Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Azhais posted:

You want sterile tiles and cleanliness. I don't think the other furniture matters

Furniture doesn't matter for infection chance, but hospital beds give a boost to infection immunity gain, as do vitals monitors. For the best chance at not getting an infection in the first place, you want sterile tiles and a clean room free of dirt, blood, vomit, or other substances.

I use the mod Common Sense, which among other things, has doctors do a quick sweep of the room after tending to bleeding wounds and before doing surgeries.

edit: forgot the mod link
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1561769193

Duct Tape Engineer fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Dec 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I was worried i was gonna have all my animals starve over winter because not enough hay, so i took everything and converted it to kibble instead, figured cutting the hay with meat would stretch it.

I still ended up having to cut into a huge portion of my survival meals -- a trader came by with horses, and I didn't know when i'd have a chance to get them again so I jumped on it.

I decided to hunker down until animals could graze again and spent all this time hunting, deconstructing everything, and converting everything to art, or extra fabrics into dusters. Every time a trader came by i bought all their food and meds and sold until they had no money, so I have a dragon hoard of silver which i think is a pretty lightweight way to do it, at least better than raw jade chunks.

The fabric i should have left alone because i got a trade request for 17 tshirts, but :shrug: what you gonna do? I think i would have had enough to pull it off, if you can make them from patchleather.

I got a request to destroy a pirate camp, which i think i can swing. It expires after the grass comes back so i guess i can just break loose and bail the second it happens. It's almost certain I'm gonna get ambushed tho, dragging all this cash around. We'll see what happens.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
There wouldn't happen to be a mod that, through gameplay, let me change a species of a pawn to another species? I found one that lets me access a menu to just do it, but I'd like one that requires me to do something/spend resources to do it.

And I reinstalled and now going through the list, any really interesting ones that showed up since Ideology released?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Leal posted:

There wouldn't happen to be a mod that, through gameplay, let me change a species of a pawn to another species? I found one that lets me access a menu to just do it, but I'd like one that requires me to do something/spend resources to do it.

And I reinstalled and now going through the list, any really interesting ones that showed up since Ideology released?

I'm pretty sure Pawnmorpher has this as an option.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
One of the consciousness transferral mods might fit as well. Questionable Ethics, Altered Carbon, maybe Android Tiers?

cugel
Jan 22, 2010

Leal posted:

Here is two:

[BETA] Simple Warrants: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2676828755
For your bounty hunting needs.

Alpha Memes: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2661356814
More memes is always good.

edit: The orc who destroyed the leg of one of my incapable of violence pawn just got delivered. So the creating a warrant part of the mod seems to work fine.

another edit: A transport pod full of milk is worth a +199 relationship boost, so the orc tribe who was pissed that we captured one of them to rip his tongue is an ally again. lmao

cugel fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Dec 20, 2021

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
Double posting for the math:

A drop pod can load 150 kilogrammes of stuff. A unit of milk is 50 grammes on the tooltip but 45 grammes when loading the pod. The milk unit worth is $1.90. There was 3333 units of milk in that drop pod, so I gifted the equivalent of 6332,7 silver.

So 150 Liters of milk is instant friendship. Trying to gift 6333 silver only give + 142 relationship. I don't have a point with all of that, it's just interesting.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
due to bad luck and not as good planning as i should have done, i wasn't able to make it all the way from my crash site to the deactivated ship in one caravan trip. About 20 days of food too short, and too slow. Out of money and running out of food the only thing to do was hunker down in the desert and try to get enough supplies together to not only make it there but keep it. It's in the middle of the tundra.

On the upside we've arrived with 10 muffalo + 2 calves, and 4 horses, so if we can't get food hunted we can just eat muffalo steaks for a while. I was able to bring all the uranium by making it into 2 plate armors and a mace.

We were ambushed only 1 time but it did end with someones pinky getting destroyed, apparently the armor does nothing.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Base game armor, from what I remember, doesn't cover the hands.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Or feet!

