Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/DrJayVarma/status/1474370356903358464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Lol just got chased out of my UK COVID thread for being too alarmist / negative around Christmas (aka correcting an idiot who said Omicron has made COVID a manageable disease like a cold).

Thank you this thread for existing.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Dolphin posted:

we had a sick dog a while back and I've got a fever from the vaccine and I've been using a thermometer and my wife just walks in and goes "you haven't been using that thermometer have you"

lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

levy 511s gang rise up

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Jamsta posted:

Need the update cum edit for completeness (low cum energy on this one)

I was saying "boobs"

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Business Gorillas posted:

if i was the worldwide hegemonic power, i would simply choose to not let 800,000 people die

Happy Christmas!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Dolphin posted:

we had a sick dog a while back and I've got a fever from the vaccine and I've been using a thermometer and my wife just walks in and goes "you haven't been using that thermometer have you"

:owned:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
It’s amazing how effective the consent manufacturing has been. In the past week or two, I literally haven’t had a single conversation with family, either on my side or my wife’s, that hasn’t involved them saying “but it’s supposed to be mild” re: Omicron.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

america lusts for death

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Imagining looking out the window not knowing about this thread and seeing this, lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Too Many Birds posted:

very excited to have all the anti-vax chuds over at the house tonight so i can hear about how mandates are just like nazi germany and how our boys in blue have taken too much abuse from the radical left.

all while i hope the aura i'm wearing is actually gonna do its loving job.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nichael posted:

I was saying "boobs"

Boobs are two of my favorite things :shrug:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Zugzwang posted:

It’s amazing how effective the consent manufacturing has been. In the past week or two, I literally haven’t had a single conversation with family, either on my side or my wife’s, that hasn’t involved them saying “but it’s supposed to be mild” re: Omicron.

lol this post made me think of the "calm as hindu cows" fight club scene before i even glanced at yr av :pwn:

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Atrocious Joe posted:

Jay thinks lack of rapid testing is a plot by the state to keep track of who has COVID. I guess he doesn't know that in the US wait times for PCR testing are also very long.
https://twitter.com/DrJBhattacharya/status/1474432936258592771?s=20

I really want to know what Jay thinks is happening in China
https://twitter.com/SKMorefield/status/1474206774311936003?s=20

Wrangled needs to fire Jay, what a disgrace to have such a mush for brains moron working there

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Rubby posted:

Happy Christmas!

Thanks for the laughs Rubby

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rubby posted:

Happy Christmas!

Lmbo

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

america lusts for death
Mild death

ram dass in hell posted:

lol this post made me think of the "calm as hindu cows" fight club scene before i even glanced at yr av :pwn:
A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a lockdown, we don’t do one.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Dolphin posted:

Hell yeah :a2m:

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Zugzwang posted:

A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a lockdown, we don’t do one.

Capitalism owns

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rubby posted:

Happy Christmas!

drat lol you should post this in r/comics

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Arivia posted:

i'm loving that guy in the D&D thread going "hospitals aren't overwhelmed, we need to just accept deaths are gonna happen and cut back on the PHIs"

god they all have loving brainworms, i hate it

Maybe he’s basing this on how many bodies you can fit in a hospital much like a jar only 90% full of jellybeans isn’t overwhelmed.

Obviously there’s a lot wrong with this take but also yes I think a country with a billion and a half people is better equipped to shrug off 800k deaths than a country with 330 million people.

ADudeWhoAbides posted:

Friend who decided it was still safe to fly (with his wife and one year old!) just sent me this:

“Single flight with very few people coughing, so I’m hoping we’re ok.”

very few people coughing is doing a lot of work there. Hope they don’t get it but it will be so hard to be sympathetic if they do.

“Assuming the r0 of omicron is ten, I only hear like four people coughing and there are 200 people on the plane so I think our odds are good!”

