Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

hell, you could have the exact same economic situation as today but put a smiling sunshine, "do it for your country!!1!" face on it instead of the blatantly evil corptocracy and people would love you for it. I'm not a scholar but I feel like WW2 propaganda was way more in tune with the average joe and did a better job motivating them to pitch in for your national country. But then again the internet and 24/7 news media may have irreparably changed things.

I dont know how opsec is supposed to work where everyone has a smartphone and is a stupendous dumbass, but I like to remember sailor and a certain congressman that did this thing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_J._May
At this press conference, he revealed the highly sensitive fact that American submarines had a high survival rate because Japanese depth charges were exploding at too shallow a depth.[4][5] Various press associations sent this leaked news story over their wires and many newspapers published it, including one in Honolulu, Hawaii.[4][5]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

i say swears online posted:

i heard after the economic crash in feb/march 2020, trump suggested seizing the means of production from the capitalist parasites and setting up a new system founded on human dignity, a new shining beacon of humanity and progress led by workers, but mark meadows pooh-pooh'd it

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/775838795065065492/923882874971770900/video0-290.mp4

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmfao

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

hahahaha

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i heard after the economic crash in feb/march 2020, trump suggested seizing the means of production from the capitalist parasites and setting up a new system founded on human dignity, a new shining beacon of humanity and progress led by workers, but mark meadows pooh-pooh'd it

trump wanted to develop workplace soviets so employees could organize their own covid responses, but was only stopped when jordan belfort called him and told him that was "not hot"

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Loan forgiveness program: You get your debt paid off by being in the military for five years, no matter the size of your debt. The size of your debt just determines how lovely/dangerous those five years are gonna be.

I’ve been trying to figure out what the next form of American fascism would look like and I’ve gotta say, while I didn’t consider Heinlein’s Starship Troopers, it seems very logical.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

:five::five::five::five::five:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

ram dass in hell posted:

Loved the quote from him that was like, "in my opinion, you take the guns first, and then you do the due process after. very simple."

I love quoting that one at chuds

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
I think the big talking point around loan forgiveness, before they negotiated themselves to stop talking about it at all, was several years of "public service" for 10k debt forgiveness

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jabronie posted:

I think the big talking point around loan forgiveness, before they negotiated themselves to stop talking about it at all, was several years of "public service" for 10k debt forgiveness

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Jabronie posted:

There's already the PSLF and TLF programs. PSLF is by far the most generous that I'm aware of, forgiving your entire federal loan balance after ten years of payments while working a qualifying public service job. It's still an obtuse, mismanaged mess though.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

there will never be a day I can look at this picture without laughing.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Fitzy Fitz posted:

There's already the PSLF and TLF programs. PSLF is by far the most generous that I'm aware of, forgiving your entire federal loan balance after ten years of payments while working a qualifying public service job. It's still an obtuse, mismanaged mess though.

Is that the one that has a like 2% actual forgiveness/success rate

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

the democrats

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Minecraft Holmes posted:

Yeah. I think it's gotten better, but it's still a mess. The problem is that there's only one servicer (FedLoan), and they're dogshit. The other problem is that the program only forgives certain kinds of loans, and figuring out if yours qualify is not easy. There other other problem is that sometimes it's ambiguous as to whether your job qualifies as public service. Ok, actually, there are a lot of other problems too, but you get the idea.

~the democrats~

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Minecraft Holmes posted:

lol yeah

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

are going to get destroyed in 2022

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Don't worry, you'll be a chicken one day. Don't believe the bots and fake news that tells you you're hosed.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

this will never stop being funny

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Stereotype posted:

this will never stop being funny

I forgot that she went with her "For the People" slogan, bragging that she'd been a prosecutor, at the same time the George Floyd protests blew up. Just a masterful political operator.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

*dancing while singing in a mocking voice* build more schools, less jails! build more schools, less jails!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

heh tupac

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In terms of cringe, would you say that was better or worse than Hillary keeping hot sauce in her purse?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

In terms of cringe, would you say that was better or worse than Hillary keeping hot sauce in her purse?

worse because tupac was a child during the timeframe she was claiming to have been a fan

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
tupac tupac tupa tupac tupac tupa tupac tupac tupa da da da

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
that's an interesting party that's going to get destroyed; what do you call it?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This is normal as hell

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kazzah posted:

that's an interesting party that's going to get destroyed; what do you call it?

The Donald Trump Republican party?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
hope and change baby

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

ram dass in hell posted:

worse because tupac was a child during the timeframe she was claiming to have been a fan

Also she would have locked Tupac up on trumped up charges and falsified evidence.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

This is normal as hell

I will never click Play on this video

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

merry christmas to everyone except the democrats, who are going to get destroyed in 2022

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
On New Year's Day fate will be set in stone

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Too Many Birds posted:

merry christmas to everyone except the democrats, who are going to get destroyed in 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

If you want to see the future of the GOP, look up Lauren Witzke, Delaware's local Q-coo. She went up against Chris Coons last year and lost by 20 points. But she ain't going away. She's only 33. Her generation of complete batshit nutjobs are the future

Lauren Witzke is an amalgam of conservative talking points and blonde publicity photos. Lauren Witzke is not real.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

His greatest trick would be flipping the rep/dem paradigm

He'd keep my attention. You hear that trumpy boy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
oh the weather outside is frightful
but the fire is so delightful
and since we've no place to go
the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022