Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I am not going to say that the community playing this game is weird but I have just been playing nothing but co-op to get my snowflakes, said nothing to anyone in chat at all, and have lost 3 karma.

I need to point out that I was doing the snowflakes to get the Stalingrad and TA DAH!! I now have my first steel ship. Only took me, what, 5 years? No idea how long the Shikashima is going to take me.

Also, also, the Stalingrad is loving GINOURMOUS.

Burt fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

So what's the deal with the Republique? It seems massive and fairly soft? But it's fast and has huge gun but not great firing angles on that rear turret. Kinda feels like a back line ship, not sure what to make of it yet

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Repub is pretty much that, but in a “move to flanks and use speed to get where you can capitalize” sort of way. It eats damage fast, particularly from HE, and the guns aren’t as accurate as you’d like. But it has phenomenal penetration and very good DPM. It’s a good ship for randoms and rarely used in any competitive play.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Aramoro posted:

So what's the deal with the Republique? It seems massive and fairly soft? But it's fast and has huge gun but not great firing angles on that rear turret. Kinda feels like a back line ship, not sure what to make of it yet

Always be shooting, and use the speed to keep yourself in good positions. It has exceptionally strong belt armor and is incredibly difficult to citadel, but the plating sucks rear end so if you push too hard you'll get HE spammed to death quickly. The guns are awesome and punch harder than larger ones from other nations.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Burt posted:

I am not going to say that the community playing this game is weird but I have just been playing nothing but co-op to get my snowflakes, said nothing to anyone in chat at all, and have lost 3 karma.

I need to point out that I was doing the snowflakes to get the Stalingrad and TA DAH!! I now have my first steel ship. Only took me, what, 5 years? No idea how long the Shikashima is going to take me.

Also, also, the Stalingrad is loving GINOURMOUS.

I mentioned my anti-vaccine uncle died of COVID in the middle of a match, because that’s when I got the phone call.

All I said was “my mom just called me to tell me that my uncle who didn’t believe in the COVID vaccine just died. My apologies to my team if I start sucking.”

At which point some platoon of 3 dudes informed me, “this isn’t the time or place for that, so stfu.”

To make a long story short, I was also reported 4 times in that match… for mentioning my uncle had died from COVID and wasn’t vaccinated.

Great loving community. I guess it could have been worse, I could have been playing World of Tanks.

Velius posted:

Repub is pretty much that, but in a “move to flanks and use speed to get where you can capitalize” sort of way. It eats damage fast, particularly from HE, and the guns aren’t as accurate as you’d like. But it has phenomenal penetration and very good DPM. It’s a good ship for randoms and rarely used in any competitive play.

The Republique is, by far, my favorite Tier X tech tree battleship. She’s pretty amazing. Her guns have excellent penetration and heavy cruiser re-load speed; she’s also fast, maneuverable, and has excellent concealment.

You can use this to basically work the flanks, disengage when necessary and move really quickly to a new position.

I’ve got an 80% win rate in her, and I am pretty potato player in the other Tier X BBs I own (all of them but the Vermont, the Soviet, and the Italian tech tree Tier Xs.)

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 27, 2021

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
There are a ton of incredibly toxic asshats in the game. Pretty much any multiplayer game does. Best to ignore 'em

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

ZombieLenin posted:

I’ve got an 80% win rate in her, and I am pretty potato player in the other Tier X BBs I own (all of them but the Vermont, the Soviet, and the Italian tech tree Tier Xs.)

You need to get Columbo, oh my god

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Is there anything special about silver to gold qualification?
I breezed up to there in an evening and been stuck in quali for 2 solid days making no progress at all.
The plays i see from both sides are pure unadultered mindboggling stupid.
Are people trying to actively *not rank up so they can stay in silver league?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Are people trying to actively *not rank up so they can stay in silver league?

