Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer

right in front of the door seems p convenient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Pee on the sign

stevewm
May 10, 2005

The Bloop posted:

We have the same thing in the US if you have bad credit but it's prepaid through an app rather than directly with coins, so there's even more things that can go wrong!

I assume this is only in the states where they deregulated the power industry? Because wow.. I've never heard of such a thing in my state.. And that sounds loving terrible.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Bloop posted:

We have the same thing in the US if you have bad credit but it's prepaid through an app rather than directly with coins, so there's even more things that can go wrong!

A friend of mine in the UK who's on disability had a system like that that would beep loudly and ominously before running out of money and even though she's since moved into a house with power actually covered by the disability program instead of poo poo she has to manage herself she still hallucinates that goddamn beeping sound in the middle of the night sometimes, like some kinda loving power company induced PTSD

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

A coworker at my last job was getting her masters in psychology and did her thesis on how different people react to emojis in business communications differently. For example, whoever wrote that sign probably thought it was cutesy and fun, whereas everyone else reads it as smug, infuriating hostility.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

i am harry posted:

this is pathetic advice please don’t listen to it god drat

???

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

restroom access restrictions of any kind are the ultimate :capitalism:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

stevewm posted:

I assume this is only in the states where they deregulated the power industry? Because wow.. I've never heard of such a thing in my state.. And that sounds loving terrible.

I mean I only have seen it in Florida so lmao everything government adjacent here is insanely misanthropic

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the restroom thing is out of fear that they might accidentally make the contractors employees by being nice to them right

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

THey make fake piss you can use to pass a drug test. google: quick fix

that poo poo doesn't work, get a friend to give you clean piss

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

stevewm posted:

I've stayed in an apartment in China that had the same setup. I think it's just a lovely apartment thing as opposed strictly a capitalist hellscape thing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

WampaLord posted:

that poo poo doesn't work

Fake piss.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

mr Scoop posted:

right in front of the door seems p convenient

That's really inappropriate.

I'm sure there are plenty of nice cars in the parking lot.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jazerus posted:

restroom access restrictions of any kind are the ultimate :capitalism:

feminists fought back and stopped it for fifty years, time to fight again https://jezebel.com/the-1970s-feminist-fight-against-pay-toilets-1773143625

e: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-19/why-the-u-s-should-give-pay-toilets-another-chance and here's the obligatory bloomberg article that letting the free market charge for toilets again will solve everything

Arivia has issued a correction as of 00:18 on Dec 28, 2021

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Arivia posted:

feminists fought back and stopped it for fifty years, time to fight again https://jezebel.com/the-1970s-feminist-fight-against-pay-toilets-1773143625

I wonder how many of them now want to keep transwomen out of women's bathrooms

I bet it's less than I think but more than I hope

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
I remember pay toilets. They were always filthy because people needed to "get one over" on them.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they were decent in netherlands but many things are decent in the netherlands that are not in america

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

WampaLord posted:

I've used it 3x to pass back in 2016

So it has worked at least 3 times in history.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

According to the wiki article they're not even banned everywhere so I'm sure there's still some states with them. There's plenty of stupid modern equivalents involving apps popping up regardless anyway.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Pay-for-toilets are the standard in a lot of Europe and a lot of the time they're just as disgusting as any other free spot. There are some amazingly well maintained ones too though.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they were decent in netherlands but many things are decent in the netherlands that are not in america

Where Peter Pan lives? People don't even age there, surely they don't also need to poop

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

I've used it 3x to pass back in 2016

So it has worked at least 3 times in history.

glad it worked for you, it did not for me. maybe testing got more sophisticated cause this was like 2019 when it failed for me

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

What about the kind where you just chug a thing of special liquid like 3 hours before then pee it out before the test

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ Yo.

WampaLord posted:

It does, depending on the test. A GC/MS might recognize it as a calibration sample. Instant result tests, should work fine, but a diluted sample can beat those, so you're better off buying some creatine monohydrate and vitamin B complex.

A gram or two of creatine to make your body retain water, half to a whole gallon of water, and 200mg of vitamin B complex to turn your piss yellow, 2-3 hours before the drug test. Piss twice before giving a sample.

Those are the active ingredients in most of those "cleansing" tonics or whatever that headshops sell for $30+. You can get many, many drug tests worth of creatine and vitamin B from a GNC for the same $30. I've used that method to good success in the past, specifically the military. At the time the marijuana detection threshold was 50 nanograms/microliter, confirmation at 15, on GC/MS. If they didn't see it at 50, they didn't test the confirmation level. I wouldn't trust it so much now, and don't know the current regs, but it worked over a decade ago.

Military drug tests are unique in that you have a urinalysis administrator that is supposed to watch you piss, from source to cup. Kinda like a probation or DOT test. Substituting is just not possible so if you want to enjoy your drugs, you have to do a few things. Keep creatine and vitamin B handy, and get to know a the lower enlisted close to command, at battalion/flight/whatever if possible. Secret squirrels (lower enlisted command) can often be bought off, if you're friendly enough. Sometimes just with beer. Or have inept command that can't keep the secret, those were my favorite.

So in summation, dilution can be the solution to the pollution, but you need to study and have an alternative (synthetic or clean) if you can substitute and it is GC/MS lab tested.

Lol seriousposting about piss testing

E:

WampaLord posted:

glad it worked for you, it did not for me. maybe testing got more sophisticated cause this was like 2019 when it failed for me

It's likely yours went through a newer machine that recognized it as a calibration solution. Also you'd be a fool to believe that Quick Fix and the like aren't programmed in to be detected due to whatever the makeup of the solution is. In that case, dump a little out of the bottle and top off the bottle with late stream, late in the day urine (a tiny bit, couple milliliters). Weed likes to trickle out more in your morning piss than the evening for some reason.

