Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

hmm he's using black oil to enhance his abilities? probably nothing

and yeah I'll get this card in every version

There was a leak a while back that confirmed Jin Gitaxis in the setting right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The Shortest Path posted:

There was a leak a while back that confirmed Jin Gitaxis in the setting right?

Yes

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
How tf is a praetor in kamigawa? is the myojin of night's reach loving around again?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A big flaming stink posted:

How tf is a praetor in kamigawa? is the myojin of night's reach loving around again?

Tezzeret stole the planar gate thingy from bolas after letting him use it to attack ravnica. We've already seen it used to send Vorinclex to jotunheim, presumably this is a similar case.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

i thought the "leak" was that jinny g was gonna be in strixhaven. I remember the proposed design was terrible

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

kalel posted:

i thought the "leak" was that jinny g was gonna be in strixhaven. I remember the proposed design was terrible

Different leaks. Iirc this one has had the rest of the leaked characters confirmed, and hasn't had any card leaks.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Same way Vorinclex was on Kaldheim.

And maybe even the same reason. Vorinclex wanted to know how to make gods and stole some of the Kaldheim God-juice. Kamigawa's Myojin are probably similar enough something something divinity counters for praetors.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Why is tezz pro phyrexians again? I thought he was just bolas's guy

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Why is tezz pro phyrexians again? I thought he was just bolas's guy

Etherium was kinda like living metal, so why not take that further?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wow, someone paid probably close to ten grand to have Rudy crack an Urza's Legacy box, there's some of those available for like 7-8k so I'm sure it was around there. I love seeing the really pricey old boxes get opened, though I'd never have someone else do it for something on that level, goddamn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow5vSXgO8Ro&hd=1

pretty ridiculous luck overall, even with the lovely duplicates

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Divide By Zero is a horseshit card that enables terrible decks and I can't wait until it rotates

Also Merry Christmas MtGoons

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Froghammer posted:

Divide By Zero is a horseshit card that enables terrible decks and I can't wait until it rotates

I'd argue Eyetwitch is at least as bad, especially coupled with Shambling Ghast. It's just supremely boring.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Froghammer posted:

Turns out Ramand is good? Who would've thunk it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Was this discussed?

Double Feature is going to be on Arena for a couple weeks at the end of January.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/mtg-arena-announcements-december-22-2021

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

FYI, MTGO has vintage cube up and everyone with an existing account gets a free draft token. Get at it!

Merry Christmas!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

LeafHouse posted:

FYI, MTGO has vintage cube up and everyone with an existing account gets a free draft token. Get at it!

Merry Christmas!

Is it phantom?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Is it phantom?

Nope, you get to keep all of the power you draft, they want to make vintage a thing on mtgo again.

:v:

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Mtgo is the only place where vintage is still a thing anyways

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

rickiep00h posted:

I'd argue Eyetwitch is at least as bad, especially coupled with Shambling Ghast. It's just supremely boring.
shambling ghast is sometimes the only thing standing in the way of monowhite aggro just steamrolling over my monoblack deck. it's a shockingly powerful card, I thought it was pretty good in draft but it's insanely good in constructed both as a weenie-killer and as ramp, that it gives you options is so good. if I have an opening hand ghast against MW aggro, usually it goes like this:

MW t1: hopeful initiate

my T1: shambling ghast

MW t2: luminarch aspirant, they either have to buff the initiate to be able to attack without sacrificing it to the ghast, or buff the aspirant so that blocking the initiate with the ghast doesn't kill it. most of the time they just pass through. that's often enough slowdown for me to prep against whatever they might drop next, get a deadly dispute ready, etc. it's a really great little common.

eyetwitch is also, of course, absurdly good for a 1-drop.

divide by zero though, that is genuinely one of the most annoying cards to play against specifically because it's not just a bounce spell, it's a tempo counter for even uncounterables, and it rolls right into teachings of the archaics or whatever as a followup.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

LeafHouse posted:

Merry Christmas!

HootTheOwl posted:

Is it phantom?