Probably not, but it's a good idea. Unless you really want to get rank 1 (why?) or you play a ton of ranked, you get better rewards by staying in silver league where it takes fewer games to get to the steel/gold/ranked boxes. Just stop playing ranked when you get to promotion and wait for the weekly reset.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
i would have liked gold for more steel obviously, but complete animal research prevents it with a vengeance.

e: also i rather like the smaller teamsize compared to random

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 27, 2021

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
This past couple of seasons animal research has kept me in bronze; I don't play to save stars because acting like a piece of poo poo feels wrong, but to give an example I had two games in a row where the same player grounded his Schlieffen and got stuck, then threw the game when he got unstuck...twice in a row.

During the second game, we had an 800 to 400 points advantage, control of all three caps, and a three ship advantage.

My team rushed the enemy one by one several minutes apart and the game ended with said schleifen giving full broadside to a burgon to get his torps off and getting one-shotted. If he had stayed stuck where he was on the map, he likely would have won the game on points.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
The decision-making i see is out of this world, most games are won/lost in 4 minutes; some in 2.

Our cv spots the entire enemy team going to A except a shima heading for C - so my team splits 3-4, with the 4 going to B, including our Stalingrad cause we need a radar to cap there, and the Zao cause why not bring a loving zao, and the cv.
Both Cruisers manage to get themselves completely blapped to narnia by the BBs from A, where our BBs get 5-3´d of course.

People seem to have no concept of radar, know which ships have radar and what nation has what range.

I swear to god, i havent seen this incompetence in any season before.
Is it because everything is T10 now? Are they handing out T10s for free somewhere?
Why did my Daring just smoke up in front of a Z52?
Why is my Kremlin turning broadside into Hindenburg torps?
Why does Kleber ask Smolensk for radar?

Nobody seems to know a thing about any other ship than their own, and sometimes not even that - Ragnar just discovered to his dismay an alarming absence of torpedo armament

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Gwaihir posted:

Always be shooting, and use the speed to keep yourself in good positions. It has exceptionally strong belt armor and is incredibly difficult to citadel, but the plating sucks rear end so if you push too hard you'll get HE spammed to death quickly. The guns are awesome and punch harder than larger ones from other nations.

Yeah the guns are good. I didn't take concealment expert on it so you can see it from loving space which is a bit of an issue. Just been rolling it in ranked. I'll try it in randoms later.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Re: Timestamp

ofc i didnt save a star cause the other guy beat me by 3 points.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

If I do all of my 91 low tier ships I will have enough coal to get the Tulsa/Carnot/Kearsage.

I'd obviously be loving broken but I'd have yet another ship to look pretty in dock.

I also have 11million credits. I have somehow managed to go from about 140million just buying equipment and modules for ships I have researched/won in the last 2 weeks. :downsgun:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Burt posted:

If I do all of my 91 low tier ships I will have enough coal to get the Tulsa/Carnot/Kearsage.

I'd obviously be loving broken but I'd have yet another ship to look pretty in dock.

I also have 11million credits. I have somehow managed to go from about 140million just buying equipment and modules for ships I have researched/won in the last 2 weeks. :downsgun:

Kearsarge is good. Weighty broadside and accuracy even if they are nor cal guns. But also the ability to self spot and mess with enemy ships thanks to the tiny tims on its rocket planes.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

JuffoWup posted:

Kearsarge is good. Weighty broadside and accuracy even if they are nor cal guns. But also the ability to self spot and mess with enemy ships thanks to the tiny tims on its rocket planes.

I watched Trenlass play a game in one today and even though I hate CVs with a passion it tickled my interest I have to say.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

i would have liked gold for more steel obviously, but complete animal research prevents it with a vengeance.

e: also i rather like the smaller teamsize compared to random

Unless you play enough ranked to get the full gold league rewards (like 25 wins?) every week, you get more rewards from silver because it takes fewer wins to get the steel. If you reach the promotion thing you can just wait a few days for the sprint to end, putting you back at the bottom of silver league and resetting the steel reward.

