Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gurz
Sep 9, 2000
THE 12" DILDO IN MY ASS IS ONLY A PLACEHOLDER FOR PULSATING HOT COCKS
I already prepared my goose and put it to dry brine in the fridge, extracted a lot of Schmalz from the flomen, have kurzbrat and eaten the leber, and am also cooking a Brühe from the Hals and the other Innereien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Yo, frohe Feiertage! Looking forward to another year with y'all! :cheers:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I've lost weight in the last five days. Gonna lay on some beer and turkey and see how that turns out

Deathmic
Oct 24, 2009
Preparing for the ritual of Fondue and Raclette. It is so good until it isn't anymore.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Deathmic posted:

Preparing for the ritual of Fondue and Raclette. It is so good until it isn't anymore.

I'm so tired hungry reading this.... (our tradition is Würstchen mit Kartoffelsalat, which is also good, but Raclette is for Neujahr hier....argh....I need some Raclette)

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Frohe Weihnachten Deutschgoons und herzlichen Glückwunsch das ihr es bis hier hin geschafft habt

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Dec 24, 2021

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Frohes Fest! Bleibt gesund.

Deathmic posted:

Hey, das mache wir auch normalerweise!

:hfive:

spckr
Aug 3, 2014

here we go
Frohe Weihnachten ihr Lappen

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Gurz posted:

I already prepared my goose and put it to dry brine in the fridge, extracted a lot of Schmalz from the flomen, have kurzbrat and eaten the leber, and am also cooking a Brühe from the Hals and the other Innereien.

Started prep 2 days ago, cut up 2 ducks, took out the breasts and legs, legs went into the sous vide for 36 hours to make confit, breasts vacced and fridged, cooked a stock from the rest.

Had a poo poo load of duck fat leftover that I melted and strained, so yesterday made roast potatoes in duck fat, today it's duck confit and duck breast with red cabbage and potatoe dumplings, tomorrow fondant potatoes in thyme butter, sunday a mix of wild boar and stag gulasch with the rest of the red cabbage and dumplings.

I'll gain at least 2 kgs but gently caress it, not much else going on anyway.

Merry Christmas deutschgoons

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I'm vegan.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.

ephex posted:

Frohes Fest! Bleibt gesund.

This, und/oder werdet gesund if you aren’t.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Merry Christmas, dear deutschgoons. You're all good people :3:

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

MuLepton posted:

This, und/oder werdet gesund if you aren’t.

And if you are: Schönheit!

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

niethan posted:

I'm vegan.

Same, nussbraten or bust

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Zwille posted:

Same, nussbraten or bust

Looks pretty good

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

We had Überbackene Seelen and Kartoffelsalat, since my in-laws are intensely Swabian.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

About to eat eingelegte Schnitzel and Spätzle and will continue to do so for the next few days because there's always leftovers :yum:

KozmoNaut posted:

We had Überbackene Seelen and Kartoffelsalat, since my in-laws are intensely Swabian.
Had to google that to make sure you're not an evil lord that consumes souls

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

My girlfriend is a cooking enthousiast. She stood in the kitchen for almost two entire days and would only let me help for menial things like dicing up a squash. Our entire fridge as well as our car trunk is now filled with the best food I've eaten all year. I'm a happy little boy right now.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
merry christmas, deutschfaden. i hope everyone is drunk and full of delicious food. i know i am.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Zwille posted:

Same, nussbraten or bust

We had seitansauerbraten. It was chewy. But all in all good food. Salad was good, Spätzle were good. Had Waffeln round a fire. 7/10

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

We had seitansbraten last year and it was chewy as well. I suspect it’s not quite suitable lol

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

traditional Heiligabend meal here is Bratwurst+Sauerkraut. merry Christmas goons

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Merry christmas everyone!
Evening meal was Semmelknödel(n??) with Rahmschwammerln, which was already a herculean task with a 6 week old & grumpy baby around.

