Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Strep Vote posted:

ngl I am pretty depressed by how many covid thread regulars decided that this was the time to yolo despite the near-perfect superspreader event being blindingly obvious.

I'm shocked at how many goons had social events to attend at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shear Modulus posted:

are they like, febreezing the air?

basically

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

it's so fuckin cold

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

this 1000+ word wapo article does not ONCE suggest that we should eliminate covid. the author, clearly, did not consider even including it as a possibility

lol

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Atrocious Joe posted:

Walensky is saying N95s may be too uncomfortable for most people

https://twitter.com/__philipn__/status/1473947601917468674?s=20

Lmfao, get hosed. My 3m aura says otherwise, I refuse to be fed to the COVID mines by these assholes. At least not until they’ve caught covid and died first.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

SKULL.GIF posted:

individual effort cannot address systemic failures

Yeah but you don't have to stand on the loving train tracks.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atrocious Joe posted:

I'm shocked at how many goons had social events to attend at all

and the media aint coverin a thing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

probably not a good idea for the New York Times to encourage people to play a face-to-face game of Warhammer 40k over a wooden table in a dank cellar during a raging pandemic, but I'm no doctor

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atrocious Joe posted:

that's a crack ping

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Glumwheels posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FaceTheNation/status/1475209878415323140

I mean this is true but not the way they’re thinking of it. It’s true for the kids who are now orphaned or lost one parent due to the blue maga/open Biden crowd and the chuds.

This is such theater. Kids generally do not give a poo poo about masks, quarantine, etc. The "impact" they are so concerned about is a much smaller impact to kids that watch their friends and family get sick and die around them.

They just want to send their kids to school and get them out of their hair. As a parent, I somewhat get it. My kids annoy the poo poo out of me regularly. I spent a year of the pandemic homeschooling my daughter and it wasn't great for our relationship. She was annoyed and bored and tired of being home and only seeing us. I was pretty tired from dealing with her 18 hours a day. Tough poo poo though, I decided to be a parent and this is what comes with it.

We've unfortunately had to return her to school because my workplace went back to the office. She's better about wearing a mask than most adults and managed to avoid exposure for the last 6 months. I don't know what the gently caress we're gonna do in two weeks when she goes back to school. My wife is considering quitting her job to stay home with the kids which would be brutal on us financially and emotionally but it may be what has to happen.

So you know, I'd love for the government to do literally anything to help out at this point because I don't want my kid to die and I also don't want to lose my house. What a loving shithole of a country.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

like I made this a year and a half ago and the chart is vastly outdated now but still lol

Strep Vote posted:

Yeah but you don't have to stand on the loving train tracks.

lol speaking of train tracks

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Strep Vote posted:

ngl I am pretty depressed by how many covid thread regulars decided that this was the time to yolo despite the near-perfect superspreader event being blindingly obvious.

"i've been so good i deserve it" and "this might be the last time i can see them" are powerful thought terminating cliches

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

FunkyFjord posted:

My grandmother that I don't live with asked if I was afraid of them for showing up in a mask even though I was only going to be there for a short time. Didn't want to call her out on her fox rhetoric brain worms so I just said that this was my first pandemic so I'm actually being smart and careful instead of just resigning to the 'we're all going to get it eventually' rhetoric.

My aunt told me that I'm the most covid averse person that she knows and i just said 'cool.'

There's extremely little we can do about other people who don't want to take a global pandemic seriously. a lol lmao response is a lot more healthy than getting pissed at them.

That’s why I might keep the Covid-hang discord open beyond the holidays. It’s nice to be surrounded interact with people who are definitively sane.

https://discord.gg/89YTjXQc

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
My family was severely abusive growing up so I cut ties with them a long time ago and now my parents are dead and we never did holiday poo poo anyway so i'll never truly understand the drive to go to holiday poo poo but I think I can put my self in the shoes of people who are close with their families and who enjoy holidays. Like idk I sort of get it. Especially if you have cool old grandparents who clearly dont give a gently caress about their own health and you like to interact with them.

Honestly though, we've never lived in a better time period to have something like this happen. Fuckin use zoom and poo poo and throw it up on a tv while you eat your separate meals and chit chat and poo poo.

Goons who go to the homes of people who were lovely to them their whole lives and are assholes tho... like drat I dont get that at all.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Soap Scum posted:

this 1000+ word wapo article does not ONCE suggest that we should eliminate covid. the author, clearly, did not consider even including it as a possibility

lol

As the world fell, each of us, in our own way, was broken. It was hard to know who was more crazy: me or everyone else

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

gradenko_2000 posted:

probably not a good idea for the New York Times to encourage people to play a face-to-face game of Warhammer 40k over a wooden table in a dank cellar during a raging pandemic, but I'm no doctor

That image is so loving confusing. I picked up a bunch of miniature games during the last two years because I suddenly found myself with tons of time at home and painting relieved my stress. But those are a bunch of unpainted minis and terrain??? Who the gently caress picked up Warhammer during the pandemic and decided not to paint???

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

omicron bad

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

excuse me, mild

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

silicone thrills posted:

My family was severely abusive growing up so I cut ties with them a long time ago and now my parents are dead and we never did holiday poo poo anyway so i'll never truly understand the drive to go to holiday poo poo but I think I can put my self in the shoes of people who are close with their families and who enjoy holidays. Like idk I sort of get it. Especially if you have cool old grandparents who clearly dont give a gently caress about their own health and you like to interact with them.

