Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
is this christmas show going up tomorrow or the day after? i need bryan audio in my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

is this christmas show going up tomorrow or the day after? i need bryan audio in my life

It goes up on Christmas Eve. But yes I too definitely miss Bryan podcasts.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

semp and tom is godlike duo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I love David Lynch but when I heard that interview I watched Eraserhead for the first time on like an iphone 4S in an emergency room, out of spite.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Venomous posted:

tbf at least none of you are watching wrestling, TV, or especially films on your phones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

(David Lynch remains correct to this day about this)

(yes, this means I would go to the cinema to see a good wrestling show)

this poo poo makes me "ok boomer" the hardest ever

i'm sorry but your beloved unparalleled artistic medium is, sometimes, a distraction someone puts on while on the can, and it has been for decades

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that video is from a hundred years ago before DL saw a 6s+

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

He’s right

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tony Khan didn’t spend $20 on audio hardware so you fucks could watch AEW on a phone!!!

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Would you think of David Lynch movies as the kind of spectacles that just have to be seen with the biggest screen and best sound systems, I suspect you could get as depressed watching Eraserhead on a phone as on anything else

Dune maybe

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he hasn’t made a film since before the first iPhone came out

:’(

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think movies deserve to be at least watched on a computer screen if you insist but I’m also a VFA Certified Film Buff.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

he hasn’t made a film since before the first iPhone came out

:’(

The Return is an 18 hour film

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

OK Cahiers du Cinema!!!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

yea ok posted:

semp and tom is godlike duo

do i have a ufc podcast for you

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NienNunb posted:

The Return is an 18 hour film

And also the best film of the decade and possibly the century so far :hai:

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

It feels like Ratings Chat is taking over WOR more and more, particularly over the last couple of months. Just Dave reeling off this interminable list of stats for ten minutes every episode. Brutal content.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know if any of you still watch Botchamania but Murder Clown/Dave Clown made it in from WOR.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Genericide posted:

It feels like Ratings Chat is taking over WOR more and more, particularly over the last couple of months. Just Dave reeling off this interminable list of stats for ten minutes every episode. Brutal content.

Yeah it's real real annoying not gonna lie. Especially when half of it is "well you have to throw out this number because..."

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 23, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah that used to be the industry utility of the newsletter. Now he's just giving it away for free.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

El Generico posted:

Would you think of David Lynch movies as the kind of spectacles that just have to be seen with the biggest screen and best sound systems, I suspect you could get as depressed watching Eraserhead on a phone as on anything else

Dune maybe

Yes and then sitting in an ER another 6 hours until you're seen, it really sits with you.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cary Silkin is the guest on the latest Talk is Jericho. It's kind of interesting if you don't listen to Cary's podcast but if you do he's told most of the stories before. But the highlight is the end where Jericho thanks him for being on and says Cary is one of the few people in wrestling no one says anything bad about. Cary responds "You haven't talked to Austin Aries" and both laugh as the show ends.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Genericide posted:

it kicks rear end

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
lol at Dave pressuring Garrett on air to record a show on Christmas Eve

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Mat Men opens with the host saying he's sick and refuses to wear a mask on the subway.

If that's not a joke, I'm pretty much done with that dude forever and if it is, what the gently caress was funny about it?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He also says he’s staying home explicitly because he’s sick whereas in pre-covid times he’d have just gone out like normal, so it’s not like he’s spent the day riding around the subway coughing on people and licking handrails.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shat Men

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmT6aBApKjE

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

holy gently caress

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:eyepop:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryan Alvarez is the god damned best

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Is the video worth it? I'm stuck at home tonight so I just might buy the video

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Happy Xmas (War is Over)
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1474590896633139200

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Granny: He would always ask if I had any pills.
Craig: That was Buddy!

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

LividLiquid posted:

Mat Men opens with the host saying he's sick and refuses to wear a mask on the subway.

If that's not a joke, I'm pretty much done with that dude forever and if it is, what the gently caress was funny about it?

He said that in regards to himself. Apparently this is his third time to have covid and he just gets common cold symptoms from it. Of course he should still wear a mask so he doesn't spread it to other people.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That was the wildest Christmas show since like, 2010 or whenever they had it during an actual Christmas party. This was a much better show than that mess though.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

What

A

loving

Worker.

In credible.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
the one month a year my f4w subscriptions go head to head

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

MassRafTer posted:

That was the wildest Christmas show since like, 2010 or whenever they had it during an actual Christmas party. This was a much better show than that mess though.

I love how absolutely nothing was planned and they were grossly unprepared, but still stubbornly needed to hold it on that date. Fun show, best part was them talking about Lance Storm's large penis.

Now give me the actual interview with Mikey Whipwreck, and then somebody give him a job.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Is the video worth it? I'm stuck at home tonight so I just might buy the video

Video is 100% worth it. What a train wreck lol

e: OH MY GOD I JUST GOT TO THE BEST PART. I'm literally crying in laughter.

Bryan is the GOAT

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
"What a whale." - Vinny
Also that Joel Gertner segment was so great.