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Alright I'm a Canadian in America for Xmas to visit family. I'm within like 30 miles of a CVS/Walgreens/whatever else right now. What do I need to get blasted with a booster dose while I'm here?

If they ask for an ID, lie.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s wild in light of the “China doesn’t care about human life” and “Human Wave Attack” narrative of the Korean and Vietnam Wars that’s seen a resurgence from China hawks recently.

Even if the American tactical narratives were true (they aren’t), you could at least say Chosin Reservoir, Hue Citadel, whatever were significant military objectives that warranted the cost. What the gently caress did 800k Americans die for?

e: Some trivia - when American troops entered the Great War they horrified both their allies and the Germans by disregarding everything learned since 1914 and actually launching human wave attacks that late in the war.

i was going to ask if you were seriously asking this because how could anyone still be unconvinced after two years that americans will be shoveled into the coal furnace indefinitely to keep the train of The Economy running but then i saw it was cato wife guy and i was like oh yeah lol that makes sensesense

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

levy 511s gang rise up

510s

:colbert:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Zugzwang posted:

almost everyone regardless of political beliefs has D&D Brain. They see and hear what they want to, so they can continue doing what they want to.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Rubby posted:

Happy Christmas!

Comrade Biden is striking a major blow to the United $nakes of AmeriKKKa
https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/status/1290359731589193728?s=20

Chairman Bob was right

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Are we really gonna have another olympics in 6 weeks?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
welp ain’t doin Christmas with my family even the members I live with. they’re going to an unmasked other family Christmas dinner tonight (“but everyone’s vaccinated!”)

it sucks and it hurts a lot, but I can’t risk getting covid again

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo

Serf posted:

does anyone have the link to that method for wearing a mask with a beard? my brother refuses to cut his but now that omicron is defeating the vaccines pretty thoroughly he wants to mask up better

good excuse to drop 2k on a papr kit imho

sikhs have either been doing the face wrap, wearing papr or outright shaving their beards

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/uk-...andemic-2326404
https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/audio/we-have-to-choose-between-beard-or-emergency-shifts-during-covid-19-australian-sikh-doctors
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/16/health/sikh-doctors-beards-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Are we really gonna have another olympics in 6 weeks?

China will shut down whole cities and weld people into their apartments but cancel an international prestige event? Not gonna happen.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

weird pivot but ok

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ex post facho posted:

so i bought the 3M HF-803SD respirator recommended in the OP and the p100 magenta filters to go with it.... and I feel like I'm missing something?

Do you also need a cartridge, or are the p100 click-ins sufficient? :confused:

a filter is enough to filter viruses

a "cartridge" is a thing with a reactive thing that captures/filters poisonous gases. you can buy a cartridge-filter combo that will both filter both particles and some kind of gas

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo

redbrouw posted:

would you be able to put "breath is not certain" on the reverse

no actually breath is certain

forcefully expelled breath

https://i.imgur.com/ocN7fqQ.mp4

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Zisky posted:

China will shut down whole cities and weld people into their apartments but cancel an international prestige event? Not gonna happen.

pretty big flex by capital here

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Wondering how many goons itt folded and decided to see other people for Christmas.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

every emoticon i add to my twitter handle only satiates my bloodlust for so long..

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
I think it would be great if Americans were welded inside of their homes.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Why Am I So Tired posted:

I think it would be great if Americans were welded inside of their homes.

Yeah, but not as a covid precaution or anything. Just, like, in general.

Also don't let us out again.

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

ADudeWhoAbides posted:

Friend who decided it was still safe to fly (with his wife and one year old!) just sent me this:

“Single flight with very few people coughing, so I’m hoping we’re ok.”

very few people coughing is doing a lot of work there. Hope they don’t get it but it will be so hard to be sympathetic if they do.

jeeze man that’s not really how friendship is supposed to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

If covid didn't bang up virtually every major organ system and instead was just respiratory the vaccines being mostly effective at preventing death would mostly solve the problem.

But covid likes to bang up virtually every major organ system.