Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Why the gently caress is he castling now? He's already been kicked off the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
as an officer, can't he be called back to active and courts martialed?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

ded posted:

as an officer, can't he be called back to active and courts martialed?

This appears to be a case where everyone and everything is hosed, so nobody's going to go through that trouble when he already pleaded to the charges involved:

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/ne...e-marine-corps/

quote:

Ultimately, Scheller’s continued public demands for accountability landed him in a Marine Corps brig, without charge, on Sept. 27. Scheller remained in confinement until on Oct. 5, when he was charged, and his lawyers struck a plea deal with the Marine Corps, in which he pleaded guilty to all violations of the Uniform Code of Military Justice that the Marine Corps levied against him.

During an Oct. 14 court-martial, Scheller pleaded guilty to violating Article 88 (contempt toward officials), Article 89 (disrespect toward superior commissioned officers), Article 90 (willfully disobeying a superior commissioned officer), Article 92 (dereliction in the performance of duties), Article 92 (failure to obey an order or regulation) and 27 specifications of Article 133 (conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman).

Scheller was directed to forfeit $5,000 of pay for one month for these violations. Additionally, part of Scheller’s agreement with prosecutors was that he would resign his commission and receive an honorable discharge or general under honorable conditions as part of the agreement, so long as Navy Secretary Carlos del Toro signed off on the character of the discharge.

Col. Glenn Hines, the Marine judge who oversaw Scheller’s trial, sharply criticized the Marine Corps’ handling of Scheller’s case and rejected the prosecution’s request for further punishment against the outspoken Marine Officer.

Hines described the combination of Scheller’s pretrial confinement, along with alleged leaks to the press, as raising the “specter of unlawful command influence.”

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
There needs to be an addition to the UCMJ that puts the kibosh on profiting from your service in the form of media only. I'd love an anti-PMC clause but they've got their loving talons too deep into the government for that to happen.

"But then no one will want to become an [insert your choice of rear end in a top hat 'Tier 1 Operator' here]!", they'll cry.

gently caress 'em. If we go back to an era where people join their branch's respective special forces for personal reasons rather than the potential book and movie deals, all the better. I know this guy wasn't MARSOC or Force Recon, but the same rule should apply.

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
James Webb Space telescope launches 30 min or so from this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nT7JGZMbtM

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
Webb launch was good. It's on it's way.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Magugu posted:

James Webb Space telescope launches 30 min or so from this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nT7JGZMbtM

Well that's a positive. I've become such a pessimist lately I expected it to just blow up on the launch pad or something.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Magugu posted:

Webb launch was good. It's on it's way.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
28 days of unfolding where if anything goes wrong it's hosed.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Merry Christmas, everyone

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Merry Christmas! What's everybody's favorite Christmas movie? Mine is Jingle All the Way. I watched it last night followed by the "Two Santas" episode of Futurama, the Frasier episode where Martin gets suckered into joining a church pageant, and then Scrooged -- which pretty much sums up my runners-up

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Mine is any Shane Black movie

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, or The Nice Guys.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Bored As gently caress posted:

Mine is any Shane Black movie

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, or The Nice Guys.

I caught The Nice Guys at the theater because of a spur of the moment choice and I'm really glad I did. It has that 80s buddy cop movie feel and Ryan gosling is hilarious.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Die Hard then Lethal Weapon then Die Hard 2

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Soul Dentist posted:

What's everybody's favorite Christmas movie?

Die Hard
:colbert:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt11t4tuEIk

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It's that time again, tag yourself!

I'm “FOREIGN BODY IN HIS RECTUM. HE STATES HE ‘BELIEVES IT IS A VAPE’ AND IS NOT ANSWERING ANY QUESTIONS.”

https://twitter.com/DefectorMedia/status/1474760333139099656?t=iUo-SS0Z1SIVgW4D9evCVg&s=19

Also Die Hard unironically, Christmas movies are bad. Though I did get to watch along Jingle All The Way 2 with the Cinephobe guys and that shitass movie was good to make fun of.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'll cop static for this but Office Christmas Party made me laugh.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
It's a Wonderful Life. One of those rare films that gets better with time.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

dibs on “STUCK A ‘HARD POOP’ UP HER NOSE THAT SHE FOUND IN HER SISTER’S DRAWER IN THE BEDROOM”

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'll take:

“WAS ‘JOKING AROUND WITH FRIENDS’ WHEN JOKE WAS TAKEN TOO FAR AND A CAN WAS PUT INTO HIS RECTUM”

Taken too far indeed.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

Merry Christmas! What's everybody's favorite Christmas movie? Mine is Jingle All the Way. I watched it last night followed by the "Two Santas" episode of Futurama, the Frasier episode where Martin gets suckered into joining a church pageant, and then Scrooged -- which pretty much sums up my runners-up

Christmas Vacation.

