Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
These hospital and ICU numbers are insanely bad. It's going to be 2020 NYC, but everywhere and for months straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
okay, which goon here is working in pelosi's office. fess up

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

now we see if enough liberals yell at biden on twitter that they back down on this line they did with no free covid tests and no student loan freeze extension

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Paradoxish posted:

These hospital and ICU numbers are insanely bad. It's going to be 2020 NYC, but everywhere and for months straight.

i can still readily recall the constant sirens from back then; it was loving insane and apocalyptic

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

Today :denmark: had the U.S. equivalent of a 920K day with a positivity rate of 12.4%. And this is only the beginning. :thunkgun:

:eyepop:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

What's the maximum overall/ICU bed capacity numbers, anyway (ignoring most of the labor force getting sick/quitting from burnout)? :thunk:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/behindyourback/status/1475671069549867017?s=20

Lmao.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

okay, which goon here is working in pelosi's office. fess up

that's where the phrase comes from

also it wasn't her office she was talking about she said that that's something her grandkids say

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Anyone who votes for a democrat controlled government after this has no moral ground to stand on.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

the world is better off altogether without these people, by any necessary means
:thermidor:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zugzwang posted:

Thinkin’ about Monica Gandhi’s tweet from Feb 2021 saying that India had achieved herd immunity and had done the right thing by opening up because their cases were low.

Monica Gandhi has learned her lesson and is now recommending that we do the right thing by opening up while cases are HIGH

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

Monica Gandhi has learned her lesson and is now recommending that we do the right thing by opening up while cases are HIGH

high but mild

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Google Butt posted:

0 days will come in jan

I was thinking it's possible that things get so bad in january that they can't possibly cut it to 0 and would have to wait until feb.
then i lolled and remembered who's running this show.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

Louisgod posted:

lies, have you seen Florida? they're doing GREAT

Hell yeah we're doing awesome

**NEW RECORD**

Florida breaks record for new coronavirus cases as positivity rate surges

quote:

Florida on Friday and Saturday reported its largest single-day increases of new coronavirus cases, driven by the spread of the omicron variant, according to the Associated Press.

The December surge has come with a rush to get tested ahead of the holidays. That trend continued after Christmas. Many retail testing outlets were booked solid so people turned to government facilities as they returned from travel or concluded visits with famlity and friends.

The West Tampa Neighborhood Service Center had a line wrapped around the building for much of Sunday, as residents waited to get tested the day after Chrstmas, according to Tampa television station WTSP.

At a drive-thru testing site at Barnett Park in Orlando on Sunday, hundreds of people waited in their cars in the dark before it opened, and it reached capacity by midday.

“We just got back from the plane and everybody was coughing so we really wanted to see if we had COVID,” Yaree Pierre told Orlando television station WFTV.

The state reported 31,758 new coronavirus cases on Friday and 32,850 on Saturday, breaking a record for the most cases in a single day, according to data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The previous single-day highest number of cases was in August, during the height of the delta variant wave in Florida, when 27,802 cases were reported.

The number of cases reported last week in Florida grew by 320% percent compared to the previous week, according to data released by the state Department of Health on Friday.

The positivity rate for the week also more than doubled from 5.4% last week to 13.8% this week.

The seven-day average for new cases was 21,125 on Saturday, passing 20,000 for the first time since the peak of the delta surge.

The state's COVID-19 death toll now stands at 62,342, up 122 from a week earlier. That's compared to 194 new deaths recorded last week.

Researchers have said the omicron variant is highly contagiou and has shown mild symptoms in most patients. Long-term health issues with the variant are unknown. Public health officials continue to stress the importance of vaccination to minimize the threat to health care systems.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
it excluded california, holy gently caress

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

snake and bake posted:

Hell yeah we're doing awesome

**NEW RECORD**

seems like this could be better.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Not Great, Not Terrible.

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

now we see if enough liberals yell at biden on twitter that they back down on this line they did with no free covid tests and no student loan freeze extension

I guess we now have our answer to “Who scolds the Scoldsmen?”

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S53fZTbKHG0

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Sharkie posted:

I was thinking it's possible that things get so bad in january that they can't possibly cut it to 0 and would have to wait until feb.
then i lolled and remembered who's running this show.

Even this guidance is extremely desperate and cutting it more won't matter. We're at the point where the limiting factor now will be the fact that a lot of people are just going to be too sick to go to work regardless of guidance.

Looking forward to people collapsing on the job in the next few weeks because their bosses won't listen when they say they can't get out of bed.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1238192553574490112?s=20

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Paradoxish posted:

Which numbers?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

Even this guidance is extremely desperate and cutting it more won't matter. We're at the point where the limiting factor now will be the fact that a lot of people are just going to be too sick to go to work regardless of guidance.

Looking forward to people collapsing on the job in the next few weeks because their bosses won't listen when they say they can't get out of bed.

Looking forward to the impending Worker's Comp litigation on the matter!

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Google Butt posted:

Actually 0 days quarantine + banning daily state level reporting will come at the same time

yup, no point in quarantine when everyone has the same disease simultaneously!

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Zugzwang posted:

My wife has NPR on and they’re talking about the latest CDC guidance. I’ve officially turned into the person who keeps screaming “this is madness! the government is trying to kill us!” at the inanimate object emitting sound waves into the room

Dude I was just thinking about how I really need to stop saying this outloud so much lol. I am now the fake news gov killing us guy and it's loving wigging me out lol

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

well the good news is the climate change thread already made me accept i'll be dead before 60

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
https://twitter.com/WaitingOnBiden/status/1475533255361372164

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

They're saying the positivity rate is artificially high because they've urged only symptomatic people, close contacts and rapid positives to get a PCR.

Yes, those are only PCR positives.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Joementum posted:

seeing a lot of people saying they have lower back pain as a “mild” omicron symptom and very worried about what that really means given what we know COVID does to kidneys

Covid kidneys are real. My gf's dad got covid while unvaccinated last year and complained about back pain. He was concerned it was his kidneys. His sister who is a MD said in his case it was more likely just the virus/his immune response causing more than usual inflammation in his bad back.

Oddly when I got my second Pfizer shot, I definitely remember my lower back and my one bad knee that I injured hiking a few years ago hurt for a day.

I'd definitely be very concerned if someone with no history of back pain complains about it as a covid symptom though

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

speng31b posted:

Which numbers?

National US hospitalizations. We're just hitting the on-ramp for this peak and the numbers look pretty incredibly bad. NY hospitalizations especially.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"Delegating responsibility to the states is a robust and immediate Federal response. Politico rates this: TRUE."

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

quote this post if you didn't vote for joe biden

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

kreeningsons posted:

Covid kidneys are real.

i had a coworker's whose 30-year-old partner needed a kidney transplant after wild-type thrashed them.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
How much of this is to break the backs of the wfh crowd and the ones who never want to catch COVID?

gently caress you CDC and Joe Biden, you won’t catch me.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

triple sulk posted:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Goobish posted:

Dude I was just thinking about how I really need to stop saying this outloud so much lol. I am now the fake news gov killing us guy and it's loving wigging me out lol

Yeah, it's great. I'm a conspiracy theorist now and I loving hate myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

triple sulk posted:

I will never vote