posted:

I hope it's not. But at one point, when they grow older than 16, they can no longer be a shonen protagonist and will start being a mentor until they reach their 20s. then they can start being the protagonist of a seinen.
kidd bandit needs a sasuke or needs to become sasuke

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

the escape goat posted:

They’re gonna be working a show I’m going to in January and I’m gonna give ‘em an Evangelion tamagotchi because I respect how they’ve not just leaned into but deadass Naruto-sprinted into their love of all things weeb.

…on that note, is it weird to give wrestlers gifts? I gave Daniel Makabe a Cascadia soccer scarf but otherwise it’s not something I’ve done.

Tell them that all the Fight Island goons are raising their hands towards the sky, and giving them our energy for their match.

Team them up with Danhausen, and we’ll have the anime meet the cartoon.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

flatluigi posted:

they're exactly what i expect a queer kid who grew up on the internet and decided to be a wrestler is and i don't know how you can dislike that

Very carefully

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

the escape goat posted:

As long as the gift isn't wildly inappropriate, it's fine. I gave Chuck Taylor a bottle of his second favorite whiskey as revealed on like, /woooooo/, my friend would give The Batiri Pop Tarts at every single show he was at with the team making an appearance because they always said in character how they were demons from Hell but the one good thing the mortal realm had was Pop Tarts, and I got Ultramantis Black a few boxes of Thin Mints.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Normally I'd just be like whatever, a weeb gimmick. But Kidd Bandit's self awareness is what does it for me. If you didn't see the recent match where they ran around the audience yelling "I'M PANDERING", it was pretty great.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Love them or hate them, Kidd Bandit sparks debate.
e: thought of this joke the last time they came up: I predict they'll grow up to be Goatt Bandit

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/TBARRetribution/status/1474095053521960962

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
in kayfabe T-Bar looks like such a dork if he's advertising a taped match that he lost