Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Don't worry. We'll still care about you until you're 50+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

She was big for ratings and even a PPV buyrate. The Playboy issue was huge too. WWE trying to recapture the Sable formula for 15 years was terrible for women in the company but for a time Sable was a very big star. There have been a lot of men with no talent for wrestling who had a short period of sustained success but Jim really, really hates Sable for obvious reasons.

In what is a sympathetic moment with Corny before we stopped having those, I believe Sable is the one he had to listen to Vince and Kevin Dunn shriek about 'white cotton panties!' when he was on the booking committee.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cornette's interpretation of Sable was she was absolutely money driven and didn't give a single poo poo about being in WWE. AKA the model WWE employee.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Cornette's interpretation of Sable was she was absolutely money driven and didn't give a single poo poo about being in WWE. AKA the model WWE employee.

I don't know if that's true or not but *gestures at her husband*

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Whilst we know what Jim Cornette thinks about the in-ring and on TV stuff, (too many asians, not enough like it was in the 80s in half empty bingo halls), what are his thoughts on the recent wave of WWE sackings?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Whilst we know what Jim Cornette thinks about the in-ring and on TV stuff, (too many asians, not enough like it was in the 80s in half empty bingo halls), what are his thoughts on the recent wave of WWE sackings?

We will have to wait until a really weird youtube thumbnail pops up.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Does Corny actually comment on the WWE at all?

I could never bring myself to listen to him, but I only ever see his AEW comments brought up. I could see bashing the WWE as low hanging fruit, I guess.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

He bashes the WWE too but that doesn't bring in as many hate clicks.

MassRafTer posted:

We will have to wait until a really weird youtube thumbnail pops up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBo8uher9L0

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Vandar posted:

He bashes the WWE too but that doesn't bring in as many hate clicks.

Iooking at his youtube numbers he might actually becoming gold boated, his best rating stuff lately is the history, wwe stuff and the times he's positive about things in AEW.

He loves Eddie Kingston and people love hearing him talk about Eddie Kingston.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think he may have mocked Eddie's trashbag pants once. Only once tho.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The latest lovely take from Jim is that hospitals should refuse to treat deathmatch wrestlers who get injured as a result of doing deathmatches.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pylons posted:

The latest lovely take from Jim is that hospitals should refuse to treat deathmatch wrestlers who get injured as a result of doing deathmatches.

ok does he not know how much emergency room people love calm people covered in blood and foreign matter? The emergency room called Eric Ryan to thank him for letting them get the pop cans out of his back.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

coconono posted:

ok does he not know
yes

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
He and Bryan last are massive danhausen marks

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Changing my opinion from "I love Danhausen because goons whine about mEmE wReStlErS" to "I hate Danhausen because Cornette likes him"

I continue to have no informed stance on Danhausen I'm basing my opinion on spite alone.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

coconono posted:

ok does he not know how much emergency room people love calm people covered in blood and foreign matter? The emergency room called Eric Ryan to thank him for letting them get the pop cans out of his back.

Yeah I have an uncle who's an ER surgeon and by his accounts as long as your calm, not extremely on drugs/mentally ill then you're the best person he'll treat all day regardless of what's wrong with you.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

cagliostr0 posted:

gently caress's sake

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

my care was once delayed because the hospital had to take an indie mudshow deathmatch wrestler who was set on fire with a miller high life bottle stuck up his rear end

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I had to wait in the ER for three hours because some goober did some stunt falling off a scaffold on purpose.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

cagliostr0 posted:

This is a stretch. They think he talks funny and Cornette refuses to watch a match cause he knows he’ll hate him if he did.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

weekly font posted:

This is a stretch. They think he talks funny and Cornette refuses to watch a match cause he knows he’ll hate him if he did.
And they appreciate that the gimmick is self-aware in that the switch to being a meme wrestler was about Danhausen's yearning for bags of human money.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

weekly font posted:

They spent a decent amount of time talking about how smart his teeth gimmick is as well.

