Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

GP stands for Gaming Perfection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the perfect final fantasy is actually the one that is your favorite

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Mega64 posted:

They've finally done it. They've made the perfect Final Fantasy game.

https://twitter.com/Chocobo_GP/status/1474696425246126081

And all it took was the return of Adelbert Steiner.

That's adorable. :allears:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the perfect final fantasy is actually the one that is your favorite

:yeah:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Mega64 posted:

They've finally done it. They've made the perfect Final Fantasy game.

https://twitter.com/Chocobo_GP/status/1474696425246126081

And all it took was the return of Adelbert Steiner.

I'm iffy on this game but putting cool characters like Steiner, Vivi, and Terra in and the promise of FF music remixes means I can't help but be interested anyway.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm not completely uninterested in GP but I'm going to wait until it comes out and see what people think. I'm not really a hardcore framerate guy (I have no problems with Age of Calamity for example) but the last trailer they showed off looked real rough, especially when you have MK8D right beside it. If it looks better in motion on release then yeah I'm all in on it, but if it's the same 30 or below that they showed during the Direct, I'll pass.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

There better be a bullshit sidequest on the level of Excalibur 2.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the perfect final fantasy is actually the one that is your favorite any game you get to kill chaos

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

imo you shouldnt kill chaos

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

...bullshit

*blasts Limp Bizkit on my earbuds, leaves*

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

:eyepop:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

:chloe:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Spoken like a true herald of Mem Aleph.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
How about knocking him down then?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Holy moly, please tell me I get to hear more of the squat mini game battle theme later on in FFVII Remake. It is so good.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Figured it out with a party of Lightning/Hope/Sazh but Barthandelus can gently caress right off.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Skeezy posted:

Figured it out with a party of Lightning/Hope/Sazh but Barthandelus can gently caress right off.

Why no sentinel?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Because sentinels are really bad and Bart in particular really punishes you for trying to turtle?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Because sentinels are really bad and Bart in particular really punishes you for trying to turtle?

Uh, we talking the same Bart who has a massive linear attack with name blurb? Because hot swapping to sent right before it connects, rebuffing your party and healing while it goes off, then swapping back to a full health buffed party is a pretty good time save.

Com/com/rav so you don't overflow the stagger bar while hes charging, sent/med/syn when he does the attack, com/rav/rav -> com/com/rav

Barudak fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 26, 2021

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah.

That attack does barely any damage if you can stagger him while he's charging it up. You don't need a sentinel for it at all.

e: you don't even need to stagger him, just do enough damage

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Barthandelus_(boss)

quote:

Once Barthandelus begins to cast Destrudo, the chain gauge resets even amid stagger, though he can still be staggered while charging. After charging for 30 seconds, Barthandelus will unleash the attack unless he incurs 12,000 damage before then, which will weaken the move. The move can be weakened further if he incurs another 20,000 within the next 15 seconds, which will force him to unleash the attack. Instead of backing off and defending when Barthandelus begins charging Destrudo, it's wiser to heal up with Potions (with the leader having the Doctor's Code accessory equipped), and continue attacking with Tri-disaster or Relentless Assault, depending on the party.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 26, 2021

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah.

That attack does barely any damage if you can stagger him while he's charging it up. You don't need a sentinel for it at all.

e: you don't even need to stagger him, just do enough damage

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Barthandelus_(boss)

Yeah that’s pretty much what I ended up doing. With haste up constantly I just did rav x3 and it worked out.

Cidtook me a couple tries to do also but I figured out you can beat him before he transforms if you just keep him juggled lol.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Skeezy posted:

Yeah that’s pretty much what I ended up doing. With haste up constantly I just did rav x3 and it worked out.

Cidtook me a couple tries to do also but I figured out you can beat him before he transforms if you just keep him juggled lol.

Yeah if you don't let cid touch earth he can't phase change, it rules

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

IIRC, Bart's heads have elemental weaknesses and that is how I beat him in my second run to avoid getting nailed with his super gently caress off laser attack. In my first run I didn't think to scan him but it really does make a world of difference.

I think I still only got 3 stars, though. Made me mad.

