Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

GoldenEvil Eye of Orms-By-Gore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Speaking of goldeneye, what is the point of arena without big head mode?

Alchemized cards should be like

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Speaking of goldeneye, what is the point of arena without big head mode?

Alchemized cards should be like

Historic format, slappers only

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

WIZARDS: After a great deal of feedback from the community, we've decided to ban Oddjob in Commander.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
"I find a Companion...indispensible."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 23, 2021

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

WIZARDS: After a great deal of feedback from the community, we've decided to ban Oddjob in Commander.

Finally, a bond joke i get (ive never seen any of the movies lol)

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I was super hyped when my dad said he found a sealed, shrink-wrapped box of magic cards in the basement from when I was a kid.

Turns out it's fallen empires, ha.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

I too laugh when my dad just finds $600-$700 in the basement.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sega 32X posted:

I was super hyped when my dad said he found a sealed, shrink-wrapped box of magic cards in the basement from when I was a kid.

Turns out it's fallen empires, ha.

make sure he doesn't open it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
How much is a set of fallen empires worth? 30 bucks? lol.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mcmagic posted:

How much is a set of fallen empires worth? 30 bucks? lol.

It's one Rainbow Veil, Mcmagic, what could it cost, ten dollars?

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

I too laugh when my dad just finds $600-$700 in the basement.

Well, yeah, I'm gonna try to not look a gift horse in the mouth, but with a quick check, if it was anything else from that era (other than homelands), it would be 2-25x that, and would be likely easier to sell for the mtggoldfish price. At least it's not homelands I guess.

My dad's a collector of dumb crap (and not dumb crap like now-expensive bourbon). He's got stuff worth way more, wish he found one of the dual lands I probably got rid of 20-25 years ago instead, those would be worth at least that much and way easier to liquidate.

Honestly I bet the pandemic/crypto-money-laundering bubble will somehow make him rich, despite my disbelief over the years, since we are in the dumbest timeline. Though checking a bunch of other things down there not much of this 90s-era collectibles-bubble crap has really appreciated much.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I am playing a pretty mediocre red/green deck in Premier Draft right now on arena but on this last match, my humble little 1/1 Snarling Wolf put in some serious work. Dealt 15 damage to the opponent over the game and killed 5 creatures. Granted I used some tricks, but still it was pretty amazing. Definitely the MVP of the deck right now.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Wait fallen empires boxes are 600 bucks now? Amazing. The most overprinted useless garbage set. There sure are some stupid speculators out there.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

https://twitter.com/fireshoes/status/1474038308519006213

MTGO is being moved from WOTC development to daybreak games, notable for being a company that mostly handles maintenance mode mmos.

imweasel09 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 23, 2021

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

imweasel09 posted:

MTGO is being moved from WOTC development to daybreak games, notable for being a company that mostly handles maintenance mode mmos.

quote:

Our short-term focus will be on ensuring the transition runs smoothly, that all our systems are supported, and players can continue to have fun with new card sets as they are released. We have a robust card set schedule in 2022, with Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty just around the corner (and previews starting soon!). Streets of New Capenna, Dominaria United, and The Brothers' War will all bring awesome worlds to explore, while Double Masters 2022 and Commander Legends: Battle for Baldur's Gate content are sure to spice up the eternal formats. We'll also continue to lean into offering new and exciting cubes and alternative play experiences, starting with a new spotlight cube in early January.
Double masters 2022 is going to spice up eternal formats?

quote:

Once our publisher transition is complete, you can expect to hear more about where the team wants to take the game in the future. Updating the battlefield with a focus on multiplayer and Commander play is still a very high priority for the team, along with continuing to modernize some of the underlying systems that run the game. Daybreak Games also brings decades of gaming experience and expertise to the table, and in collaboration with the MTGO team, will be exploring how their knowledge and skills can help improve and grow MTGO for years to come
On MTGO they need to update the battlefield to focus on commander?
There's no way multiplayer is popular on mtgo. (Because commander games take forever to fire and multiplayer queues never fill up)

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Dec 23, 2021

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

it's more like there are fewer and fewer boxes of it left so anything that's still sealed will be worth something because it's old and not a lot of people kept it.

if no one wants their fallen empire cards i'm looking for 4 goblin grenades with this art style: https://scryfall.com/card/fem/56b/goblin-grenade. i'll pay $1 + the stamp.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Wait fallen empires boxes are 600 bucks now? Amazing. The most overprinted useless garbage set. There sure are some stupid speculators out there.

I think its more scarcity then speculation

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

imweasel09 posted:

What does this mean for MTGO redemption?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jabor posted:

What does this mean for MTGO redemption?

Nothing.
Or at least they say they're trying to make it seemless

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

mandatory lesbian posted:

I think its more scarcity then speculation

Yeah I'm willing to be enough fallen empires got sold off cheap over the last 25 years the surplus is gone now, especially in regards to sealed boxes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

imweasel09 posted:

Also known for laundering money from the Russian mob

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Yeah Fallen Empires was the go-to cheap pack from ancient sets for chaos drafts and similar shenanigans, but it’s a finite well to draw from.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Also known for laundering money from the Russian mob

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

HootTheOwl posted:

It's one Rainbow Veil, Mcmagic, what could it cost, ten dollars?

Looks like 4 bucks for a MP copy on TCGPlayer lol. Is that the most expensive card in the set?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ninjitsu my griselbrand

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yoji Shinkawa ftw

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
Holy poo poo that's some fantastic art! :pusheen:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yoji Shinkawa ftw

:hmmyes:

This card is gonna be another commander that people will get salty over because you can just ninjutsu so much busted poo poo into play lol

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
In case anyone had any doubt about ninjas coming up:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Why hello there Sneak Attack On A Stick In Griselbrand's Colors

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Someone draw Ulamog with a Naruto headband tia

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Hell yes. Keep it coming with these Japanese artists. Yoji Shinkawa Magic card art, so awesome.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 24, 2021

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

mcmagic posted:

Looks like 4 bucks for a MP copy on TCGPlayer lol. Is that the most expensive card in the set?

Seems it. Next closest is, of all things, Thrull Champion

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

GonSmithe posted:

Hell yes. Keep it coming with these Japanese artists. Yoji Shinkawa Magic card art, so awesome.

Do you remember it Snake? The feel of battle. The clashing of bone and sinew!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
And of course it doesn't die to bolt.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Do you remember it Snake? The feel of battle. The clashing of bone and sinew!

The sword of Sinew and Steel?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

the value of fallen empires is actually in its commons so a box is probably worth a lot more than a set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

GonSmithe posted:

hmm he's using black oil to enhance his abilities? probably nothing

and yeah I'll get this card in every version