Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Hm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
i consciously choose to believe that all this is elaborate trolling, and i refuse to consider other options for my own sanity's sake

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I don’t think they understand what pronouns are

I mean, at that point, it's just picking a new name.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I am happy for grave and support graves further posts

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Imagine how disappointed their parents are

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

I mean, at that point, it's just picking a new name.

I’m arcadegender and my pronouns are Geralt/geraltself/lol

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

gbs but from 2004 posted:

I’m arcadegender and my pronouns are Geralt/geraltself/lol

Witchthey

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

How are these supposed to work in practice? Instead of 'he went to the shops' I say 'geraltself went to the shops'?

Have whatever pronouns you want but they aren't allowed to be longer than your actual name :colbert:

Or 'geralt went to the shops' which is entirely redundant

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
A simple trick to break the brains of older millenials

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Geralt put on geralt hat and got into geralt car. Geralt was excited to get geraltself geralt favorite pizza from geralt favorite pizza place. A frisson ran through geralt spine and geralt had to steady geraltself

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

How do you even use these pronouns in a sentence?

I want to bury buryself after reading that list.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

A simple trick to break the brains of older millenials

yup lmao

If folks wanna have cool pronouns just let em, gender is fake, language is fake, we can do whatever the gently caress we would like with it :kimchi:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Strategic Tea posted:

Or 'geralt went to the shops' which is entirely redundant

i fun thing i realized is that don’t align with any pronouns too much so i just ask ppl to use my name instead. you can just do that!

also lol at the guy who went „how Does one even Use pronouns”

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Obliterate gender but good prose needs to be protected, especially on, er, reddit.com

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

As long as figuring out what you said doesn't require reference material, do whatever the gently caress you want with language. English is not prescriptive. Just don't get mad when people think you are an idiot because they don't understand a single thing you are trying to communicate.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Goons foreverially jorping themselves into Kermit itt about not having to respect murderself

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Hey I found some pictures of the posters in those threads:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:911:/:911:s/:911:self

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
"endself" sounds like what they'd say on youtube in place of "suicide" because using the actual word gets their video demonetised

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

goblin week posted:

i fun thing i realized is that don’t align with any pronouns too much so i just ask ppl to use my name instead. you can just do that!

also lol at the guy who went „how Does one even Use pronouns”

I have no problem or confusion at people using whatever pronouns they want, I’m not some befuddled out of toucher who’s up in arms over people using “they”

But what I meant is I don’t understand the logistics of constructing sentences with the pronoun buryself? Like do you say yeah I’m going to buryself’s house later or I’m going to bury’s later? Like the pronoun subreddit seems to follow some kind of structure for constructing these pronouns and I don’t get it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Careful or you just might work yourself up a case of prodromalself

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

I have no problem or confusion at people using whatever pronouns they want, I’m not some befuddled out of toucher who’s up in arms over people using “they”

But what I meant is I don’t understand the logistics of constructing sentences with the pronoun buryself? Like do you say yeah I’m going to buryself’s house later or I’m going to bury’s later? Like the pronoun subreddit seems to follow some kind of structure for constructing these pronouns and I don’t get it

Do you also say „I’m going to myself house”?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

goblin week posted:

Ohhh I get it

I’m going to blow wagself bark

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Joe is going home to crow house

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DerekSmartymans posted:

Ménage a all four…hedonism…

Edit: This comes with inverted colors on AwfulApp iPhone for me, and the img on my phone is not like that…is it inverted for everyone else? It sorta ruins the “easily identified perversity” joke I’m going for.

Edit 2:
I’ve been posting stuff directly from my phone to AA for a long time…did an update break something? My pics and videos all look fine on my phone, but I tried a completely different, normal cropped-screenshot that, again, is fine on my phone. It is posting inverted-color images into AA with the [timg][/timg] tags though.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

goblin week posted:

Nah, 🍆 says "🍆 going to 🖕 house"

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Slimy Hog posted:

Nah, 🍆 says "🍆 going to 🖕 house"

Grover house say Grover housen’t going to Grover house house

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Colonel Cancer posted:

A simple trick to break the brains of older millenials well adjusted humans

brb, proposing to my vacuum cleaner. Vacself gives great blowjobs.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

oh god I love borkself. its so intensely silly

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I really don't give a poo poo about what pronouns people use. Just tell me what they are and I'll do my best to use them.

However this is absolutely ridiculous and taking it to such an extreme I can't help but think that this has wrapped around itself into parody, however unintentionally

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I really don't give a poo poo about what pronouns people use. Just tell me what they are and I'll do my best to use them.

However this is absolutely ridiculous and taking it to such an extreme I can't help but think that this has wrapped around itself into parody, however unintentionally

It's just kids having fun, you can safely ignore it and your life will be the same as if you never learned of it

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
44 year old Larry Grubb left enraged at junior co-workers after claiming to identify as a tree. tree claims tree was being sarcastic.

roomtone fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 26, 2021

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Mr. Lobe posted:

It's just kids having fun, you can safely ignore it and your life will be the same as if you never learned of it

I don’t think anyone is actually mad at it, it’s just funny to make fun of stupid poo poo

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the only pronouns that should be allowed to have gender are first person pronouns
blast the english language into the sun and replace it with a new one

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I don’t think anyone is actually mad at it, it’s just funny to make fun of stupid poo poo

I'm mad

Mad/mad/madself

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Getting cold feet at the altar, asking for a refund on my purchase of Wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007