Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Grimdude posted:

I love these cartoons that just pretend there aren't entire supermarkets filled with people not wearing masks. Also that people aren't having gatherings anyway regardless the state of the pandemic. Yes it is definitely only the liberal elites who get away with it.

I live in a purple state. I went the the grocery store earlier today, and I can confidently say that >50% of people were wearing masks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

lmao perfect

ewiley posted:

Hahah what

Trump held a white house "social media summit" to which he invited a bunch of banned internet nazis, most of which I'd never heard of, but Garrison's record of nazi poo poo is public enough that his invite was rescinded once one of Trump's handlers caught wind of it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Look at that mule :wtc:

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

JamesBont posted:

I live in a purple state. I went the the grocery store earlier today, and I can confidently say that >50% of people were wearing masks.
In my west PA experience it has depended on the grocery store: Whole Foods has a lot of masks, Giant Eagle has mostly masked, Gas Stations are 50/50, the rest stops on the turnpike were mostly unmasked.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/keepinitciviI/status/1473968766912704512?t=epwCnKwq2nhUgM5sqGhOyw&s=19

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
It’s pretty amazing can be too bad even for a Trump crony.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

The cumdeer is right, transporting 2.2 trillion cums in a single cum sled in completely irresponsible. AGC.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Raised By Birds posted:

Gary Varvel

Immanuel

Is Liberty Jesus' face supposed to be made up of Mary holding baby Jesus over the manger? Only they're drawn in monochrome and a different style so all my brain can see is those dudes going "Hey giant statue head, get a whiff of what's in the box!"

Fister Roboto posted:

Look at that mule :wtc:

count_von_count fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 24, 2021

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

All these 'Santa doesn't like people asking for free stuff' cartoons should be their own category, opposite the one where Santa is Bad, Actually.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

kartikeya posted:

All these 'Santa doesn't like people asking for free stuff' cartoons should be their own category, opposite the one where Santa is Bad, Actually.

See also: Robin Hood as the bad guy.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Chip Bok

:sever:

Steve Breen

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

KAL

Steve Kelley

Marty Two Bulls

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Scott Stantis

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Season’s Greeter
Fauci says you should ask for proof of vaccination before allowing family members in to celebrate Christmas.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Conservatives, as we all know, are morally opposed to asking people for their papers.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

count_von_count posted:

Is Liberty Jesus' face supposed to be made up of Mary holding baby Jesus over the manger? Only they're drawn in monochrome and a different style so all my brain can see is those dudes going "Hey giant statue head, get a whiff of what's in the box!"

Yes, in the earlier compilation link that Ralepozozaxe identified. Varvel refers to them as "dual-image cartoons".

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

kartikeya posted:

Conservatives, as we all know, are morally opposed to asking people for their papers.

Only for certain people though.
Trying to remember, what was Branco's opinion on Voter ID laws again? I'm sure it's consistent with his stance on proof of vaccination...

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I'm trying to think of things I give less of a poo poo about than jewelry stores getting robbed, and so far it's a pretty short list. Like, while I don't think it's that big a deal, at least I can give at least a little bit of a poo poo about department stores getting robbed, because if things like food and diapers and medicine are being stolen, that's less available for other people who might need it, and someone might end up without something necessary. That's at least something I can care a little bit about.

But jewelry stores it's like, oh no, rich assholes will have less ostentatious poo poo to wear? Who loving cares.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
But also if people are stealing diapers and food they probably need them, those aren't the high resale targets.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Raised By Birds posted:

Marty Two Bulls

I'm not sure the message here. I wouldn't assume its supposed to be pleasant but the amazon box Santa seems nice and all the phone children look happy enough?

Just a general anti consumerism holidays cartoon?

quote:

Henry Payne

Please leave if your optometrist (or any doctor) refuses to mask up

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Have conservatives officially moved on from Q

I don't think I've seem garrison sneak it in any of his toons in a long time

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Garrison was never fooled by Q. He may have borrowed the symbology once or twice, but he always had a healthy skepticism. And besides, it was Tina who was the true believer, not him. Ol' Ben's too savvy to be taken in by hucksters.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Adult Crime, Not Adult Logic

Ted Rall posted:

Oxford Michigan school shooter Ethan Crumbley is merely the latest child, 15 years old, to be tried as an adult. If society wants to punish children as adults, it should grant them the same privileges to be consistent.

First Dog on the Moon: A Christmas message from the First Dog on the Moon Institute

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
"If I Had a Hammer" was originally written as a pro-labour union song and was adopted by the civil rights movement as a protest song. In case anybody was missing the dogwhistle here.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on a lack of help to ease Covid pressures on the NHS – With experts warning there is still a risk the health service could be overwhelmed by the Omicron variant, the government has as yet no plans to take new measures in England"

Telegraph:

Matt:

‘This isn’t right’: Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson voices player welfare fears

Times:

Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon of 2021.

Merry Christmas everyone! I'll see you in a few days!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Correct: we shouldn't focus on punishing crime as much as rehabilitating the offender. Abolish the prison industrial complex.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

How dare this person ask for exactly what Boomers got during their lives!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Trapezium Dave posted:

Of course, it took it happening to a white kid for Rall to start caring about minors being charged as adults, but better... late than never? I guess?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Trapezium Dave posted:

I agree, if you're 15 and commit murder you've earned the rights to drink, vote and enlist early.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

SubG posted:

"If I Had a Hammer" was originally written as a pro-labour union song and was adopted by the civil rights movement as a protest song. In case anybody was missing the dogwhistle here.

Thanks, I was sure it was something terrible, but couldn't put my finger on it.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

the_steve posted:

Only for certain people though.
Trying to remember, what was Branco's opinion on Voter ID laws again? I'm sure it's consistent with his stance on proof of vaccination...

It's perfectly consistent in that he doesn't want white people inconvenienced!

Also, Rall isn't wrong, but I feel like 90% of his recent cartoons have been some version of this.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Republicans posted:

I agree, if you're 15 and commit murder you've earned the rights to drink, vote and enlist early.

Teenagers committing murder was how we got the 26th amendment, yes

But, like, the good kind of murder

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Gary Markstein

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Scott Stantis

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Commander and Thief
In just a few months Biden’s reign has been on big smash and grab of our constitutional liberties.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

That fucker's taking our poo poo!

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Soon we're going to need a bingo board for all the things Branco gives Biden.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Lazy concept but well executed.

much like the GOP strategy.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
If the police haven't actually been defunded, (which even Goodwyn is tacitly admitting) then how the gently caress does that lead to increased crime? Just admit cops don't stop poo poo.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Vib Rib posted:

If the police haven't actually been defunded, (which even Goodwyn is tacitly admitting) then how the gently caress does that lead to increased crime? Just admit cops don't stop poo poo.
Cops take so long to respond that if you commit a crime today, they might be defunded before they bother to show up. A 911 is a joke cartoon.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Cops are so fragile and delicate that the mere mention of consequences for their actions is enough for them to declare the end of days.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
if it's just a push to defund the police that causes crime waves, then clearly what needs to be done is defund the police in secret and just say we didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

By popular demand posted:

Lazy concept but well executed.

much like the GOP strategy.

Looking at his other cartoons does look like he actually put in the effort to get K.C Greens style down.