Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for moving out without a word with rent due to in 2 days?

quote:

My bf used my Amazon account to buy $500 in shoes and other things on my credit card. I didn’t notice until I checked my cc and he didn’t tell me. I was shocked and confronted him about it, he lied to me and said I must have ordered it and forgot about it. Of course I forgot that I ordered you $300 shoes and bullshit that it could be anyone else, he’s the only one in my life that has men’s size 11 feet and the only one with access to my Amazon account. The address was also to a buddies house to avoid me seeing them. My name is not one the lease because he had the lease before I moved in but we paid it half half. I moved out to one of my friend place and am looking for my own place. I blocked him on my phone but he’s called all my friends and am demanding an explanation why I’ve left him to pay the rent alone. I know he doesn’t have the money but it will be hard for the landlord to kick him out. AITA for leaving because he lied about using my cc to buy himself shoes and then leaving him to pay the rent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Mx. posted:

AITA for moving out without a word with rent due to in 2 days?

lol

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Sounds like he got the rent money already.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Seth Pecksniff posted:

sometimes professors do it to see who reads the syllabus, like the dude who hid $50 in plain sight and no one picked it up for the entire semester

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappen...nd-it-1.6284015

edgeman83 posted:

In the student's defense, I would've assumed the money was already claimed and wouldn't have tried to claim it.
Or if they were anything like the teachers inclined to do it at my public school, they're bastard-coated bastards who would report the money stolen.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

haveblue posted:

write a long detailed explanation of the integral, then at the end add "except backwards"

You forgot +C at the end, zero points

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Uncle Enzo posted:

Most, not all. At least one person failed the test because they either skipped an insta-fail or got one answer wrong. 100% rear end in a top hat. The point of a test is to assess knowledge of the material, not pose riddles that require giving a poo poo about the syllabus (no one gives a gently caress about the syllabus).

One thing I really liked about uni exams over high school tests was the complete lack of bullshit. All completely straightforward and clearly set out.

No "What is the third least likely response for the person to not choose" bullshit.

Then that ratfucking OP goes and pulls that crap with questions that literally take away from your other work. I'd get a meeting with the student administration if I failed an exam because of that.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for agreeing to change my son’s last name in exchange for money?

quote:

My son is 4, his dad wasn’t involved in his life until he was a year old so he has my last name. My dad has no sons and has always wanted a male heir to carry on the family name so he was very happy about it. When my ex found out he was upset and wanted me to change it immediately but I’ve continued to refuse over the years.

I finally agreed to change it recently because it looks like he plans to stick around for the long term and his name could potentially be beneficial for our son in the future. Officially, he thinks I said yes because he offered me money.

My dad is furious, especially since he hates my ex’s family and most things associated with them. He’s been bringing up every bad thing my ex has done to me and our son to try to convince me not to change it. He keeps accusing me of not caring about our family legacy and said it was bad enough I let my ex get me pregnant in the first place but changing my son’s name now is just spitting in my dad’s face after he was the one to step up and help me like my ex should’ve done from the start.

AITA?

Of course she won't say how much. Or the name.

AITA for buying a gun and not telling my parents about it

quote:

So this involves myself (18m) and my parents (35f and 39f).

Basically after I turned 18 I went out a bought a gun (Taurus 1911 if you’re interested). After I went through all the checks I brought it home and I’ve kept it in a lockable case under my bed. I’ve only taken it out whenever I’ve gone shooting for my own entertainment (at a range of course).

Now I’m by no means a fanatic. I didn’t buy it for self defence or anything else. I bought it because I’m interested in guns and plan on becoming a gun historian in future. I don’t play with my gun or anything. I respect it as the weapon it is and I practice firearm safety to a T.

My parents, however, blew the F up on me when they found out about it. They’re massively anti-gun for valid reasons but they’re going majorly over the top with it. I think at some point they’re either going to tell me to sell the gun or to move out.

But anyway the argument here is that they’re saying that I shouldn’t have bought the gun because it’s their house and they should have been informed. This is a fair point but at the same time isn’t this also my house as well? I mean I’ve lived here for 10 years and they don’t require me to inform them of anything else I own.

