Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Fungah! posted:

just fuckin play the game dude. gently caress

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

original 1 and 2 are worse.

yak 1 on ps2 looks sort of cool and has the joker. but i''m sure playing it is pmaybe miseralbe, at least the fighting part

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

apologizing for a terrible post, begging for forgiveness like kasuga at shareholder meetings

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

kasgua ftw

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Dongicus posted:

kasgua ftw

yep

i’m hype for yakuza 8

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dongicus posted:

kasgua ftw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

kiwami 1 is great. it has 0's completion menu, Majima everywhere, pocket racer, and a wholesome minigame where good insects fight bad ones to maintain peace in the forest.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

apologizing for a terrible post, begging for forgiveness like kasuga at shareholder meetings

https://i.imgur.com/jJ7U5z3.mp4

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

Silently passing you a small hand sized table and an engraved box holding a sharp ritual dagger

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

re-playing like a dragon now with intent to complete the true millennium tower for platinum. kasuga is extremely ftw.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Playing Judgment, really enjoying it except for this date where I have to play poker against a fake English dude. Low stakes poker sucks and takes forever.

If we don’t talk about judgment in this thread:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

RandolphCarter posted:

If we don’t talk about judgment in this thread

*looks at thread title*

hmmm

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

one of the thugs in yakuza 5 says "yo, i'm gonna take your money" in english for some reason and i was so tired tonight that for a second i thought that my brain was automatically translating the japanese so well that i just heard it in english, despite never taking japanese in any capacity.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Intensely bothered by the fact that declaring riichi in the later Yakuza games doesn't have the rear end whipping soundtrack that 1 and 0 had

Edit: also 2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkBX12TCOdQ

Heath fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 10, 2022

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

one of the thugs in yakuza 5 says "yo, i'm gonna take your money" in english for some reason and i was so tired tonight that for a second i thought that my brain was automatically translating the japanese so well that i just heard it in english, despite never taking japanese in any capacity.

Ha I remember that, had the same reaction like “why is this guy’s Japanese so weird” There’s also one (I think from 5, maybe a later one) that says “hey man… give.. me… some money… please!” before brawling. Appreciated that he asked nicely

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yakuza always has fun with English. I played 7 with the dub because my eyes were hosed up and I couldn't read subtitles at the time, and at the part where Ichi talks about not knowing much English, the actor slowly says out loud "AH... I DO NOT... KNOW ENGLISH... SORRY" then the character turns and looks into the camera for a beat

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

There's also an English-speaking guy who shows up to Poker sometimes in some of the games who yells things like "Oh, come on!" and he makes me lol every time.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I almost jumped out of my skin the first time the bad guy in Yakuza 3 spoke perfect English.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

can you tell me how to get to the station

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
back into kiwami 1, laughed out loud when kiryu wanted to cheer haruka up and ends up taking her to an underground gambling ring

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

No other video game series can jump seamlessly from tense and emotional to completely stupid nonsense and it all feels right. Yakuza ftw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

good lord chochin cup classic is harder than i thought i would be. the third generation of my chickens always develops an attitude problem.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Bicyclops posted:

good lord chochin cup classic is harder than i thought i would be. the third generation of my chickens always develops an attitude problem.

drat good thread titles

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

cochin cup has maybe my biggest laugh n the series lmao whenever you retire a bird and the guy casually hands you a yakitori and tells you not to worry about it

Scythe
Jan 26, 2004
i just did the kiryu fight in LAD. lol he's such a loving nerd about it

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Scythe posted:

i just did the kiryu fight in LAD. lol he's such a loving nerd about it

The dissonance at the end of that is one of my favorite parts. He passes the torch, returning to the anonymous shadows to disappear forever because if he shows his face it will endanger people he loves... but also if you call him anywhere anytime he'll show up and help you beat people up even if it's in the middle of Kamurocho.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ify ou didnt summon majima in th kiryu fight youre a drat fool. pitiful.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Fungah! posted:

ify ou didnt summon majima in th kiryu fight youre a drat fool. pitiful.

I what I did was save all the big name ones to the very end boss and had a gamemaster anthony birthday bash moment

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Like a Dragon ftmfw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fortaleza posted:

The dissonance at the end of that is one of my favorite parts. He passes the torch, returning to the anonymous shadows to disappear forever because if he shows his face it will endanger people he loves... but also if you call him anywhere anytime he'll show up and help you beat people up even if it's in the middle of Kamurocho.

I mean he already stepped out dramatically in front of the entire gathering of the Tojo and Omi so I have no idea why they're still pretending there's a secret to hide lol

Scythe
Jan 26, 2004
i think he was wearing sunglasses that time. 100% discreet lol

also obviously i summoned majima for that fight. you have to. its too bad the game doesn't acknowledge that particular combo though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Scythe posted:

i think he was wearing sunglasses that time. 100% discreet lol

also obviously i summoned majima for that fight. you have to. its too bad the game doesn't acknowledge that particular combo though

for real, i ws hopin for a full force KIRYU-CHAN! out of majima. still 100% have to.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
getting into yakuza 0. just got to majima in his cabaret. this game is ftw.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

It’s such a great game and that’s the exact part where everything really ramps up

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

enjoy, gamer. I still haven't gotten the party music from the cabaret club out of my head. I kind of want to go back to Yakuza 0 after I finish them all

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

Possibly the best character introduction in gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

man nurse posted:

Possibly the best character introduction in gaming.

100%