Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
smdh at all of these restaurants devaluing wacky vanity plates by decorating the walls with them instead of attaching them to new cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I think the diff is that the jack in the box is the toy, while the gameboy is just the method of interacting with it(the game is the source of entertainment). Its more like people getting upset about someone converting an old black and white dial tv into a cat bed because they enjoyed the 1960s addams family as a kid.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
I mean, the old TV probably doens work or won't for much longer. Though my cat doesn't work, either... get a job, Sam!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Look all im sayin is id rather justify siding against logan paul.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
There's something to be said for preserving old works in the mediums they were designed to be interacted with. You can emulate most Gameboy games (important to remember it's not all) but that isn't the platform they were developed to be played on.

The table doesn't really matter, but the overall attitude that old media and tech is absolutely disposable isn't great. No, being able to play the Gameboy color port of Fester's Quest isn't important to society, but preservation efforts are a good thing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You could take the innards out and flog them to whoever repairs the things, there are more cases than working innards I would expect.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
pretty hosed up Logan Paul bought the last working gameboys and used them to make his table

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

"tax avoidance too ps gay" I wish the judge stop bully me

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Coolness Averted posted:

pretty hosed up Logan Paul bought the last working gameboys and used them to make his table

And they only made millions of them too :(

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

*extremely Indiana Jones voice* they belong in a landfill

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

he devalued that coffee table. How are you supposed to watch a prostitute poo poo on it while you lay underneath with all those loving toys in the way

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

One of my ex bosses took her age old Mac and turned it into an aquarium with a little goldfish and nobody sent her death threats, maybe it's because there have been no good games on the system

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Leave it to gamers to make me unquestioningly side with a Paul bro

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Do you get a bigger tax break for being gay, or is there some reason why people couldn't get fake straight marriages?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Probably some boomer mindset about "no one would fake marry some nagging ball and chain bitch when they could just fake marry their best bro"

Or not, he probably just really doesn't trust gay people and can't stop making them scapegoats for everything he disapproves of.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Dr. Stab posted:

Do you get a bigger tax break for being gay, or is there some reason why people couldn't get fake straight marriages?

Bros before hoes

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Picnic Princess posted:

Probably some boomer mindset about "no one would fake marry some nagging ball and chain bitch when they could just fake marry their best bro"

Or not, he probably just really doesn't trust gay people and can't stop making them scapegoats for everything he disapproves of.

You can just marry your best bro 4 life and live together and be best buds. That's not fraud. You don't have to be loving or even sleep in the same room for it to be a "real" marriage.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Dr. Stab posted:

People like him don’t have any friends who are women and can’t even conceptualize the possibility

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Kit Walker posted:

People like him don’t have any friends who are women and can’t even conceptualize the possibility

This is my vote. Too repulsive for a woman to have anything to do with.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
Not to defend screeching gamers, but it does hurt a little when I see something like an old computer cannibalized for earrings or wall decor or something. But, I guess GBCs are not as rare as say, an Oric Atmos or whatever.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Preservation is important even just from a historical context, and that includes history of video games, computers, etc.

I just think of all the things Logan Paul has done to be a rancid fart this is pretty mild and harmless. Aren't there already people working on preserving this sort of thing? I don't necessarily think the consoles he used would have ever gone on to something else.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

computers as earrings??

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
There is plenty of preservation of Game Boys. We have millions of them, many of them pristine.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
poo poo, you can barely destroy a Game Boy if you're *trying* to, remember that one that was in a building that got bombed and only needed a new screen to work perfectly?

e: https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/a27183316/nintendo-game-boy-survived-gulf-war/

Chloe Jessica has a new favorite as of 07:21 on Dec 28, 2021

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
literally the only reason he did it was to get people to have this exact exhausting conversation so that he becomes more popular.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Also what do you even destroy computers to use as wall decor? Do people just hang up ram cards and frame them then go mmm yes what a wonderful thing to look at as I sip on some Gatorade

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Also what do you even destroy computers to use as wall decor? Do people just hang up ram cards and frame them then go mmm yes what a wonderful thing to look at as I sip on some Gatorade

I wouldn't hang them on the wall but I saw a quite neat desk top made of old PCBs in resin from an e-waste center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Ctjb1BFKE&t=820s

I wonder sometimes when the "random poo poo encased in resin" trend is gonna become the new live laugh love. And I shall thence be evermore the most basic of bitches.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

computers as earrings??

Small pieces of circuit boards or other electronic components on loops, posts, or wires. Generally pretty hideous but someone could maybe make it work.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Heath posted:

There is plenty of preservation of Game Boys. We have millions of them, many of them pristine.

A fair point. If he destroyed like a Panasonic 3DO or a Sega Saturn I would have been pissed because those things are like unicorns but loving everybody had a Game Boy.

But he's also Jake and/or Logan Paul, so gently caress him/them because he/they are Jake and/or Logan Paul.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Re: Logan Paul "disrespecting" the gameboys by making a table out of them.

Isn't it more respectful, and arguably reverential of him to use them to make a cool table with because he likes the look/nostalgia of them so much he wants to incorporate them in his daily life.

Rather than just have them collect dust in the back of somebodies garage.

Also, Logan Paul is a fuckstain and I hate him and his brother. But not for making a gameboy table.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

OwlFancier posted:

I wouldn't hang them on the wall but I saw a quite neat desk top made of old PCBs in resin from an e-waste center.

I wonder sometimes when the "random poo poo encased in resin" trend is gonna become the new live laugh love. And I shall thence be evermore the most basic of bitches.

I have some bad news.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jogan and/or Lake Paul.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Jogan and/or Lake Paul.

The objectively better Paul Brothers.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

OwlFancier posted:

based on what i've been seeing, this one is the new live laugh love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOicYu3qdDE

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

This is some of the ugliest poo poo ive ever seen

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
There are millions of original Game Boys out there in working condition, this is no big deal.

But if he’d done this with, let’s say, one of the last working original Amiga 4000s yeah that would rub me the wrong way.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh my loving god.

I saw it and I was like "how the gently caress do you use that as a table" and then she just has a loving book balanced on it at the end lmfao.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
A lot of the gameboys he dunked in his epoxy ant farm are on the rarer side of things edition-wise and even if they were broken they'd be better served by someone else who could use them for parts or something at least instead of being a view generator for the suicide forest fuckboy.

e: also the analogue pocket is an overpriced piece of crap that doesn't work with most flashcarts and will be impossible to get until 2024 lmao

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
ultimately it's all silicon, metal, and plastic that will remain as nothing more than a monument to the follies of man once we slow cook ourselves to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Good lord, why. Even when that poo poo has properly cured it's still super easy to crack parts of it off. It's 100% material that's not designed to be touched regularly