Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i'm playing this old game called Giants Citizen Kabuto and god drat it's really good and I'm havin lots of fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hector Delgado posted:

DE is getting to Undertale status for me where each time I hear about it, I hate it more and more

:yeah: Undertale I at least had some urge to check it out from the tidbits i had seen here and there

DE has absolutely nothing of interest going on for me - not the gameplay, not the visuals, not the story, not even the fuckin title

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Ask me about LOOM

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

galagazombie posted:

Remember guitar hero and all those plastic “instruments” now filling the worlds landfills? Lol it takes so much effort to get good just learn to play guitar. At least with Pac-Man and Dark Souls I can’t actually learn how to be a magical knight or a Pac-Man in real life for the same effort.

Guitar Hero is absolutely minuscule in difficulty compared to an actual guitar, which is why it was popular. It takes like, a year to even get slightly okay at the guitar.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Shenmue is my favorite murder-solver game. I love Shenmue.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Shenmue is my favorite murder-solver game. I love Shenmue.

Could you do me a favor and spoil the ending thanks

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
for all its faults, shenmue set a precedence and was the most immersive game ever up until that point

it's a shame how hosed up 3 is but at least the yakuza games exist

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

signalnoise posted:

Could you do me a favor and spoil the ending thanks

ok yu suzuki dies before it's completed

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Caesar Saladin posted:

Guitar Hero is absolutely minuscule in difficulty compared to an actual guitar, which is why it was popular. It takes like, a year to even get slightly okay at the guitar.

As a person who plays neither a real guitar nor a baby video game guitar, I will now explain why real guitar is actually not much more challenging than baby video game guitar

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

i'm playing this old game called Giants Citizen Kabuto and god drat it's really good and I'm havin lots of fun

Excuse me but having fun while playing videogames it not allowed.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

kntfkr posted:

ok yu suzuki dies before it's completed

I'm going to put my face through random configurations of perplexity

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

kntfkr posted:

i saw and then bought parasite eve today and this game is fuckin' hideous

Huh I always thought it looked good for a ps1 game. The fmvs especially get legit disturbing in a Cronenberg way.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

hosed up how Parasite Eve eventually became Splinter Cell

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

My unpopular opinion of the day is that everyone itt should have some nice days and hopefully you all come to your senses in regard to video games

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

tuo posted:

My unpopular opinion of the day is that everyone itt should have some nice days and hopefully you all come to your senses in regard to video games

Unfortunately I'll continue to have fun playing them

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rockman Reserve posted:

did they ever fix the issue where the latest CoD is the better part of a goddamned terabyte and can't be installed with any other games on the PS5 yet because occasionally i do get the craving for some dumb TDM but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck call of duty and activision until they get that loving poo poo fixed

i don't even have a 4k tv please stop forcing me to download 400 gbs of 4k textures or whatever the gently caress

Conspiracy theory time but I'm pretty convinced that devs are intentionally bloating their game install sizes to try and stop people from buying and playing their competitor's games.

'Man, I'd love to get Shootmans 8 next week, but I'd have to uninstall Stabbin' Dudes 4 and a couple of other games to make room for it, and Stabbin' Dudes 4 has the new DLC coming out next soon. Guess I'll have to pass on Shootmans this time...'

The industry is messed up and twisted enough that I could honestly see companies like EA and Ubisoft and Activision doing this.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
lol, a terabyte of game and you don't even get FREE bonzi buddy??? Omg lol.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Call of Duty: Bonzone where all character models are Bonzai Buddy

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vandar posted:

Conspiracy theory time but I'm pretty convinced that devs are intentionally bloating their game install sizes to try and stop people from buying and playing their competitor's games.

'Man, I'd love to get Shootmans 8 next week, but I'd have to uninstall Stabbin' Dudes 4 and a couple of other games to make room for it, and Stabbin' Dudes 4 has the new DLC coming out next soon. Guess I'll have to pass on Shootmans this time...'

The industry is messed up and twisted enough that I could honestly see companies like EA and Ubisoft and Activision doing this.

I don't bother pirating modern games cuz they are too big. can't just burn it to a DVD and forget about it any more

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
You guys remember coconut monkey? I do.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bum the Sad posted:

You guys remember coconut monkey? I do.

:hmmyes:
PC gaming has fallen far from it's peak

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it was all downhill after GORILLA.BAS

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rutibex posted:

I don't bother pirating modern games cuz they are too big. can't just burn it to a DVD and forget about it any more

ngl this has made me start pirating games I'm sure I'm gonna play

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

QuarkJets posted:

As a person who plays neither a real guitar nor a baby video game guitar, I will now explain why real guitar is actually not much more challenging than baby video game guitar

you post really badly and like, that’s cool, you do you, happy holidays and all, but you could maybe try to be less weirdly aggro about the dumbest poo poo in the universe all the time

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
merry xmas everyone

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Vic posted:

merry xmas everyone

It's still Xmas eve over here but merry Xmas to you

Wishing everyone here good deals on their preferred games, stop by the video game deals thread for video game deals

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

over here we do dinner and presents on the eve of 24th

7yo was complaining to me about his last years swicth joycon drift

I had to explain nintendo to the kid

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Excelzior posted:

it was all downhill after GORILLA.BAS

👊

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

QuarkJets posted:

cool, do you prefer 6 string or12 string? nylon strings or steel strings? electric or acoustic?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Happy holidays unpopular video game opinions thread. Hope you all get lots of bad games to enjoy and argue about.

Games like Disco Elysium, The Witcher 3, and Dark Souls.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

if I had NFT money I would buy 1000 copies of Bad Rats for this thread for christmas

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Rockman Reserve posted:

you post really badly and like, that’s cool, you do you, happy holidays and all, but you could maybe try to be less weirdly aggro about the dumbest poo poo in the universe all the time

:ironicat:

Getting serious for a moment, I'm actually never aggro in any posts in this thread, I just post whatever I think is funny. It's ok if you don't like them. hth

Merry Christmas, thread

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Caesar Saladin posted:

My favourite video game adaptation of the bible is Bayonetta

This person gets it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Rockman Reserve posted:

I'm going to use poor grammar to explain how someone else is a bad poster.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm going to use poor grammar to explain how someone else is a bad poster.

It's spelled grammer you dumby

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

SingStar Legends not only was more fun than any Guitar Hero, if you had the Australian version it was also the Souls-like of singing games by virtue of requiring the talent/blood alcohol content to perform 'You're The Voice' by John Farnham.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Don't mock my gramma! :argh:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

wow way to have a nucular melt down

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Rutibex posted:

I've always thought of it as a low key anti piracy technique

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

There has never been a good large game.

quote:

Over the last 15 years, you've spent 9206.9 hours playing this selection, which includes 331 items, is valued at $4495.38, and requires 1297.5 GB

Maybe I'll back up all my games (well most of them).