Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

There is almost always a wipe during the last boss of lota when not enough people greed the second flare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So, spoilers for the academia comic series.

Asahi being a siscon for Yotsuyu is… a lot.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
the gently caress is a siscon?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

SettingSun posted:

There is almost always a wipe during the last boss of lota when not enough people greed the second flare.
Or when too many people greed poorly. I've seen the entire 24-man stick it out even when the cast bar is 85% done and the boss is still at 12% life. (Me included because there's no point in dashing to the pads anymore by then.)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

hazardousmouse posted:

quote:

"Sister complex (Japanese: シスターコンプレックス) is a state of strong attachment and obsession to sisters. It is commonly abbreviated as "siscon" (Japanese: シスコン), and in this case, it is also used for brothers and sisters who have a strong attachment and obsession to their sisters."
There's also "brocon." It's usually just a tropey thing for super clingy family characters, rarely actually going anywhere except making the one with the complex be antagonistic towards anybody showing interest in or having interest shown from their sibling, and/or making life difficult/awkward for said sibling.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

No no, you're supposed to say "not much, what's siscon with you?"

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mainwaring posted:

I don't know if I've ever seen a wile in lota, what groups are you all in???

Usually it happens to ancient flare in the last fight, where either people are new and don't know what's going on or they're veterans and think they can burn him down before the second one goes off (I've seen that work exactly once). I've seen like one wipe on Atomos, usually it's just annoying getting people to stand on the pads, and maybe one or two on the zombie dragon where people let too many skeletons survive.

Yesterday I had my first wipe on Behemoth King since like 2015, everyone ignored the bomb adds so we all got hit with burns and died super quickly. That was novel.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

jimmydalad posted:

Yeah that was basically the only part I dislike, and the part that seems actively contradictory to the games just for a dumb joke.

hazardousmouse posted:

Short for 'sister complex'. It means someone who really likes their sister and wants their sister to like them. It can be a platonic familial thing, but it can also be a creepy incest thing.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

adhuin posted:

We can only hope that there's some Bachelors/ettes at the Island Sanctuary.

Patch 6.1 will have a series of quests just for OG 1.0 WoL to rescue your path champions. Cat girl will be the only one in horny jail.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Horny Cat Path Companion lives on in spirit in one of the retainers. Can't remember which race/personality combo (I think miq'ote) but she's definitely... assertive.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I undercut because I can't be bothered to babysit my stuff and just want to make sure it sells without needing to adjust the price. Also can't be bothered to mess with the last two digits on controller so they will always match the vendor sale price

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

jimmydalad posted:

:yikes:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I've just cracked open Astro after clearing the campaign on Gunbreaker and am I missing something or is there no way to guarantee three seal hands now Sleeve Draw is gone? Which is turn makes getting the juicy PoM tier of Astrodyne pure RNG? Why would they do this, has our job not suffered enough?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

multijoe posted:

I've just cracked open Astro after clearing the campaign on Gunbreaker and am I missing something or is there no way to guarantee three seal hands now Sleeve Draw is gone? Which is turn makes getting the juicy PoM tier of Astrodyne pure RNG? Why would they do this, has our job not suffered enough?

Yeah all you have is one redraw per draw and the outcome for Minor Arcana can't be manipulated either. It kinda sucks because you basically never got less than a three-seal Divination unless you got the most vile RNG ever, so even Divination being fixed at full power now is cold comfort.

Honestly, I don't think allowing a redraw of Minor Arcana would even be that overpowered given how much poo poo you need to weave while playing normally at 90.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The marketboard is a pure free market with basically no transaction fees. Undercutting is a natural result of the process of the free hand guiding price toward equilibrium.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

basically, if the market board irritates you, then welcome to the communist party, let's smash capitalism together

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

multijoe posted:

There's no way to but it's almost impossible to not get at least 2 so you get the recast speed and mana regen every 3 draws which means mp is never an issue and you still get a boost to DPS by just casting faster and more.