So am I actually the rear end in a top hat for buying a gun and not telling them or do I have a right to not need someone else’s permission for things I own in my own home?

Surprising but most of Reddit votes YTA. Of course I do too, this kinda poo poo you need to fly by the others living in the house.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Feeling stuck and unfulfilled in my romantic relationship of 8 year

quote:

**Fair warning, it’s a lengthy post.

I [27F] and SO [44M]

When you gather all the evidence you need to know that this poo poo isn’t going to work out.

I’ve been on the fence about separating from my SO, but the thing is we’ve been together for about 8 years now and have a 7 year old boy together.

We have never separated before and I am currently a student trying to get into an ADN program at my community college.

There had been times when my SO argues and I try to stay calm because he becomes overly aggressive. He hasn’t laid his hands on me because I make him realize what happens if he does, but he tries to get in my face and use aggressive language. I try to always keep my cool when he’s expressing his anger and frustration, but these arguments usually ends up with him threatening me because he wants to “seek revenge” for making him feel however I made him feel.

Just this morning my SO was off from work today and my son was doing distance learning. My SO likes to watch tv and at the same time my son is in his zoom meeting, my SO wanted my son to turn up the volume because he wanted to hear the teacher. Mind you my son is in his own room and on his desk doing this and my SO is watching TV in the living room, we don’t have a big place, so his room his isn’t far from the living room. But I was never bothered by the volume and I thought that since my son was able to hear that it would be fine because usually I could hear since I don’t watch TV. I’m usually in my own room on my phone catching up with the news and watching videos. So, because I thought his request was ridiculous because he was watching TV, I didn’t do anything about it. My son was comfortable with the volume his laptop was at and I already knew that other parents are around their own children as well in the zoom meeting. I check in from time to time to make sure my son has everything he needs and that he is sitting and paying attention to his teacher. He is mostly well behaved but needs a reminder to sit still and pay attention to his teacher at times. Anyways, my SO ended up getting angry and started spewing about how because I didn’t submit to his request he was going to seek vengeance. He continues to say things like “I’m going to make it 10x worse for you” or “you just watch when we don’t have food and you need me to go to the grocery store” as if that is something he can hold over me. He also undermines me and makes it difficult for me to speak by interrupting me when I’m trying to make a point and he finds something in his thoughts to say poo poo back at me preventing me from trying to get my point across. At this point I know that he is just in his emotions and he can’t handle that I’m not reacting to him the way he wants me to react. I continue to try and contain myself while trying to get my point across but he keeps escalating it and getting in my face. When I realize that he isn’t listening and just responding, I try to stop the argument because I know that he isn’t in the right state of mind to communicate. I tell him that I’m done and he could do whatever he wants, he can do whatever threats he was stating he will do and to just shut him up I end up getting my son to increase the volume. But he still continues to say it is too late, and that I should have done it when he requested it from the beginning. So... he continues to say poo poo to me, continues to undermine me, and continues to place threats of revenge. I tell him how petty he’s being and that he is acting ridiculous but he tries to turn it back around saying I’m the crazy one and that I’m the one over reacting.

These argument don’t happen too often, but when they do I always end up contemplating on leaving. I almost left once with my things all packed but it was too difficult because of my son. He believes that what he does for me is way more than what I do for him. However, I’m the one who is always trying to get us to connect and trying to make sure things are easier for him because he’s the one bringing in income and working hard. I feel like he takes me for granted a lot and isn’t seeing the value that I bring to our relationship and our family. There are days and sometimes weeks where I would feel like we aren’t connecting well in our relationship and I try to please him, but he just ends up being his pessimistic self or doesn’t acknowledge the things I’m doing out of the kindness of my own heart. I brush these things off because I don’t want to escalate things into an argument, but when he has an issue with something this minor he goes on raging his frustrations towards me.

I have had a lot of thoughts of not wanting to be with my SO these past 8 years and for the most part I think I stay because it works and I don’t want to separate our family. Things will be a lot more complicated and I’m mostly concerned for my son. I grew up with my parents going through a divorce when I was in high school and that created a very big impact because there were a lot of arguments in my household. Things were never really calm and I don’t remember being happy until I was with my friends who seemed to make the bad moments bearable. It feels like I’ve had a lot of bad moments in my life and when things are sound, I let them be.

