Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
There was an entire subreddit called frenworld that was chock-full of antisemitic dogwhistles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Coolness Averted posted:

what? "frens" is dumb internet speak like "doge" or "hekkin." Do terminally online fash use it? Probably. You look like an even bigger dumb dumb if you start jumping at every "UwU" as crypto fascist signifiers because you once saw it used on 4chan

I mean, yeah, that's the point of the dog whistles. Make them ridiculous and coincidental so they can say "see? These online lefties are paranoid. Don't associate with them. Also, why don't you check out this copy of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion."

It's better to be aware of the dumb language fascists are using, so you can spot their dumb poo poo easier.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

but mormons love hekkin

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's another one of those things where yes there is a subset of online chuds who use it to signal to each other but it really only makes sense as that in context. Your sister isn't a secret right wing loon because she calls her DnD group her "frens," and some rando on Twitter saying "hello frens, I finally got my dental surgery today, feelin fresh" probably isn't either. The actual psychos are not subtle and the language comes part-and-parcel with a lot of other weird behaviors that make it obvious what they're doing.

(I've also heard that "fren" was originally shorthand for far-right ethno-nationalist but they seem to have lost the plot on that one)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

That nft ape show supposedly is picked up by Apple TV but I suspect it's gonna be completely forgotten as soon as it's out

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

So this bloke is saying he is in the queue for immigration? Meaning he is travelling between countries. Pretty much all countries around the world that currently allow people in or out require those people to show proof of full vaccination, AND a recent negative test. Also, if domestic US airlines are requiring masks on the planes, then I would guarantee any international airline worth it's salt would be too.

But he definitely gave that other guy a manly hug, whilst judging the poor little kiddies whose parents committed the grave sin of wanting to keep them safe.

Edit: On the "frens" thing. I thought the (((((brackets))))) was the anti Semitic code. And frens was code for friend. As in "friend of ours that agrees with our hateful fascist stuff".

BrigadierSensible has a new favorite as of 00:19 on Dec 26, 2021

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Shithouse Dave posted:

My friend’s dog found a sausage roll in a bush and she does the same thing at that particular bush to this day. She found the sausage roll in 2015.

Dogs are so cool, they have such simple needs and pleasures.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Hell, I check the coin return of snack machines or pinball tables because I’ve found money in them before. It’s got a lot hit rate but you miss out on 100% of bush food you don’t search for.

I hear you, once I found a bunch of coins under a vending machine so I have a bit of a look now, and I've also found money down the sides of seats in waiting rooms etc so always give them a look.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mister Speaker posted:

There was an entire subreddit called frenworld that was chock-full of antisemitic dogwhistles.

yeah and they were using language like "i think we should bop all the nonfrens" as a plausible deniability thing so they could post white supremacist stuff without getting banned by the reddit admins.
same way there was a ban-evasion subreddit for /r/creepshots (the subreddit for taking "sexy" pictures of random women's bodies in public without consent) that pretended to be about fashion critique instead (/r/candidfashionpolice), so redditors would post a photograph of a stranger's butt on the sidewalk with some inane title about her top not matching her shoes.

eventually the "one weird trick to not get your subreddit banned" stops working, the admins catch on, and they abandon that concept and move on to the next thing.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Coolness Averted posted:

what? "frens" is dumb internet speak like "doge" or "hekkin." Do terminally online fash use it? Probably. You look like an even bigger dumb dumb if you start jumping at every "UwU" as crypto fascist signifiers because you once saw it used on 4chan

Yeah maybe I gave them too much credit for assuming they could actually invent something unique but my point still stands

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Cleretic posted:

Many psychological studies on cats remain inconclusive, because the cats won't play ball with the entire experiment. We can't tell if they don't know the thing we're trying to observe, or just don't care.

What I'm saying is that cats are anti-science.

There's a similar thing for raccoons, except they keep escaping.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

The Saddest Rhino posted:

That nft ape show supposedly is picked up by Apple TV but I suspect it's gonna be completely forgotten as soon as it's out

It’s “picked up by Apple TV” in the same sense that your antenna picks up public access. They don’t have distribution deals, they just say that they’re going live on all these different platforms that do YouTube livestreaming.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Heath posted:

It's another one of those things where yes there is a subset of online chuds who use it to signal to each other but it really only makes sense as that in context. Your sister isn't a secret right wing loon because she calls her DnD group her "frens," and some rando on Twitter saying "hello frens, I finally got my dental surgery today, feelin fresh" probably isn't either. The actual psychos are not subtle and the language comes part-and-parcel with a lot of other weird behaviors that make it obvious what they're doing.

