Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe

Zil posted:

Is it first person only, or is third person view an option?
It's mostly 3rd person, if I remember rightly most guns are over the shoulder 3rd person aimed and snipers (and certain scope types) are first person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kc6lEi_9Ts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

siralim 3 (I think) is on the switch and is great to play there

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's mostly 3rd person, if I remember rightly most guns are over the shoulder 3rd person aimed and snipers (and certain scope types) are first person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kc6lEi_9Ts

Oh cool, yeah first person games have been giving me motion sickness lately.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Finger Prince posted:

The division 2 is tons of fun. It's plays like a weird combination of battlefield and fallout 4, squeezed through the ubisoftinator. I love how varied the gun varieties are, and how you can swap between a bunch of loadouts depending on how you feel like playing and what the environment you're in is. I love the shotguns in particular. It's going to take me forever to get through though, since I have a patholical need to clear every sub mission in a map section before moving on to the next.

This game does seem to own based on the few hours I've played so far. I really like the inventory system and weapon modding as well. The double barreled shotgun rules cause it's pretty much game over if it connects, it's fun to run up and blast dudes.

It's also nice that I can login and play for like half an hour, then put it down and still feel like I did something.

Farecoal

There he go
I forgot how wonderful The Sims 1 soundtrack is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKnkQdsITUE

The build mode pieces are especially good

Scaly Haylie

something i've very recently wanted to do is boot up that sims 2 complete collection thingy that ea gave out when people were disappointed about sims 4, because i never really spent too much time with sims 2 and its expansions

Farecoal

There he go
despite my previous post i think i played sims 2 more than 1, although altogether it's a lot of time either way! both were endlessly entertaining as a kid

StupidSexyMothman

the series peaked at sims 2 university, i might have to dig out my discs and figure out a way to reinstall

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

IGgy IGsen posted:

Finally back at my computer and not at work, here's mine.

The most recent one is Fire Pro Wrestling World with a custom cover image. I basically run a show in that game that I actually produce so it's my most recent game most of the time.

ZeroRanger is one I definitely recommend if you're into shmups, It's more than meets the eye and I keep coming back to that one.

messenger, jimmy, and circile of tha moon all rule. i should log in and post my 10.

Bobby Deluxe

I sort of wanted to get a Sims game but 4 looks absolutely obscene with the way they've split up the content.

idiotsavant
time 2 figure out starsector I guess, seems pretty fun but I always dread the part of complex tactical games where you have to figure all the poo poo out

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I sort of wanted to get a Sims game but 4 looks absolutely obscene with the way they've split up the content.

sims 4 is rear end. sims 2 is where it's at

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Farecoal

There he go
I only played Sims 3 a little bit but I remember liking the open world concept, shame they didn't keep it for 4

Finger Prince

I could never get in to the sims. Way too much complaining from the sims and micromanaging them.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
yeah like if i wanted to watch someone cry at the thought of a grandfather clock and then spend the next 4 hours staring at a wall id turn on nest cam

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
sims 2 is the last version where people peeing their pants and collapsing on the floor into a puddle of their own piss was fun

loopsheloop
i am reading old threads in games and chortling at the phrase "my hard earned dollars"

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I tried Zero Ranger but I'm really bad at that kind of game I think. I got up to level 4? Pretty hectic.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

I know I'm late to this particular party, but Disco Elysium is a very fine old-school role playing game. The backgrounds are gorgeous the new Final Cut version voice acting is top-notch and the depth of the skill tree is pretty insane. As is the main character if you spec correctly. (Dumping every skill point into the weird esoteric skills like Inland Empire and Shivers changes the game dramatically). Very weird and very fun. You can go just crazy enough that inanimate objects and dead people become NPCs that have fully voiced dialogue trees.