It flies in the face of their belief funny doesn't draw money.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

cagliostr0 posted:

They spent a decent amount of time talking about how smart his teeth gimmick is as well.

It flies in the face of their belief funny doesn't draw money.

Colt Cabana's account spotted.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

I had to wait in the ER for three hours because some goober did some stunt falling off a scaffold on purpose.

Did you have it coming?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

the first 45 seconds of this clip feel like an evil shadow realm cumtown riff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yats_GKbeQU

Also, Cornette defends AEW referencing WWE throughout the MJF/Punk promo because 1) it made the back-and-forth feel more real/personal and 2) the crowd is aware of all of the things being referenced and it's silly to pretend they aren't. He also notes that you'd never see anything that "real" or "legitimate" in WWE because of the ridiculous way they write and present promos. I imagine a lot of Cornette's true believers feel conflicted at this point lol

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

coconono posted:

I think he may have mocked Eddie's trashbag pants once. Only once tho.

I can't imagine he hasn't bagged on eddy for being overweight and in need of a tan considering he used to bag on Kevin Owens/Steen for it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Defenestrategy posted:

I can't imagine he hasn't bagged on eddy for being overweight and in need of a tan considering he used to bag on Kevin Owens/Steen for it.

Like I said, he only did it once at most because angering Eddie Kingston has always been ill-advised.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Defenestrategy posted:

He thinks Eddie's character justifies his appearance, and the only reason he ragged on Steen for that is because Steen talked back to him in ROH.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Destroy My Sweater posted:

the first 45 seconds of this clip feel like an evil shadow realm cumtown riff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yats_GKbeQU

Also, Cornette defends AEW referencing WWE throughout the MJF/Punk promo because 1) it made the back-and-forth feel more real/personal and 2) the crowd is aware of all of the things being referenced and it's silly to pretend they aren't. He also notes that you'd never see anything that "real" or "legitimate" in WWE because of the ridiculous way they write and present promos. I imagine a lot of Cornette's true believers feel conflicted at this point lol

Don't gotta hand it to Boko Haram and all, but it's funny how if Cornette is able to get over himself and give his shouty ranty stick in the mud gimmick a rest for 5 minutes, he can make valid and insightful points.

The racist prick is still welcome to gently caress off the nearest cliff, mind.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Almost managed to make it one loving month without pissing in his own mouth but of loving course.

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1474025368839413765

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Ah yes, those empty arenas and buildings that AEW is performing in. No fan in sight

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Lid posted:

Almost managed to make it one loving month without pissing in his own mouth but of loving course.

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1474025368839413765

Funny to see that a lot of the fan responses are “I normally love you Jim, but this is a bad take”, at least.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/RebyHardy/status/1474212605157945346

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

gently caress 'em up Reby

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Well which is it?

Are the stands gonna be empty or are they already empty? Ya dumbfuck.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
AEW draws more than Cornette's booking stints in NWA*, RoH, OVW or SMW in his entire runs

*did he have the book in the 80s in Jim Crockett before the downswing? Maybe the one exception.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Lid posted:

AEW draws more than Cornette's booking stints in NWA*, RoH, OVW or SMW in his entire runs

*did he have the book in the 80s in Jim Crockett before the downswing? Maybe the one exception.

Nope. He never had it. Was on a committee during the downswing iirc.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ah yes, AEW, famous for ejecting fans for yelling NEEDLE-DICK at MJF or KENNY NO-BALLS or FAT-FACED DIPSHIT. How dare they throw one transphobe out! That'll only leave 6898 fans in the building!

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
signs like that is exactly what would've been jim's goal if they had booked nyla the way he suggested

the sign is gross, jim's ideas are gross, but jim cant let it go

shut the gently caress up boomer indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

It's also part of a bigger thing where bigots diminish Transphobia/Racism/Sexism/Homophobia et al as "hurting someones feelings."

A way of blaming the victim for getting upset, and being able to say "what I did wasn't that bad."