It's still gotta have some RNG element to it, that's part of the whole class fantasy.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Bruceski posted:

Horny Cat Path Companion lives on in spirit in one of the retainers. Can't remember which race/personality combo (I think miq'ote) but she's definitely... assertive.
The lively Miqo'te female isn't that bad, the lively Elezen female is probably hornier:

quote:

Greeting: "You know, I thought you might be along to summon me. You may rest assured that I am ready and eager to serve."
Greeting (on Venture) "Missed me, didn't you?"
Greeting (Venture complete) "I've been waiting for your summons."
Goodbye "Are you certain you don't desire anything else? Anything at all? Very well, I shall take my leave."
Goodbye (on Venture) "Are we finished already? Oh..."
Starting Venture "That sounds like fun! You'll be joining me, yes? No? Oh."
Completing Venture "I live to serve."

There's also the lively Miqo'te male with venture dialogue like "Then I have satisfied your every need? Excellent! I do so take pleasure in servicing my clients."

Anyhow, the top retainer line sets are:
3: Serious Hrothgar, only makes single-word statements in italics. Example: "Fine."
2: Lively Lalafell Male, enthusiastically repeats everything. Example: "I'm here, I'm here!"
1: Lively Au Ra Male, sings everything in rhyming verse. Example: "A simple retainer, lowly born,♪ Unlettered and unknown,♪ Who toils for bread from early morn,♪ Till half the night has flown!♪"

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I love these silly little things a game's community will convene around. :allears:
https://twitter.com/Juggermelon/status/1474222496992079873?s=20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFU6ZXgEai4

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Xerophyte posted:

The lively Miqo'te female isn't that bad, the lively Elezen female is probably hornier:

There's also the lively Miqo'te male with venture dialogue like "Then I have satisfied your every need? Excellent! I do so take pleasure in servicing my clients."

Anyhow, the top retainer line sets are:
3: Serious Hrothgar, only makes single-word statements in italics. Example: "Fine."
2: Lively Lalafell Male, enthusiastically repeats everything. Example: "I'm here, I'm here!"
1: Lively Au Ra Male, sings everything in rhyming verse. Example: "A simple retainer, lowly born,♪ Unlettered and unknown,♪ Who toils for bread from early morn,♪ Till half the night has flown!♪"

You can see them all here: https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Retainer/Dialogue

Some other good ones:

-Serious male miqote just ellipses at you
-Carefree male viera is an alcoholic
-Independent female au ra has "tsundere" lines for everything, like "I-It's not like I want to sell your items or anything." Except for when she returns a venture, she says "Alright, take yer shite and quit leerin' at me arse. ...What? Ye can't seriously expect me to humor yer fetishes all the time, can ye? "

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

think I'm going to have to change my gatherer retainer to a male bun and dress him like a Gleaner

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

Fister Roboto posted:

-Carefree male viera is an alcoholic
Oh, that's beautiful.

Anyway, got to Conjurer to 24. I immediately got into duties as soon as I clicked Join in the Duty Finder which is a massive contrast to DPS which I had to wait. As for doing duties as a Healer, it thankfully wasn't bad and had a nice time doing them.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

There's no way to but it's almost impossible to not get at least 2 so you get the recast speed and mana regen every 3 draws which means mp is never an issue and you still get a boost to DPS by just casting faster and more.

It's still gotta have some RNG element to it, that's part of the whole class fantasy.

It's class theme is manipulating fate though and sleeve draw was you literally stacking the deck to get your prefered outcome, I don't know how it works out from high-level raiding perspective but not being able to do your best combo because they reintroduced RNG you previously had a way to mitigate feels rough

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

i haven't seen anyone mention this yet: doing all the endwalker hunts in a day gave me just over 3 million xp on sage, and i didn't even have to find 15 enemies because 3 targets overlapped between lists. nice way to get xp while in queue or killing time; faster than FATEs for the same amount of xp.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

multijoe posted:

It's class theme is manipulating fate though and sleeve draw was you literally stacking the deck to get your prefered outcome, I don't know how it works out from high-level raiding perspective but not being able to do your best combo because they reintroduced RNG you previously had a way to mitigate feels rough