I know that there is a lot I need to work on for myself and I feel like my SO is holding me back from doing that. He worries a lot about money, which is understandable as the breadwinner of the household. We only have one car and I am usually always at home with my son while he goes to work. We are all doing the things we are supposed to be doing, I take care of things at home while he goes to work and takes care of errands outside of the house. It’s simple and it works. I have suffered from depression throughout my life and when someone brings up how worthy I am to them, it hits hard even though I try to show that I can hold my own and keep it together. My SO knows that I go through depression sometimes, but sometimes when things aren’t benefiting him he doesn’t consider it.

I believe he has narcissistic tendencies and his willing to change is not as flexible as I would like it. He believes he’s a person who doesn’t change and is who he is. I have seen very minimal growth in our relationship the past 8 years and I feel like it is depleting me. I’m a person who wants to learn and grow and experiencing many things. I miss my independence, I miss working and being able to make my own money.

Don’t get me wrong though, he can be funny, sweet, and loving, but he certainly does not seem to cherish me. In the moments where we are at peace with each other it is nice and can be fun even, but we live a very basic monotoned life. When our son is off to bed we hang out with each other by watching tv. I don’t even really care to watch tv, it’s pretty much his thing. He doesn’t want to participate in the things I want to do, but I am always willing to do what he likes to do.

Our story is surely an odd one, our age gap is pretty large and he has a daughter that is one year younger than I. Of course I was foolish when I was young and he was charming. My mother never really helped set her kids up for success as she was concerned about other things and I ended up dropping out of college and quitting my job because I became pregnant at the age of 19. After having my son, I decided that I needed to do what I can in order for my son and I to have a better future, so I went to school to start my journey in becoming a registered nurse. I’m at the point where I’ve finished all my prerequisites for the program and because I’m only applying to the community college in my city I don’t have that many opportunities than if I were to apply in other cities as well. But I have to make do with what I can work with and I hope that I’ll be able to get through my academic journey sooner than later.

The road I have traveled on has had some potholes, but those potholes were able to address the areas in my life that I had already needed to fix. I am fortunate for all the things I have and all the things I’ve experienced because I continue to learn through them, but I do believe that I haven’t experienced enough for where I am at in my own personal growth. There is a lot of fear in separating as well because I don’t have a strong support system, but if I desperately needed to get away I would be able to.

I feel stuck and unfulfilled. I am disappointed because I believe this man has great potential to do better for himself, but I don’t think he realizes this himself. I can imagine that he feels as if I disrespected him in some way and that in turn he feels as if he needs to disrespect me with 10 times the force.

This situation isn’t enough to force me to decide to leave at this moment, but it makes me realize that this relationship isn’t going to work out in the end. At some point, I do plan on having a life without him as my romantic partner. But for now, I’m just waiting to get accepted into the nursing program...

I guess I want know if anyone else can relate to what I’m feeling? Maybe I need some help validating if I am tolerating too much disrespect from him. Perhaps some advice or encouraging words would be helpful as well. Or you can hit me with some reality, just try not to be mean about please.

Other than that it was good to write this all out and reevaluate. Thank you for taking your time to read and if you do decide to respond, it will be a pleasure to see others experiences and points of views.

TL;DR S/O continues to put me down when we argue and I contemplate on leaving at some point. We also have a 7 year old boy together.

Lol she’s big into crypto now but actually left.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Edit wrong thread

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for using a disposable camera?

quote:

Throwaway because this could be embarrassing

In October I (34M) went to the wedding of my GF’s cousin. Everyone was dressed to the nines and it was truly lovely.

The reception after the wedding was at a beautiful country club. As part of the reception, the bride and groom put out a bunch of disposable cameras for the guests to take pictures during the reception.

