Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Futanari Damacy posted:

Doesn't Matt live basically every moment in unremitting pain? What a jealous gross bitch you are lol

I mean I'd like to have a lot of money and live on the California coast sure, but my point was that it's easier to be optimistic when you got those things. Do I got to flash my own painful disability card to say I don't share in his optimism and be taken seriously?

I like Matt. I just think it should be acknowledged that things like your material conditions affect your worldview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
ok so if someone has a good worldview how much stuff are they allowed to own and how much pussy are they allowed to get before we have to take it away

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'm just saying he'd probably be less optimistic if he was still working in a book store in Wisconsin

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
yeah if his life was worse he wouldn’t be as happy, strikingly insightful critique lol

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

ok so if someone has a good worldview how much stuff are they allowed to own and how much pussy are they allowed to get before we have to take it away

You'll never take my pussy away!!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Futanari Damacy posted:

Doesn't Matt live basically every moment in unremitting pain? What a jealous gross bitch you are lol

yeah, he's the gregory house of civil war trivia :(

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

yeah, he's the gregory house of civil war trivia :(

lol now I want a CBS procedural but it's matt looking at rusty pieces he dug up from antietam

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

will -> wilson, felix -> foreman :monocle:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

actually, that could be an okay character concept for a consulting detective show: an amateur archaeologist who doesn't care about crime and resents being pulled into police work but wants the money. like a less-intense Nero Wolfe.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Antiques Chodeshow

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
What's up with Matt? Chronic pain?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Judakel posted:

What's up with Matt? Chronic pain?

hosed up spine+leg, sounds degenerative or it just got really bad in his late teens

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
one of his legs is 100% numb and his other leg is just Pins + Needles 24/7, and he walks with a limp

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

he said he had infection in his spine (ie discitis or similar) which obviously in a child is rare as heck so had a delayed diagnosis and treatment, with residual nerve damage

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
go shorty, it’s your birthday

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

when u born in order to save humanity from sin but she still suckin'

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I will listen to Matt's Hundred Years War podcast.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Bust Rodd posted:

yeah if his life was worse he wouldn’t be as happy, strikingly insightful critique lol

Nah OP is saying if he was dealt the exact same lot in life he'd do it better or be more justified, somehow

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

i wouldn’t

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if i was born rich i think i'd be a dipshit. maybe not an rear end in a top hat but extremely naive and dumb

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea if I was born rich I'd 100% be a 'it's one banana how much could it cost, ten dollars?' prick. It's way too easy to be just completely ensconced in that bubble of privilege and wealth at a certain level when you're straight up raised in it. I like to think I wouldn't be an rear end in a top hat about it but I can totally see myself just going with the flow and having an easy enough life I don't have to think about poo poo. Just real dumb rich guy poo poo.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
The idea that your material conditions wouldn't make you a dipshit liberal psychopath because of your implicit generic predisposition to goodness seems weird to me.

Rich people are all garbage that belong in the gulag, the reason they became that way is irrelevant.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

The idea that your material conditions wouldn't make you a dipshit liberal psychopath because of your implicit generic predisposition to goodness seems weird to me.

Rich people are all garbage that belong in the gulag, the reason they became that way is irrelevant.

yea it's not like rich people live in the real world. They straight up have their own reality, this 'if I were born rich' poo poo is meaningless because if you, a rando dirtbag on SA, were born rich you would not be you, you might as well talk about if you were born on mars! That's how generational wealth works, you carve out your own enclave and don't have to live in the real world so it doesn't matter what's going on around you and profit machine continues to go brrr.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
class traitors exist

like me and my left lifestyle politics podcast. if you’re wondering how I sleep at night, the answer is never better thanks to casper. and for a limited time, listeners get 10% off the purchase price. special shoutout to the patreons, and to stitcher premium. thanks and remember to like and follow

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

private wealth isn't in the interest of anyone, including the privately wealthy, but in the end, for most of them, it'll take some doing to convince them of it :shobon::toughguy:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Centrist Committee posted:

class traitors exist

like me and my left lifestyle politics podcast. if you’re wondering how I sleep at night, the answer is never better thanks to casper. and for a limited time, listeners get 10% off the purchase price. special shoutout to the patreons, and to stitcher premium. thanks and remember to like and follow

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

class traitors exist

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

class traitors exist

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

class traitors exist

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

class traitors exist

Lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

class traitors exist

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

class traitors exist

I am willing to gander a guess that there is a podcast out there with ads for Fetlife

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

if the material conditions of the chapo boys were worse they probably would've bothered doing a christmas episode this year

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ TBH I usually don't like when they do more ambitious effort things, with some exceptions like the Poppy episodes

The only podcast (or Youtube ones done by the content creator) ads that have ever not annoyed me are the cumtown ones.

People need to stop trying to "seamlessly" integrate the ad into their shows. Is anyone fooled by this? They should just directly be like "I'm doing an ad now" instead of trying to be clever about it.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ytlaya posted:

The only podcast (or Youtube ones done by the content creator) ads that have ever not annoyed me are the cumtown ones.

People need to stop trying to "seamlessly" integrate the ad into their shows. Is anyone fooled by this? They should just directly be like "I'm doing an ad now" instead of trying to be clever about it.

Internet Comment Etiquette ads have effortlessly convinced me that Raycon Earbuds are the perfect nexus between quality, affordability, and comedy.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Sphyre posted:

if the material conditions of the chapo boys were worse they probably would've bothered doing a christmas episode this year

They did. It posted for me just now

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Lmao Chris unlocking an old Xmas episode with Virgil

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's wild to think it was this year where Virgil went off the grid

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
E1 taking up all the slack this Christmas with a new Walt's Smile Log

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

Internet Comment Etiquette ads have effortlessly convinced me that Raycon Earbuds are the perfect nexus between quality, affordability, and comedy.

lmao I almost added something to my post about how those annoying ads apparently work because my friend bought some earbuds he heard about on Youtube (they're the same ones you mention)