Shitter’s full.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It does. I really appreciate the message - you probably won't grow up to be an astronaut football star president but that's okay. You can be a good person and make a difference anyway.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Stultus Maximus posted:

It does. I really appreciate the message - you probably won't grow up to be an astronaut football star president but that's okay. You can be a good person and make a difference anyway.

No one's ever going to top this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonny_Kim

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

All those missions and he wasn’t a witness to any war crimes?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:wtc::stare:

quote:

Penis

PLASTIC FORK
SPORK
FOUR PLASTIC SPOONS
MARBLE
SCREW AND PIECE OF PEN
TAPE AND PAPER
“PUT A CHOPSTICK IN HIS URETHRA LAST NIGHT TO MAKE HIS PENIS LONGER AND WAS UNABLE TO REMOVE IT”
BEADS ON STRING
CLOTHING PRICE TAG
END OF A RAT TAIL COMB
TWO TWEEZERS
“HEADPHONES CORD TO PREVENT WET DREAMS”
NAILS
HEX KEY
DART
BREAD TWIST TIE
PIECE OF METAL FROM COVID MASK
“WHILE MASTURBATING WITH A SEWING NEEDLE HE LOST CONTROL OF THE NEEDLE AND IT DISAPPEARED INTO THE MEATUS OF HIS PENIS”

Vagina

SPIKED PENIS RING
TWO HALVES OF BROKEN COLORED PENCIL
DISPOSABLE RAZOR
HAIRBRUSH
BARBELL
PILL BOTTLE
TWO BATTERIES
PENNY AND SHAMPOO CAP
“PATIENT WAS HAVING SEX WITH HER BOYFRIEND LAST NIGHT AND A VIBRATOR WAS PLACED IN HER VAGINA IT IS STILL VIBRATING AND IS STUCK”
TOY DINOSAURS
CANDLE
A UNICORN
HUSBAND’S WEDDING RING
GLOW-IN-THE-DARK BALL
DETERGENT POD
SPIDER-MAN ACTION FIGURE

Rectum

BOTTLE CAP
PLASTIC SODA BOTTLE
“WAS ‘JOKING AROUND WITH FRIENDS’ WHEN JOKE WAS TAKEN TOO FAR AND A CAN WAS PUT INTO HIS RECTUM”
CLICK GEL PEN
BRONZE HANDLE OF A TOOL
2 BATTERIES
GLUE BOTTLE
“WENT TO SIT DOWN IN THE BATHTUB AND SAT ON A PLASTIC BOTTLE OF BUBBLE BATH THAT WENT INTO HIS RECTUM”
FLATHEAD SCREWDRIVER
PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWDRIVER
TOOTHBRUSH CASE
PUMP ACTION PLASTIC ALCOHOL DISPENSER
BAR OF SOAP
ROLLING PIN
“STATES HE AND HIS WIFE WERE HAVING SEX WHEN SHE PLACED A RUBBER PENIS IN HIS RECTUM AND IT BROKE OFF”
“STUCK PLASTIC TOILET PAPER HOLDER IN RECTUM DURING SEXUAL ENCOUNTER W/ PARTNER WHILE INTOXICATED”
“REPORTS WAS ‘PLAYING WITH MY WIFE’ WHEN THE CAP OF AN AEROSOL CAN BECAME DISLODGED & STUCK IN HIS RECTUM”
RUBBER BALL
SQUISHY BALL
STRESS BALL
BILLIARD BALL
“PT STATES WAS ATTEMPTING TO HOLD A BALL IN GLUTEAL FOLD & BELIEVES GOT LOST. NOT 100% THAT BALL IS IN RECTUM”
TOY DINOSAUR
TOY ROCKET
PUZZLE PIECES
“SOME MARBLES”
HEXBUG ROBOTIC TOY
“STATES HE AND HIS FRIENDS HAD A PRACTICAL JOKE GOING ON EACH OTHER. THIS TIME, HE WAS SLEEPING WHEN HIS FRIEND PUT A DILDO IN HIS RECTUM AND NOW UNABLE TO GET IT OUT”
SHAMPOO BOTTLE
LOTION BOTTLE
HAIRSPRAY
“HAVING TROUBLE GOING POOP SO HE PLACED A MECHANICAL PENCIL IN HIS RECTUM. PT NOW UNABLE TO REMOVE. PENCIL IS STICKING OUT.”
MAGIC DICE
HEAD OF ACTION FIGURE
TWEEZERS
SCISSOR TONGS
TOWEL WITH A SOCK OVER IT & GLOVE OVER THE SOCK
AXE BODY SPRAY
12″ KNIFE HANDLE-FIRST
“WAS DRINKING WITH FRIENDS AND BELIEVES THAT HE MAY HAVE PLACED A NICKEL AND A DIME INTO HIS RECTUM.”
LIGHT BULB
GRASS AND GOLF TEE
CARROT
LOTTERY TICKET
“FOREIGN BODY IN HIS RECTUM. HE STATES HE ‘BELIEVES IT IS A VAPE’ AND IS NOT ANSWERING ANY QUESTIONS.”

