Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

Raimi Raimi Raimi Raimi RAIMI!!!!

Who do you think Bruce Campbell is playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Someone that annoys Dr Strange.

Also he is in it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wCH1K-ckZw

This looks really generic and bland. And even given they’re supposed to be young versions of the characters, Mark Whalberg is not working for me at all in that role.

What’s with the bog standard score, too. Could they not use the Uncharted theme music or something? What are they even going for with this thing

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
The lack of the proper music does suck

But idk, people grappling between ancient ships suspended from helicopters is exactly the sort of over the top stupid fun action nonsense I expect from the series

And honestly, Tom Holland has the physical chops to do all the ridiculous physical stuff Nate does

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I’m here to say that I just watched The Northman trailer and I am fuckin’ stoked for it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

man nurse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wCH1K-ckZw

This looks really generic and bland. And even given they’re supposed to be young versions of the characters, Mark Whalberg is not working for me at all in that role.

What’s with the bog standard score, too. Could they not use the Uncharted theme music or something? What are they even going for with this thing

They used some of the theme in the first trailer. Also this one looks like it gives way too much of the movie away. Like the bit at the end is clearly from the actual end of the movie.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
There's just no way that Uncharted won't suck rear end. Just no way. That said... galleon fight dangling from helicopters is something I've not seen before and I'll definitely be watching that bit on YouTube the day after it hits digital.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The funniest thing about the Uncharted movie is that it caused friction between different Sony movie executives where Tom Holland got a haircut for Nathan Drake and then a Spider-Man producer hated it and tried to make him wear a wig when filming NWH.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

muscles like this! posted:

The funniest thing about the Uncharted movie is that it caused friction between different Sony movie executives where Tom Holland got a haircut for Nathan Drake and then a Spider-Man producer hated it and tried to make him wear a wig when filming NWH.

lmao

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

They used some of the theme in the first trailer. Also this one looks like it gives way too much of the movie away. Like the bit at the end is clearly from the actual end of the movie.

There are movies that you want to keep story beats under wraps to preserve some surprise, and then there is this movie, which you need to make sure people know is just the same ol’ poo poo, just with Marky Mark and Spider-Man

Even their Justice League-rear end hair drama is lame

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Theres nothing really as weird an entity as a Spider-Man producer and that's saying something in Hollywood

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This poo poo is still goddamn hilarious:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I never read any of the Sony leaks but holy poo poo that explains so much about the direction of the Spider-Man franchise during that period

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

teagone posted:

This is so much worse than anything I ever imagined when people joke about corporate control of big budget films.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

teagone posted:

lmao

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Jewmanji posted:

This is so much worse than anything I ever imagined when people joke about corporate control of big budget films.

You should really read through the leaks. Going through some of those powerpoints was equal parts hilarious and incredibly depressing.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I know they thought the original third act of Spectre was terrible but I'd love to know what it was considering what we actually got was still bad.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Spider-man meets his greatest test yet…a sort of filthy triathlon

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

We're not even mentioning the producer that wanted giant spiders in all his movies

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Shageletic posted:

We're not even mentioning the producer that wanted giant spiders in all his movies

Don't you mean a Thanagarian snarebeast? :v:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Shageletic posted:

…poo poo, now *I* want giant spiders in all his movies.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No Way Home would have been improved by a giant spider mech

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No Way Home would have been improved by a giant spider mech

People laugh when I say they could do Smythe as the next Spider-Man villain, as if everyone wouldn't geek out at those big spider and scorpion mechs from the 90s cartoon that Voltron'd together.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Shageletic posted:

“Spiders are the fiercest killers in the insect[sic] kingdom”

Also he wanted Sean Penn to play Superman because “he has the eyes of a loving killer”. Zack Snyder would have loved him.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kevin Smith’s one positive contribution to human civilization is that story.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Seriously those of y'all that haven't heard it before should give it a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo2KB1dEDdk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53hMYw8LX60

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was working with Sony on Pixels right before those leaks.

Not only was it insane, it made me insane. Because I thought Pixels was going to be good.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Vandar posted:

Seriously those of y'all that haven't heard it before should give it a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo2KB1dEDdk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53hMYw8LX60

This is so good, thank you Vandar Claus.

I loving love Kevin Smith, what a great storyteller he is. Terrible filmmaker, but man can he deliver a comedy monologue.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He officiated my friend's wedding and didn't prepare a thing for it and just did it off the cuff and it was magical somehow

friend's wife does hair on Kevin Smith's films

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
He should have swerved his career into becoming a late night host for a cable network.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I imagine after his heart attack he's mostly going to spend his time doing whatever makes him happy and not work much but you're right he would have been good at that.

Or like a radio type situation where he can cuss a lot. He does have a pretty fun podcast

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

LesterGroans posted:

He should have swerved his career into becoming a late night host for a cable network.

poo poo, yeah, he would be great at that.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Anyone post this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYX2_lDYZpI

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Seems really weak even for a teaser, it's just a very slightly reedited scene from the prior films. Which I guess is understandable if the new one is a year and a half away, but why even bother with a teaser at that point

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

What I hate about teasers is how more and more of them are clearly being made even before a single line of the script has been written.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk_x9W1xKng

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

What I hate about teasers is how more and more of them are clearly being made even before a single line of the script has been written.

This is getting real bad with video games as well. A Wonder Woman game just got announced via a teaser and I'm sure it won't be shown again for another two years.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:hmmyes:

I actually really like that film, especially the Assembly Cut. Maybe it's all those times I watched it on tv on sunday afternoons or something.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Same. I love it a whole lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's very good, but don't let any dweebs hear you say that, dweebs hate Alien 3.