Enjoy the holidays and don't die before I do!

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Merry Christmas!

And hello my old friend Schneeschippe, we got work to do.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I’m still full of Käseworschd und Kartoffelsalat

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

KonvexKonkav posted:

traditional Heiligabend meal here is Bratwurst+Sauerkraut. merry Christmas goons

Schlesische Bratwurst?
Same here for as long as I can remember.
Plus Sauerkraut and Kartoffelpü.
Got three days worth of leftovers in the fridge.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Happy Holidays! I ate too much yesterday, and will eat too much today and tomorrow, too. But I don't care. Gonna burn some calories using the Schneeschippe to clear our Einfahrt, if our relatives weren't visiting us, I wouldn't need to bother. But this way I can eat even more, so it's all good.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Made lasagne with my wife (she sauce me assembly) for my side of the family - it's a tradition from hers, we're putting new food blood into these traditions!

Evening was Pfälzer + Kraut to not unsettle the standard food expectations too too much

Just made the leftover sauces into fresh lasagne, hell yeah

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
putting the fun in dysfunctional
My husband’s idiot cousin caused a deadly head-on car crash yesterday while trying to pass on a two lane highway, apparently he had just gotten his license and it was complete reckless driving. What happens in Germany when something like this happens? Lost license, jail time? I am always terrified by people passing recklessly when they shouldn’t. That poor woman’s family.

Sorry for the gloom post.

jaylynne fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 25, 2021

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

jaylynne posted:

My husband’s idiot cousin caused a deadly head-on car crash yesterday while trying to pass on a two lane highway, apparently he had just gotten his license and it was complete reckless driving. What happens in Germany when something like this happens? Lost license, jail time? I am always terrified by people passing recklessly when they shouldn’t. That poor woman’s family.

Driving reclessly in a manner that accepts the the death of bystanders (or -drivers) as a possible and somewhat likely outcome has been ruled murder recently (see also "Raserurteil") in a case where some street racers drove through a red light and killed someone. So that's the worst case. Even if that ruling isn't applied, I don't see this going over well for the guy in legal terms. His license is the least of his worries, not because he is going to keep it but because all the other consequences.

That's some lovely Christmas for all involved :(

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

That Urteil was also for a guy who was participating in need for speed underground shenanigans in the middle of Berlin. If you just happen to kill someone judges can be surprisingly lenient for drivers. I don’t approve but your cousin might be lucky idk. Depends!

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
I’m hoping there will be some serious consequences for him. I feel for the family, I’m sure they’re torn up (we haven’t spoken to them directly) but in my mind, recklessly passing on a two-way road due to impatience is absolutely loving inexcusable. This was 100% preventable.

jaylynne fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Dec 25, 2021

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Far too many people who think 100 is not nearly fast enough on a Bundesstraße.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
racklett get, weihnachten is here, frohes fest allesammen

also rip to those who died

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Recklessly killing someone with your car is nbd legally, that street racing thing isn't really representative

coke zero mit mayo
Nov 5, 2008
Please beat your raser cousin grün und blau

tia

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

jaylynne posted:

Unlikely to actually have to serve time, especially if they just got their license and might hence conceivably tried under noticeably milder youth penal law.

But even if tried as an adult, it's basically how aphid_licker describes it. The street racing thing is about something totally else and gets misrepresented (like basically every legal decision ever) in general media.

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005

coke zero mit mayo posted:

Please beat your raser cousin grün und blau

tia

Stimmt

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

mcbexx posted:

Schlesische Bratwurst?
Same here for as long as I can remember.
Plus Sauerkraut and Kartoffelpü.
Got three days worth of leftovers in the fridge.

Erzgebirgische Weihnachtsbratwurst, so essentially the same, as well as Sauerkraut and Salzkartoffeln.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

My parents are removing the paper tag from the Teebeutel and putin it in ze Altpapier and the rest in the Biomüll :catstare:

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Dec 25, 2021