Skeezy How do you feel about star ratings? Do you try to 5 star every boss?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

If I can get the 5 stars great, otherwise I don’t care.

I just got to chapter 11. Games still kinda fun but I’m definitely hitting the feeling of “games overstayed its welcome” but I’m at the point where I need to carry on and finish this thing.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
There's a lot of cool mechanics and party compositions in XIII (when it lets you), but Bart is kind of a pain regardless.

It's also a shame that Eidolons are basically reduced to a life shield/niche gimmick when there's a lot of neat design put into them. It's like after FFX they kept going with the 'summons as party member' mechanic but failed to make them actually good as a sustained option.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The cutscene in XIII with the cast and all of their summons on the race track is one of the best moments in Final Fantasy.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I liked the bit where Sazh turned a god into a racecar and went vroom vroom while psyching himself up to shoot Vanille and then himself

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the best moment in final fantasy history is when cloud defeats sephiroth with the omnislash at the end of final fantasy 7

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ragequit posted:

Holy moly, please tell me I get to hear more of the squat mini game battle theme later on in FFVII Remake. It is so good.

The squat theme was definitely a standout in an already amazing soundtrack.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the best moment in final fantasy history is when cloud defeats sephiroth with the omnislash at the end of final fantasy 7

Cathartic maybe

But the best moment in FF is when Gilgamesh saves Butz by nobly sacrificing himself for his friend. Makes me cry every time.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

All the best moments involve my character, the warrior of light who is definitely stronger than any other FF protag despite being a white mage

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

IIRC, Bart's heads have elemental weaknesses and that is how I beat him in my second run to avoid getting nailed with his super gently caress off laser attack. In my first run I didn't think to scan him but it really does make a world of difference.

I think I still only got 3 stars, though. Made me mad.

Libra/Librascopes are something I wish the game explained better because information is very, very important in FFXIII- in particular, your AI partners act on what's been revealed in a monster's scan data- and I think Librascopes in particular get like a two-sentence tutorial that just does not let you know how radically they can change how fights go because they reveal EVERYTHING in one shot. I remember a lot of players complaining that the AI is dumb as balls, and this is the way to stop that and most people don't even remember they exist.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Many seem to forget, but the actual best moment in Final Fantasy is when the 4 warriors of light go back in time to defeat Chaos and save the world in nineteen eighty seven.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Cardboard Fox posted:

Many seem to forget, but the actual best moment in Final Fantasy is when the 4 warriors of light go back in time to defeat Chaos and save the world in nineteen eighty seven.

Chaos?? Jack Chaos??

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Mr. Locke posted:

Libra/Librascopes are something I wish the game explained better because information is very, very important in FFXIII- in particular, your AI partners act on what's been revealed in a monster's scan data- and I think Librascopes in particular get like a two-sentence tutorial that just does not let you know how radically they can change how fights go because they reveal EVERYTHING in one shot. I remember a lot of players complaining that the AI is dumb as balls, and this is the way to stop that and most people don't even remember they exist.

There was no way it was going to happen given the response to XII but XIII really could have used Gambits. There is absolutely strategy in XIII but it's akin to the strategy in Persona 3 - you gotta strategize around the AI instead of just fuckin' doing things yourselves like you should be able to.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
The best FF moment is any moment where comical violence is inflicted upon Hildibrand.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I did one hildibrand quest in FF14 and thankfully I've never found him again because it sucked and wasn't funny

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

jokes posted:

Cathartic maybe

But the best moment in FF is when Gilgamesh saves Butz by nobly sacrificing himself for his friend. Makes me cry every time.

gilgamesh survived and continues to wander the final fantasy multiverse to this very day...

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 27, 2021

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lmfao the difficulty spike once you get to Pulse is killing me and I think I’m just gonna drop this for a bit. I want to finish it up but it’s probably on me that I’m feeling underleveled and more frustrated with every fight.

Kinda screwed up and just started skipping fights since I got so fed up with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Help Im Alive posted:

All the best moments involve my character, the warrior of light who is definitely stronger than any other FF protag despite being a white mage

I'm sad that we can't call them that anymore. End of an era