Now, this is where I may be the rear end in a top hat. I’ve always been a bit of a prankster, so after a few drinks I decided to have a bit of wee fun. I took one of the cameras to the bathroom with me and had a bit of a photo shoot, let’s say. Nothing explicit, just a couple of moon shots and one or two of a carefully placed decorations around my “member” (don’t worry, you couldn’t actually see “it”)

Truthfully, I was a bit drunk when I did this and forgot about my photo shoot. That was until this weekend when the couple hosted a party (we’re all vaxed and boosted) and they decided to go through the pics from the disposable cameras.

Needless to say everyone was quite taken aback when they got to my photos saying the wedding was ruined because of what I did. The bride’s mother even started to cry.

My GF recognized me from a birthmark and told everyone that was me. I got kicked out of the party and had to Lyft home. I tried to apologize but kept getting sent straight to voice mail. My GF won’t even talk to me.

I’m being treated like a pariah but I don’t feel like I did anything wrong. So, AITA?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for buying a gun and not telling my parents about it

Surprising but most of Reddit votes YTA. Of course I do too, this kinda poo poo you need to fly by the others living in the house.

This is bait. You can't buy a handgun (and that's what that is) at 18. Only a long gun.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Motronic posted:

This is bait. You can't buy a handgun (and that's what that is) at 18. Only a long gun.

Is that federal? I know it was a state law in California but i think that also just got overturned

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Evil Willow posted:

NTA

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Evil Willow posted:

this is a King of Queens episode

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

The Bramble posted:

My gf doesn't want me to talk about experiments and unnornal thoughts

My 32 mind is the one of a scientist (INTJ)—

Let me stop you right there.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

You can still gently caress that up if you're having a bad day, even if you'd normally get it right. gently caress this test.

I failed a test like that once and nearly killed myself on the way home, just saying.

Yeah. In nursing school we had a test where you had to get a 100% or you just failed the class. It was very basic mathematical conversions and was well within the capabilities of everyone there, but the stakes definitely made people incredibly nervous and made it a lot harder than it had any right to be.

Which was obviously the point given the profession but still. Doing poo poo like that is not necessarily a reflection of a student's learning, especially with weird grading scales.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Dec 28, 2021

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Nooner posted:

Is that federal? I know it was a state law in California but i think that also just got overturned

It is federal. You can't buy a handgun until you are 21.

There are some weasel things about being gifted/given one at 18, but you absolutely can not buy one.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Motronic posted:

It is federal. You can't buy a handgun until you are 21.

There are some weasel things about being gifted/given one at 18, but you absolutely can not buy one.

What about from something like craigslist? Then again I live in arizona, and you can get a gun far easier than you can an abortion.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Cowslips Warren posted:

What about from something like craigslist? Then again I live in arizona, and you can get a gun far easier than you can an abortion.

he said he went through the checks

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

You can't buy a handgun legally "off craigslist" or with a "gun show loophole" (FYI, this doesn't exist) without doing the federal paperwork. Which you do not qualify for if you are not 21 or older.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

kalel posted:

the derivative is a function that represents the rate of change of another given function. If you require more detail, kindly go gently caress yourself because this isn't an English final
There’s a bunch of stuff you could get into around discontinuity and undifferentiable functions, depending on the level of the class. The no limit wording makes me think that you could get more credit for history, like Roll’s theorem or L’Hopital’s rule, notation, etc. BS filler that lets the kid who’d get a 100 score 129 instead.

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for agreeing to change my son’s last name in exchange for money?

Of course she won't say how much. Or the name.

Pnurtisson.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Motronic posted:

You can't buy a handgun legally "off craigslist" or with a "gun show loophole" (FYI, this doesn't exist) without doing the federal paperwork.

That is completely false, have you never heard of a private sale?

ElHuevoGrande
May 21, 2006

Oh. . .

B-Rock452 posted:

He really reminds me of my brother who my wife's family thought was really weird and wouldn't invite him to stuff until I made a stink about it since he is a really good guy. He just happens to be a very large tattooed former marine who has never been in a relationship, is super awkward and just wants to spend his time doing wood carving. Which he is shockingly good at, he sells really intricately carved skulls (some done in mammoth ivory) and makes such a good living doing it he is putting himself through flight school just cause. But yeah that woman is terrible.