Staying out of gold league also means you can grind awful tier 8/9 ships in ranked instead of tier 10 random games, and you don't have to care about people throwing your games because stars don't matter.

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 27, 2021

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Current ranked season is all tier 10, even bronze league. I’d say silver is the sweet spot if you don’t want it the tokens or maximum doubloons.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Think ill just enjoy the smaller format in silver then, its impossible to rank up anyways.
4 ships to offmap spawn is the new meta, go where you are less likely to get shot, then complain about the outnumbered part of the team dying (after you run into shima torps yourself).

29/30 games are complete curbstomps on either side, i dont get it.
only 1 in my last 30 games was to be considered "close"

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Alternatively, you can stop complaining about lovely teams all the time and play the one ship class that consistently influences ranked rounds, which is destroyers. Or you can play cruisers that offer enough utility to swing games, like radar Minotaurs, DMs, Stalingrad, Moskva, or (ugh) Petro. Or you can play battleships that are able to be aggressive enough to swing games, like Kremlin or Schlieffen.

But probably you’re playing a Yoshino or something and bitching about poo poo teams while farming HE damage 20 km from a cap point.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
No you clown, i dont play a yoshino - i play Petro/DM/Nevski for cruisers, Ragnar/Z/Halland/Shima/Harugu for DDs and Schlieffen/GK/Kremlin/Yama for BBs.
Doesnt help if you lose 2-3 ships in 4 minutes, but of course this is my fault too - it always is, its the only "point" you always make, unbased asumptions aside.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
everyone has ~equally bad teams, if you want to win more games try being better instead of complaining that your teammates don't carry you

or you can stop caring about wins, which don't matter in ranked because reaching rank 1 does not get you the maximum reward. if you bot in ranked and get a 40% win rate it just takes you like 4 extra games to get the 15 weekly wins or whatever it is for steel+gold.

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 28, 2021

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
So there are two teams every round. Even if “my team always loses four ships in the first five minutes” we’re true for someone every round, you’d actually have a pretty easy path to rank out by not being one of those four and saving a star when it’s your team, and easy wins when it isn’t. My issue is you complain constantly about poo poo teams, poo poo teams, poo poo teams, and there’s nothing to even say about it because it’s all just random venting with no context beyond blaming everyone else. Clearly people rank out every season. Perhaps figure out their special sauce.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Velius posted:

So there are two teams every round. Even if “my team always loses four ships in the first five minutes” we’re true for someone every round, you’d actually have a pretty easy path to rank out by not being one of those four and saving a star when it’s your team, and easy wins when it isn’t. My issue is you complain constantly about poo poo teams, poo poo teams, poo poo teams, and there’s nothing to even say about it because it’s all just random venting with no context beyond blaming everyone else. Clearly people rank out every season. Perhaps figure out their special sauce.

The issue I've found is there are two paths:

The path that I have taken in previous seasons is played my Des Moines or Petro or Smaland and maximize my game influence to win. This path has been increasingly frustrating because I've noticed that even using radar for maximum effect, no one is shooting at DDs I am spotting; there seems to be an obsession with trying to rack up damage to easy targets to hit behind them regardless of what's being radared, which leads to strategy two:

Play a ship that racks significant damage from a relatively safe position so you can reliably be the last person left alive and farm a save star anytime your team isn't good enough. I find this very boring and refuse to play like that, but I freely admit that with games increasingly feeling more like a coin toss, this is the optimal way to play if you want to rank out. This also means that other people are going to increasingly play like this, which means the odds of every game being a coin toss increases.

What this means in practical terms is I have never seen more lemming trains and tight blobs of ships and reversing from spawn than I have these past three seasons of tier 10 ranked.

I'm not saying you can't rank out; I've gotten to relegation a couple of times the past few seasons, but I'm just not playing enough games in those narrow windows and grinding the lines that I need to finish at the same time. I don't have the time for it and I don't think a lot of other people do.

The other place that I've noticed this, is that spotting damage while playing CVs has dropped significantly. I was used to being in the 100-150k spotting damage on any win with a CV. Lately I'm lucky if I get 80k. A lot of my games I'm shocked to see my CV only did 20k spotting damage at high tiers. The meta has shifted significantly and I think it is making the game actively dumb.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I'd say that is partially because the devs themselves don't know what to do with the game anymore.

Active promotion of low level play: using the research bureau as a way to get special ships, has improved low level play and reduced the need for fill in bots at those tiers (unless a person blows gold a few times to stack it up of course)

Ranked locked to t10: Ranked is tier 10, but you are also promoting people to reset the line and ditch their tier 10 to go through the entire tree again. Which leads to either less people in their tier 10s, the players unwilling to reset due to their low skill, or a combination of the above.

So do you reset your tier 10 and skip out on ranked which has its own unique set of ships. Or do you not reset so you have a tier 10 for ranked. And the problem one is seasonal and one is at any time. It isn't like you can flash pan grind back a tier 10 either.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Yolomon Wayne posted:

The decision-making i see is out of this world, most games are won/lost in 4 minutes; some in 2.

Our cv spots the entire enemy team going to A except a shima heading for C - so my team splits 3-4, with the 4 going to B, including our Stalingrad cause we need a radar to cap there, and the Zao cause why not bring a loving zao, and the cv.
Both Cruisers manage to get themselves completely blapped to narnia by the BBs from A, where our BBs get 5-3´d of course.

People seem to have no concept of radar, know which ships have radar and what nation has what range.

I swear to god, i havent seen this incompetence in any season before.
Is it because everything is T10 now? Are they handing out T10s for free somewhere?
Why did my Daring just smoke up in front of a Z52?
Why is my Kremlin turning broadside into Hindenburg torps?
Why does Kleber ask Smolensk for radar?

Nobody seems to know a thing about any other ship than their own, and sometimes not even that - Ragnar just discovered to his dismay an alarming absence of torpedo armament

This sounds like you haven't played any multiplayer game in the last decade or so where team A is shooting team B. It's sad as heck but a large majority of players have the situational awareness of a rock.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

This sounds like you haven't played any multiplayer game in the last decade or so where team A is shooting team B. It's sad as heck but a large majority of players have the situational awareness of a rock.

Be kind... a rock occasionally falls on someone if they start poking (shooting) it with something. If rocks were like players in this game, they'd start rolling back uphill when that happened.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I don’t know or care what the various pretty boats do or are good at, I just smash random and try to shoot poo poo. who care, the rounds are fast and winning doesn’t really seem to matter much. this is a strange game to get hyper min/max about imo

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

JuffoWup posted:

I'd say that is partially because the devs themselves don't know what to do with the game anymore.

Active promotion of low level play: using the research bureau as a way to get special ships, has improved low level play and reduced the need for fill in bots at those tiers (unless a person blows gold a few times to stack it up of course)

Ranked locked to t10: Ranked is tier 10, but you are also promoting people to reset the line and ditch their tier 10 to go through the entire tree again. Which leads to either less people in their tier 10s, the players unwilling to reset due to their low skill, or a combination of the above.

So do you reset your tier 10 and skip out on ranked which has its own unique set of ships. Or do you not reset so you have a tier 10 for ranked. And the problem one is seasonal and one is at any time. It isn't like you can flash pan grind back a tier 10 either.

Seems like the systems designed to funnel people towards whaling dubs to convert all of that trapped XP into a reset line...

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Blindeye posted:

I find this very boring and refuse to play like that, but I freely admit that with games increasingly feeling more like a coin toss, this is the optimal way to play if you want to rank out.