No it's not. The entire point of sleeve draw was that it's the one thing that was just you saying 'gently caress it!' and cheating fate instead of playing along with it. It's why it was the capstone long cooldown ability added an entire expac after the class came out. The class has always had an RNG aspect and now it's where on average you're doing fine with the low chance to get something bad and the low chance to do better than average. If it was about just always being about manipulating fate it wouldn't have the RNG you'd just get the biggest possible buff constantly. Shadowbringers was thee outlier but that's because the buff you got for getting the best combo was...kind of dogshit (3 min cd for a 6% damage buff originally) and getting an even worse version sucked even harder because the ShB version of cards was incredibly bad. Your biggest utility is now guaranteed now and the personal buff is much much better on average and bad rolls compared to the old one so the RNG got less guaranteed.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 24, 2021

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So the female miqo'te companion is heavily implied to have given a quick blowjob to thancred.
https://twitter.com/RWilkes94/status/1474418400914989064

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Onean posted:

I love these silly little things a game's community will convene around. :allears:

https://twitter.com/alex_moukala/status/1473381703385296904

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
still wild to me that 1.0 had such ridiculously high res models and textures while coming off as incredibly lifeless

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

kitten emergency posted:

still wild to me that 1.0 had such ridiculously high res models and textures while coming off as incredibly lifeless

I agree. Watching old videos, it's plain that the motion capture for cutscenes is way nicer... but everything else just feels stiff and dead and unliving, somehow. Is it the lighting choices?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I like the 1.0 font

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I get why they changed it, it's an obvious glitch that's focused on in a cutscene, but as long as the whole game isn't a mess I find stuff like that charming.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

For Botany and Mining you can see items in the log before you gather them, with info on their location. With fishing the log fills out afterwards. Am I missing something, or if you're looking for a specific fish is the only option looking it up outside of game?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Basically. If you're doing it for a quest, they tend to tell you what bait and region to go to. For fun or crafting, then yeah. I use this: https://ff14fish.carbuncleplushy.com/

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Valentin posted:

i haven't seen anyone mention this yet: doing all the endwalker hunts in a day gave me just over 3 million xp on sage, and i didn't even have to find 15 enemies because 3 targets overlapped between lists. nice way to get xp while in queue or killing time; faster than FATEs for the same amount of xp.

picked these up again today to get numbers: due to another overlap, for killing one lvl 81 starmite in thavnair as an 86 sage, got 430k xp & 18 nuts. that's like 2 fates or 2/3rds of a frontline, for no effort and (importantly imo) almost zero attention.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

FeatherFloat posted:

I agree. Watching old videos, it's plain that the motion capture for cutscenes is way nicer... but everything else just feels stiff and dead and unliving, somehow. Is it the lighting choices?

1.0 had completely baked in lighting that wasn't dynamic.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Can anybody hook me up with an updated level 70ish BLM rotation guide (single and AE)? I dont have any meters running or anything but I'm pretty sure I just did an embarassing amount of damage in the last doma castle instance I ran. I was level 68 trying to do something like:

single: B3->B4->T3->F4->F4->F4->F1->F4 until I run out then start over

not sure when to use firestarter and thunder procs? save triplecast or use asap?

AE: B3->T4->Freeze->F2 until I'm low then flare I guess?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Can anybody hook me up with an updated level 70ish BLM rotation guide (single and AE)? I dont have any meters running or anything but I'm pretty sure I just did an embarassing amount of damage in the last doma castle instance I ran. I was level 68 trying to do something like:

single: B3->B4->T3->F4->F4->F4->F1->F4 until I run out then start over

not sure when to use firestarter and thunder procs? save triplecast or use asap?

AE: B3->T4->Freeze->F2 until I'm low then flare I guess?

That's basically it, use procs and instant casts for movement and to avoid clipping. Generally better to cast thunder between the two ice casts since if it's the last cast you might not get a mana tick before fire phase. Doesn't really matter.

New AOE rotation is B2-Freeze-F2x3-Flarex2. Do Thunder4 and Foul as ice filler or whenever you want, just keep the dot up and don't waste procs, use sharpcast on cooldown. It's much easier in EW.

Use Triplecast to get more uptime, blast packs while running to a pull, and never miss a gcd during bosses.

Advanced tech- use Triplecast, Swiftcast, Manafont, and an ether to cast 4 flares in 4 GCDs.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
80 and 90 please TIA

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Are there studium macros? I tried to google it but got a weird excel doc with anime girls in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Were the anime girls next to the answer to your question