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I've started that one up two or three times but I always bounce off and play something more gamey. I need to just commit and see it through because I've heard nothing but good stuff about it.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
aw man i gotta get zero ranger now, that's my favorite style of shmup

also is it just me or is there like nobody playing division 2? matchmaking never goes anywhere no matter what category i pick and i only rarely get calls for backup
granted i am only level 11

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Jolo

ZeroRanger does a nice thing where you gradually get more continues so you'll get better from playing but also get more chances to get further. It works well.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
I've been playing Ring Fit Adventure on the Switch this year, I've racked up about 25 hours play time, and now I have MUSCLES. Actual muscles, made by Nintendo. Super Mario muscles. Amazing

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVyx2GoPzTg
Watching them fall
Burst into flames
wiiiiiith bazookaaaaas

kalel

Mortal shell is surprisingly good.

Dr. Honked posted:

I've been playing Ring Fit Adventure on the Switch this year, I've racked up about 25 hours play time, and now I have MUSCLES. Actual muscles, made by Nintendo. Super Mario muscles. Amazing

that's sweet af

Jolo

My goodness, Inscryption is really good. I had a great time with the demo and the full game has so much variety and is just drippppinnng in atmosphere.

I highly recommend checking out the demo on Steam. If you like what's there, the whole game can be bought for super cheap on the Epic Games Store with their $10 off $15+ coupons. I think it's around $6.

kalel

does the epic games store have its own client or something, or can you download the games straight

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

kalel posted:

does the epic games store have its own client or something, or can you download the games straight

Its own client

Jolo

Yeah, once they're downloaded I'm not sure if you can just launch them like on Gog or if you have to log in. I think you have to log in but I usually end up playing from shortcuts outside of the Epic App

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
You might be able to add those games to steam and launch it that way

Scaly Haylie

Finger Prince posted:

I could never get in to the sims. Way too much complaining from the sims and micromanaging them.

Just gotta pick one or two to be the main character and let everyone else be on autopilot, but also around when you need them

Finger Prince

Scaly Haylie posted:

Just gotta pick one or two to be the main character and let everyone else be on autopilot, but also around when you need them

Oh I mean just the one main character. I remember playing and he had a crisis because he couldn't piss and it's like goddamn dude the toilet is right there you need me to hold your dick? And crying because the place was a mess, well loving clean it then! Then crying that cleaning isn't fun. Yeah no poo poo, welcome to life. Done with this fuckin game.

Jolo

Well dang, Inscryption is really really cool and fun up until the point where it's not. I'd still recommend it but my enjoyment of it has plummeted so hard after such a strong opening.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

itry

Finger Prince posted:

Oh I mean just the one main character. I remember playing and he had a crisis because he couldn't piss and it's like goddamn dude the toilet is right there you need me to hold your dick? And crying because the place was a mess, well loving clean it then! Then crying that cleaning isn't fun. Yeah no poo poo, welcome to life. Done with this fuckin game.

Having a character at all is where you went wrong. The Sims was/is only good for playing (a limited version of) AutoCAD.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Getting back into Sekiro and beating Owl Father and all the optional enemies so I can say I actually 100% beat it. It's not going well.

Pro Target

it doesnt count unless you do it charmless + demon bell :twisted:

Pro Target fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 24, 2021

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Pro Target posted:

it doesnt count unless you do it charmless + demon bell :twisted:

I'd rather face Demon of Hatred in real life.

Farecoal

There he go
I completed my two playthroughs of Dark Souls 3 last night. I have to say, I think it's my least favorite Dark Souls. Still good, bit I think they put too much Bloodborne in it. Also gently caress Midir

kalel

sekiro, Bloodborne and dark souls 3 are awesome as hell imho.

Farecoal posted:

I completed my two playthroughs of Dark Souls 3 last night. I have to say, I think it's my least favorite Dark Souls. Still good, bit I think they put too much Bloodborne in it. Also gently caress Midir

every game needs more Bloodborne in it :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
the last hack n slash game where the controls were PERFECT imo was ninja gaiden black. Although it's not like I really keep up with the genre. It just felt so smooth

Zeroranger rules, totally worth getting and it's on sale