Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Platystemon posted:

Case study from a Korean hospital:

I wish we could have this definition for everyone.

Anyway, this case study is notable because one guy seems to have gotten infected by ærosols lingering for forty minutes, and another guy never even entered that room and seems to have been infected by air passing through the doorway.

It’s airborne, folks.

https://youtu.be/QN-9uPFi1Bs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

“everyone has to assess their own personal risk”
NO THEY DONT, that is quite literally this dude’s JOB and the reason the CDC exists

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Ducked into the liquor store this morning here in CT and the mask situation was grim. Lot of surgicals either dick-nosing or under the chin, some properly worn but lol cloth masks, one obese heavily bearded guy in a literal mesh mask, me in my Aura and just one guy I saw in a properly fitted KN95 were the only people taking it at all seriously. lol, lmao

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/PragmaticInOz/status/1425303164077494276

LOL

(note the date)

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Goobish posted:

Rarely I get flashbacks thanks to PTSD from my past, which has happened more since the pandemic but only handful of times. and so I guess my partner found me yelling about someone dying last night and managed to snap me out of it, and they just put me in bed and patted my head until I fell asleep crying. now I woke up at 5am and get to remember oh yeah I had a little oopsie flashback in front of people. I only remember a little of it but she said I was yelling for someone for a long time. Usually that doesn't happen hardcore like that anymore, but makes sense in a way since this is around the time I've seen the most death years previous, and I guess not to mention people dying since last month already. Doubt I'll be going back to work anytime soon tbh if I'm just gunna zap outa reality to start yelling about dead people just all willy nilly in public. Scares people and who wants to be scared. I can't even remember who it was about, usually i can at least remember a bit of details. She said I was just completely gone though and yelling at her too when she got to me, but she said she could tell what was up because even though I started yelling at her I was definitely referring to her as someone else.

So yeah guess I'm truly crazy sorry yall for any confusion there, and time to just hunker down and try not to do that again I guess. I don't know how other people do it without getting PTSD, it's not like I'm an actual doctor lol just get to help deal with the societal fallout of all of this. Which yes is brutal but I don't get how hospital workers aren't just riddled with PTSD by now if they worked closely with this poo poo for any extended amount of time.

Been there. I like to call flashbacks "emotional seizures." Take care of you, you have been through a lot.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

They're giving up and hoping it kills more Republicans. Xi canceled New Year's 2 years ago. Biden can't cancel Christmas.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

1stGear posted:

My Plague Inc experience leads me to believe that everyone in the black states is dead.

if you live in New Jersey your probably already dead on the inside

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

China has nothing to celebrate anyhow

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

America never sleeps

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

all i want for christmas is a sexy dr leonardo 2022 viral predicktion calendar(hand-autographed)

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://twitter.com/KatieMaree_88/status/1474351489929805827?s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

mistermojo posted:

it feels so good to have a strong booster reaction and then have it wear off and your brain reward you with dopamine for a job well done

Are you young? Mine just fade back into the general hum of constant pain.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60NuAvPiPlE

Cithen fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 24, 2021

zone
Dec 6, 2016

just start putting armed guards around the hospitals lol, why are we even not doing this
:d2a:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

ahh more innocent times

https://twitter.com/bsmithgreens/status/1463496236019949580?s=20

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
after a fair amount of consideration, i've come to the conclusion that a worldwide global death plague is Bad, Actually, and someone should probably come up with a way to stop it. just my two cents

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

I've always assumed it was, but I never looked into it because I know the answer would probably disappoint me; but it is illegal in America, or at least in blue states, to knowingly and deliberately give someone an STD without affirmative consent, right? Like if someone with HIV tells a sexual partner they have a clean bill of sexual health, despite knowing they are HIV+, and then when their partner gets sick and dies, they can be sued for something, right? Some sort of specialized crime if not outright manslaughter or even homicide?

Because if so, I really hope we start applying similar laws to these fucks.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I’m beginning to suspect those violent COVID patient families stories are fake news. Nobody just puts up with that. You instantly retaliate.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

zone posted:

just start putting armed guards around the hospitals lol, why are we even not doing this

Americans just begging for more cops

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

zone posted:

Look, the National Guard can fill in for the doctors, or fill in for the security. You gotta pick.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I've always assumed it was, but I never looked into it because I know the answer would probably disappoint me; but it is illegal in America, or at least in blue states, to knowingly and deliberately give someone an STD without affirmative consent, right? Like if someone with HIV tells a sexual partner they have a clean bill of sexual health, despite knowing they are HIV+, and then when their partner gets sick and dies, they can be sued for something, right? Some sort of specialized crime if not outright manslaughter or even homicide?

Because if so, I really hope we start applying similar laws to these fucks.

california actually just recently rescinded this law because of a long history of inappropriate selective enforcement because cops are scum

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Wrong thread

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Blaziken386 posted:

after a fair amount of consideration, i've come to the conclusion that a worldwide global death plague is Bad, Actually, and someone should probably come up with a way to stop it. just my two cents

one way of stopping it is when lots of people get killed and lots more become dementia patients with hollow organs - every country in the world, maybe

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Obviously the doctors should have guns

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

zone posted:

one way of stopping it is when lots of people get killed and lots more become dementia patients with hollow organs - every country in the world, maybe

Birds have hollow bones and can fly, so hollow organs will probably allow us to fly or something equally cool. Sounds good to me.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/kprather88/status/1473713577991233543
https://twitter.com/HNTurtledove/status/1473780062096805888
https://twitter.com/HNTurtledove/status/1473782708438323201
https://twitter.com/HNTurtledove/status/1473783886027104256

mystes
May 31, 2006

Thoguh posted:

1250 posts since I logged off yesterday. I assume COVID is over.
It's over. COVID decided to just get up and leave like at the end of the Andromeda Strain. This was somehow the least unlikely way for it to end because it definitely wasn't ending by any means other than deus ex machina.

mystes fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 24, 2021

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

1stGear posted:

My Plague Inc experience leads me to believe that everyone in the black states is dead.

They are

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Blaziken386 posted:

Thank you for speaking your truth

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Blaziken386 posted:

Counterpoint: Nah.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joe Biden is a literal enemy of humanity.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Centrist: It’s mildly bad, but we should do nothing about it.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

its an honor to meet you, mister president

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Biden: Promise nothing and deliver less.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nonsense posted:

I’m beginning to suspect those violent COVID patient families stories are fake news. Nobody just puts up with that. You instantly retaliate.

I am sure some of them are made up for fake internet points but I am gonna guess you’ve never been in a fight if you think people wouldn’t be shocked, do nothing, and then stew in it forever:

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Blaziken386 posted:

its an honor to meet you, mister president

Listen here jack, back when i was a kid we all got covid and only half of us died

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

(VEEP WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

9571 cases in Ontario :eyepop:

two days ago our all time high for the pandemic was 4800 lmao