Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Was it Santa all along?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ihmemies posted:

We need to remove wealth from billionaires, and delete the removed wealth. Consumption causes problems, and when the money ceases to exist you can't use it for consumption. That way they don't have the money to affect politicans either anymore.

destroying currency doesn’t affect the ability to consume. we need to drive our cars into the sea and launch all computers into the sun.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Doesn't launching rockets produce a ton of CO2? Can't we just put our computers in the ocean next to the batteries?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

silicone thrills posted:

Lol Don't Look Up is amazing.

Just loving spot on

its not even depressing and sobering, more indignant to the absurdity if anything :hai:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

SKULL.GIF posted:

It seems pretty clear to me that at some point in the next decade we're going to take drastic measures to alter the planet's climate but without actually addressing any of the problems that led us to need to take these measures.

Looking forward to atmospheric dimming bringing back winters or some poo poo while we continue to burn as much carbon as humanly possible.

the mitigation will be used to justify more burning, since there’s excess overhead now and I deserve an exemption because my plastic junk is important and I bought a senator a steak dinner and he says it’s ok and legal

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://twitter.com/anarcanon/status/1474784190176636937

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

silicone thrills posted:

Just loving spot on

I'm watching it now. It's great! Hyperobject Industries also produces Succession. I hope they keep giving us content for awhile.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

What have the Eagles and Hawks ever done for me?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

A ton of positive things vis a vis my alcoholism have happened in the past decade, I now drink from a mug instead of a glass and soft drinks have become more affordable and cost competitive. For example I now buy one Fanta a month and drink it after my beer

Wow, sounds like you're approaching the peak of your drinking in just a few more years, awesome you're making so much progress! So many good things in the future.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Wisest Moron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-CEX9qlBxU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

wasps used to be a constant nuisance but now they never bother me when i picnic so maybe the insect apocalypse has its upsides?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

silicone thrills posted:

Just loving spot on

My roommate didn't care for it, and got annoyed at the stinger scene.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Don't Look Up was indeed very good

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
lol a wondering why governments cant get a handle on basically brand new problems like pfas and plastics.

we loving new lead was bad for humans all the way back to the renaissance, and it was clearly articulated during the industrial revolution.

Didnt slow down GM jamming it into gasoline as fast as they loving could. Or stopping anyone from putting it into household paint for an entire generation of homes.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

The Wisest Moron posted:

the ending song to the movie the warriors is real good

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

silicone thrills posted:

Just loving spot on

It looks stupid but I said the same thing of 28 Weeks Later before COVID happened.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shima Honnou posted:

the ending song to the movie the warriors is real good

The Warriors, owns, I hope that the gangs in the climate wastes have cool themes too.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

lol imagine thinking a species that is threatened today will survive 100 years at this rate

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Jel Shaker posted:

wasps used to be a constant nuisance but now they never bother me when i picnic so maybe the insect apocalypse has its upsides?

I think they all moved to my part of the world because we get way more wasps now. They’ve even figured out how to get into the house, which is a fun surprise when I go to make coffee in the morning and suddenly a couple of pointy assholes start dive bombing me for invading the kitchen (their territory).

Fewer crickets though. It’s quiet around here in the summer now unless the cicadas are singing. :(

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

A Bakers Cousin posted:

lol imagine thinking a species that is threatened today will survive 100 years at this rate

actually, there are many species that are both threatened or endangered in their native range while also wrecking ecological havoc as an invasive species elsewhere :eng101:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
its all cane toads and lion fish

FOREVER CANE TOADS AND LION FISH

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

The Wisest Moron posted:

I'm watching it now. It's great! Hyperobject Industries also produces Succession. I hope they keep giving us content for awhile.

I can't laugh at the jokes. This is entertainingly depressing.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I can't laugh at the jokes. This is entertainingly depressing.

I was basically just like "yup this is exactly how people are behaving about climate change" and had some sensible chuckles.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Trabisnikof posted:

actually, there are many species that are both threatened or endangered in their native range while also wrecking ecological havoc as an invasive species elsewhere :eng101:

*looks at humans in Africa and humans in everywhere else*

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

*looks at humans in Africa and humans in everywhere else*

Luckily humans are threatened by habitat loss too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
For instance our home planet is about to become uninhabitable

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

At least Don't Look Up has a happy ending, from a certain point of view.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

BIG HEADLINE posted:

feel good movie of the year

isn’t there an asteroid passing near earth in 2024? fingers crossed

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The ending of Don't Look Up made me immediately think of this:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Yeah, all of the cryochambers had what/who they were and they were all lobbyists and oil executives.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
DLU spoiler - All the people they brought to the new planet are also too loving old to have kids as well so the humans are definitely doomed lmao

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

silicone thrills posted:

DLU spoiler - All the people they brought to the new planet are also too loving old to have kids as well so the humans are definitely doomed lmao

Yeah, but young people didn't have money

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

The ending have me chills tbh. (The ending on earth, not on the new planet)

Also Meryl Streep has cake.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Wisest Moron posted:

The ending have me chills tbh. (The ending on earth, not on the new planet)

Also Meryl Streep has cake.

Yep

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdmd5fenroU

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

:hmmyes:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

this is us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio