Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

his reaction to "merv" got a lol out of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
This movie was so dumb. The whole joke was “lol I don’t even wanna make this but they’re making me” but it shouldn’t excuse this stupid turd for being a pointless dumb meandering piece of poo poo

It’s also the best matrix sequel

Edit: also I predicted it would just be the exact same movie as the first. I was wrong, so I guess it gets points for that

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Colonel Cancer posted:

The bad guy is the audience for helping this movie get made

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

The movie spends 30-40mins retelling the premise and events of the original Matrix, except infinitely less impactful. Lana's meta commentary doesn't make up for that portion being terrible.

It was nice to see Keanu and Carrie onscreen together again though.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I am willing to accept that I might be in a fake reality, but the whole "machines use us for living batteries" idea just doesn't work. So the fake reality I am trapped in is definitely not "The Matrix".

That always bugged me about this setting. It's fine for just the first movie. It doesn't matter. He knows Kung Fu. There's guns. But the more in-depth you go and the more you build on it, the more the original premise cracks under the strain. The Matrix would, 100%, be a net loss on raw energy generation. There's no way around that, no matter how much technobabble you throw in.

There are so many other reasons why people might be trapped in a realistic simulation (either against their will, or maybe even originally with their full cooperation) and they picked one that makes no sense.

They had a huge chance to correct this stupid mistake from the OG movie as apparently WB thought their original idea was too complex? but instead it was more important to recycle beloved characters as loving hobo's ranting about...sequels? Didn't the wachowski's make the biggest loving sequels of all time @ 300million before? but now its stupid and bad and this movie is shot like garbage its an inside joke teehee

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I made myself cum with my mind

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
movie good, so what

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Movie was dumb as hell but also extremely good. Second best Matrix.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I just realized if they can take stuff out of the Matrix and grow it in real life, and they just inherited a Resurrection machine

lawrence fishburne Star Trek 3 the Search for Morpheus confirmed

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah the 'humans as batteries' never made any sense at all, i always read it as the studio saying 'hey you gotta put in something really super simple so idiots can get it'. would always have made more sense that the matrix needed the power of human brains to run or something

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Mozi posted:

yeah the 'humans as batteries' never made any sense at all, i always read it as the studio saying 'hey you gotta put in something really super simple so idiots can get it'. would always have made more sense that the matrix needed the power of human brains to run or something

a throwaway line about 'you know the 10% of the brain you use? they're using the other 90%' is a better explanation

and then never talk about it again

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Vampire Panties posted:

a throwaway line about 'you know the 10% of the brain you use? they're using the other 90%' is a better explanation

and then never talk about it again

This would have improved the movie immensely and the thought of what might have been really bugs me a lot more than it should.

Kind of like how much better Star Wars: Return of the Jedi would have been if the Ewoks had been Wookees.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
No morpheus no sale

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Pimpcasso posted:

No morpheus no sale

Fauxpheus was one of the best parts of the movie

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I stand by my statement :colbert:

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
There were a lot of points where I felt the movie was written by someone who watched Attitude Era WWF, and it was like the movie kept blaming me for it existing and the swarm mode is a literal take on Twitter or Reddit or whatever and all this non-stop super on the nose poo poo.

But the visuals were kinda neat, so 6/10 Matrixes. Second best at least.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

The whole joke was “lol I don’t even wanna make this but they’re making me” but it shouldn’t excuse this stupid turd for being a pointless dumb meandering piece of poo poo

don't sign your posts

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Ok ok, hear me out. What if we do the Matrix again, but this time add zombies!

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

JetSetGo posted:

There were a lot of points where I felt the movie was written by someone who watched Attitude Era WWF, and it was like the movie kept blaming me for it existing and the swarm mode is a literal take on Twitter or Reddit or whatever and all this non-stop super on the nose poo poo.

Every piece of media these days needs an allusion to how internet denizens are like an angry swarm of mindless monsters. I get it. I already know what I am.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nice Van My Man posted:

Every piece of media these days needs an allusion to how internet denizens are like an angry swarm of mindless monsters. I get it. I already know what I am.

I have a quick piece of advice for you.
Stop consuming that media, you addict.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

what color pills they got in that matrix these days?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
After I had to invert a 5x5 matrix via row reduction and showing every step plus proving it was correct and not using a calculator, during a timed test with 40 other questions, I have had quite enough of these "matrices" thabks

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Watched an hour or so of it, was actually somewhat disappointed I couldn't stay up and watch the rest.

Doogie Howser using the actual words "bullet time" as his grand plot to control Neo and Trinity was pretty stupid.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

a mysterious cloak posted:

Watched an hour or so of it, was actually somewhat disappointed I couldn't stay up and watch the rest.

Doogie Howser using the actual words "bullet time" as his grand plot to control Neo and Trinity was pretty stupid.
ironic, no?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

a mysterious cloak posted:

Are you loving kidding me? That was a cinematographic technique, not a plot device. I'm glad I was spoiled so I don't have to pay to see this dreck.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I was not expecting the part where maskless freedom fighters shot up an unarmed train of masked zombies

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Bad Purchase posted:

what color pills they got in that matrix these days?

A really pretty, super bright blue and an equally bright but perhaps not quite as nice red.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Who What Now posted:

Are you loving kidding me? That was a cinematographic technique, not a plot device. I'm glad I was spoiled so I don't have to pay to see this dreck.

The entire movie is very meta. There’s literally a scene where they are brainstorming ideas for a fourth Matrix.

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

Its really bad.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

HD DAD posted:

The entire movie is very meta. There’s literally a scene where they are brainstorming ideas for a fourth Matrix.

FFS. Do they at least get to do the explicit trans allegory that they wanted to do originally?

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Who What Now posted:

FFS. Do they at least get to do the explicit trans allegory that they wanted to do originally?

During the brainstorm one person says the matrix is about "trans-politics" but unless I missed it, there weren't any trans characters in the movie.

aceface
Dec 27, 2017

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Lister posted:

During the brainstorm one person says the matrix is about "trans-politics" but unless I missed it, there weren't any trans characters in the movie.

Yes this totally surprised me

Very safe boring movie

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
They were really phoning in the internet culture references, like the guy named Chad boning computer nerd Keanu’s crush.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Smeef posted:

They were really phoning in the internet culture references, like the guy named Chad boning computer nerd Keanu’s crush.

that guys name is actually chad. the reason he is trinitys husband is that he was keanus stunt double for the matrix, so he is literally a facsimile of the guy she actually wants to be with

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
sucked balls

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It's really good y'all are babies

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Does that cake that makes you bust come back in this one?

aceface
Dec 27, 2017

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
More than half the movie was the characters explaining the loving movie. The writers were too lazy to make a movie so they were like "let's have the characters stand there and say what we wish to convey in this convoluted clusterfuck. That way we don't have to put the effort into coming up with an actual movie that does this through an actual story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

jsoh posted:

that guys name is actually chad. the reason he is trinitys husband is that he was keanus stunt double for the matrix, so he is literally a facsimile of the guy she actually wants to be with

lmao