Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
Man I wish i had a loaf of bread. I’d make some French toast right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Bread and books, or B&B as I call it. A staple for living a good life

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sebmojo posted:

Please, in the name of Santa the blessed yearking stop talking about bread and the books you read at school

:thunk:
ok....final fantasy mystic quest is better than fallout 3 :colbert:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
video games:

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Rutibex posted:

:thunk:
ok....final fantasy mystic quest is better than fallout 3 :colbert:

*Looks at title* wrong thread, pal

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Cyberpunk is better than Witcher 3.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the singleplayer and multiplayer modes in calladooty should be packaged and sold as separate unrelated games

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

hunger/thirst mods for skyrim are good because they give some actual use to all of the food items scattered about

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I want a star wars video game where you play as a guy who runs one of those bars where poo poo is always going down and people get killed in really terrible ways but for some reason you still have customers

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

signalnoise posted:

I want a star wars video game where you play as a guy who runs one of those bars where poo poo is always going down and people get killed in really terrible ways but for some reason you still have customers

That tossed coin is not enough to pay for the cleanup!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

gotta do it Disco Elysium style:

It's much more readable now!

*lol*

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Square-Enix just announced Parasite Steve.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
I have a possum named Steve who visits my porch. I fed him expired girl scout cookies last night.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/620258573246791711/923594743462637568/videozip_52.mp4

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
fattening him up, eh? smart.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

did they ever fix the issue where the latest CoD is the better part of a goddamned terabyte and can't be installed with any other games on the PS5 yet because occasionally i do get the craving for some dumb TDM but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck call of duty and activision until they get that loving poo poo fixed

i don't even have a 4k tv please stop forcing me to download 400 gbs of 4k textures or whatever the gently caress

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

signalnoise posted:

The entire bar is just smugglers, bounty hunters, and jedi

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

QuarkJets posted:

*Pounds table*

Where are the Twi'lek dancers!!????

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

Nah, some of them are gamblers, some of them offer the bounty contracts, and some of them tell the smugglers who wants what

But yeah that's pretty much it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

QuarkJets posted:

dont forget the jizz

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Caesar Saladin posted:

the best gameplay in any book doesn't match up to even the simplest video game.

:smug:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Rutibex posted:

dont forget the jizz

And the jizz wailers

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Bum the Sad posted:

I have a possum named Steve who visits my porch. I fed him expired girl scout cookies last night.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/620258573246791711/923594743462637568/videozip_52.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofp26_oc4CA

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/620258573246791711/923592963240652840/videozip_51.mp4

Later in the evening.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

drat that's the exact noise I made when I first saw that disco elysium screenshot

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

What the world needs is a new Peggle that is as overtop with the music as 2.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Disco Elysium is a high brow video game. SA is a high brow forum. That's why it is so popular here. But that doesn't mean everyone here is attracted to high brow media. Some people enjoy mindless killing games. And that's sad.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Like the ending of the last of us, disco elysium sucks because when it comes up people won't stop endlessly arguing about it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There is no world in which DE is high brow.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ilmucche posted:

Like the ending of the last of us, disco elysium sucks because when it comes up people won't stop endlessly arguing about it

see also :

-Spec Ops : The Line
-What is a roguelike
-Anime

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
DE is getting to Undertale status for me where each time I hear about it, I hate it more and more

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
League of legends is as popular as it is because it's the best game.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Remember guitar hero and all those plastic “instruments” now filling the worlds landfills? Lol it takes so much effort to get good just learn to play guitar. At least with Pac-Man and Dark Souls I can’t actually learn how to be a magical knight or a Pac-Man in real life for the same effort.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I have better ideas for games than everyone else

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Destiny 1 is still one of the best FPS games out there and the Taken War missions are the best series of story missions in any shooter.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Lucas Archer posted:

Destiny 1 is still one of the best FPS games out there and the Taken War missions are the best series of story missions in any shooter.

All the cool Destiny lore like the books of sorrow and such isn’t in the actual story though. If you weren’t an obsessive nerd like me who derives joy from learning about “Grontor, the Red Lord of the Cursed Realm” in all the item descriptions and such Destiny is just: “Go shoot that big robot gun-man.”

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

galagazombie posted:

All the cool Destiny lore like the books of sorrow and such isn’t in the actual story though. If you weren’t an obsessive nerd like me who derives joy from learning about “Grontor, the Red Lord of the Cursed Realm” in all the item descriptions and such Destiny is just: “Go shoot that big robot gun-man.”

I’m referring specifically to the missions, not all the background lore stuff. As levels, with enemy placement, boss fights, objectives, and in-mission dialogue and stuff.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i saw and then bought parasite eve today and this game is fuckin' hideous

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kntfkr posted:

i saw and then bought parasite eve today and this game is fuckin' hideous

ps1 graphics add to the horror

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

galagazombie posted:

Remember guitar hero and all those plastic “instruments” now filling the worlds landfills? Lol it takes so much effort to get good just learn to play guitar. At least with Pac-Man and Dark Souls I can’t actually learn how to be a magical knight or a Pac-Man in real life for the same effort.

So fun fact, I played Guitar Hero when it was a thing at parties and with friends and stuff. It was alright as a party game. A few years later I picked up an actual guitar (I just always wanted to) and learned. Real instruments are far more intuitive once you get past the "nothing is telling me explicitly what to press" thing. And once you get there Guitar Hero and stuff start feeling loving weird.

I don't even really enjoy Rocksmith, I'd rather just play.