Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Just beat Trial 1 on Extreme, which is the first time I've ever done anything harder than a normal raid, then accidentally spoiled the identity of Trial 1 to a friend while excitedly telling them we won :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Chillgamesh posted:

Just beat Trial 1 on Extreme, which is the first time I've ever done anything harder than a normal raid, then accidentally spoiled the identity of Trial 1 to a friend while excitedly telling them we won :hellyeah:

What a coincidence, so did I! Without the spoiler.

No Aiming accessories, whistle music and crystal dropped and I won nothing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I really enjoy when you do a normal and can see how things will get more complicated, A few things still took me by surprise when learning but I could see how it fit together.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Chillgamesh posted:

I don't think revealing that Zodiark is finally a boss should count as a spoiler. Revealing he's only the 83 trial however,

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

https://twitter.com/physhells/status/1474089644610445317?t=_bJXwhrhgSaFIaQVhp6PKQ&s=19

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Still awake? Just now waking up after a good night's sleep? How about some fresh LP! It's got guns today. I'm going to bed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Dreamboum/status/1474292216512270336?t=Wu0chc_6y6WSeRrvvrI2kg&s=19

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FF14 Classic when

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Cancel Rolequests and bring Waifu/Husbando-questlines

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

So this is why our WoL isn't into romance.

We're still mourning our lost Waifu.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

/respect

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

adhuin posted:

Cancel Rolequests and bring Waifu/Husbando-questlines

Gotta play The Old Republic for that

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
They were cowards for limiting the innuendo to cats

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

cool, here come the sex weirdos

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

OhFunny posted:

So this is why our WoL isn't into romance.

We're still mourning our lost Waifu.

We can only hope that there's some Bachelors/ettes at the Island Sanctuary.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

Where do you think we are? - JD from Scrubs.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Thank you for announcing your presence :D

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ivypls posted:

he made them tiny so they can pilot the nouliths like little fighter jets

this just makes me think they work like mista's stand in jojo's

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Don't go into the Uldah adventurer's guild on Balmung

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I just finished the Pandemonium Raid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duYUgOPsHJc

Dracula's theme is pretty bitchin'.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Xarbala posted:

Don't go into Balmung

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Xarbala posted:

... without your Bingo card!

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid
Every time I put something 'expensive' (like over 50k) up for sale at the average price it's sold at recently, no matter how long ago the last item sold or how far away from that price the current listers are selling for, within 10 minutes 1-5 people are undercutting me by several gil.

It's insane. Even if I start dropping the price by thousands/ten-thousands, they just undercut me again within minutes. Just throwing away tons of gil for no apparent reason.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Solution is to crash the prices to make them pay.

Or just don't care. You'll get the sale eventually.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Offkorn posted:

Every time I put something 'expensive' (like over 50k) up for sale at the average price it's sold at recently, no matter how long ago the last item sold or how far away from that price the current listers are selling for, within 10 minutes 1-5 people are undercutting me by several gil.

It's insane. Even if I start dropping the price by thousands/ten-thousands, they just undercut me again within minutes. Just throwing away tons of gil for no apparent reason.

If you're the one dropping the price by tens of thousands then from my pov you're the one throwing away tons of gil and ill undercut you by 1 gil out of spite

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

aers posted:

If you're the one dropping the price by tens of thousands then from my pov you're the one throwing away tons of gil and ill undercut you by 1 gil out of spite

adhuin posted:

Spite really is the secret ingredient to the ffxiv economy, and I wouldn't have it any other way

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Offkorn posted:

Could be bots

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Xarbala posted:

I play on Balmung and it's always really awkward when I need to go to the Quicksand for a quest or to get to the nearest Glamour Dresser.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Offkorn posted:

If you're dropping the price by several thousand gil when everyone else is only dropping by single digits, then you're the one throwing away money for no reason. My advice is to just chill out and not get in an undercutting war. If the market for the thing you're selling is fluid enough, you'll get a sale eventually, even if you're not currently the cheapest one on the board.

Also keep in mind that you might be overvaluing what you're trying to sell. Just because something is listed for 50k doesn't mean anyone is likely to buy it at that price.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah it's better not to stress out over it.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

poo poo I missed this, lol

E:https://twitter.com/dendrocluster/status/1474178310897025028?t=I4ZYOmqwmYIjU9leIYLFmA&s=19

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I managed to sell my entire crafting log on almost every job over the past year and there's no reason anyone should be buying most of that garbage. People will eventually buy your stuff, with a few price adjustments if other people keep listing under you.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
So I discovered that if you're doing the ShB ng+ and you're in the very first quest at the part that is like "head to the crystarium" when Lakeland has no enemies and you teleport to Eulmore it breaks the quest and you can't progress and have to start the entire ng+ run over, luckily it's right at the beginning.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

adhuin posted:

Or just don't care. You'll get the sale eventually.

I can emphatically confirm that this is not guaranteed. I've lost track of how many things I've listed at slightly below the regular price (in line with everything currently on sale and everything in the recent history), only for the market to permanently crash before I make the sale. Then a few months later I notice my retainer still has it but the regular price is now 20-80% below what it was when I listed it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Alliance Raids - LotA. Done to death. So much walking. We just don't have the technology if someone pulls Atomos early to put people in their lanes sorry enjoy wiping. No, when that boss just keeps saying INVULNERABLE over and over that means you're not doing anything. No, standing behind the meteor is not optional. No, standing on the platforms is not optional.

There's so much about LotA that sucks.

- The first pack of adds with the one mob whose cone AOE will likely hit the whole Raid.
- The Atomos hallway.
- The Dullahan boss, for the same reason as the Atomos Hallway. I had an instance where I was Tank of Alliance A and someone pulled the boss before I got to the arena, only to wind up not getting the buff. So I genuinely couldn't Tank the thing and everyone bitched about it.
- The bomb pack which I have seen explode and kill everyone about three times.
- The behemoth with the rock shields that everyone leads the Iron Giants over to.
- "Stand on the buttons or Not!Titan will blow up the entire Raid. Possibly twice in a row."

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I always find it funny when people complain about undercutting because constantly undercutting until the price reaches its lowest sustainable point is literally the ideal market scenario. It just means that the actual price is way below whatever you think it is.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Sakurazuka posted:

FF14 Classic when
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpGRfmRaIx8

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

There's so much about LotA that sucks.

- The first pack of adds with the one mob whose cone AOE will likely hit the whole Raid.
- The Atomos hallway.
- The Dullahan boss, for the same reason as the Atomos Hallway. I had an instance where I was Tank of Alliance A and someone pulled the boss before I got to the arena, only to wind up not getting the buff. So I genuinely couldn't Tank the thing and everyone bitched about it.
- The bomb pack which I have seen explode and kill everyone about three times.
- The behemoth with the rock shields that everyone leads the Iron Giants over to.
- "Stand on the buttons or Not!Titan will blow up the entire Raid. Possibly twice in a row."
LotA sucks rear end but I will say in its defense, all of these are also mechanics that you can do wrongly or confusingly (or in the case of bone dragon, correctly), to get people killed in funny ways, which is a point in LotA's favor imo.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I like LotA because I know all the mechanics, so if the raid wipes it's not my fault and therefore is very funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I don't know if I've ever seen a wile in lota, what groups are you all in???