Odds of the rectum guys being military?

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Except how they treat the black maid.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

facialimpediment posted:

It's that time again, tag yourself!

I'm “FOREIGN BODY IN HIS RECTUM. HE STATES HE ‘BELIEVES IT IS A VAPE’ AND IS NOT ANSWERING ANY QUESTIONS.”

https://twitter.com/DefectorMedia/status/1474760333139099656?t=iUo-SS0Z1SIVgW4D9evCVg&s=19

Also Die Hard unironically, Christmas movies are bad. Though I did get to watch along Jingle All The Way 2 with the Cinephobe guys and that shitass movie was good to make fun of.

Earlier this month, a guy in Gloucestershire went to the ER with a ww2 artillery shell up his rear end. He used the old classic "I slipped and fell on it" story.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to be that person. It's a Wonderful Lifeis one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

For everyone who loves it, that's cool and fine, I just had to get this out of my system. :)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Watched a scene from Scroodged. That still holds up while being hella dated.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I'm so happy the James Webb launch went smoothly. Hopefully its space origami unfolding goes equally well.

Happy festivus everyone, may you all own your relatives when it comes time for the feats of strength.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I'm so happy the James Webb launch went smoothly. Hopefully its space origami unfolding goes equally well.

Happy festivus everyone, may you all own your relatives when it comes time for the feats of strength.

That said if there’s any NVA satellites out there they are in deep poo poo.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Marshal Prolapse posted:

:wtc::stare:

Odds of the rectum guys being military?

Tag. I’m the Axe Body Spray.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

I had 3 Asian NCOs when I was first a detachment commander, around the time that Jonny Kim was selected for NASA astronaut training. They would always joke around about how Jonny was ruining it for the rest of them, and that Asian moms were going to tiger mom even harder now. Like “Jonny Kim is a Seal, Doctor, Astronaut, how’d you miss a question on your math quiz!?”

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Soul Dentist posted:

Unironically the Christmas chronicles

Kurt Russelclaus is fantastic.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Counterpoint:

yes it is.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It became rougher to watch knowing that when George Bailey breaks down in front of his family, Jimmy Stewart wasn't really acting. He was tapping into his PTSD, letting it show through. Dude had seriously gone through hell.

I mean, gently caress, look at this.

These photos were taken like three years apart.

This photo was taken for Life Magazine shortly after he came home from WWII in the fall of 1945.

This man is 37 years old in this photo.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

McNally posted:

It became rougher to watch knowing that when George Bailey breaks down in front of his family, Jimmy Stewart wasn't really acting. He was tapping into his PTSD, letting it show through. Dude had seriously gone through hell.

This photo was taken for Life Magazine shortly after he came home from WWII in the fall of 1945.

I didn't know he flew on an Arc Light mission in 1966.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

McNally posted:

Holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/who_shot_jgr/status/1474464846141874177?s=21