Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Red Oktober posted:

Weirdly introspective Blower there. Very odd.

Great signs from Rowson though.

I can't fundamentally argue with nuking Woking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Of all things "tech" that Guardian Australian Sport cartoon could pick as an example its the Slashdot logo but reversed ? :shrug:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson’s continuing troubles over parties – Illicit get-togethers are a headache for the prime minister as the festive season gets under way" Based on Mairi's Wedding.

Telegraph:

Brace for more restrictions, warns cinema chief

Matt:

Omicron leads many UK schools to close early for Christmas

Independent:

UK reports 88,376 new Covid cases amid warning over Omicron hospitalisations

Times:

Evening Standard:

North Shropshire byelection earthquake delivers unhappy Christmas for Boris Johnson

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson’s post-byelection party — Boris Johnson has said he accepts responsibility for his party’s crushing defeat in the North Shropshire byelection but also defiantly blamed the media for focusing on ‘politics and politicians’" :ironicat:

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson warned he has ‘one last chance’ as Tories threaten vote of no confidence

Matt:

Independent:

After Millais.

Times:

After Fragonard.

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"After the North Shropshire byelection – A disconsolate Boris Johnson tries to recapture the party spirit…"

Sunday Telegraph:

Tories give Boris Johnson months to improve … or go

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ah yes, now that Johnson has delivered everything the Tories asked of him it is time to remove him.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

evilmiera posted:

Ah yes, now that Johnson has delivered everything the Tories asked of him it is time to remove him.

Yes, but not everything has gone perfectly, with their opponents begging for forgiveness as they see how wrong they were about everything

This means that they must have been deliberately betrayed, and not that their ideas were bad

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on the mounting pressure on Boris Johnson – No sooner has the prime minister put one crisis behind him than another rears up"

Telegraph:

Sage seeks 'immediate' curtailment of indoor mixing, putting Christmas gatherings at risk

Independent:

Brexit minister’s shock resignation leaves Boris Johnson reeling; How Lord Frost exit got Nadine Dorries deleted from Tory WhatsApp group

Times:

Australia thrash England by 275 runs in second Ashes Test to take 2-0 series lead

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson and staff pictured with wine in Downing Street garden in May 2020

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the two faces of Boris Johnson — Downing Street has defended a photograph showing Boris Johnson, his wife and up to 17 staff seemingly having drinks in the Downing Street garden during the first lockdown"

Telegraph:

Matt:

England are getting worse — Joe Root and Chris Silverwood may not survive this Ashes humiliation

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson’s Christmas rules — Boris Johnson has warned further measures remain on the table, with data on the threat of Omicron monitored ‘hour by hour’"

Telegraph:

Pubs and restaurants face worst January on record without further support

Matt:

£1bn taxpayer bill to cover festive washout for pubs and restaurants

Independent:

Chatting over cheese and wine: anatomy of Downing Street lockdown gathering

Times:

Time to trust the people, but not the scientists, urges Jacob Rees-Mogg

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson: the seven days of Covid Christmas – After a lengthy and divided cabinet meeting, the PM decided against fresh curbs despite the spread of Omicron"

Telegraph:

New Year’s Eve plans in England may have to be cancelled, says minister

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on a lack of help to ease Covid pressures on the NHS – With experts warning there is still a risk the health service could be overwhelmed by the Omicron variant, the government has as yet no plans to take new measures in England"

Telegraph:

Matt:

‘This isn’t right’: Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson voices player welfare fears

Times:

Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon of 2021.

Merry Christmas everyone! I'll see you in a few days!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That famous story about a man who wanted to do all the right things until some ghosts showed up to mislead him.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Guavanaut posted:

That famous story about a man who wanted to do all the right things until some ghosts showed up to mislead him.

The Telegraph has probably printed one of those "In Defense of Scrooge" columns at one point

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observers/Guardians:
"Keeping Omicron at bay – ‘Tis the season to be… vaccinated"
"Nicola Jennings on Boris Johnson’s party hangover – Cabinet ministers vying to succeed Boris Johnson have been warned by Tory colleagues that they will damage their chances unless they stridently oppose further Covid measures in England"
"Rebecca Hendin on an unwanted gift – England reports record 113,638 new Covid cases on Christmas Day"
"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson and boosterism – PM loses lustre with voters and MPs as UK sets new record for daily Covid cases"
"Ben Jennings on rising Covid cases and New Year’s Eve – Boris Johnson has said people should take a ‘cautious and sensible’ approach to new year celebrations as cases in the UK reach record levels"
"Lorna Miller on the end of another year dominated by Covid– 2022 arrives with Britain in a similar place to where it was a year ago"

Telegraphs:
Boxing Day hunts to go ahead despite Covid and calls for ban
Energy crisis: Kwasi Kwarteng’s talks with industry bosses bring no result
UK households warned of ‘year of the squeeze’ as cost of living soars

Matts:

Independents:
Lack of lateral flow tests is ‘huge’ problem, UK pharmacies warn
Ghislaine Maxwell found guilty in sex-trafficking trial

Timeseseseseses:
Giuffre lawyers seek details on Prince Andrew’s claimed inability to sweat

Evening Standard:
2021 in cartoons: The best of Christian Adams

:yaycloud: Thanks to you for reading the thread, and have a super-great 2022! :yayclod:

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Happy New Year cartoon lovers, cartoonist haters and strange art history types who enjoy the bastardisation of masterpieces otherwise not discovered - and especially to Cloud Potato for running the thread for 99.9% of the year :toot: :yaycloud:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Happy new year to all my fellow eejits who can't help looking at this shite every day :v:

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Pilchenstein posted:

Happy new year to all my fellow eejits who can't help looking at this shite every day :v:

Happy new year. Every. Day.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Seamus Jennings on Boris Johnson going into the new year – As the calendar moves from 2021 to 2022, confirmed Covid cases in the UK hit a new daily record of nearly 190,000, the cost of the No 11 flat renovation is still in the news – and the PM is still clinging to his job"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
ty for your service Cloud Potato it's v much appreciated

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Keeping a wary eye out for Boris Johnson in 2022 – Out with the old warnings, in with the new"

Sunday Telegraph:

UK Covid test shortage amid new year parties ‘very worrying’, says scientist

Yesterday's i paper:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
what in the gently caress

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think it's lovely that they have an open marriage.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Sunday Times going in hard

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Boris Johnson v Tory backbenchers – Prime minister begins 2022 behind Labour in the polls following a string of damaging crises"

Telegraph:

Backlash against face masks in secondary schools as Covid cases ease

Independent:

6m UK homes may be unable to pay energy bills after price hike, charity warns

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on driverless cars and the Tories – Boris Johnson has rejected the idea that relatively limited Covid restrictions in England amounted to a gamble as Omicron cases continue to rise"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Schools in England told to wear masks in class as fears mount of Omicron surge

Times:

Veteran tells Prince Andrew to step down from Grenadier Guards

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the pressures facing the NHS as Omicron spreads – Two NHS trusts in Lancashire have declared critical incidents in their hospitals owing to Covid staff absences, joining at least six others across England"

Telegraph:

We should be proud of the Queen, says Sir Keir Starmer as he sets out patriotic vision

Matt:

Reduced timetables to come in on all of Great Britain’s rail network

Independent:

Times:

Judge deals blow to Prince Andrew’s hopes of dismissing Virginia Giuffre sex claim

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the various epiphanies beginning the year – The Christian festival of the Epiphany celebrates the three wise men’s visit to the baby Jesus"

Telegraph:

Tankers diverted from Asia to Europe as gas prices keep rising

Matt:

Independent:

Parts of NHS may be overwhelmed by Covid wave, admits Boris Johnson

Times:

Evening Standard:

Novak Djokovic’s Australian Open hopes dashed after visa cancelled at airport; BLM protesters cleared over toppling of Edward Colston statue

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yes, pull down anti-vaccination statues too if there's any.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Guavanaut posted:

Yes, pull down anti-vaccination statues too if there's any.

Here's one a block from the capitol.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the legacy of the Iraq war for Julian Assange and Tony Blair – The former prime minister has been made a knight; the WikiLeaks founder spends his 1,001st day in prison on Thursday"

Telegraph:

PMQs: Labour's Angela Rayner steps up call for 5% energy bill VAT cut; Jacob Rees-Mogg tells Rishi Sunak to abandon National Insurance rise amid cost of living crunch

Matt:

Novak Djokovic not being held ‘captive’ and free to leave whenever he chooses, Australia says

Independent:

Minister vows to close ‘loophole’ after court clears Colston statue topplers

Times:

Evening Standard:

Show us a way out of Covid Plan B, plead London bosses

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the prime minister’s interior decoration – Boris Johnson has been accused of corruption after it emerged that he sought funds for his flat refurbishment from a Tory donor while promising to consider plans for a mystery ‘great exhibition’"

Telegraph:

'Stealth tax' to hit one in six Britons as inflation surges - Chancellor has frozen the higher rate threshold, despite rising prices

Matt:

Independent:

After William Morris.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Also, if you've got a good idea for a new thread title, please post it!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Nightmare on Downing Street – From rising energy prices to the redecoration of his flat, Boris Johnson has plenty to keep him awake at night"

Sunday Telegraph:

Russia cutting underwater cables could be act of war, says head of UK armed forces

Matt:

Sunday Times:

‘Nothing untoward’ in Johnson’s ‘great exhibition’ texts, says minister

Mail on Sunday:

'Leave us alone to do what we do best': Fury at plan to hand millions to farmers to turn 741,000 acres of land into nature reserves as 'rewilding cult' loved by Carrie's pals the Goldsmith brothers forms centre of shake-up

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
gently caress off Mac

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I love when Chris Riddell draws monsters, they're always great :3:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That is a really quite strange caricature of Angela Rayner

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Tories’ statue sorrow – Conservatives have reacted angrily after four activists were acquitted of criminal damage despite admitting toppling a statue of slaver Edward Colston"

Telegraph:

Britain faces worst cost of living crisis for a generation

Independent:

End of free lateral flow tests as country told to live with Covid

Times:

Liz Truss ‘willing’ to trigger article 16 of Brexit protocol if talks falter

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Lorna Miller on Novak Djokovic’s escape from detention – The world no 1 is a free man after a judge quashed the decision to deny his entry to Australia"

Telegraph:

Ease ineffective Covid restrictions, Nicola Sturgeon told, as Scotland’s case rate overtakes England’s

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Cladding rules: Flat-owners won’t pay to fix fire safety issues, pledges Gove

Evening Standard:

Calls for PM to be questioned by inquiry into alleged No 10 lockdown gatherings

David Squires:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

gently caress off Blower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I enjoyed the deliberate wordplay between freedom as "the condition of not being controlled by another nation or political power" and freedom as "the ability to do what you want without control or interference by another or by circumstance" to illustrate that the cartoonist is a giant babby.