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

This looks pretty cool but I haven't messed with the base Ideology stuff enough to want all the extra memes, anyone know of a way to just get the styled guns/furniture this adds?

cugel
Jan 22, 2010

CRAYON posted:

This looks pretty cool but I haven't messed with the base Ideology stuff enough to want all the extra memes, anyone know of a way to just get the styled guns/furniture this adds?

Lol, there is a mod for that: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2633276599

Disclaimer, I've never used it.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

cugel posted:

Double posting for the math:

A drop pod can load 150 kilogrammes of stuff. A unit of milk is 50 grammes on the tooltip but 45 grammes when loading the pod. The milk unit worth is $1.90. There was 3333 units of milk in that drop pod, so I gifted the equivalent of 6332,7 silver.

So 150 Liters of milk is instant friendship. Trying to gift 6333 silver only give + 142 relationship. I don't have a point with all of that, it's just interesting.

If some strange people gave me 150 liters of milk with no strings attached, I'd be well predisposed to at least hear them out. But if they also happened to be the local cannibals and/or dressed in human leather coats, I'd probably try to limit any further contact.

cugel
Jan 22, 2010

Hungry posted:

If some strange people gave me 150 liters of milk with no strings attached, I'd be well predisposed to at least hear them out. But if they also happened to be the local cannibals and/or dressed in human leather coats, I'd probably try to limit any further contact.

My dudes are eco-capitalist furries this time. Only two of nineteen are cannibals and they aren't allowed to butcher my enemies.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

cugel posted:

Lol, there is a mod for that: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2633276599

...You have no idea for how long have I searched for something like this. Thanks! :woop:

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

cugel posted:

haha of course there is, thanks I'll give it a shot after work.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
Randy, my man, my people are starving in this long winter. I know I was focused on raiding rather than farming or ranching and am undeserving of your gifts, but, uh, 4 Gaumaker dryads join? I don't even have a tree!

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
With my last base able to survive 300 odd pawn raids I decided to start a new game. Extreme desert again, but this time unlike the last one with an eternal summer and endless growing season, this one is too hot for plants to survive and has no growing season. My first pawn to join is a wanderer event that happens almost immediately and it's someone who can't do dumb labour. On the plus side, their gear is all rated excellent, and they have 19 (!) in shooting and 11 in art. I take a risk and crack open an ancient danger. Two Daggersnouts and a Phalanx, and all three happily attack one at a time. Easy. The other ancient danger just has bugs. Lots of bugs, but with plenty of kiting they all die in fairly short order. I open the two cryptosleep pods in the first ancient danger, and two people fall onto the floor incapacitated. One's human, the other is an android. Both have really good gear and are terrible pawns, so I strip them and leave them to die, moving my gear in next to them. Two days in and I have two great pawns in excellent and good quality recon gear with great guns. And then I notice there's an abandoned geothermal generator nearby. I claim it and start installing aircon and lights to my new base. At this point the android pawn finally dies. The android as it turns out, has a black box fitted. It detonates with the force of a small nuclear device. Randy giveth, Randy taketh away.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

cugel posted:

[BETA] Simple Warrants: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2676828755
For your bounty hunting needs.

Oh cool, I liked the bounty mechanic in the Vanilla Expanded cowboy mod.

Zore posted:

I'm pretty sure Pawnmorpher has this as an option.

I looked at that, you can turn pawns into animals but can I change say a human into a kobold through this?

Also I found this mod and holy poo poo

Vanilla Outposts Expanded

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Leal posted:

Oh cool, I liked the bounty mechanic in the Vanilla Expanded cowboy mod.

I looked at that, you can turn pawns into animals but can I change say a human into a kobold through this?

