Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

One American soldier in Vietnam stopped My Lai by threatening to turn his machinegun on the other Americans. Things didn't go great for him after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parrot Doctor
Aug 28, 2004

Parrot Doctor has issued a correction as of 05:26 on Dec 27, 2021

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

change my name posted:

lmao do you think legal culpability is really the issue and not the fact that the military is full of psychos who relish the chance to inflict pain on others

The more I learn about the navy seals or the special forces the more it seems like a government program to keep serial killers off the streets

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Gripweed posted:

One American soldier in Vietnam stopped My Lai by threatening to turn his machinegun on the other Americans. Things didn't go great for him after that.

did no one go to his birthday party, or what are we talking about here

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

"It was not pleasant going before Congress. The war effort at that time couldn’t stand any bad press, so they tried to whitewash it as much as they could. [My war buddies said] I was a traitor—they didn’t know the magnitude of My Lai. Some of them would say, “Oh, that stuff happened all the time.” I’d say, “No, it can’t happen all the time.” I don’t think I could live with myself if I thought that was an everyday thing that I was part of. [...] [I got] death threats at three o’clock in the morning, mutilated animals on your doorstep, and I’m sitting here just as confused as hell. What in the world is wrong? What we did was right. What we did had to be done."

- US Army Major Hugh Thompson Jr.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

"It was not pleasant going before Congress. The war effort at that time couldn’t stand any bad press, so they tried to whitewash it as much as they could. [My war buddies said] I was a traitor—they didn’t know the magnitude of My Lai. Some of them would say, “Oh, that stuff happened all the time.” I’d say, “No, it can’t happen all the time.” I don’t think I could live with myself if I thought that was an everyday thing that I was part of. [...] [I got] death threats at three o’clock in the morning, mutilated animals on your doorstep, and I’m sitting here just as confused as hell. What in the world is wrong? What we did was right. What we did had to be done."

*youtuber voice* DID PETE BUTTIGIEG GO BACK IN TIME TO STOP A MASSACRE IN VIETNAM???

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Minecraft Holmes posted:

The Right Wing Biden Slur

I saw that they were calling this a slur and i think that maybe words don’t mean anything anymore

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

tbh my expectation was "tortured to death" so it sounds like this dude got off easy

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

lmao that the US pulled off a genocide within an order of magnitude of the holocaust and killed, discredited, or terrorized anyone who tried to stop it in even the tiniest of ways and the response to that fact was to invent out of whole cloth of a movement of people harrassing pro-genocide soldiers to make the whole situation seem more nuanced

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
"Nobody actually spit at soldiers and called them baby killers"

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

30.5 Days posted:

lmao that the US pulled off a genocide within an order of magnitude of the holocaust and killed, discredited, or terrorized anyone who tried to stop it in even the tiniest of ways and the response to that fact was to invent out of whole cloth of a movement of people harrassing pro-genocide soldiers to make the whole situation seem more nuanced

lmao yeah

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwNNUVbdfzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOLq82m2Ks

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/1475193013114654726?s=21

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

lol his brain is mush

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

need hlpe pplease someone help me is tom cruse hot? i cannot figure out . call everyon. call cop. calll president. answr s pleas

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

thehandtruck posted:

need hlpe pplease someone help me is tom cruse hot? i cannot figure out . call everyon. call cop. calll president. answr s pleas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Q2MgdMskQ

doing me own recssearch because mods will not help at all as uausual

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

aanalysis complete:

hot

you ar e welcome cspan

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Go to bed truck

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

lol his brain is mush

Glass houses and all that.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

why was '72 so lopsided if the numbers were in mcgovern's favor on the issue

paging joementum

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub7CRV8_e2g

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

i say swears online posted:

why was '72 so lopsided if the numbers were in mcgovern's favor on the issue

paging joementum

Why did most people support the national guard murdering people protesting a war they were against? Was it because they were putting their mouths around car tailpipes and inhaling all the lead they could breathe? Is it because america a demon cracker nation? We cannot know the answers to these questions.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that's fair

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

30.5 Days posted:

Why did most people support the national guard murdering people protesting a war they were against? Is it because america a demon cracker nation?

Yes

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

lol his brain is mush

I cant believe felix from chapo believes this thing, in a tweet he made

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

30.5 Days posted:

Why did most people support the national guard murdering people protesting a war they were against?

Public opinion was in support of the war wasn't it with polls showing that

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

500excf type r posted:

Public opinion was in support of the war wasn't it with polls showing that

maybe from the start to mid '68 but after that it's basically all under 50%

pretty much how 9/11 went

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

He's right. But to remove a permanent condition you just need 9 hours of uninterrupted rest (9 hours per condition).

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paladinus posted:

He's right. But to remove a permanent condition you just need 9 hours of uninterrupted rest (9 hours per condition).

So... there's no cure?

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

3D Megadoodoo posted:

So... there's no cure?

you can’t sleep for 9 hours straight? let me tell you about a little friend I know named Benadryl

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

bitmap posted:

I cant believe felix from chapo believes this thing, in a tweet he made

Sadly it is a coin flip these days

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't have the rulebook handy, but rest is not necessarily sleep. There are characters who don't need to sleep, but rest still removes negative effects.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol. That movie kicks rear end though

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

1930s screwball comedies ftw

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/whitefeeiings/status/1475278136845627397?s=21

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Paladinus posted:

I don't have the rulebook handy, but rest is not necessarily sleep. There are characters who don't need to sleep, but rest still removes negative effects.

Buddy I'm a high elf and even I don't have 4 hours for a full night's trance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/y2_kazoo/status/1475164069271375872?t=0aIAEgHMptmHHuBBN08kMw&s=19