Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Never sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selan dyin

Cardi BYOB posted:

Never sleep

Escape From Noise

Never not be sleeping

Escape From Noise

I stumbled across this in a random parking lot near my apartment.

Yakitori (grilled chicken skewers) vending machine! WTF?

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Escape From Noise posted:

I stumbled across this in a random parking lot near my apartment.

Yakitori (grilled chicken skewers) vending machine! WTF?

Well, did you buy one?

Escape From Noise

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Well, did you buy one?

I'd just eaten. I'm probably going to have to eventually. The weirdest part was that it was in an hourly parking lot.

cruft

It's supposed to snow this afternoon! :peanut:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

cruft posted:

It's supposed to snow this afternoon! :peanut:

lol, meanwhile it's gonna be 70° in KC

Goons Are Gifts

marry the Christmases friends

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Goons Are Great posted:

marry the Christmases friends

Oh but I would

Santa, baby

more falafel please

forums poster

it's gonna be in the 50s and rainy

Chicago just had its first recorded astronomical fall without a snowfall so that's probably fine

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

City of Glompton

why not have both rain and snow! at least it looks pretty right now. gonna be real sloshy later. happy holidays byob!

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Escape From Noise

The Chrism rear end

Farecoal

There he go

Cardi BYOB posted:

Yeah. Yeeeeah. I'm just really glad everyone is taking their time.

I have 9 days in January and I'm pumped. Hopefully a few more of those stretches upcoming.

Do you still work at the Bad Job?

I don't get time off for the holidays, but Christmas Eve and Christmas happen to fall on my days off anyway

Farecoal

There he go

more falafel please posted:

it's gonna be in the 50s and rainy

Chicago just had its first recorded astronomical fall without a snowfall so that's probably fine

:shepface:

kuskus

I’m very excited for the new telescope to launch tomorrow at like 7 AM Eastern.

I have 90 minutes left drive to see my sister and I am honking at every roadkill to give it condolences. Honking it straight into the afterlife.

alnilam

Happy holidays and happy time off to all who celebrate / get time off :toot:

My waifu is on call, she usually takes the hit on xmas call cause we don't really celebrate it

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

loopsheloop posted:

its honestly a little heartbreaking how internet culture has moved away from interet forums to upvote systems. im reading through another forum i posted on >15 years ago and it's awkward as poo poo but we did meetups and called each other and stuff and it's more of a community y'know? ppl calling each other out by first name and such. my 30s have been increasingly lonely

Yeah. The ffxiv guild Bingo Bango and I are in is pretty close knit and I wish that didn't feel as rare as it did. Like every year we call one of the members Christmas week and she sings a carol in Spanish, send holiday cards to each other, etc.. It feels like a frozen-in-time kind of thing.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Farecoal posted:

Do you still work at the Bad Job?

I don't get time off for the holidays, but Christmas Eve and Christmas happen to fall on my days off anyway

Yeah, for now. I'm literally watching number go up and calendar number go down and then I'm bouncing.

How Wonderful!

Also I'm trying really hard to not have a depressing holiday so for fun I've been trying to work my way through the vegan wings of Burlington. I didn't get very far because yesterday I ordered $7 worth of cauliflower wings and got, I think, all of the cauliflower in Vermont. I had it for lunch and dinner yesterday, and now lunch again today and it still feels like the box weighs five pounds. It's so much food and it's really really good cauliflower.

Bingo Bango popped out for a distanced walk with her mom while I hack and cough so I'm trying to work up the energy to make scones for when she's back.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
About to have a Christmas buffet for one, I'm very hype :dance:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

FluffieDuckie

I’ve eaten THREE cookies today and it’s not even noon :cripes:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
what... KIND... of cookies?

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Buffet was amazing. I can't move

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

cruft

Rarity, eat the after dinner mint. It's wafer thin!

FluffieDuckie

Viginti Septem posted:

what... KIND... of cookies?

Buckeyes

They’re my kryptonite

Prof. Crocodile

I am on a long train ride all day, so I have already had a beer, a bag of potato chips, and a giant rice krispie treat. prolly gonna get a brownie and some sparkling water soon.

alnilam

FluffieDuckie posted:

Buckeyes

They’re my kryptonite

Unequivocally the best cookie, although their status as a cookie is debatable

ty manifisto

alnilam

The pb is the soup, the chocolate shell is the bread bowl. It even has an opening

ty manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

The pb is the soup, the chocolate shell is the bread bowl. It even has an opening

This is the truth, preach it

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I didn't sleep, I cooked, my ex in law dinner was cancelled because one of the not great people showed up at their house with COVID (no one in my bubble was there but how selfish) so it's going to be tiny emotional support Christmas and orbmas.

FluffieDuckie

Ok I had a buckeye soup in a bread bowl. But lord they’re tasty.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I wanna make Russian honey cake and peanut butter fudge but if I make both I will definitely get none of either.

How Wonderful!

Cardi BYOB posted:

I didn't sleep, I cooked, my ex in law dinner was cancelled because one of the not great people showed up at their house with COVID (no one in my bubble was there but how selfish) so it's going to be tiny emotional support Christmas and orbmas.

I hope you enjoy it, Bingo Bango is back and we're planning on just doing our own private little holiday thing. Kale and white bean soup tonight, veggie pot pie tomorrow, tofu coconut milk stew on Boxing Day. Scones and macaroons for dessert.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
happy byobmas eve fellow orbs!

infant mayo clinic could not give two shits about christmas yet and I’m pleased to have an extra reason to skip any sort of gathering at all. Instead, the three of us are hunkering down in the rain and snow and getting fat on secondhand venison and formula, as appropriate.

cruft

Veggie pot pie sounds amazing.

Ms Cruft made three different types of cookie. I don't know who she thinks will be eating them. Certainly not me.

Farecoal

There he go
I'm going to a family gathering with my parents, since they're back in town. Kind of meh about it but at least the food will be good

more falafel please

forums poster

starting the family gauntlet, 3 families in 2 days yay

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Farecoal

There he go

more falafel please posted:

starting the family gauntlet, 3 families in 2 days yay

:mrwhite:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
i combine the posts to form venison pot pie

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!