Honestly though, we've never lived in a better time period to have something like this happen. Fuckin use zoom and poo poo and throw it up on a tv while you eat your separate meals and chit chat and poo poo.

Goons who go to the homes of people who were lovely to them their whole lives and are assholes tho... like drat I dont get that at all.

they dont want 2 get written out of their will/inheritance

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGf5q_4Jxhs

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

listen baby this PPE is really getting in the way, how about we slip it off

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

triple sulk posted:

omicron bad

*throws open door* WOAH NOW BUDDY I don't thinkyou know enough to say that just yet

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

gradenko_2000 posted:

yeah just play on tabletop simulator like a good person, cheaper too

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Lawlicaust posted:

. She's better about wearing a mask than most adults and managed to avoid exposure for the last 6 months. I don't know what the gently caress we're gonna do in two weeks when she goes back to school. My wife is considering quitting her job to stay home with the kids which would be brutal on us financially and emotionally but it may be what has to happen.

Same exact situation here, except she goes back to school in ONE week... meanwhile just sitting here daily sweating over pulling the trigger on resignation/homeschooling

I keep praying the school district will announce that they are going remote at first but i know in my heart that it's never gonna happen.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

listen baby this PPE is really getting in the way, how about we slip it off

I think I just had a fresh crack ping thinking about how seriously we take HIV/AIDS and how rare that is and how specific the conditions are to transmit but the CDC is still actively discouraging people from wearing good masks

lmao.

imagine if the cdc was like "no dont bother with condoms, they are kind of uncomfortable, just pull out"

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Lawlicaust posted:

That image is so loving confusing. I picked up a bunch of miniature games during the last two years because I suddenly found myself with tons of time at home and painting relieved my stress. But those are a bunch of unpainted minis and terrain??? Who the gently caress picked up Warhammer during the pandemic and decided not to paint???

Nevermind, I figured out why libs love it:

quote:

Travis Cheng, who was at the store for its brunch event

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

gradenko_2000 posted:

spatula
Nov 6, 2004
do I need to worry about giving my cat covid? 😟

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Strep Vote posted:

I YOLO'd a little bit with some small outdoor gatherings in September through early November, then I heard about Omicron and cut that poo poo out immediately

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tzen posted:

lol about 2-3 weeks ago my toddler got a cold from daycare which I then caught. it gave me a cough that has lingered on since
me and the kids have pcr tested several times throughout, all negative
the cough doesn't affect me at all, other than the random need to cough every once and awhile, like hell I ran 10 miles over the past few days no problem
I mean this tracks with some colds I've gotten in the before times, I remember having a lingering cough for a loving month once
love having this weird lingering throat cough during a global pandemic
:theroni:

I also got a cold several weeks ago, tested negative several time and now feel fine apart from a lingering dry cough. It's loving up my chance to get a booster because the first screening question is always "Have you had any symptoms in the last 2 weeks?"

Gimme my drat boostie!!! :argh:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

Soap Scum posted:

lol

I wonder how many people have successfully been incepted into thinking their trauma is from being locked-down and not from a constant state of health anxiety/mass death.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
lol my outermost tarsal is absolutely broken from dropping a desk on it the other day and I have insurance but what is urgent care going to get me, other than COVID? I'll just wrap it up real tight.

Thanks, America.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

like I made this a year and a half ago and the chart is vastly outdated now but still lol

lol speaking of train tracks

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

silicone thrills posted:

I think I just had a fresh crack ping thinking about how seriously we take HIV/AIDS and how rare that is and how specific the conditions are to transmit but the CDC is still actively discouraging people from wearing good masks

lmao.

imagine if the cdc was like "no dont bother with condoms, they are kind of uncomfortable, just pull out"

They're jerking off about herd immunity, but then when everyone gets infected again with Omicron Plus in three months they'll do the shocked Pikachu face

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Lawlicaust posted:

This is such theater. Kids generally do not give a poo poo about masks, quarantine, etc. The "impact" they are so concerned about is a much smaller impact to kids that watch their friends and family get sick and die around them.

They just want to send their kids to school and get them out of their hair. As a parent, I somewhat get it. My kids annoy the poo poo out of me regularly. I spent a year of the pandemic homeschooling my daughter and it wasn't great for our relationship. She was annoyed and bored and tired of being home and only seeing us. I was pretty tired from dealing with her 18 hours a day. Tough poo poo though, I decided to be a parent and this is what comes with it.

We've unfortunately had to return her to school because my workplace went back to the office. She's better about wearing a mask than most adults and managed to avoid exposure for the last 6 months. I don't know what the gently caress we're gonna do in two weeks when she goes back to school. My wife is considering quitting her job to stay home with the kids which would be brutal on us financially and emotionally but it may be what has to happen.

So you know, I'd love for the government to do literally anything to help out at this point because I don't want my kid to die and I also don't want to lose my house. What a loving shithole of a country.

The kids are fine, it’s the parents who are hosed up and obnoxious about everything. Kids are resilient and they adapt, they understand the issues at stake.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

spatula posted:

My guy caught it when I did. Be was a bit sneezy and grumpy for a couple days but he never seemed very badly affected and recovered before I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

spatula posted:

no ill take it and rename it because thats a terrible name