Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

carry on then posted:

i've got your final member right here *indicates dilz*

https://youtu.be/sZMaheZ_Iy0

excellent /strops razor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

how are british people so fuccking retarded

mystes
May 31, 2006

Smoka

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

how are british people so fuccking retarded

centuries of inbreeding

e: also purging that from my youtube history before i start getting some real weird recommendations

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df7jOd6HcIY

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

scrapu ando scrapu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGZqOkeYbB0

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i am watching zack snyder’s very special long movie

holy poo poo this is a long movie. i have been watching this for two hours and i’m not even halfway done. the heroes haven’t even fully teamed up yet. the heroes aren’t even all alive yet

it’s actually pretty interesting. i mean, the story is asinine, and the characters are so terribly basic, and the action is not great. (i have never seen the original cut.) but it does hang together as an epic in a way that movies rarely do, a sort of superhero space opera with a gradual but very real build towards its climax

and if you can think of it as if it were a true opera, maybe you can set aside some of those flaws, because we all know that operas are total poo poo as stories. one of the most beautiful pieces of music is the opening to a terrible orientalist melodrama where an indian princess kills herself because she can’t marry a british officer. opera spoilers, whatever. i’m not saying that superheroes getting thrown into walls (which they do, a lot, a whole lot) is an artistic achievement comparable to an opera, just that there’s an experience in this movie which transcends some of the awfulness of the material, and that’s intriguing to me

i will say that there have been a couple scenes so far that didn’t fit tonally, which should have been shot differently if this had truly been the vision. but a lot of it works

anyway, writing this has made for a pretty good intermission, so i guess i’m going back in

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

for some reason I decided to watch the kevin smith he man series and it’s basically a demo reel for a marvel movie, like there’s jokes lifted directly from marvel movies and the fights and direction are dead on. it must kill smith that he never got to do superman and he has to watch other people make billions of dollars using his “constant stream of overly quippy dialog” technique while he has to fanservice his dwindling audience

also skeletor fucks. you don’t see him gently caress but it’s very clearly communicated that he has hosed in the past and wants to gently caress more

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rjmccall posted:

i am watching zack snyder’s very special long movie

holy poo poo this is a long movie. i have been watching this for two hours and i’m not even halfway done. the heroes haven’t even fully teamed up yet. the heroes aren’t even all alive yet

it’s actually pretty interesting. i mean, the story is asinine, and the characters are so terribly basic, and the action is not great. (i have never seen the original cut.) but it does hang together as an epic in a way that movies rarely do, a sort of superhero space opera with a gradual but very real build towards its climax

and if you can think of it as if it were a true opera, maybe you can set aside some of those flaws, because we all know that operas are total poo poo as stories. one of the most beautiful pieces of music is the opening to a terrible orientalist melodrama where an indian princess kills herself because she can’t marry a british officer. opera spoilers, whatever. i’m not saying that superheroes getting thrown into walls (which they do, a lot, a whole lot) is an artistic achievement comparable to an opera, just that there’s an experience in this movie which transcends some of the awfulness of the material, and that’s intriguing to me

i will say that there have been a couple scenes so far that didn’t fit tonally, which should have been shot differently if this had truly been the vision. but a lot of it works

anyway, writing this has made for a pretty good intermission, so i guess i’m going back in

i didnt like it at all

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i mean, the snydercut is better than the whedoncut but imo that just means its 2/5 stars instead of 1/5 stars

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

i didnt like it at all

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/godlovesgoths/status/1475198639433789445