What's your brother's etsy? My house really has a deficit of skulls right now

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Evil Willow posted:

A couple of drunken dick pics at a wedding sounds like people had a good time.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Dazerbeams posted:

A couple of drunken dick pics at a wedding sounds like people had a good time.
Sounds like you correctly identified the problem.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

B-Rock452 posted:

He really reminds me of my brother who my wife's family thought was really weird and wouldn't invite him to stuff until I made a stink about it since he is a really good guy.

Why would your wife's family be expected to invite your brother to stuff? I wouldn't expect to be invited to my SIL's stuff, unless it was like their actual wedding.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Motronic posted:

You can't buy a handgun legally "off craigslist" or with a "gun show loophole" (FYI, this doesn't exist) without doing the federal paperwork. Which you do not qualify for if you are not 21 or older.

https://www.atf.gov/questions-and-answers/qa/may-individual-between-ages-18-and-21-years-age-acquire-handgun-unlicensed

Nope. That’s a state by state law. It’s absolutely possible he did a private sale. However, the fact the he doesn’t mention the hassle or relative sketchiness of finding that AT ALL is sign it’s likely bait.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

https://www.atf.gov/questions-and-answers/qa/may-individual-between-ages-18-and-21-years-age-acquire-handgun-unlicensed

Nope. That’s a state by state law. It’s absolutely possible he did a private sale. However, the fact the he doesn’t mention the hassle or relative sketchiness of finding that AT ALL is sign it’s likely bait.

op specifically said he "did the checks", which implies it went through a licensed dealer and casts doubt on the story.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for telling my new co worker it was misleading of him to be wearing his wedding band when he's a widower?

quote:

Hi. A couple of weeks ago we had a new employee hired at the company. he's a good guy and a widower named "James" (36) and to my knowledge his late wife passed away 8 months ago. Me (f32) and the other coworkers got along well with him. However I noticed that he is still wearing his wedding band on his finger. It kind of confused me a bit and I couldn't help but bring it up with him while on lunch break.

We talked and I pointed out that he was being misleading by still wearing his wedding band when he's a widower. He looked quite bothered by what I said but I tried to explain that I think that he was giving people the wrong idea or impression about his relationship status since he's technically single and on his own right now (don't want to sound cruel but I'm speaking from technical angle). James said that he didn't give it much thought (meaning he don't care what people think) and that even if he wasn't wearing his wedding band and some woman approached him he'd still turn them down since he's obviously not interested.

For some reason things got awkward and everyone stopped eating and just stared at James and me. I told him I don't know but that really really felt generally misleading of him as in making people think he is in a relationship (married) when he is not regardless of how he felt about being in a relationship. He got upset, called me rude, and said that I repeatedly disrespected his marriage and his late wife's memory with what I said then took his stuff and walked away. My co workers said regardless of who is right or wrong (though some said he overreacted) there was no reason for me to bring this up on the first place and cause a scene and make James upset with us like that now he's not speaking to me and others who sided with me.

AITA? Did I overstep or did he overreact?

This was just a conversation we were casually having with the other co workers and I didn't use any insensitive tones or anything but we had a discussion and it suddenly turned into an argument. I tried to let things calm down but the situation got out of my hand unexpectedly.

some people have fascinating minds

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The_Franz posted:

op specifically said he "did the checks", which implies it went through a licensed dealer and casts doubt on the story.

You still have to do the checks. My understanding is generally in most states that you would have to transfer ownership with the supervision of a federal licensee (aka gun store) but it’s a private sale between you and the whatever random dude you found on craigslist. It’s generally a standard thing gun stores do for a small fee.

I’ve done it myself transferring guns between friends and family.

The fact he doesn’t mention it at all despite being a bit wordy still casts doubt on the story though yes.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling my new co worker it was misleading of him to be wearing his wedding band when he's a widower?

How are people this loving bad at hitting on people

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Cerepol posted:

This is the same thing, and also insanely aggravating. Like if you check in first maybe but just showing up?

