Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

infernal machines posted:

i saw it at my local cinema dome giant-rear end imax and it was :kiss:. the sound in that place is incredible

i saw 2049 in imax and it was great. when the synths hit as the ships took off headed for las vegas the hair raised on the back of my neck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

best tarantino movie is jackie brown

worst is once upon a time in hollywood

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

fart simpson posted:

best tarantino movie is jackie brown

worst is once upon a time in hollywood

i think we have to start saying "best acting (in a tarantino movie)"

like jackie brown has that scene where the young girl is so annoying that she gets shot in the face

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Carthag Tuek posted:

that early scene from Arrival where the mist comes in over the mountains and you don't see what's there untill they do, thats extremely well done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMWFbd9zsK4

the sheer size of it

god this movie was so loving good

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Jonny 290 posted:

god this movie was so loving good

i cant believe you only saw it after dunc. wtf man

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
naw i saw it a few months before dunc and thats what got me excited for the latter
i still havent watched sicario or w/e but

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Jonny 290 posted:

naw i saw it a few months before dunc and thats what got me excited for the latter
i still havent watched sicario or w/e but

the first sicario is fantastic, the rest are garbage

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

literally pay this dude a hundred million dollars a year on salary to just occasionally poo poo out a 3 hour movie of slow pan/zoomouts of Giant Egg Space Ship with bass heavy ambient music, i will eat that slop up every single god drat time. arrival was amazing. dunc is amazing. use his powers for Good.

he should do a version of valerian et laureline.

fart simpson posted:

i saw 2049 in imax and it was great. when the synths hit as the ships took off headed for las vegas the hair raised on the back of my neck

ths kids these days call that "ASMR" and think they discovered it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i never understood how it's different from acknowledging that it sounds good when ppl whisper at you privately

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Isn't ASMR just the same thing as when you get an electric chill during a super good part of a song

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

no it's like when you're in the zone and put down 5 words in a crossword puzzle in one go but also there's a brass section

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

arrival is probably my favorite movie of the last decade

and blade runner 2049 was great until they shoehorned in harrison ford. actually, everything ford does these days follows that rule

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

"neo wants to find/resucue trinity" is the most i can remember from the new matrix movie. there was nothing else interesting there

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lord funk posted:

arrival is probably my favorite movie of the last decade

and blade runner 2049 was great until they shoehorned in harrison ford. actually, everything ford does these days follows that rule

yeah i don't care for Ford anymore either

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lord funk posted:

actually, everything ford does these days follows that rule

these days? lol ford has been openly contemptuous of cinema and bored with all his roles since probably idk, indiana joes and the lost crusade. and probably even before then. but hey a mans gotta get that big paycheck to fund hobbyist small airplane flying in jackson hole once in awhile.

at least it kinda worked in 2049 but yes he was the worst part

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Xaris posted:

wrong but entirely understandable that you would blank jared leto’s role from your memory

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

jesus WEP posted:

wrong but entirely understandable that you would blank jared leto’s role from your memory
yeah

ford playing an old crank that wanted to be left alone was actually pretty spot on casting for 2049

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Xaris posted:

these days? lol ford has been openly contemptuous of cinema and bored with all his roles since probably idk, indiana joes and the lost crusade. and probably even before then. but hey a mans gotta get that big paycheck to fund hobbyist small airplane flying in jackson hole once in awhile.

He's spending his millions on the finest weed money can buy.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Yellowjackets on Showtime is good so far. I’m starting to get invested so I assume it won’t stick the landing. Christina Ricci is great either way.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Forged In Fire marathons all day xmas and boxing day :toot:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Xaris posted:

he had to be tricked into star wars, he has never wanted to act

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

tk posted:

Christina Ricci is great
:hai:

shes certainly had a very interesting career

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mecookiemonster/status/1474473452908290055

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
merry christmas, time to open gifts
https://twitter.com/ultrakillblast/status/1474499434734133279?s=21

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

literally pay this dude a hundred million dollars a year on salary to just occasionally poo poo out a 3 hour movie of slow pan/zoomouts of Giant Egg Space Ship with bass heavy ambient music, i will eat that slop up every single god drat time. arrival was amazing. dunc is amazing. use his powers for Good.

I just want an uninterrupted 5-10 minute shot of one of those enormous ships very slowly taking off from the Atriedes' homeworld and making its way into space.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Just finished M4trix. It wasn’t as good as The Matrix but glad they finally made a sequel.

Also, more Christina Ricci was a nice surprise.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
well, i didn't exactly marathon witcher s2, but i burned through it quickly enough anyway. there's probably about one too many plots going on; i guess that's part of the point. had fun, henry cavill is a hunk, i liked the princess's character growth, the mages were just ok, would return to witch again

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

tk posted:

Yellowjackets on Showtime is good so far. I’m starting to get invested so I assume it won’t stick the landing. Christina Ricci is great either way.
wow, that's one hell of a cast. I'm in

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3jmgWAs-YI

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
thats some good japanimation

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwP_kXyd-Rw

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

thats some good japanimation
Good thing it's not anime

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqoyl2p8_lw

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

m4trix was cool. would recommend

please rename yospos to the cattrix

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

m4trix was cool. would recommend

please rename yospos to the cattrix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKwrSou4CCQ

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its christmas which means its time for me to lay on the couch with a buzz and watch all the star wars movies

just finished a new hope, now its empire strikes back (the best one) time

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the second best star wars is rogue one

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jonny 290 posted:

its christmas which means its time for me to lay on the couch with a buzz and watch all the star wars movies

just finished a new hope, now its empire strikes back (the best one) time

I did a rewatch of the original trilogy right before I went on vacation and they still hold up. They're still very fun to watch.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

the second best star wars is rogue one

:yeah:

deeply flawed, but the story is actually interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

C Matrix S: I remember the original very well, but decided to revisit Reloaded which I've only seen once and finally watch Revolutions. The former was fine, though still not a patch on the first movie, and honestly after watching the latter they both support each other. Revolutions had far too much mech-vs-squid stuff, a lot of the big floods of squiddies just looked like 'oh look at these particle style fx we can do now', and the ship-vs-squids stuff in the tunnels was incoherent in places, but I didn't actively hate it, at least it closed the story off.

The final Neo-Smith battle with its murky, rainy lighting was macroblocking murder on whatever encode I was watching, if I cared more about it I'd hunt down a proper new hi-bitrate release so I could actually see what was going on.

I should have done The Animatrix as well, never seen but I'm guessing the 'kid' Neo saved is from there (when he popped up I was thinking 'have I forgotten a bit from the original film?')

At least I can watch Matrix 2021 tonight and not feel I only know half a story.