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvSBNUmCz-g

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

i mean, the snydercut is better than the whedoncut but imo that just means its 2/5 stars instead of 1/5 stars

the second half lost a lot of the spirit i liked about the first. it’s possible than my extended intermission messed it up, but i don’t think that was all of it, and taking some break is a necessity in a four hour film

i think there’s two problems

the first is that the mounting tension dies when superman comes back. they fight him, he zooms off with lois, and the movie never subverts how inevitable the victory feels now. the final fight is mostly them mowing through outclassed generic enemies; steppenwolf is the only threat, and then superman shows up and melts his face. and i don’t know what anyone could do about that, because it’s superman. the only way it ever works is with a whole sideplot about how lex luthor is taking out superman today. and you can do that in a four hour epic if you plan around it, but still, it’s a basic flaw in the concept

the second is that the tonal clashes really pick up when the full cast is around. flash wants to be quippy, aquaman wants to be fun, wonder woman wants to be bold, batman wants to be dark, and superman just wants to hug his mom. most of their scenes together (when they’re not just posing, which there’s a lot of) feel shoehorned and awkward. i like superman’s reunion scenes, but they feel disconnected from the rest of the film. i know people bitch about the marvel formula, but the similarities are why the ensemble films work. or even the netflix marvel shows — defenders might have sucked, but the tone worked, because the individual shows were all hard-knocks character dramas. again, here it’s a basic flaw in the concept

anyway, i’m kindof glad i watched it, but it definitely isn’t something to recommend or rewatch

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/qikipedia/status/1475451398364012546

next stop, Keanu station

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

lmao

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I watched kevin smith’s tusk last night. it’s sci-fi i guess. it was pretty decent

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

polyester concept posted:

I watched kevin smith’s tusk last night. it’s sci-fi i guess. it was pretty decent

similar to Einstein’s feelings about quantum mechanics, while it may be true I simply refuse to believe it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol saw there's a 720p HD Telesync of the new :spidey: floating about so copped it, its only a couple gb - quick run along the play bar in VLC, so many silhouette tops of heads. I thought these days cam pirates would be a little more adept :o:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jfrankensteiner/status/1475352407982936069

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol saw there's a 720p HD Telesync of the new :spidey: floating about so copped it, its only a couple gb - quick run along the play bar in VLC, so many silhouette tops of heads. I thought these days cam pirates would be a little more adept :o:

its a law in The Scene that all cam rips have to be done on 2001 camera technology in a shakey backpack behind rows of heads

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

how the gently caress do you get someone's head in a TS release? they're supposed to be done from the projection booth

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
lmao

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I bet she did a little fist pump after posting that

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

don’t rehash stuff
also don’t change stuff

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

genre fans want something brand new that is also congruent with 100% of their expectations, which is probably why a new dew flavor or nugget sauce is a major life event for them

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

is there really a new nugget sauce????! where is it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

qirex posted:

genre fans want something brand new that is also congruent with 100% of their expectations, which is probably why a new dew flavor or nugget sauce is a major life event for them

the Simpsons kids focus group bit was a documentary

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

I call next

indigi posted:

similar to Einstein’s feelings about quantum mechanics, while it may be true I simply refuse to believe it
It's dogshit op. Chunky stinky dogshit all up in the treads of the sneakers of art

The only nice thing that can be said about it is that it isn't Yoga Hosers

I would rather have That Kevin Smith Tweet tattooed on the inside of my eyelids than ever watch it again

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

what exactly do they think a pay grade is

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
an abstraction because that person has certainly never held a job

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

this is just loving dope as poo poo, im literally smoking this post in a glass pipe with a blowtorch, holy poo poo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

qirex posted:

don’t rehash stuff
also don’t change stuff
unironically good advice for revisiting a long dead franchise

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

jesus WEP posted:

unironically good advice for revisiting a long dead franchise

maybe they just shouldnt revisit it?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:thejoke:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

"make it the same as it was when i was 12"
"no not like that, i'm 35 and want it to be more grimdark and edgelordy"

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Dec 28, 2021

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i liked the scene in witcher s2 where "bashing on the fans" takes the form of jaskier trying and failing to put up with critique of his ballad that mirrors s1

it was also funny that they did a second take on the burn butcher burn performance but the barmaid thinks it sucks to hear night after night lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realJackEason/status/1464639466665123847

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

lol fuckin sweet