(I've also heard that "fren" was originally shorthand for far-right ethno-nationalist but they seem to have lost the plot on that one)

It’s this. Be wary if you see someone using fash dogwhistles but don’t assume everyone who uses them is fash. One of the queerest lefties I know uses “frens” on a daily basis so yeah

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

The Saddest Rhino posted:

imo it's a very good NFT show because it's really good at communicating just how void of anything creative or interesting NFT-based art is

like i get the "killing the planet" angle, but what annoys me the most about NFTs is that they're doing it for really bland, lovely art

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

nurmie posted:

imo it's a very good NFT show because it's really good at communicating just how void of anything creative or interesting NFT-based art is

like i get the "killing the planet" angle, but what annoys me the most about NFTs is that they're doing it for really bland, lovely art

I think for me personally I'd still be pretty annoyed about the whole "destroying the planet" aspect even if they were receipts for good art.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

SiKboy posted:

I think for me personally I'd still be pretty annoyed about the whole "destroying the planet" aspect even if they were receipts for good art.

i mean yeah, i guess - though them being receipts to bad art is adding non-trivial amounts of insult to injury. it's destroying the planet but like in the stupidest way possible and for stupidest reasons

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Dewgy posted:

It’s “picked up by Apple TV” in the same sense that your antenna picks up public access. They don’t have distribution deals, they just say that they’re going live on all these different platforms that do YouTube livestreaming.

Lmao of course, shouldn't have doubted the nft bros would promote it in the most disingenuous way possible

acyclicity
Oct 27, 2008

A curious little mouse!

Is the plan to sell every frame of this as an NFT, and the horrendous animation is simply a byproduct of artificial scarcity?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BrigadierSensible posted:

Edit: On the "frens" thing. I thought the (((((brackets))))) was the anti Semitic code. And frens was code for friend. As in "friend of ours that agrees with our hateful fascist stuff".

As though there's only one anti-semitic code

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Oh man that monkey cartoon said gently caress?

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Oh man that monkey cartoon said gently caress?

that's how you know it's for Adults

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
It was bold of them to release a "NFT apes dubbed over" trailer, but what's the real audio like?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Just constant screaming.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Jaffe still a troll huh. What game were they complaining jaffe couldn't play originally?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

NLJP posted:

Jaffe still a troll huh. What game were they complaining jaffe couldn't play originally?

I'm assuming It Takes Two but that begs the question, who would play with him?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Metroid Dread. He couldn't find an obvious hidden block he needed to shoot to progress and made video whining about how awfully the game is designed.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/linaposting/status/1474829259076083713?s=20

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

FFT posted:

For the record? I'm fine with describing people in this context in this way.

Oh you're an adult but your brain is even worse than the standard kneeslapper "wait i just went through a door and forgot why lol"

That's not an attention deficit, that's an actual loving disorder to be indistinguishable from livestock

/e: get some meth lmao
I'm trying to work out if you really don't know what the second D in ADHD stands for and if you really don't know that sometimes you do get prescribed meth.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Look, all we need is the epigenetic triggers tech. then the deer will even get a 10% happiness bonus

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Ahh yes of course, just do a thing that literally only exists in scifi books.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Garrand posted:

Look, all we need is the epigenetic triggers tech. then the deer will even get a 10% happiness bonus
Do the Chernobyl deer get free tomb world pref

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

TrekBek posted:

anti-maskers may actually lack object permanence because they sure seem to think you stop existing as a person if someone can't see your entire face.

It is so funny because my 4 year old daughter will jump up and scream with excitement when it is "mask time". It is a deeply weird world that we are living in right now, but kids are sublimely adaptable. My daughter will give *me* poo poo when I dick-nose at the park (we're outside, it is OK, but I respect her caution).

Anti-mask poo poo isn't for the kids. For them, it is extremely normal. I hate wearing a mask. I do it because I'm not an rear end in a top hat. Like most things, people who don't do it and say it is "for the children" are the real assholes.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

DreadUnknown posted:

Ahh yes of course, just do a thing that literally only exists in scifi books.

Cultivating buddha-nature in obligate carnivores is an acceptable pursuit. You can't expect a lot of traction in this lifetime but there are externalities to consider where it is good to hedge. We all live by killing. Life eats life. But nobody wants to end up a hungry ghost where unlife eats life.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

When you're asking for More Christ you also need to establish a safeword with Christ.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
It's Llamas, Lla-mas, which means more Llas.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Splicer posted:

I'm trying to work out if you really don't know what the second D in ADHD stands for and if you really don't know that sometimes you do get prescribed meth.
Perhaps that was intentional

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Get more Christ for your money by buying Christ wholesale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

8 minutes. Of which 2 was the credits.

It was pretty bad. I hope everyone who made it was paid in NFTs.