Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

2house2fly posted:

Pathfinder Kingmaker confirmed for free.

And two dlc as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Hollandia posted:

And two dlc as well.

Thanks for pointing this out. No idea if they’re normally free and I won’t be playing the game anyway but at least I know that I’ve not potentially missed out on some free stuff.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Weavered posted:

No idea if they’re normally free and I won’t be playing the game anyway but at least I know that I’ve not potentially missed out on some free stuff.

Thank you.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Can I claim free epic games from the web instead of their app? Going to a family Christmas all day tomorrow but my old laptop is having problems running the launcher.

Edit: Hah should have just googled. If anyone else wonders, yes you can claim on mobile browser.

Donkringel fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 25, 2021

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
Yes you can.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

Donkringel posted:

Can I claim free epic games from the web instead of their app? Going to a family Christmas all day tomorrow but my old laptop is having problems running the launcher.
Yep, works without issue. I'm doing the same.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

an actual frog posted:

Yep, works without issue. I'm doing the same.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

Hell yeah, even got to use the new add to cart feature that should have been there at launch!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

2house2fly posted:

Pathfinder Kingmaker confirmed for free. Was the leak that said that would be free the same one that said Prey would be?

Hey I actually kinda want to play this one

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bowmore posted:

Hey I actually kinda want to play this one

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Free Games: Do not play, do not play.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Lib and let die posted:

Free Games: Do not pay, do not play.

Ftfy

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Prey (the new one) is todays game as expected

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Prey is today's free game from Epic, absolutely something you should grab if you don't already have it.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The description mentions Mooncrash (the expansion) but there's no separate listing for it on the store, maybe it's just bundled in?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

repiv posted:

The description mentions Mooncrash (the expansion) but there's no separate listing for it on the store, maybe it's just bundled in?

It supposedly includes everything. I'll check soon

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Rynoto posted:

It supposedly includes everything. I'll check soon
Yeah, looks like it. Sweet. The one annoying thing about these AAA free games from Epic (first world problems!) is that they often don't include the DLC, so it's really refreshing to have the full thing sometimes.
I still have not spent a single penny on their store and I think I have like 150 games, lol.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 25, 2021

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I kind of assumed part of the incentive to give a game away was to encourage people to buy the DLC and boost the attach rate a bit. Considering how acclaimed both the game and expansion were it's insane to make the whole package free! Not that I'm complaining

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

:hmmyes:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I've posted this a few times in the steam thread when Prey comes up, so I'm posting it again for the benefit of new players in this thread.

I didn't enjoy Prey the first time I tried it. For some reason I wanted to do a stealthy hacker build and it turns out that makes you a huge bitch when you're getting chased around by aliens.

Some time later I decided to try Mooncrash. Mooncrash lets you try out all of the different ways to play through its own campaign in the form of different characters with different specializations. After playing through and enjoying Mooncrash with all of its characters, I decided to play the main campaign again with a combat specialized character and I had a great time. I highly suggest giving Mooncrash a try and taking the knowledge you gain there with you to the main campaign, unless you plan on putting the game on easy mode for the sake of only experiencing the story and the game environment (which is also cool).

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
It's a classic failing of games that allow different types of characters to make non-combat characters unviable. Sad to hear that this game falls Prey (pun fully intended) to that. Sad, but not surprised.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

I have (and completed) this on steam, yet I have an almost Pavlovian reaction to add this to my epic account.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Can confirm that Mooncrash is included.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHdaSX-E2Gw

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

JustJeff88 posted:

It's a classic failing of games that allow different types of characters to make non-combat characters unviable. Sad to hear that this game falls Prey (pun fully intended) to that. Sad, but not surprised.

It's not nearly as bad as Dishonored. That game had a problem that the "good" playthrough was about crouching and choking people or using sleeping darts when you're daring. Meanwhile "bad" playthrough is about possessing people, stopping time, creating wirhlwinds, maaking people die from their own hacked dieselpunk security systems, cool swordfighting with unique kill for every major character.

Prey moral judgment isbabout the usage of certain abilities, and even then it's not that restrictive. You still have to use a lot of interesting mechanics in Prey. And yeah, Mooncrash allows you to play a lot of archetypes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The best way to play prey is to just pick whatever abilities you want. Don't worry about any "consequences" the game warns you about. Whatever happens because of the abilities you pick doesn't matter in the least. The absolute worst that happens is the auto turrets start shooting at you if you go too far in one direction, not a big deal. Just go nuts and have fun. Too many people freak out about what abilities to pick and then just don't pick anything cool. The game is about going loving nuts.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 25, 2021

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Since Pret has been confirmed are there any other interesting games on the leaked Epic list?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Donkringel posted:

Since Pret has been confirmed are there any other interesting games on the leaked Epic list?

control is possibly tomorrow, if you didn't get that off of amazon prime recently

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Donkringel posted:

Tomorrow has a ring so it's going to be goatse.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
by the time you can trigger turrets to attack you turrets aren't a threat to anything including yourself

it might matter more if you could get access to those skills right from the start but you can't.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The hand in the teaser image fits Control's key art perfectly, so that's gotta be tomorrow's game.

Neat that Mooncrash is included in the EGS version of Prey when it's additional paid DLC on Steam and the Microsoft Store/Game Pass PC version doesn't even offer it.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

JustJeff88 posted:

I wouldn't say it's unviable if you really know what you're doing. But you probably don't know what you're doing on your very first run and it's much simpler to have a character that is good at fighting things.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

ErrEff posted:

The hand in the teaser image fits Control's key art perfectly, so that's gotta be tomorrow's game.

Neat that Mooncrash is included in the EGS version of Prey when it's additional paid DLC on Steam and the Microsoft Store/Game Pass PC version doesn't even offer it.

I already have Prey & Mooncrash on GOG. They are sold separately with the base game being 30 USD and the expansion 20 by default, which is awfully lopsided in my opinion. During the current seasonal sale, the base game is actually cheaper because it is 75% off while Mooncrash is only 60%

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

by the time you can trigger turrets to attack you turrets aren't a threat to anything including yourself

it might matter more if you could get access to those skills right from the start but you can't.

I wish turrets actually mattered more. They're just lovely alarms.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

You can beef up the turrets quite a bit, which can make them pretty useful.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

IIRC even beefed up, they still get knocked over by the slightest breeze

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I find they're most useful in groups.

Also, turn them off before going through a loading screen or they're likely to just get exploded automatically when the game decides to repopulate the area.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Control is free on EGS again

The season pass is also dirt cheap

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

bees x1000 posted:

IIRC even beefed up, they still get knocked over by the slightest breeze

Yeah, that's typically my problem with them. Even a hallway full of them will get knocked over immediately before they can really damage anything.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
So was there a leak for tomorrow's Epic freebie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This I think.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/529660/Mages_of_Mystralia/