Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Fetlife Kuli posted:

At this point I'm inclined to take the milk and bennies cure for COVID, because I probably have a better chance bargaining for my life with the Hatman than I do bargaining for my life with this society.

Extremely same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
There's about a dozen vultures circling above my yard

Sure it's fine

one-time fee
Sep 29, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fetlife Kuli posted:

At this point I'm inclined to take the milk and bennies cure for COVID, because I probably have a better chance bargaining for my life with the Hatman than I do bargaining for my life with this society.

Buddy, my family unit just had Delta visit us through my 10 yo daughter, and my wife is counting down the days she can get dequarantined, to head over to a big gathering with our, quite festive, pals in another city.
I offered to walk her through the week 50 College report, and why the precautionary principle should apply here.
She's not having any of it.

Debating now on how to best handle the divorce initiation. First things first, changing the locks on her when she comes back.

Please pass the milk and bennies to the left hand side.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

facetoucher cat posted:

Sure it's fine

Make friends with them

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Hahaha I have a fever for no reason. Getting tested again Monday morning, no point for me doing it anytime sooner since I already scared everyone off and ruined Xmas. loving owned.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Got tested on Wednesday, the last available day of testing nearby. Results haven't come in and I presume they won't for a matter of days, since nobody is processing the samples on Christmas, I bet. No symptoms for me. My partner missed her test appointment. She has a cruddy throat, but she always has that, especially when it's cold in the morning.

She begged me to have two people over for Christmas dinner. Just two. I initially said no, but I caved on the condition everybody gets tested first. Two turned into four and I have no confirmation anybody got tested, but even if they did, they wouldn't have gotten results by now, like me.

Even smart people are being stupid about all of this.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Merry Christmas everyone. I'm not seeing anyone outside of my household today, as God and Nature have clearly decreed

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

facetoucher cat posted:

Sure it's fine

The vultures are hunting the cats that hunt your birds thus completes the circle of life

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

one-time fee posted:

I'm in Europe and I just had it shipped over the Atlantic, from safety equipment store dot com.
Where I am at, Omi is due to obertake Delta in the coming days, so far I've just been running ffp2 PPE.

The mask is comfortable and the speech diaphragm was effective on dry run presentations.
Haven't got anybody to brief me on a good way to fit test it, beyond what the manual indicates, so have not mainlined it yet in daily life.

Would also appreciate anyone with experience on this unit to share here.

If you've got free time to read them, the OSHA fit testing procedures are here.

https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1910/1910.134AppA

You won't be able to do a lot of the procedures unless you have specialized atomizers and tracers they use to check for leaks, but it has some tips.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

glory to the newborn king (corona virus sars nineteen)

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

one-time fee posted:

Buddy, my family unit just had Delta visit us through my 10 yo daughter, and my wife is counting down the days she can get dequarantined, to head over to a big gathering with our, quite festive, pals in another city.
I offered to walk her through the week 50 College report, and why the precautionary principle should apply here.
She's not having any of it.

Debating now on how to best handle the divorce initiation. First things first, changing the locks on her when she comes back.

Please pass the milk and bennies to the left hand side.

lol

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Animal-Mother posted:

Got tested on Wednesday, the last available day of testing nearby. Results haven't come in and I presume they won't for a matter of days, since nobody is processing the samples on Christmas, I bet. No symptoms for me. My partner missed her test appointment. She has a cruddy throat, but she always has that, especially when it's cold in the morning.

She begged me to have two people over for Christmas dinner. Just two. I initially said no, but I caved on the condition everybody gets tested first. Two turned into four and I have no confirmation anybody got tested, but even if they did, they wouldn't have gotten results by now, like me.

Very illustrative of the slippery social slope that's going to get a lot of people sick.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Dolphin posted:

can covid infect only your butthole?

i have a weird thing

actually covid is stored in the butt (gut)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

At what point does it become covid-21/22? Or is it gonna be covid19 through all its mutations

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

No pussy no hug

😡
hug

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Animal-Mother posted:

Hit da bricks

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Saw a great tweet asking how people have somehow avoided catching covid, and the top answer was, "I have never had FOMO in my life."

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

My wife and I are staying home and making home made tour of Italy with bread sticks and Alfredo sauce

Merry Plaguemas don't open dead outside

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Strep Vote posted:

Saw a great tweet asking how people have somehow avoided catching covid, and the top answer was, "I have never had FOMO in my life."

Fear of missing Omicron?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Animal-Mother posted:

Consider that this partner and you may have divergent calculations about the value of a human life and the precautions necessary to sustain it. Extrapolate that forward into a future of increasing peril and ask yourself if those numbers add up

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Chamale posted:

Hit da bricks

Can't, she totaled our car a couple months ago. lmfao

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
My mom is mad at me but I am holding strong on doing an outdoors food exchange and not even entering the house. Pre cutting up the dessert so we don't even need to interact for that, just show up, grab your portion, leave

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Fascists are not people and their deaths are always a cause for celebration.
As for the liberals,

buddy

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Fear of near missing out

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mr. Lobe posted:

Consider that this partner and you may have divergent calculations about the value of a human life and the precautions necessary to sustain it. Extrapolate that forward into a future of increasing peril and ask yourself if those numbers add up

gently caress yes i want 2 divorces per page lets gooooo

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Yeah I got that fomo
Fear of mild omicron

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

FOMO: Fear Of Mild Omicron

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I am of the opinion that a higher divorce rate is a sign of a healthier society

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

just found out today that the neighbor's kid caught covid and was put on a vent. she's in her 30s and brain dead. single mom. they found out the news on christmas.

hug your loved ones, covid thread. safely, of course.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

happy saturday :toot:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Animal-Mother posted:

Can't, she totaled our car a couple months ago. lmfao

drat she took hit da bricks literally

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

WampaLord posted:

just found out today that the neighbor's kid caught covid and was put on a vent. she's in her 30s and brain dead. single mom. they found out the news on christmas.

hug your loved ones, covid thread. safely, of course.

Jfc that really sucks, poor family :(

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Petey posted:

merry christmas covid thread, check this out from two mainstream, non-doomer immunologists

https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/status/1472992860727390208

Michael Mina is anti-lockdown and I don't trust him

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

kreeningsons posted:

FOMO: Fear Of Mild Omicron

one-time fee
Sep 29, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Lol

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

With apologies to Rubby

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Love that my adult kid does a gentle "Ah ok" response to me begging them to find N95 before they start college or go back to food service this coming week. Well I dunno maybe listen to your crazed Doomer parents kids we are seeing some poo poo 😞

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i probably have covid

lol

lmao

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

my mom just died of a brain hemorrhage out of nowhere. my dad can't walk more than a few steps without an inhaler. both had mercifully mild covid early in the pandemic.

in the former case, idk, maybe it's unrelated, but good lord is all of the "mild" talk pissing me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Atrocious Joe posted:

A decent percentage of at home tests are going to be done or interpreted wrong.

Which was sort of the point! The emphasis on at home tests was part of the drive to make COVID an issue of individual responsibility. Biden loving up on their availability is pure incompetence. More people are forced to PCRs which means they are showing up in official data.

testing postively towards the negative