My favorite mtgo-ism was when they had one of their cubes up and accidentally forgot the phantom setting so the first few people through their draft realized this somehow and really quick fired off a number of drafts in a row picking money cards and then either traded the cards to different accounts or sold the cards to bots

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Drewjitsu posted:

Nope, you get to keep all of the power you draft, they want to make vintage a thing on mtgo again.

:v:

Fondly remembering the time when it launched and they hosed it up and you did in fact keep everything you drafted. Managed to trade out a few hundred tix worth before they locked everyone's accounts down.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Fondly remembering the time when it launched and they hosed it up and you did in fact keep everything you drafted. Managed to trade out a few hundred tix worth before they locked everyone's accounts down.

Post your favourite mtgo bugs.

"Greenuce"

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Drewjitsu posted:

"Greenuce"

Guerilla Tactics triggering for no reason

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Lone Goat posted:

Was this discussed?

Double Feature is going to be on Arena for a couple weeks at the end of January.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/mtg-arena-announcements-december-22-2021

Huge bummer it’s only for two weeks. I’m supremely bored with this draft format and Alchemy has kind of killed my interest in constructed formats right now…

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
One of the streamers I started watching to learn more about the draft format in arena also does Vintage Cube on MTGO. I'll be honest after only playing and watching MTG arena, the first time I saw the MTGO interface for a match I had no idea what the gently caress was going on and couldn't follow a drat thing.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
is there anything fun that can be done with heartbeat of spring in modern? or is it better to ramp with arbor elf/utopia sprawl type stuff?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ilmucche posted:

is there anything fun that can be done with heartbeat of spring in modern? or is it better to ramp with arbor elf/utopia sprawl type stuff?

The elf sprawl is better because getting to 3 on t2 while taking t1 off is much more powerful than getting to 8 on 4 when you take t3 off.
And unlike tron you only get one Heartbeat, whereas they get tron, scrying, stirrings, map and temple.

E: Oh and heartbeat is symetrical.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Ah that's a shame. Mana flare effects seem like they'd be fun if there was a good way to use them.

Maybe I'll try and brew some pioneer riot jank instead.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
When Modern was new, people tried hearttbeat effects in a turbo fog deck with any of a couple mana sink wincons (helix pinnacle types) and never really saw any results. It’s a shame, but especially as modern has grown in power, there’s just not a place for mana doublers if your opponent can untap after you play them.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Drewjitsu posted:

"Greenuce"

The one where if you bestowed a Spirespine on your opponent's creature, it timed out your opponent

https://magic.wizards.com/en/MTGO/articles/archive/magic-online-announcements-october-7-2014

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ilmucche posted:

Ah that's a shame. Mana flare effects seem like they'd be fun if there was a good way to use them.

Maybe I'll try and brew some pioneer riot jank instead.

There was a standard Heartbeat combo deck back in 2005 or whatever that you can look up, the fact that your opponent gets the bonus first makes Heartbeat pretty hard to use fair

Yoked
Apr 3, 2007

Mike N Eich posted:

Huge bummer it’s only for two weeks. I’m supremely bored with this draft format and Alchemy has kind of killed my interest in constructed formats right now…

Kamigawa Neon Dynasty comes out on Arena on Feb 10 so it’s not surprising this doesn’t have a very long run.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I don't know why you guys trust leaks you can read; if it's real, it's via a lovely blurry photograph.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Elyv posted:

There was a standard Heartbeat combo deck back in 2005 or whatever that you can look up, the fact that your opponent gets the bonus first makes Heartbeat pretty hard to use fair

This is the real reason

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Anyone know what "Connected" means?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Drewjitsu posted:

"Greenuce"

When you won a game simply by playing this spell because it caused your opponent to time out because it wouldn’t let them make a choice

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Strong Sauce posted:

They share a vague theme, like set mechanics, tribal types etc. So like in one pack you get a bunch of "blood matters" cards, in another you get a bunch of humans etc.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Strong Sauce posted:

They don't cut the cards apart.

Jokes aside, they'll be following a theme. Like from the same archetype or color pair. STX might have the commons and uncommons all be from Prismari, or whatever.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

I bought a collector booster on a whim and got a dominating vampire, and a foil dominating vampire. The coolest card was probably the foil black and white swamp. Lesson learned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
The foil b&w land is dope as hell tho