Velius and I are at 60 and 68% win rates respectively in the past month or ranked games in a wide variety of ships. It is absolutely not a coin toss - ranked is a mode where you can carry much harder because there are fewer opponents. While surely there are some people who play way too passively, I find that most people who complain consistently about passive players are people who tend to overextended and die too early. Try judt being more patient - let the enemy get early caps and then let them over extend. Wait until t a time when you can make a GOOD trade for your health and not just an OK one.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

toadee posted:

Velius and I are at 60 and 68% win rates respectively in the past month or ranked games in a wide variety of ships. It is absolutely not a coin toss - ranked is a mode where you can carry much harder because there are fewer opponents. While surely there are some people who play way too passively, I find that most people who complain consistently about passive players are people who tend to overextended and die too early. Try judt being more patient - let the enemy get early caps and then let them over extend. Wait until t a time when you can make a GOOD trade for your health and not just an OK one.

That's been my strat, but it's a struggle when those two caps are taken and your DDs die. I'm still averaging my normal ~57% but to rank out at that rate takes too long in a week.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I think you might be under-estimating how good a 57% winrate is with respect to player skill and such ;)

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

When you're playing for the objective, it's not great for grinding when you're not saving stars. Earlier seasons I was pushing 65% because people were more aggressive.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012

Blindeye posted:

The issue I've found is there are two paths:

The path that I have taken in previous seasons is played my Des Moines or Petro or Smaland and maximize my game influence to win. This path has been increasingly frustrating because I've noticed that even using radar for maximum effect, no one is shooting at DDs I am spotting; there seems to be an obsession with trying to rack up damage to easy targets to hit behind them regardless of what's being radared, which leads to strategy two:

I mean you can mostly stop worrying about what your team shoots. Like if someone asks in chat you can radar for them, but otherwise don't radar ships "for teamplay" if you can't shoot them, or take a 1v1 DD fight with someone who has more health than you because you expect your team to help, or whatever else (exception: smoking for random cruisers is good, if they're the kind of cruisers that benefit from smoke and you think they'll use it).

It's not that teamplay is bad, but when you're on a random team it's hard to coordinate that kind of thing and you'd help your team more if you just went and killed an enemy ship. Also playing teamplay oriented radar/spotting ship is extremely frustrating if your team doesn't follow through. Des Moines is a really good ship but if you just try to kill enemy ships it doesn't matter nearly as much what your teammates are doing.

edit:

Blindeye posted:

When you're playing for the objective, it's not great for grinding when you're not saving stars. Earlier seasons I was pushing 65% because people were more aggressive.

You should still be able to save stars while playing for the objective, if you aren't you're probably paying too much attention to the cap circle and not enough to killing ships (which allows you to cap the circle). Mostly the 28 km thunderers save their stars because everything else on the team died early without any damage.

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Dec 28, 2021

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

James Garfield posted:

I mean you can mostly stop worrying about what your team shoots. Like if someone asks in chat you can radar for them, but otherwise don't radar ships "for teamplay" if you can't shoot them, or take a 1v1 DD fight with someone who has more health than you because you expect your team to help, or whatever else (exception: smoking for random cruisers is good, if they're the kind of cruisers that benefit from smoke and you think they'll use it).

It's not that teamplay is bad, but when you're on a random team it's hard to coordinate that kind of thing and you'd help your team more if you just went and killed an enemy ship. Also playing teamplay oriented radar/spotting ship is extremely frustrating if your team doesn't follow through. Des Moines is a really good ship but if you just try to kill enemy ships it doesn't matter nearly as much what your teammates are doing.

Maybe it's just been my experience, but most games in my Des Moines/Smaland/Wooster I know if I'll win based almost entirely on the spotting damage I get. Using it has been a strong indicator for when I should bail from an objective and play like it's 1v13. It's also telling when my winrate is higher in Des Moines than, say, my Salem, but my Salem has more saved stars (built with range mod to do more kiting/farming since the radar is shorter range and less useful early game). Going through old stats, my third best ship in tier X ranked is the Thunderer so high damage farming passive play can also carry in the right circumstances.

