Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Danknificent posted:

Speaking of the next variant, what's taking so long? Is this virus hourly?

Tired of winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Leon Sumbitches posted:

This makes me nervous, out of Ontario:

50% of current hospitalisations are fully vaccinated.

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data

are the vaccinated people hospitalized more likely to have significant comorbidities?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Danknificent posted:

Speaking of the next variant, what's taking so long? Is this virus hourly?

well omicron is gonna get a few billion cracks at trying something new, so probably not long

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1475134578478260226?s=20

:hmmrona:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Oh, most definitely.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Why would you say something so terrifying but completely correct

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

you're not allowed to get off the train, don

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
very cool kid mask usage at the pet store is 0%

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Paradoxish posted:

This is what happens when you've staked your entire professional life on the idea that action requires solid, nearly incontrovertible evidence and you suddenly find yourself front and center in a situation that requires extreme levels of caution and a need to take a pessimistic view of data until you have a good reason to do otherwise.

Echoes in this

https://twitter.com/joeyfox85/status/1472418559674441729

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1475135717357539335?s=20

quote:

To be eligible for reimbursement, death certificates for those who died after May 16, 2020, must indicate that the death was attributed to COVID-19.

For deaths that occurred in the early months of the pandemic — from Jan. 20 to May 16, 2020 — death certificates must be accompanied with a signed statement from a medical examiner, coroner or the certifying official listed on the certificate indicating that COVID-19 was the cause or a contributing cause of death.

The percentage of individuals who have been reimbursed varies dramatically from state to state — from nearly 40% in North Carolina and Maryland to fewer than 15% in Idaho and Oregon, according to state-by-state data compiled by FEMA.

The program has paid out more than 21,000 reimbursements in California and Texas, which have both reported more than 74,000 COVID-19 deaths. Residents applied for more than $141 million in each state.

The fewest number of reimbursements have occurred in Vermont, where 123 people were awarded a total of about $704,000.

:hmmrona:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

it's definitely not a novel take but my current take is that after new years, the consent manufacturing machine is going to a complete 180 on omicron being mild. the whiplash is, of course, going to break a lot of brains and not a single liberal will ask the question of the timing of these events

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

lol no poo poo

we're going to party for a week while watching the hospitals on fire and on January 3rd we're going to say "if all the hospitals burned down, then why can't I smell the ashes?"

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/sharkawymd/status/1475113073597890569?s=21

I wonder how long COVID has changed.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

sonatinas posted:

remember: kids can't get covid!

have we had any breakthroughs at 4 shots yet

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

sonatinas posted:

How else are you supposed to kiss all the pets

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

There are 3000 CAF members requesting exemption from the covid vaccine, despite major outbreaks in barracks on all the bases. This is going to accelerate when everybody from block leave comes back from all over the country in a week or so. Recruitment and training pipelines are already hosed, morale is lower than the worst days of Afghanistan. Just misery as guys get driven into the ground.

Considering they gave us malaria vaccines that drove people crazy and led to suicides, I don’t know how to talk to people who are against the covid shot.

What a shitshow.

Frosted Flake fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 26, 2021

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

That last sentence is one of most carefully worded lies I have ever seen.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

it's not the donkey's fault those jackasses use it as a mascot :haw:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

i did a wombo combo leg day + arm/back day combined yesterday. ended up lifting over 3 hours

naturally, my DOMS today means i have covid

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

not sure what the omi status is. could have it but it's still replicating in my body. need another day or two just yet

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

bullshit. I never lost my sense of smell or taste but i had all of those with severe Delta before I went to the hospital.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

nexous posted:

hope mod sass comes back to “I told you so”

if only he had been posting this last month. so many lives saved!

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

actionjackson posted:

are the vaccinated people hospitalized more likely to have significant comorbidities?

https://twitter.com/umichmedicine/status/1473091350610464770?s=19

generally, yeah... the vaccinated people in the hospital are almost always at high risk of severe disease in the first place

ontario is about 80% vaccinated and i would guess their vulnerable populations are in the high 90% vaccinated range, so there aren't a while lot of unvaccinated at risk individuals to make up the rest of the pie

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

remember: kids can't get covid!

have we had any breakthroughs at 4 shots yet

don't know if there are enough. my aunt died with 3 shots though

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Spoondick posted:

https://twitter.com/umichmedicine/status/1473091350610464770?s=19

generally, yeah... the vaccinated people in the hospital are almost always at high risk of severe disease in the first place

ontario is about 80% vaccinated and i would guess their vulnerable populations are in the high 90% vaccinated range, so there aren't a while lot of unvaccinated at risk individuals to make up the rest of the pie

thanks, I should send that to my parents who are in their mid 70s lol

mom is going to a family xmas party today lol

they are going to hawaii in a week lol

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

fosborb posted:

don't know if there are enough. my aunt died with 3 shots though

the person I know who's in the hospital and may/may not be in the ICU by now was boostered too

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

In indianapolis visiting significant others family. Did extended family Xmas yesterday. Doing a baby shower today.

poo poo happens.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

this but replace "health system" with "overall economy"

if this thing keeps spreading the way it is right now (and it will), everyone is gonna get sick within the next 2-3 weeks and nobody is going to be able to show up for work

even in some ridiculously optimistic scenario where 60% of cases are asymptomatic it will still be devastating

now might be a really good time to stock up on poo poo, ngl

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Lol than we're not working on an omicron booster

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I think I have omicron. I haven’t lost sense of smell but I think I now pick up a faint chemical smell that I can quite identify yet.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Raccooon posted:

I think I have omicron. I haven’t lost sense of smell but I think I now pick up a faint chemical smell that I can quite identify yet.

Turn on ur smellovision monitor

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

triple sulk posted:

not sure what the omi status is. could have it but it's still replicating in my body. need another day or two just yet

hell, same

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

There are 3000 CAF members requesting exemption from the covid vaccine, despite major outbreaks in barracks on all the bases. This is going to accelerate when everybody from block leave comes back from all over the country in a week or so. Recruitment and training pipelines are already hosed, morale is lower than the worst days of Afghanistan. Just misery as guys get driven into the ground.

Considering they gave us malaria vaccines that drove people crazy and led to suicides, I don’t know how to talk to people who are against the covid shot.

What a shitshow.

I am so loving sorry man. I try to educate antivax on N95 and validate their fears of government, because there are definite reasons people feel that way. It rarely works but I'm not okay with people being left to die either. Like I cannot live with myself if I don't try at least once every wave.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Rhesus Pieces posted:

this but replace "health system" with "overall economy"

if this thing keeps spreading the way it is right now (and it will), everyone is gonna get sick within the next 2-3 weeks and nobody is going to be able to show up for work

even in some ridiculously optimistic scenario where 60% of cases are asymptomatic it will still be devastating

now might be a really good time to stock up on poo poo, ngl

Bean hording is back baby! AWWWWWWWWOOOOOO!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Need some help in deciding what bibeo game I try for the first time as the holidays end and the Hell Winter begins:

- katamari damacy
- goose game
- god of war

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/maryb2004/status/1474005903833714697

:911:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Raccooon posted:

That's the smell of your neurons burning

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

Need some help in deciding what bibeo game I try for the first time as the holidays end and the Hell Winter begins:

- katamari damacy
- goose game
- god of war

katamari damacy. stream it and I'll be there.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

- katamari damacy
- goose game
- god of war

na na nanananananana katamari damacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

- katamari damacy
- goose game
- god of war

Katamari Damacy, far and away