CRUSTY MINGE has issued a correction as of 00:39 on Dec 28, 2021

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Shame Boy posted:

A coworker at my last job was getting her masters in psychology and did her thesis on how different people react to emojis in business communications differently. For example, whoever wrote that sign probably thought it was cutesy and fun, whereas everyone else reads it as smug, infuriating hostility.

yeah the smiley at the end really is infuriating

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
A friend of mine had a piss dealer who sold him clean piss. I always imagined him in a trench coat full of little baggies.

Purchasing someone's piss so you can continue to get medication cause you smoke a weed is pretty capitalism.txt

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shame Boy posted:

A friend of mine in the UK who's on disability had a system like that that would beep loudly and ominously before running out of money and even though she's since moved into a house with power actually covered by the disability program instead of poo poo she has to manage herself she still hallucinates that goddamn beeping sound in the middle of the night sometimes, like some kinda loving power company induced PTSD

Along these lines, if you ever wanna gently caress with a friend who spent some time in fast food, play the drive thru beep when they're least expecting it

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ It's the ticket machines that get me, not the beeps. That printing followed by a chop noise.

I remember when Floridian Skeletor decided to make unemployment and welfare drug testable and wound up giving money to skeletor's friends wasting a bunch of money because almost no one on welfare can afford drugs.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

yeah but I bet they felt really good about the handful of poor fucks they were able to catch smoking a plant

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Abongination posted:

A friend of mine had a piss dealer who sold him clean piss. I always imagined him in a trench coat full of little baggies.

Purchasing someone's piss so you can continue to get medication cause you smoke a weed is pretty capitalism.txt

Telling people not to is extremely pro-capitalism.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

/\ Yo.

It does, depending on the test. A GC/MS might recognize it as a calibration sample. Instant result tests, should work fine, but a diluted sample can beat those, so you're better off buying some creatine monohydrate and vitamin B complex.

A gram or two of creatine to make your body retain water, half to a whole gallon of water, and 200mg of vitamin B complex to turn your piss yellow, 2-3 hours before the drug test. Piss twice before giving a sample.

Those are the active ingredients in most of those "cleansing" tonics or whatever that headshops sell for $30+. You can get many, many drug tests worth of creatine and vitamin B from a GNC for the same $30. I've used that method to good success in the past, specifically the military. At the time the marijuana detection threshold was 50 nanograms/microliter, confirmation at 15, on GC/MS. If they didn't see it at 50, they didn't test the confirmation level. I wouldn't trust it so much now, and don't know the current regs, but it worked over a decade ago.

Military drug tests are unique in that you have a urinalysis administrator that is supposed to watch you piss, from source to cup. Kinda like a probation or DOT test. Substituting is just not possible so if you want to enjoy your drugs, you have to do a few things. Keep creatine and vitamin B handy, and get to know a the lower enlisted close to command, at battalion/flight/whatever if possible. Secret squirrels (lower enlisted command) can often be bought off, if you're friendly enough. Sometimes just with beer. Or have inept command that can't keep the secret, those were my favorite.

So in summation, dilution can be the solution to the pollution, but you need to study and have an alternative (synthetic or clean) if you can substitute and it is GC/MS lab tested.

Lol seriousposting about piss testing

E:

It's likely yours went through a newer machine that recognized it as a calibration solution. Also you'd be a fool to believe that Quick Fix and the like aren't programmed in to be detected due to whatever the makeup of the solution is. In that case, dump a little out of the bottle and top off the bottle with late stream, late in the day urine (a tiny bit, couple milliliters). Weed likes to trickle out more in your morning piss than the evening for some reason.

I did the same thing and passed a employment screen a few years ago. The cheapo tests check color, temp, and look for creatanine, the metabolite of creatine. That's the extent of their verification that it's piss so as long as you can fool those 3 values you can fake most piss in a cup quick tests at least.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Arivia posted:

e: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-19/why-the-u-s-should-give-pay-toilets-another-chance and here's the obligatory bloomberg article that letting the free market charge for toilets again will solve everything

The Lockpicking Lawyer did a great little video on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0foSHWP7rc

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

i am harry posted:

drugs is big business, man. religious puritanism is bad but it was a thousand years old before capitalism was a twinkle in some dutch and british peeps eyes

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug

i am harry posted:

I wasn't telling anyone to do anything. I was stating that I wasn't willing to risk my career to smoke weed as folks pointed out the quick fix stuff in response to my original post and it's hard to trust a random product with your future.

It's a shame that choice has to get made and hopefully it'll change at some point cause I really like smoking weed thnx i am harry

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I for one would simply not smoke the wed and get high off life

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Shame Boy posted:

I for one would simply not smoke the wed and get high off life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMxzkBdzTNU

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Oh look it's my brain

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Abongination posted:

I wasn't telling anyone to do anything. I was stating that I wasn't willing to risk my career to smoke weed as folks pointed out the quick fix stuff in response to my original post and it's hard to trust a random product with your future.

It's a shame that choice has to get made and hopefully it'll change at some point cause I really like smoking weed thnx i am harry

it isn’t a random product; the advice is to use fake piss because it works. we’ve tried it and relied on it. golden flask, $50, tape it to your thigh and smoke all the weed you want gently caress your employers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

I ordered a 5 euro wii adapter because I wanted to give my old wii to my ex's kids.
I got it, but also a piece of cardboard with a very angrily stabbed/scratched 'happy new year' on it, and a mobile 4g modem worth 400 euros for some reason.

I'm guessing there's someone in the warehouse very angrily scratching good wishes into cardboard while putting some expensive electronics with anything.

Filled my heart with jolly good cheer in any case.

edit:
angrily stabbed message

Sterf has issued a correction as of 01:35 on Dec 29, 2021