Ah, no. Pawnmorpher lets you change a pawn into any kind of animal or a weird animal hybrid or a horrifying chimera made of multiple people but pawns have a base 'playable' race that they will always revert back to with a reversion serum or whatever. I thought they had an option to change that but apparently it isn't a thing.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Holy poo poo :stare:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2580818414&searchtext=

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Leal posted:

Also I found this mod and holy poo poo

Vanilla Outposts Expanded

This looks amazing. Finally a reason to recruit pawns that are not a good fit for your colony but have useful skills.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

cugel posted:

So I gave this a try and it definitely seems like it does the job of selectively activating parts of mods.. but the way you do it is just a huge list of every change all your mods make with checkboxes to toggle. For small mods it's probably perfect but for something like Alpha Memes, which requires two prerequisite mods to work it's pretty hard to parse what can be toggled off safely. Like I don't even know what Vanilla Expanded Framework does, is it just a framework for modders and does nothing until you install mods that use it, or does the framework itself make some changes?

tldr; the tool made my eyes glaze over but i could see it being quite useful for people that want to take the time

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
Let's see if I post it in the right thread this time, I make dumb little cannon boxes

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Base game is 10% off for the sale, if you're on the fence :dumb:

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

This is awesome. Buggy AF but I'm having fun with it.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Leal posted:

Base game is 10% off for the sale, if you're on the fence :dumb:

fuckin lol

rimworld continuing to refuse to go on sale (meaningfully) even with 2 expansion-price DLCs available

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can't really argue that it needs to though given how popular it is :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Was hoping Royalty would've been on sale but nope. Can't really talk poo poo though, it at full price is cheaper than the majority of my wish list despite them being 40%+ off.

Also I found the best mod

Party Life meme just got livelier

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
The disco! mod is great.

Hunting boomalopes and using laser weaponry with the ongoing drought was a mistake.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

cugel posted:

The disco! mod is great.

Hunting boomalopes and using laser weaponry with the ongoing drought was a mistake.

looks like you paved your entire compound first, though, so that seems fine

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

cugel posted:

The disco! mod is great.

Beautiful base you have there, it would be a sssshame if something happened to it.

(yes I did have to reload to stop this from happening inside my base)

https://i.imgur.com/5QJffLS.mp4

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
I get the appeal of Randy but sometimes it is a bit much. When I get a second raid party, from the same settlement, before the first party has even entered my base and then a pack of 20 man killer beavers before I am done with the fight that pretty much means its time to start a new colony.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I have some questions.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

side_burned posted:

I get the appeal of Randy but sometimes it is a bit much. When I get a second raid party, from the same settlement, before the first party has even entered my base and then a pack of 20 man killer beavers before I am done with the fight that pretty much means its time to start a new colony.
Yeah the main advantage to Randy is that it's the only vanilla storyteller that doesn't ramp up infinitely over time so it's the only one that allows for really long games. The downside is... yeah pretty much that. :v: There's still some scaling so early threats won't be too severe but there's nothing stopping it from dropping three or four over the space of a day if the dice roll bad.

Admittedly in that case it sounded potentially survivable. Just hide inside and let the beavers attack the raiders! Whoever wins would be drastically weakened. Taking advantage of rare random bullshit like that is half the run of the game.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Leal posted:

I have some questions.

Tfw you're a supremacist but the humans are keeping you as an "alien" slave

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Asimo posted:

Admittedly in that case it sounded potentially survivable. Just hide inside and let the beavers attack the raiders! Whoever wins would be drastically weakened. Taking advantage of rare random bullshit like that is half the run of the game.

I won the fights thanks to my warg pack but my base was a mess, everyone needed medical attention to some degree or another and colonist where breaking left and right so it was hard for anyone to get treated and basic tasks where going ignored let alone clean up and repairs. After two of my colonist died another broke then broke the woodfire generator that was keeping my food frozen and one colonist with high enough construction couldn't walk. After that my food supply was done for.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Does age effect movement speed? I have a brawler pawn that is a full 1 c/s slower than another good melee pawn and the only thing I can figure is age.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

CRAYON posted:

Does age effect movement speed? I have a brawler pawn that is a full 1 c/s slower than another good melee pawn and the only thing I can figure is age.

Their bio page will tell you how their speed is calculated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Current Rimworld playthrough expectations: raising a grand temple to the dark gods and performing human sacrifice in return for terrible powers.

Current Rimworld playthrough reality: getting food poisoning from drinking dinosaur blood in a hut made entirely out of bone in a baking hot desert.