My spouse's mother is like this but my kid is chronically late. Family dinners are excruciating.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

posting again to remember the goblin person, and support them

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Mx. posted:

hmm this one's wife died, interesting. lemme poke it with a stick and see what happens

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

AITA for thinking of leaving my bf because of Danny Devito

quote:

My (31F) BF (33M) really likes Danny Devito. We have been together now 6 years and he has always liked him. Even when we first got together he had a cardboard cut out of him he got a few years before we even got together.
It's never ever bothered me until he went homeworking because of covid and honestly it didn't even bothered me it bothered one of his colleagues.
He has a well paid job and is thought of very highly in his work place and has been told by his boss when he retires next year he will be recommemding him for the job. He has been there 12 years and this will really be a huge advancement for him and he deserves it. Now for the strange part. Due to him now homeworking he has been doing a lot more video calls and his bosses boss (J) really does not like the Danny Devito cardboard cut out. He asked him to remove it during a meeting so he did and the meeting carried on. The week after that in another meeting it was back in it's usual spot, after the meeting J asked my husband to hang on and blew up at him over the cardboard cutout being back. He snapped back that he is unable to tell him how to decorate his house, and unless he formally puts it in writing he won't be removing it.
I tried to speak with him calmly that maybe he could just move it but he has had none of it. He even went as far to buy an oil painting of Danny Devito and hang it right behind himself and even got a couple more cardboard cut outs. J at this point has pretty much said although he can't fire him his career here is dead, so he decided to find a new job without consulting me and will be ready to leave his job in January after serving his notice.
I tried again to speak calmly with him and he just blew me off and said he isn't staying somewhere who values the decoration of a room over the quality of his work. At this point I absolutely blew up at him and called him out for how childish he's actually being. Im honestly not sure who he is anymore because of this and I am genuinely thinking of leaving him. We haven't spoken in a couple of days and honestly an argument has never lasted this long. I might be the arsehole because I should of maybe took his side but AITA?

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Mx. posted:

"I know you've been widowed less than a year, but you need to start dating people again. And by that, I mean me. I'm people. Date me."

Jfc, the Victorians gave spouses a whole two years to mourn before they were expected to start even thinking about looking for a new partner.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Sitting at the dick traffic light, grumbling at the red.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Evil Willow posted:

GF is a snitch.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

lumpentroll posted:

AITA for thinking of leaving my bf because of Danny Devito

He should totally leave that job, both because Danny DeVito rules, and because a workplace that would pull this poo poo is probably garbage in other ways too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
This sounds a bit like a setup for a weird comedy movie or sitcom episode, but I really wonder what the older sister's endgame here is.

quote:

I’m (31M) confused by my wife’s (28f) behavior

I’ll preface this by saying this is incredibly weird to even write out, but I need some outside opinion.

My wife is an immigrant and has lived in my country for 4 years. Her sister lives in her country of origin but visits us once a year.

Her sister is engaged to a guy who my wife can’t stand, and to be honest I agree with her. He’s lazy, gross, and disrespectful. My wife is older and has always been protective of her little sister, and tries to respect her boundaries but also gives her advice. So far, pretty normal.

The thing is my wife always tells me how she wishes her sister could find someone like me, and tells her sister the same. She thinks if she dated someone like me (I’m just a normal guy really) her sister would leave the guy she’s engaged to and also be able to stay here in the US.

Her sister has been here now for a week and I feel like things are getting weird, like my wife is getting super desperate for her sister to break off her engagement or she well get married when she goes back.

For instance, my wife gets up super early, and doesn’t wanna wake her sister, so insists she sleep in our bed with me, with my wife sleeping in the living room instead (we have a 1-bedroom apartment), that way no one will be woken up when my wife gets up. This kinda makes me uncomfortable because I’m a cuddler in my sleep and half the time not aware of it.

There is more to the story (like we were gonna take a trip together but my wife had to cancel cuz of work, she insisted I go with her sister alone but I refused).

Is this normal? Am I reading things that arent there? I feel like my wife is so desperate for her sister to break it off with the other guy that she’s pushing us toward something…

Tl;dr: wife wants her sister to break off her engagement and is being weird about it.