James Garfield posted:

You should still be able to save stars while playing for the objective, if you aren't you're probably paying too much attention to the cap circle and not enough to killing ships (which allows you to cap the circle). Mostly the 28 km thunderers save their stars because everything else on the team died early without any damage.

It's easy for me to be the top two or three, but when I say stars I'm generally in a ship kiting away, last alive, racking up raw damage. I haven't seen many games with caps flipping from one side to the other unless the other team's used all their hitpoints already to cap them. What I tend to notice more this past 2 months is the following:

Complete lemming trains, by which I mean 6-7 ships going to a single cap and then stalling, on both sides. These are really hard to control the outcomes from unless you're in a great kiting ship and can get range. If the train stalls, rip.

Blobs so tight that ships can't even maneuver: maybe this is just me but I'm used to two ships being the same rock, but now I'm seeing four or five ships so close together they're shooting each other's superstructures and blocking each others' torps. I saw it for the first time only in November and it's just gotten common.

The big winners as far as XP saves I've seen when it's not me tends to be a Schleiffen who got to use his torps in a last-man suicide rush, a thunderer, a conde with drivebys.

Maybe the difference too is the last two seasons I've been staying in bronze. Lots of zaos, shimas, HE-slinging Satsumas, you name it. The chaos energy makes normal gameplay break down. After the first week when everyone who bum-rushed silver got tiered up, the coin-tossing manifested.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Has anyone got the Hayate? Its the only remaining FXP ship I don't have, and I am sitting on 2.5m FXP. It's almost certain there will be no more pure-FXP ships either. Even with that I am undecided on getting Hayate because it looks incredibly mediocre.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

kaesarsosei posted:

Has anyone got the Hayate? Its the only remaining FXP ship I don't have, and I am sitting on 2.5m FXP. It's almost certain there will be no more pure-FXP ships either. Even with that I am undecided on getting Hayate because it looks incredibly mediocre.

Not only do I have a Hayate, I have the lacquer camouflage that provides no benefits besides looking amazing. Your mileage will depend on how much you enjoy gunboating in the Japanese torp boats, because that’s what Hayate is. If you look at Yugumo and think “hey, that gun DPM isn’t that bad, actually, let’s put on the reload mod, the four pointer gun reload skill and go to town,” then you might not hate playing it. But the trouble with Hayate is it isn’t just a shima with faster gun reload and one fewer torp rack, which would be great. Instead, it has badly nerfed agility and concealment. It works, but it’s definitely underpowered as a result. That said, the Japanese 127s work fine against most destroyers and the ship is useable, I just wouldn’t bring it into tanked except as a joke.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blindeye posted:

Maybe it's just been my experience, but most games in my Des Moines/Smaland/Wooster I know if I'll win based almost entirely on the spotting damage I get. Using it has been a strong indicator for when I should bail from an objective and play like it's 1v13. It's also telling when my winrate is higher in Des Moines than, say, my Salem, but my Salem has more saved stars (built with range mod to do more kiting/farming since the radar is shorter range and less useful early game). Going through old stats, my third best ship in tier X ranked is the Thunderer so high damage farming passive play can also carry in the right circumstances.

Yeah I've started to get a pretty good idea of how the game will shape up based on spotting damage as well. When you have 3 or 4 enemies spotted for a minute+ and you get 3-4k total spotting damage from the 3 or so ships behind you, you know it's going to be a great game :suicide:

Map placement of your team after 2-4 minutes is a pretty good indicator too. All that being said the meta has definitely shifted into a significantly more passive playstyle. I don't like it and I've found it difficult to account for this in the higher tiers at times (being the one that over committed on a "push")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
i fully expect to see people complaining about their teams in TTOOL 2022, as is tradition

maybe i'll log in today